[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anything traumatic ever happened to you while watching a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: nigga moment.png (3 MB, 1868x1072) Image search: [Google]
nigga moment.png
3 MB, 1868x1072
Has anything traumatic ever happened to you while watching a show or movie where you can never watch it again without it being ruined by the memory of that experience.

For me, my Grandmom died while the Nigga Moments Episode of Boondocks was on. I hear it's great but I can never get into it.
>>
>>82599513
Was watching Pixars Cars with parents. Get out of theater and my mom finds out my uncle died while we were in there. Made my day shitty, and I can't imagine how my mom feels whenever we see it on tv.
>>
>>82599568
Well at least it wasn't one of the good pixar movies that you would actually want to rewatch.
>>
>>82599730
Well to be fair my teachers in elementary had shit taste. When we had our party days, this was apparently the popular pick for the movie to watch. Sucked, but we saw other movies though.
>>
found out a family friend died right before I saw civil war. the big funeral scene at the beginning didnt help.
>>
WATCH WHERE U WALKIN NIGGA
>>
>>82599513
nigga moment + nigga synthesis = complete disaster
>>
>dog wants to play with me, he's all giddy
>ignore him and play Ratchet and Clank 2 instead
>sister's friend comes over, dog runs out the door once it's open
>gets hit by a car

I should have been there to play with him. He was a good dog.
>>
Not quite the same but my friend's brother killed himself by walking in front of a train. That meme episode of South Park was well done but I can't watch it ever again. Too much. Guy was so nice, too. I still regret not hanging out with him more.
>>
>>82602433
Ah jeez, my condolences. My dog died while I was asleep, not while I was watching anything. But I can't watch anything with a pet dying now, not without breaking into tears.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-09-10h41m45s052.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-09-10h41m45s052.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>82599513

Not really THAT traumatc thankfully, but I had a huge fight with my dad where he said I was more or lee a waste of time the day before this episode aired.

This part with Stan's dad didn't help at all.
>>
>>82602457

Maybe you should stop sleeping
>>
>>82602653
Haha, like I haven't already developed a sleeping disorder these last few years because of things like that.

But good joke, man! You should do stand-up!
>>
The year I obsessively watched Ed Edd n Eddy and went to the Edzone forums was the year my soccer coach was molesting me all year. I can darkly laugh about it sometimes but honestly it makes me have shitty feelings associated with what was my favorite show. In a weird way, it also makes me very fond of EEnE, since it was one of my escapes after practice and traveling/carpooling. I never want to watch it again, but I'm thankful for it.
>>
>>82602889
>being this passive agressive
>>
File: 1388604889779.gif (2 MB, 173x200) Image search: [Google]
1388604889779.gif
2 MB, 173x200
>>82603051
>>82602620
>>82602441
>>82602433
>>82600219
>>82599568
>>82599513
>>
File: Iroh-Hugs-Zuko.png (400 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Iroh-Hugs-Zuko.png
400 KB, 720x480
Nothing major either but I had lots of daddy issues growing up. Basically my father has always resented me for reasons out of my control and my uncle became much more of a father figure in the end. I often tear up at most of the emotional scenes between Zuko and Iroh.
>>
File: tfman.jpg (14 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
tfman.jpg
14 KB, 360x203
>>82603051

Yikes.

Not quite the same, but I associate shows like Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, all of that with my sibling that died of heroin overdose years ago. That was our childhood, so while I remember those shows happily I also don't really want to revisit them.
>>
Opposite for me. A lot of cartoons were my only escape from otherwise incredibly abusive home and dad's alcoholic rage binges.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.