[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Underrated Superpowers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: bees.jpg (279 KB, 864x1141) Image search: [Google]
bees.jpg
279 KB, 864x1141
ITT: Underrated Superpowers
>>
>>82600364
The ability to control milk and dairy products with your mind. Lactokinesis.
>>
File: Color_Kid_01.jpg (72 KB, 424x620) Image search: [Google]
Color_Kid_01.jpg
72 KB, 424x620
>>
File: 1415598184664.png (101 KB, 320x301) Image search: [Google]
1415598184664.png
101 KB, 320x301
Refreshing lemon/lime taste and a pleasant tickling carbonation
>>
matter eater lad?
>>
File: birdbrain02.jpg (139 KB, 600x281) Image search: [Google]
birdbrain02.jpg
139 KB, 600x281
> the ability to understand EVERY langue
> whatever his powers aren't combat based
>>
>>82600534
That fucking misfit episode where the 'breast feeding mama's boy' slaughtered all the main cast. It was absolutely fucking great and creepy as shit to see something as simple, nonthreatening and common as cheese turned into a weapon.
>>
>>82601854
Defeating an immortal by wrapping cheese around his fucking neural cortex was inspired. That show was always good but that was top tits.
>>
>>82601767
I would legitimately love this power.
>>
>>82601903
I loved how they did the whole immortality=/=indestructibility. I really wish that was used a bit more in fiction, just so there was actually so gravity when an immortal got into a conflict.
>>
There was this guy who could make any girl sleep with him and that was his superpower. I'm pretty sure he had sunglasses. That's all I remember
>>
>>82601767
It's an interesting concept, but the idea communication instantly means being able to say the right thing is flawed. I recall reading about two individuals who were the last native speakers of a language who refused to speak to each other again after an argument, so they literally chose to live and die misunderstood rather than communicate with someone they didn't want to hear a word from.
Unless we're to believe Cipher also understands the right thing to say which is less language deciphering and more mind reading/washing.
Might as well cut the bull.
Then again as I understand it they went in that direction anyway with him reading body language and eventually becoming a physical combat master.
>>
>>82600578
He and Plastic Man would be lethal together, because Plas wouldn't have to worry about sticking out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>82602083
i remember him. he went into space.
>>
>>82602083
He was called "your rapist dad" and no, he's never coming back to see you.
>>
>>82601903
>>82601997
>>82601854
Too bad the show went to shit after the power swap.
>>
>>82602134
They were really reaching for ways to make Cipher badass. Instead of playing to his strengths, they were stretching the definition of "language" far beyond the actual core concept. Like the whole "body language" thing; physical combat isn't a form of communication, so it shouldn't count as a language unless his power is actually "automatically understand things", not limited to just languages. I think they even had a thing about the "language of cities" or something, which makes even less sense..
>>
>>82603541
One way they could have done it is the ideas of patterns. Nearly everything, no matter how complicated has patterns and all patterns have rules. Cipher's entire thing could have been he understood the rules of patterns. So he could have understood the idea of something and it was executed. But he would still have problem with execution as he was just a teenage boy with minimal upper body strength. However, his powers would make more sense.
>>
>>82600578
No way in hell that guy hasn't touched a child's genitals.
>>
>>82604083
Nope. He's gotta be good at punching things. That's they only way anybody can ever be cool.
>>
File: Power Creep.gif (96 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
Power Creep.gif
96 KB, 500x614
>>82601767
>>82601911
>>82602134
>>82603541
>>82604083
>>
>>82604205
Fuck this trope. Seriously fuck it up the ass with a rusty knife. This is the reason characters like Wolverine and Millar's Batman are considered cool. And I hate that.

It's why I've always liked characters like Cyclops even before he was right. To him, his powers are just a tool to get the job done. In fact, even without his powers Scott still can do a lot of damage.

Yet with characters like Wolverine need their powers to operate. Literally, take away Wolverine's healing factor and claws and he'll be dead in a month. Probably less.

It's why I love characters who are put into the hands of competent writers and have kinesis. It means that they actually can be creative with the shit they are doing instead of punching and slashing their way out of things.
>>
>>82600534
Mentioning any sort of oddly specific matter control as underrated is cheating because literally any object can be deadly with sufficient force and precision.
As long as you know you have that power you can carry a jar of your "element" so availability is a non-issue.
>>
>>82606189
It's a reference to a show. Mistfits.

The dude is mocked for it, but completely owns a bunch of people with it, including an immortal dude.

Great show, for the first two seasons.
>>
>>82603541
>he doesn't know that body language is 70% of communication
>>
>>82603541
Anon language is anything that can be used for communication for us primates we communicate mainly by sound so our idea of language is audible language. Some animals like octopus and chamelions communicate by changing their body surface colorings in otherwords they are transferring information between one and another via only pictures this is called visual language and we have one its called sign language or basically anytime someone makes a sign with their hand and you get the message. Now I havent heard of a language involving taste but it would be really sexy. Then we have tactile language which is based on touch sensation meaning hold someones hand and tap it in a pattern and you are having a conversation crazy isnt it? Then there is the olfactory language which is communication via smells most insects communicate this way, we humans dont because our noses are shit.

Plants however have a very alien form of language where they communicate via chemical messages towards one and another its not really smelling its just I dont know man.

So basically anything can be a language even pouring water on the ground if you are smart enough.
>>
>>82600364
>DR BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
>>
>>82608115
goddamnit I lost
>>
>>82600364
bees. my god.
>>
>>82600364
>you're no.1 on the hit parade
>>
>>82606270
Yes, I know that. It's not the first time that character was mentioned.
What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if you can only control one specific substance, you can completely own a bunch of people in the exact same way with literally anything provided the force you produce is comparable to a bullet or a scalpel.
It's not even technically a weird power, it's a stock power with a weird restriction that's easily circumvented.
>>
File: The East is burning red.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
The East is burning red.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
>>82603541
You've never communicated with your fists?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.