[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: New-Avengers-1-Cover-06a5a.jpg (362 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
New-Avengers-1-Cover-06a5a.jpg
362 KB, 900x1384
What went right?
>>
>>82604203
Waifufaggotry.
>>
Not being afraid to cut loose and go crazy in a good way.

The first well made squirrel girl in, I don't fucking remember how long.

Oh, and waifu power.
>>
Squirrel Girl that isn't obnoxious, Hawkeye actually getting shit done,
Teddy getting some focus on his own
Sunspot and Cannonball reuniting and it feeling so good
Songbird betraying everybody
Giant robot fighting Giant Patriotic Lizard
and a bit more.
Not to imply that it does everything right, I have my grievances with it, but it certainly does a good bit well.
>>
>>82604203
It does campy super science and masterminding with a gleeful spledour that is hard to describe.
This is AIM shenanigans as they should be.
I just love the AIM goons sometimes forgetting whose side they are even on because they give zero fucks about why they do awesome super science so long as they do.
>>
>>82604203
It's like Shakespeare, but with lots more punching.

The first volume has three rapid-fire back-to-back two-issue story-arcs that's a breath of fresh-air from the bog-standard decompression currently plaguing the industry. Event tie-ins muddy the pace, but it's still neck-breakingly fast in comparison to everything else.

It's also one of the few ANAD titles that's actually NEW (new team, new avenger members, new villains, etc).
>>
>>82604203
It's a feel-good saturday morning cartoon wrapped in a comic book.

>>82604286
>Not being afraid to cut loose and go crazy in a good way.
Also this.
>>
Why does Matt Murdock have electric powers?
>>
>>82605063
>The first volume has three rapid-fire back-to-back two-issue story-arcs that's a breath of fresh-air from the bog-standard decompression currently plaguing the industry.
That's an interesting observation and you're right.

Looking at other comics that need 5 issues just to get their introductory arc out of the way (Uncanny X-Men e.g.), it's nice to have a book that actually hit the ground running.
>>
>>82605063

new mutants
>>
>>82605193
It's tanned Cyclops
>>
File: repost this in may of 2016.png (24 KB, 1314x268) Image search: [Google]
repost this in may of 2016.png
24 KB, 1314x268
Oh I forgot it's May now. I can finally post this.
>>
It's pretty good, one thing that irks me is every issue they have to remind the reader in some way that Wiccan and Hulkling are gay. We get it. Why can't this run be teen drama-free?
>>
>>82607309
Well, that didn't happen.
>>
>>82607509
Eh, I know some people were really down on Ewing because of that "ethics in hammer-wielding" bit from a few months back (maybe it was even a year ago I don't remember) but you know how /co/ is.

Personally I think the series looks great but haven't had the time to read it yet.
>>
>>82607309
that's not how you write Tom King.
>>
>>82605063
All New X-Men also had shorter arcs but it still feels like nothing's happening over there.
>>
File: Todd Ziller, American Kaiju.png (2 MB, 1988x1555) Image search: [Google]
Todd Ziller, American Kaiju.png
2 MB, 1988x1555
>>82604660
>>
>>82604203
Not the art, that's for sure.
>>
>>82607558
He's not really that hated. He's far too mediocre and not popular enough outside of /co/ to be hated. He also doesn't really bring any controversy outside of his comics writing either.
>>
File: 2lko1v9l.jpg (4 MB, 7950x3056) Image search: [Google]
2lko1v9l.jpg
4 MB, 7950x3056
>>
File: 1461380284379.png (146 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461380284379.png
146 KB, 800x800
>>82607309
>Ewing is even more liked because of the last three NA issues and the meta Ultimates issue
>>
>>82607558
Less than a month after that issue, plebs being plebs were blaming that on Aaron's Thor.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.