[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this series the best Spider-Man (as a franchise) has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: spectacular.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
spectacular.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
Is this series the best Spider-Man (as a franchise) has been outside of comics?
>>
File: spectacularsms1-17.jpg (14 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
spectacularsms1-17.jpg
14 KB, 320x180
>>82609614
Why yes, The Spectacular Spider Man is surpure like Danny Fanthom and Kim Possible.
>>
I've only seen bits and pieces of the new x XD one but from what I've seen, yes. Also it had a pretty kick ass opening theme.
>>
>>82609614
I prefer adult Peter.
>>
>>82609777
I'm indifferent to adult Peter, but one of the appealing part of this show as actually seeing Peter grow. We went almost through one school year, and had the other three season been greenlit, we would've seen him graduate high school.
>>
>>82609614
Yeah, pretty much. There's a soft spot in my heart for the 90's series, but Spectacular was really, really good.
>>
>>82609777
Well, teen Peter is better.
>>
>excellent two seasons
>logical and great build to sinister six
>villains that had some depth
>show was fun, and still managed to deal in some adult stuff
>that fakeout with the Green Goblin
>Norman broke his own son's leg to hide his crimes
>That opera episode

Only downside is that every Jameson actor after JK Simmons is just not the same. This one was pretty good though.
>>
>>82609614
Yeah, Spectacular and parts of the 90's cartoon.
>>
yeah it's not really debatable at all
>>
>>82613618
Yes and the ladies were hot.
>>
>>82609614
>series ended with Peter life semi-fucked and Norman still on the loose
>we'll never get a season 3 because Disney
>tfw S2 hinted the possible appearance of Carnage in S3
>>
>>82614082
>Carnage
Well thank G*d we dodged that bullet
>>
yea, Spider-man always benefited from long form story telling. The character was always going to translate to tv better than film.
>>
File: 1424920849392.png (295 KB, 577x309) Image search: [Google]
1424920849392.png
295 KB, 577x309
>>82614114
>G*d
>>
File: 2.png (276 KB, 342x403) Image search: [Google]
2.png
276 KB, 342x403
>>82614114
What's wrong with Carnage?
>>
>>82614082
We were promised so much more than Carnage, though.

Hobgoblin, Hydro-Man, Jackal, maybe Man-Wolf and Morbius, more Gang War and Sinister Six stuff, Lizard vs. Kraven in Florida, Spider-Mobile, a team made up of redeemed villains like Sandman, Black Cat, and Prowler, and so much more.
>>
Which is worse, the reality we got (two amazing seasons of a show that ended way too soon), or an alternate reality (two amazing seasons, many mediocre to bad seasons)?
>>
>>82614841
The latter. It can't be any worse than Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>82614841
The former. If only because I'm curious at how Weisman would do with anything with more than two seasons
>>
>>82614189
Too edgy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.