[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we still retroactively hate the Flash all along? Because I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Flash.jpg (40 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
Flash.jpg
40 KB, 600x373
Do we still retroactively hate the Flash all along? Because I caught up on the last episode and thought it was a quality one. A bit slower paced, yes, but I'm invested enough in the characters to remain interested, and the whole ending with Barry's apparent death and Wally and Jesse getting powers maybe was on fucking point.

Only thing I'm not too hot on is trying to make Hunter a tragic victim of circumstances rather than the unrepentant evil fucker he started out as.
>>
File: 1459862370172.jpg (205 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1459862370172.jpg
205 KB, 800x600
>>82612769
No, it's just retroactively hating Season 2.
Which, to be fair, isn't totally retroactively hating on it, just getting to a point where the camel's back was broken. The whole time there were some complaints, but Zoom was still interesting enough to brush past them.
Now that we know who he is, and now that they're clearly prolonging him as a threat, all the bad things, or at least boring things, are catching up. Sure the last 5 or 10 minutes generally has something exciting going on, but that hardly makes up for us getting there, especially when a big thing about The Flash was the hype of getting to the hype filled destination, not just the hype filled destination.
Personally, I thought last episode was pretty poor. Zoom killing all those people delievered, sure, and I'm interested in seeing where it goes, but everything else barely even mattered and just left me asking "what was the point?".
>>
Everybody just wants to cut as soon as possible to avoid doing something as stupid watching through season 3 of Arrow.
>>
>>82613027
Looks like you're not particularly invested in the characters. Which is a bad thing, because as shows move forward it will always hinge on their struggles.
>>
File: rakyadn2.jpg (92 KB, 553x398) Image search: [Google]
rakyadn2.jpg
92 KB, 553x398
>>82613296
Except it's the exact opposite.
I want to see Cisco grow as a character, and even more so, I want to see him have actual time to deal with his family and his powers. Last episode tried to do that, but it didn't go anywhere.
I want to see Barry grow into the hero we all know he can be, and I want to see him defeat Zoom, but as the story goes on, him defeating Zoom is becoming less and less of a satisfying conclusion.
The same extends to all the other characters. I'm invested in them, but that doesn't excuse the story not properly delivering.
>>
>>82613079
This
I cut and ran at the first sign of bad writing and never looked back
>>
The show honestly did get worse.

It's really just the CW mandate that went into the '15-16 season that fucked every Arrowverse show over.

The mandate basically suggested that case-of-the-week elements were no longer allowed to have any emotional impact on the characters. Instead, every "emotional stake" and long-term plotline had to be based between interactions with starring and recurring characters, NEVER guests.

S1 of The Flash had a lot of little links between episodes and satisfying conclusions with their guest villains of the week, which allowed a lot of the characters to grow and for the show not to get stale. Going into S2, a lot of that vanished, and the show constantly descends into territory familiar to Arrow S3: incredibly insular, never really going outside the comfort zone of a few sets, limited cast, forgettable and completely impact-less minor villains, etc.

Honestly, it all just pisses me off, because it'sll based on the ratings success of Arrow S3....except Arrow would *obviously* have had an increase in ratings by going with the Olicity pairing and using the crossover episodes. The EPs and CW execs just don't realize that THAT'S all people wanted: the same show as in S1/S2 of Arrow, but with Oliver and Felicity as an item and the occasional crossover. That's it. But they changed too much, and now they're too dead set on never going back.
>>
>>82612769
One of my friends watches Flash, just so he can tell me how bad it is.
He constantly complains that plots and motivation make no sense and his only idea about who the Flash is, is from the Justice League cartoons.

I like it. Iris drama is a shit though.
>>
>>82614960

Where did you hear of this mandate? It does sort of describe what happened.
>>
>we're gonna fuck up Zoom this time for sure!
>Oh no! It didn't work! Again!

Can they just stop fucking up already like holy shit they've gotten rekt like 5 times now.
>>
Season 2 is bad, but there are a lot of good elements at play (actors, characters introduced, willingness to be comic booky). I hope season 3 will be better.

I don't know why the writers don't just stick to tried and true comic story lines.
>>
>>82615121
>>82614960
It sounds like a budget thing
>>
>>82612769
The season's had some real fucking stinkers which drag the rest of it down and make me question why I like it, but overall it's still worth watching.
>>
>>82612769
Season 1 is still great, but only because of Welles
>>
How great would it be if Zoom killed Iris?
>>
>>82615855
This and both of barry's dads were easily the best actors there
Any scene with one of them and another character always had them being painfully better actors
Cisco was fun as well
>>
>>82615888
Not as good as if he killed Wally
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.