[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst adaptation of any /co/ character? Doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: spider-man-3-venom.jpg (90 KB, 1200x546) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-3-venom.jpg
90 KB, 1200x546
What is the worst adaptation of any /co/ character?

Doesn't necessarily have to be live-action adaptations, can be in any medium.

Pic probably not related.
>>
File: 20.png (167 KB, 357x600) Image search: [Google]
20.png
167 KB, 357x600
Oh you know where this is going.
>>
I think it's probably easier to point out "most damaging" over "worst"

John Stewart is at the top of the list there
>>
>>82597136
Barakapool cannot be topped.
>>
File: 1460656704044.jpg (35 KB, 415x503) Image search: [Google]
1460656704044.jpg
35 KB, 415x503
>>
File: The_Goblin_Art.png (265 KB, 534x575) Image search: [Google]
The_Goblin_Art.png
265 KB, 534x575
>>
File: CcJkfe5XEAEWKeq.jpg (25 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
CcJkfe5XEAEWKeq.jpg
25 KB, 853x353
>>
File: THAD.jpg (315 KB, 967x1450) Image search: [Google]
THAD.jpg
315 KB, 967x1450
I was literally just about to make a thread like this
>>
>>82597297
just him?
>>
Im going to go with all of the Bay Transformers, specifically Optimus
>>
>>82597435
Probably Spidey and Vulture, I guess. I don't think they fucked up the other Spidey rogues too badly. Everyone else is just mediocre.
>>
I wanna say Keanu Reeves as Constantine, The whole thing was a terrible Hellblazer adaptation. It was however a fun movie on it's own once you get past that. Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare were wonderful in their respective roles.
>>
>>82597780
>Probably Spidey and Vulture, I guess

>Venom
>Carnage
>Doc Ock
>Scorpion
>Rhino
>Sandman
>>
>>82597393
Do ya think young Arthur had a pocket pussy?
>>
>>82598032
Fuck that, I want Looter and the Big Wheel.
>>
>>82598053
You want looter and Big Wheel to suck too?
>>
>>82598038
Oksana
>>
File: twofacepic.gif (65 KB, 264x394) Image search: [Google]
twofacepic.gif
65 KB, 264x394
He was basically just a coin-themed Joker, working alongside Jim Carrey as riddle-themed Joker.
>>
Eric Foreman Venom was one of the better parts of that movie.
>>
>>82597136
I never noticed they sharpened his teeth in this scene until today.
>>
File: garfield odie.jpg (32 KB, 620x333) Image search: [Google]
garfield odie.jpg
32 KB, 620x333
Either one, really.
>>
Galactus
>>
>>82597393
I didn't know Alan Ritchson was Aquaman at one point.
>>
>>82597200
how?
>>
>>82597334
Not horrifically bad. He's rather good at points. The tornado scene has just become a meme.
>>
>>82599199
because his comic character actually changed as a result into that lifeless, bland marine
>>
>>82597334
Good god, this. I defend Man of Steel to the death, but when people bring up Jonathan Kent in that movie I have nothing to say in defense of his portrayal. His behavior THAT WHOLE MOVIE makes no sense. The scene you posted is a big, bleeding plot hole in that movie.

This should have been a red flag that Zack Snyder has a fundamental problem of understanding characters.
>>
>>82597136
Parallax.

Giant Space farts are not villains anybody want to see in movie and whenever one is put into a movie a studio executive should be publicly flogged.
>>
>>82599520
I don't know why they didn't just go with Legion, it and Parallax are both equal levels of LITERALLY WHO to anyone that doesn't read comics.
>>
>>82599470
>His behavior THAT WHOLE MOVIE makes no sense. The scene you posted is a big, bleeding plot hole in that movie.
Only if you're stupid.
>>
File: frank reynolds.png (972 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
frank reynolds.png
972 KB, 800x500
>>82597136
>>
>>82599393
It's not just a meme, it's a legitimately poor portrayal. The values the Kent's instill in Supes is crucial to his character, and this adaptation has him constantly discouraging his son from doing anything heroic.
>>
>>82599562
I promise I'm not false flagging when I say I defend this movie to people. I love MoS, I force people to watch it with me. I have a big, kick ass MoS limited poster above my computer right now.

His logic is terrible. Let's walk this out.
>tornado coming
>dog is still in the car, must save pup
>people will assume my young, athletic looking son is an alien with superpowers if he tries to save the dog
>so I will go instead, because there's no way anyone would assume the same thing about an old farmer for the exact same action

It makes no sense. You can't even say he sacrificed himself for the dog because A) that'd be stupid and B) he did not plan on getting his foot caught in the car. I love the rest of the movie, but this scene is a festering wound.
>>
>>82599678
you're forgetting people already assumed things about Clark because he used his powers in front of people, though.

telling Clark not to use his powers there as about Clark not being adult enough to make that decision and live wit the consequences. he's not a man yet, as shown by his "your not my real dad" shit in the car immediately before.
>>
File: Sad court jester painting.jpg (372 KB, 1500x1111) Image search: [Google]
Sad court jester painting.jpg
372 KB, 1500x1111
>>82599667
If Zack Snyder was any director except Zack Snyder, I would say that this was intentional. That Pa Kent being such a discouraging father explains why Superman is disappointingly unheroic in both Man of Steel and BvS. Especially in BvS. He does not have those values, but still feels the responsibility.

But this is Zack Snyder.
>>
>>82599667
Meh
He's a concerned father who doesn't know all the answers. Aside from the tornado scene he's pretty decent
>>
>>82599678
It's not a good scene, and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Although it could easily have been fixed by having 12 year old clark there instead of 30 year old clark.
>>
>>82599734
That's a fair point, Clark is very immature at that point. It was while he was in college, right?

But there's no reason Clark would have had to clearly use his powers. Jonathan has no powers, and he rescued the dog. If Clark was in the same situation, he could have rescued the dog in the same fashion. If Clark's foot got stuck, he could just free himself without doing something obvious like kicking the car 1,000 feet away.

It's just very clear that the people writing and directing that scene did not think out the logic to it at all.
>>
File: Kill me.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kill me.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
It's not even fucking close.
>>
>>82599825
>It's just very clear that the people writing and directing that scene did not think out the logic to it at all.
I think they did. MoS is all about Clark becoming a man and loss of innocence. The logic of that scene is that Clark isn't one yet. He's not a man because he's not ready to make choices and to deal with the consequences of his actions. The reason Clark couldn't save Pa Kent is because he couldn't choose to act on his own. His father's hand stopped him. His death showed Clark the consequences of being a man.

I'd argue Clark really isn't on his way to becoming a man until BvS. MoS starts him on the road. That's why he's wandering aimlessly, vandalizes that guy's struck, etc.
>>
>>82599845
oh god
>>
>>82599956
>Clark couldn't save Pa Kent

That's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm saying that Clark should have been the only person to attempt rescuing the dog in the first place.

No one would think it odd if a college aged guy tried to save his dog. He's clearly not disabled in some obvious way. I know they would be suspicious of Clark because of shit he did when he was younger, but not to the point where a young man trying to save a dog would be immediate red flags.

The only reason Pa Kent died was because his foot got stuck. It was then that the "no invincible son" meme scene comes into play. I'm saying that Clark would not have gotten stuck, and could have easily done so without revealing his abilities.

I understand clearly why they felt the need to kill Pa Kent from a story telling standpoint, I'm just pointing out how they did a bad job of killing him.
>>
>>82597136
BvS Lex is a top contender.
>>
>>82600054
They were just dumb and wanted to do something "original" instead of just using the heart attack to kill him.
>>
......you know it's true...
>>
>>82600054
There's no way they could have known how that would have played out, though. Pa Kent went with worse case scenario because he's cautious and protective of Clark. He is his father after all.

No normal man would send his son to risk his life like that. Sending your son toward a tornado would be out of the ordinary. Fathers risk for their children, especially men like Pa Kent.

And, dog lovers are idiots.
>>
>>82600112
I originally thought the sacrifice death was inferior to the heart attack. I changed my mind though. The heart attack shows the limits of Clark's power. The sacrifice shows the limits of his maturity.
>>
>>82600142
>No normal man would send his son to risk his life like that.
That doesn't mean Clark couldn't have saved him anyway instead of standing there like a retard and letting his father die.
>>
>>
>>82600194
That's my point. Clark standing there not saving him is not a script or plot flaw. It's a demonstration of Clark's adolescence and lack of maturity because he let someone else decide for him. He cannot choose to save his father because the choice isn't his to make. "Superman" is literally stopped by his father's hand.
>>
>>82597334
MoS is the story of how a being with godlike powers turned into a nice person despite having a misandrist as a father
>>
>>82600253
maybe that was their intention but it ultimately comes across as just a dumb thing in the writing rather than the character doing something dumb or wrong and ends up not really reflecting upon Clark at all, just the writers

poor execution is a hell of a thing
>>
>>82599046
Batbitches really love them some Joker tho.
>>
>>82600253
at that point in time, he wasn't Superman and he doesn't become Superman until he finds the suit in the ship

he was just a boy with extraordinary powers that he didn't know how to control well
>>
File: letskicksomeice.png (121 KB, 458x279) Image search: [Google]
letskicksomeice.png
121 KB, 458x279
Did nobody post him yet because it was too obvious?
>>
>>82600129
I think he could have been good. If everything about this movie wasn't the worst
>>
>>82600287
Only if you refuse to look at what characters do in terms of characters in their context. There seems to be an unwillingness of people to think and actually interpret what they're seeing. Viewing shouldn't be passive.
>>
File: batgirl-silverstone.jpg (27 KB, 290x501) Image search: [Google]
batgirl-silverstone.jpg
27 KB, 290x501
Eisenberg's spastic Luthor
Costner's sociopathic Pa Kent
CW's Green "dark knight" Arrow

And Michael Caine as Alfred as a relentlessly harping Jewish mother with a lower-class East side accent, who fucking hides a letter from Bruce's not-girlfriend and lets him go catatonic with grief for 8 years.

Fuck, really most anyone Goyer has touched, now that I think of it.
>>
>>82600334
Yes. That's why "Superman" is in quotes.

Actually, I'd argue that he isn't fully Superman is MoS, but he's on his way. He becomes Superman when choose to sacrifice himself in BvS. He's still pretty naive in BvS, which is was the whole point of that suicide bomber and his lament that he didn't even think to look for something like that.
>>
File: Batman TV.png (380 KB, 496x397) Image search: [Google]
Batman TV.png
380 KB, 496x397
>>82600337
If you take the Schumacher films as a homage to the 60's Batman show, it's really not too bad, and the characters aren't badly done.

His Bane is less hilariously stupid than Nolan's.

I get the feeling that Schumacher really wasn't very aware of the Burton films when he started making these. Or something.
>>
File: Rolleyes Degrasse.gif (1 MB, 374x352) Image search: [Google]
Rolleyes Degrasse.gif
1 MB, 374x352
>>82597538

Oh boy.

One of THOSE faggots
>>
>>82600422
>Costner's sociopathic Pa Kent
If he was a sociopath, he would have encouraged Clark to use his powers however he saw fit, including mopping the floor with that bully.

He was a regular guy trying to grapple with issues bigger than himself that he was ill-equipped to deal with and protect his son, whom he loved.
>>
>>82600421
In context it just made no sense, you're doing an intentional misread because you're trying to see something that wasn't there. Even if what you're saying is actually what they were trying to do they failed because again it is not there. It was just dumb.
>>
>>82599470
>The scene you posted is a big, bleeding plot hole in that movie.
Define plot hole
>>
>>82600337
That's cold, man. I thought Arnold did a really cool job with the role.
>>
File: Electro ASM.jpg (115 KB, 665x923) Image search: [Google]
Electro ASM.jpg
115 KB, 665x923
>>
>>82600492
>regular guy
>suggests his son should have let a bunch of children drown

Uh huh.

Sociopath might not be the right word but Pa Kent never would have even thought of telling his son to let a bunch of children drown in order to keep his powers a secret.
>>
I'm digging obscure for this one.

This was J Jonah Jameson in the live action American Spider-man TV show.

He didn't yell or get angry that much. He didn't really hate Spider-man and he was pretty nice to Peter Parker and would pay his travel expenses to send him to where he said he'd take pictures of Spider-man.

I don't think he smoked either.

Aside from being cheap I don't think he did anything else in-character.

That's my nomination for worst adaptation. The show he was in was so bad that Stan Lee preferred the Japanese Spider-man show to it.
>>
File: Baxter.jpg (88 KB, 385x473) Image search: [Google]
Baxter.jpg
88 KB, 385x473
Each and every time a character is made into an ethnicity he or she was never created as.

Double points if the gender is changed too
>>
>>82600492
while at the same time depicting humanity as a bunch of baboons that would tear themselves apart if they knew there was something bigger in the universe
>>
File: jameson-0418.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
jameson-0418.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>82600580
Fuck, forgot the pic.
>>
File: Clark young.jpg (83 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Clark young.jpg
83 KB, 1920x800
>>82600492
We've had this discussion more than a few times, it wasn't convincing then, it's not going to convince anyone now.

He went from feeding his son Messianic nonsense about his greater purpose on Earth to being cheese that he saved the kids he went to school with from dying horribly in a manner that Clark could easily and safely prevent.

He was so adamant about his son "not ruining his life by celebrity or being infamous" that he thought it was acceptable for him to stand idly by while one of his parents was ripped to shreds.

You could see the Kent family going to the zoo, Martha getting knocked into the Tiger pit, and Jonathan waving him off "they'll know who you are Clark, THEY'LL COME TO DISSECT YOU."

Guy was a fucking nutjob.
>>
>>82599146
>Bill Murray only signed on because he thought one of the Coen brothers was on board, but he realized too late that the paper said Cohen
>>
>>82600563
He said "Maybe".
Obviously the message was that Pa Kent didn't know the answer, he just wanted Clark to stay safe.
>>
>>82599678
>>82599667
He was suicial.
He couldn't live with with his family hiding their true nature.
>>
>>82600581
Nigga Blaxter was the best thing in Turtles '03
>>
>>82600546
Thats an ICE thing to say
>>
>>82600563
He says maybe, not fuck those kids.

That whole scene is a man trying to grapple with the issues his son and his powers represent, and his own conflicting impulses. His chief one, because he's a father, is to protect his son. That's not sociopathy, nor is it particularly evil.
>>
>>82600623
>hidden plotline about Pa Kent struggling to make ends meet on the farm
>kills himself for the life insurance money
fukin brilliant m8
>>
>>82600563
>You were supposed to keep your powers a secret.

>What was I supposed to do, let them die?

>"Good Lord, no. I mean, they saw you. Help when you can, but don't let them see you. They're not ready. You're not ready.

Was that so hard
>>
>>82600585
Is he wrong? Superman's appearance does change everything.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>82600650
It's sad that the average /co/ autist can hammer out a better script than Goyer, even Man of Shill here.
>>
>>82600612
>>82600647
>He said "Maybe".

Exactly, when his answer should have been "no".

Pa Kent's entire angle in that movie makes very little sense, especially since it ends up being pointless anyway, with Clark doing tons of obvious shit like ruining peoples trucks, getting found out by Lois Lane, and then being forced to reveal his powers by Zod anyway.

It just makes Pa Kent look like a really cold, paranoid old man. Who then proceeds to pointlessly commit suicide via tornado.
>>
>>82600612
"Maybe let those kids, of which some are your friends, die"

even Smallville had a better Pa Kent
>>
>>82600596
>He went from feeding his son Messianic nonsense about his greater purpose on Earth to being
He didn't feed his son messianic nonsense. He told him that whatever man he grows up to be will change the world. This is the sort of shit people tell their kids.

I'm sorry your father never told you anything like that.
>>
File: 1337998675755.jpg (124 KB, 607x479) Image search: [Google]
1337998675755.jpg
124 KB, 607x479
>>82597136
while on this topic, I hate anyone that says George Clooney as batman was terrible and the worst incarnation.

I loved him.
>>
>>82600657
Nuance is difficult when you are rushing to your next super-cool CGI setpiece.
>>
>>82600657
And so Clark became the Flash
>>
>>82600337
Chill out, anon. I thought Arnie as Freeze was really cool.
>>
>>82600665
You mean the invasion of giant alien ship and the invasion changes everything.

If Superman spent years building his public image before being a hero things would have been different, instead his reveal to the world is as a possible spy hiding between us followed by a battle that kills thousand and despite that humanity kept going fine.
>>
File: Evil_Superman.jpg (53 KB, 307x450) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Superman.jpg
53 KB, 307x450
>>82600699
People tell their kids to try their hardest and be the best person they can be.
They don't tell then :"an he grows up to be WILL change the world." or lead humanity into the sun.

But I acknowledge that you've had years of practice on these mental gymnastics and can argue this half-awake.
>>
>>82600525
>>82600694
I know "autism" gets thrown around a lot, but it's hard to explain the sort of superficial, contextless "interpretation" that is so common here without it.
>>
>>82600700
all things considered, the best things to come out of the Schumacher films were George Clooney Batman and Gotham's colorful design
>>
>>82600699
I'd wager it's a bit different when your son literally has world-quaking powers. It's one thing to pull a "son, we're always proud of you, you don't need trophies to prove it" a la the end of incredibles, it's another thing to say "don't save me and many others from being horribly maimed and killed because government boogeymen might come to do...something (not that they can hurt you, because you're invincible.) "
>>
>>82600744
>I know "autism" gets thrown around a lot but my shitpost requires me to say it so here I go

That's a great point you made there, chief.
>>
>>82600735
They wouldn't have shown up if Clark wasn't on earth.

>lead humanity into the sun.
Jor-El tells him that.

>"an he grows up to be WILL change the world."
I guess your parents didn't have high expectations for you. Sorry?

>mental gymnastics
Look, you can either interpret art or you can just passively watch whatever flashes by on the screen. Things are much more interesting and meaningful if you engage your mind.
>>
File: Thor5.jpg (110 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Thor5.jpg
110 KB, 1200x799
>>82600811
Yes, all movies are enjoyable if you write 5 hours of headcanon explaining all the wtf moments in them. My question is, why haven't you done this for Iron Man 2 or Dark World?
>>
>>82597136
Superman 64 is objectively the only correct answer.

What do I win?
>>
>>82600811
Do you have an argument other than petty insults?
>>
>>82600847
Snyder fans never do.
>>
>>82600785
Of course it is. Regardless, it's the kind of things parents say to kids in times of trauma. Pa Kent isn't some moral philosopher. He's a farmer doing the best he can.

>>82600800
How else do you do you explain the sort of flat, affectless interpretations that people have around here? The unwillingness to look at anything beyond the surface? And no, I'm not just talking about BvS.
>>
>>82600847
read the thread.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>82600811
>I guess your parents didn't have high expectations for you. Sorry?

"Maybe; but there's more at stake here than our lives or the lives of those around us. When the world... When the world finds out what you can do, it's gonna change everything; our... our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human... everything."

And then later he advises him to anonymously grow corn in Kansas.
>>
>take normal guy in plainclothes who doesn't do much
>give him the name of a vibrant character
Getting real tired of this, MCU.
Batroc, Owlsley, etc.
>>
File: Bane Hardy.jpg (548 KB, 1000x1503) Image search: [Google]
Bane Hardy.jpg
548 KB, 1000x1503
>>82600917
>take normal guy in plainclothes who doesn't do much
Batroc did a better display of comic martial arts in a few minutes than 20 years of Batman movies. I'm sorry he didn't have a silly looking mask........for you.
>>
>>82599046
i still hate how we were denied Lando Two-Face
>>
>>82600845
I haven't watched Dark World.

I honestly don't remember much of Iron Man 2. What are you having problems with?

There's a difference between interpretation and head canon. Whether you agree with me or not, you should try watching any movie, reading any book or comic, etc and ask why characters do what they do and what it means. I'm not trying to be a dick here. Viewing and reading aren't meant to be passive. There's usually more interesting ideas beneath the surface and whatever strikes you initially. Characters aren't perfect, don't act logically, etc. That doesn't mean it's a script or plot flaw. Often the character's choice means something important.
>>
>>82599173
Only real answer
>>
Legends of Tomorrow's Vandal Savage.
>>
File: Aygohr.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Aygohr.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>82600977
You arrogantly assume I watch movies with my brain disengaged, and can't interpret the subtler elements of a story, simply because I don't share your raging Snyderboner.

You sir, are a pretentious fanboy faggot, there's no polite way of putting that out there.
>>
>>82600946
Well, yeah. Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.
>>
File: Parallax.jpg (170 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Parallax.jpg
170 KB, 1200x900
>>82600981
Countered with Space Diarrhea.
>>
>>82599845
Considering SHES NOT EVEN SELINA KYLE
>>
>>82597136
I'm genuinely surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.
>>
>>82600905
How are those mutually exclusive? Of course the existence of aliens changes everything.

You also have to take into account that he's a six-generation farmer who is looking at the prospect of his only son—his adopted son—abandoning the legacy he though he'd leave to his son one day. Fear of losing your children to the world is pretty common.
>>
>>82600736
>>82600905

Yeah all the "you ""will"" change the world" stuff worried me from the trailers alone.

I can buy Jor-El talking on about destiny because of the older films but I never liked it. I prefer it when he doesn't give a shit about Earth.

But the Kents should be what keeps Clark grounded despite all his powers.

>With your powers you """could""" change the world. But you should try to be the best person you can be. That comes first, always comes first. If that means changing the world for the better... well. But you're too young for that right now. Go finish your chores.
>>
>>82601030
Green Lantern becomes pretty good if you think of it as Deadpool sabotaging DC movies by going undercover and causing the whole thing to turn to shit.
>>
File: Ben Parker.jpg (8 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
Ben Parker.jpg
8 KB, 259x195
>>82601047
>looking at the prospect of his only son—his adopted son—abandoning the legacy he though he'd leave to his son one day.

Ok, stop right there. He KNOWS this kid is an alien castaway from a distant planet.
He never dreamed of leaving the farm to Mork from Ork. Now you are just getting silly.
>>
>>82601007
I'm not really a fan of Snyder. I just think MoS and BvS are much better, and that the criticisms I see rely on "he said let kids die" and the like, rather than any real thought about the narrative and characters' motivations.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (9 KB, 250x268) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
9 KB, 250x268
>>82601077
>Green Lantern becomes pretty good

I am unwilling to take enough drugs to make this possible.

Even Man of Shill won't try gymnastics of that difficulty.
>>
>>82600917
>Batroc
He clearly is a french merc who leaps and kicks. What else did you want him to do?

Is it the lack of HONHONHON moustache? Because I can kinda get behind that
>>
>>82601083
>He never dreamed of leaving the farm to Mork from Ork.
He is literally arguing about his son being a farmer and taking up his place. What do you think they're talking about in that scene?

Yeah, he didn't imagine his son would be an alien. But that's the situation he finds himself in. It doesn't mean that he, like most men, didn't imagine having a son to leave his farm to like the generations before him.
>>
>>82601090
>the criticisms I see rely on "he said let kids die" and the like, rather than any real thought about the narrative and characters' motivations.

The script being terrible is a pretty fundamental criticism. The narrative honestly isn't terribly complex, and Goyer abandons them by the halfway mark, usually to give some clumsy wrap-up post-carnage in his films.

Their motivations aren't all that mysterious either. The worst part about Goyer-Snyder collaborations is that they are a crazy quilt of in-between scenes that really only serve to get us to the next "super-cool" action setpiece.
>>
>>82601119
He should've been full Bomb Voayge.
>>
>>82601083
It's like that comic with the hamish Superman that never became Superman because he didn't leave
>>
>>82601077
GL's failure is the root of current DC movies' problems too

For all TDKR's goofiness it was the end of that universe, but after they tried copying the MCU with GL and it failed, they decided to be as much unlike the MCU as possible.
>>
>>82601131
>Yeah, he didn't imagine his son would be an alien.
Wow, you are willing to grant me that? I figured for sure you'd have come up with some brilliant aspect of Goyer's Pa Kent that covered that. You've had 3 or more years of this.
>>
>>82599616
It wasn't a very good portrayal of the Penguin, but it was still a great performance.
>>
>>82601040
Most people didn't watch this movie, and those that did have already purged it from their mind.
>>
File: BaneBats.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
BaneBats.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>82601178
TDKR was after GL.

GL like Superman Returns was an attempt at franchise building, TDKR was simply Nolan getting pretty sick of the entire enterprise.
The only actor he found remotely interesting in the films had died.
>>
>>82601199
What are you talking about it? I understood the movie with one viewing.

You've had 3+ years to understand what's happening in the movie, and you're still struggling with it.

Let met guess: you prefer the version of Blade Runner with the narration, too.
>>
>>82601231
Bale was rote and dull, Caine and Freeman were phoning in their generic "pay me now" performance, and Hardy had been reduced to a cartoon voice in an overcoat.
The result being a rehash of the League blowing up Gotham paired with a really stupid twist and Hathaway being a dull Emma Peel knockoff.
And sub-Power Rangers fight choreography in a film about people fist fighting.
>>
>>82601257
Not going to join you in your Rainbow Fantasyland where Snyder makes great and deep and soulful movies. Just not.

As the great Robert Downey Jr once said "Never go Full Retard".
>>
>>82601299
>the great Robert Downey Jr
laughingevans.jpg
>>
>>82601311
I'll accept it.
>>
>>82601257
Boy, Snyder fans really have the same M.O. every time. If a lot of people think a scene is poorly constructed or doesn't play well despite its intentions, then the fault lies with all those retarded people that don't like it, and not the filmmaker. Only Zack and his fans truly get the genius.
>>
>>82601329
>>82601329
You just didn't watch it HARD ENOUGH.
>>
>>82601299
>Snyder makes great and deep and soulful movies
I didn't say that. I said MoS and BvS are better than most claim they are. I never said they were flawless.
>>
>>82600890
that doesn't preclude him being a shitty parent in the movie based on his statement., which, according to the comics, he wasn't.
>>
>>82601323
Okay, here you go.
>>
File: GREATSNYDEROMGZISEEITNOW.jpg (76 KB, 741x452) Image search: [Google]
GREATSNYDEROMGZISEEITNOW.jpg
76 KB, 741x452
>>82601329
I think it's about this hard. And at least six times.

Me, I can't get through the blu ray past the Tornado on a second viewing.
>>
>>82601329
>If a lot of people think a scene is poorly constructed or doesn't play well despite its intentions, then the fault lies with all those retarded people that don't like it, and not the filmmaker
It took over 30 years for Moby-Dick to be appreciated.
>>
>>82601040
You could post every character from that movie. And I wouldn't think that Sokka was the worst one.
>>
File: 1457316247998.jpg (108 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1457316247998.jpg
108 KB, 600x400
>>82601231
If Ledger had not died, the third Nolanbats movie certainly would have been different. Maybe they wouldn't stop at 3.

Maybe GL, MOS and the DCEU woudn't happen and we could have had a JL movie with Bale and Routh by now.

Heck, maybe Nolanbats 3 is also Superman Returns 2, with Singer and Nolan collaborating. If it still comes out before Iron Man, there would eventually be a JL movie before an Avengers one.
>>
>>82601345
Not being perfect doesn't mean he's a shitty parent.
>>
>>82601340
They are about as good a film as they were reviewed to be, no better or worse, honestly.
>>
File: Batman Bale.jpg (74 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
Batman Bale.jpg
74 KB, 600x330
>>82601388
Nice dream, but Nolan was never going to segue into a JL universe.
They could barely stop him from making James Bond with a cape. And really,. after Two-Face, you wanted to see him interpret even more fantastic characters?
>>
>>82597780
Vulture is pretty high up there. Going from a frail old man to an emo kid experimented on by Doc Ock and teetering between good and bad depending on the episode. Goblin may be low on totem pole compared to other Osbornes but in the grand scheme of the show he is pretty standard and easy to wave away.

>>82599146
I always hated the mix. I get that odie isn't some super talkative dog and doesn't do much outside of the occasional slapstick gag, usually at the hands of Garfield, but I felt like if one was CGI/live action the other should be as well.

https://youtu.be/lHBmShA8P28
>>
>>82601389
Everyone who watched MoS gets that Pa Kent is worried about people finding out his son is an alien. That's fine. But when a kid heroically saves his classmates and someone says he maybe should've considered letting them drown... to a lot of normal human beings, with normal emotions, who don't want to see a bunch of children drown for the sake of one person's convenience, that seems like a weird response from a weirdo.
>>
>>82601423
Money talks.
>>
>>82601388
Brandon Routh was a good looking semi-talent who went on to make TV shows that no one really cared about.

Cavill, another handsome nothing, will know that feel soon enough.
>>
File: ultron_3162962k.jpg (104 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
ultron_3162962k.jpg
104 KB, 858x536
you know, with a little bit of hindsight...
>>
>>82597262
/thread

He was so fucking bad.
>>
>>82601465
If it did, Nolan would still be making billion-grossing Capekino films.
>>
>>82601469
Routh is still on TV man. A DC show even.
>>
>>82601465
Instead money didn't talk and they got Hack Snyder with 50% Box office.
>>
>>82601501
Yes I realize that. He went from summer blockbuster lead to that guy whatshisname not starring in that tv show.

Because WB thinks capekino is villain-driven and all that's required in the supersuit is Handsome Actor #35251
>>
>>82601482
Is it wrong that the trailer for the Magician movie makes me want to punch his face?
>>
File: Twoface Jones.jpg (46 KB, 239x288) Image search: [Google]
Twoface Jones.jpg
46 KB, 239x288
>>82597136
I like Jim Carrey as Riddler but this Two Face was just halve assed.
>>
>>82601480
CHILDREN
>>
File: 1444920863861.png (33 KB, 184x206) Image search: [Google]
1444920863861.png
33 KB, 184x206
don't read the manga
>>
File: Bat-boxoffice.jpg (73 KB, 791x361) Image search: [Google]
Bat-boxoffice.jpg
73 KB, 791x361
>>82601571
Funfact: Batman Forever sold more tickets in the USA than BvS.
Based Snyder.
>>
>>82601469
>Cavill, another handsome nothing, will know that feel soon enough.
>being this delusional
Man of Steel and BvS made money nigga. WB will keep pumping this shit out until JK rowling can poop out another harry potter series
>>
>>82597262
>Man, I should get Bryan Cranston to play Lex. That'd be perfect.
>Hey, get me that Heisenberg guy.
>Eisenberg? Whatever you say, boss.
>>
>>82601624
It's Garfield all over again.
>>
File: Felicity_Smoak.png (939 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Felicity_Smoak.png
939 KB, 1280x720
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Felicity_Smoak_(New_Earth)
>>
>>82601569
Oh not at all. He's the kind of person you want to punch in the damn face a few times.
>>
File: Spider-man box office.jpg (52 KB, 734x210) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man box office.jpg
52 KB, 734x210
>>82601617
>Man of Steel and BvS made money nigga.

They keep grossing less and less domestically with each film. Almost $100 million less with each picture. That's the same trajectory the Spider-Man franchise was on with Spider-Man 3 through Amazing 2.

And they are spending more on each film.
>Delusional Citizen thinks this is winning.
>>
>>82601609
Ok.
>>
>>82601571
FUCK OFF CARLOS YOU LITTLE FAGGOT I HOPE TRUMP DEPORTS YOU
>>
>>82601380
He was just the first one I had found a pic of. I really just meant the movie as a whole.
>>
File: Dragonball z movie.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball z movie.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>82601769
A CHALLENGAR ARRIVES.
>>
>>82597136
As bad as Spider-Man 3 was, I loved the whole "I like being bad, it makes me happy". I always love the villains who just like doing what they do.
>>
>>82600558
Eh, ASM's Electro is really bad but it's hard to care because Electro sucks anyway.
>>
File: 1460649543865.jpg (26 KB, 343x354) Image search: [Google]
1460649543865.jpg
26 KB, 343x354
>>82601796
>DBZ
>/co/
>>
>>82601815
Goku has fought Superman like umpteen bazillion times.
>>
>>82601643
Who was Garfield supposed to be?
>>
>>82601609
SNYDER FAGS BTFO
>>
>>82601480
why did he have to die
was joss so greedy he couldnt let someone make a version with less quips in avengers 5 million
>>
>>82601876
Ultron being destroyed is literally the thing that happens in every Ultron story ever.
What a ridiculous thing to complain about.
>>
>>82601901
Nah nah, not that.

The fact Joss had to specifically go 'OH YEAH WELL WE CUT HIM OUT OF THE INTERNET SO HE'S DEFINITELY SUPER DEAD' bullshit.

He really wanted to just crash and burn all his MCU toys as best he could with AoU.
>>
>>82601913
You're gay and dumb.
>>
>>82601913
Vision kills the last Ultron drone off-screen.
Easily retconned.
>>
>>82601480
To be honest I only didn't like spoilerd sentence and shortly before a he was thrown out of airplane by the Hulk. Those moments made him rather look pathetic.
Otherwise I liked him.
>>
File: ErN7RaI.jpg (54 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
ErN7RaI.jpg
54 KB, 500x279
>>82601928
>>
>>82601913

I've not seen civil war yet, but what annoyed me about avengers 1 and avengers 2 is it felt like the whole roster were A-List John Cenas. Nobody wanted to job or look worse. So captain america gets to beat ultron, stark gets to beat ultron, scarlet witch gets to beat ultron, hulk gets to beat ultron, vision gets to beat ultron, everybody gets to beat ultron.
>>
>>82597538
Any specific reason why you don't like them?
>>
>>82601950

God damnit I hate that I know what this fucking pic is from.
>>
>>82601040
That's not fair since the entire movie was the worst adaptation.

>Ong, you're the ahvatar
>>
>>82600129
All the things he does wrong, Keaton did too.
>>
>>82601913
If they ever decide they want him back for a sequel, all they have to do is say he saved a backup of himself BEFORE the final battle.
>>
File: r6929erowrp4ydntrpsb.jpg (40 KB, 900x386) Image search: [Google]
r6929erowrp4ydntrpsb.jpg
40 KB, 900x386
>ctrl+f
>deadpool
>no one posts this
>>
>>82601821
Dude

Goku is still fighting Superman. Their battle won't come to an end until Judgment Day.
>>
>>82602787
People just trying to forget this exist
And now you ruin it
>>
>>82597973
It was a pretty good movie. I think capemovies should be made like this. Not a straight up adaptation but an own take.
>>
>>82601067
In the Donner movies Jor-el openly says he's sending Kal on Earth because the powers he'd get would keep him safe, tho
>>
>>82597334
>Hey? Shall we have Jonathan Kent die in a way that not even Superman can prevent? Thus exposing him directly to the fragility of humanity, and teaching him that he can't always be there to save the day?

>Nah, Heart attacks aren't that sexy, let's have him watch his adopted father die in a completely avoidable way, even for a life long aged farmer growing up in tornado alley.

Quite enjoyed the MoS, but Pa Kent's death is as important to Supes as the Waynes' to Batman.
>>
>>82601380
Yeah, I thought Sokka was the best part of the movie, which isn't saying much, since he wasn't good either.
>>
>>82602787
The fuck you think Barakapool means?
>>
>>82597136
He actually got his personality right. As Venom, Eddie had a sense of humor, albeit black humor.
>>
>>82600917
That wasn't The Owl in Daredevil, it was his father. They were setting up using owl for future seasons.
>>
>>82600650

Actually insurance companies refuse to cover suicides
>>
>>82600647
>He says maybe, not fuck those kids.

The fact he even had any sort of an issue with saving those kids was essentially saying "Fuck those kids"
>>
>>82600700

Clooney was by far the least objectionable part of that movie.

If he had a decent story going for him he might have been a good Batman

He's no Keaton, but he's infinitely better than Affleck
>>
File: 18880066.jpg (75 KB, 495x716) Image search: [Google]
18880066.jpg
75 KB, 495x716
Too young and the character was too blank.
The movie isn't that bad though and Kevin Spacey was goat as Lex Luthor.
>>
>>82603550
To be honest not once in my life i bothered to look up movie director names, i probably know less than 10.
>>
File: 4580977-4601700054-blade.jpg (49 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
4580977-4601700054-blade.jpg
49 KB, 852x480
>>82597136
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vlad_Dracula_(Earth-616)

Fuck this
>>
File: 688403-blackheart5.jpg (47 KB, 415x266) Image search: [Google]
688403-blackheart5.jpg
47 KB, 415x266
>>82604166
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Blackheart_(Earth-616)

Fuck it all
>>
File: 220px-ManThingDVDCover.jpg (27 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
220px-ManThingDVDCover.jpg
27 KB, 220x330
>>
Was he just misunderstood?
>>
>>82604440

No. He was pure shit. He only gets roles due to his washboard abs

While he was passable as Deadpool, That was a role lots of other people could have adequately pulled off. The video game captured his character far better
>>
>>82600337
Freeze well!
>>
>>82604556
>The video game captured his character far better
take your Waypool shit and leave. This is Kellypool country.
>>
>>82603220
That's what every version says.

The destiny guiding light muh only son stuff started with the Donner films. Criticize Snyder for the hamfisted super Jesus thing but Donner started it. Siegel and Shuster absolutely did not since they were Jews.
>>
>>82600626
Pretty sure he's talking about how Baxter was changed to white in the 80s cartoon.
>>
>>82604181
He's significantly less attractive than I remember him.
No homo.
>>
File: giphy.gif (333 KB, 400x251) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
333 KB, 400x251
>>82604086
>Not getting the Baraka reference
>responding anyway
>>
>>82597393
Everyone in the league is getting an oil change!
>>
You are all wrong or blissfully ignorant.
>>
File: slapbinks.jpg (64 KB, 570x556) Image search: [Google]
slapbinks.jpg
64 KB, 570x556
>>82604086
>>
>>82597262
/thread
Make up-less Joker.
>>
>>82600558
Nobody is going to acknowledge this because I doubt anyone here watched TASM2.
>>
>>82604556
Who then
>>
>>82601913
They kill the villains because they're not going to use them again. You can only do so much in a 2 hour movie, even three 2 hour movies a year. They can't fit all of the stuff from the comics into these movies once, let alone twice. When they do something they move on, cause if they don't that's one less new thing they get to try later. They're never gonna be a perfect recreation of the persistent "living" comic book universe.

It's seriously time to get over it.
>>
>>82605941
I watched it
and I liked it
>>
>>82601040
I had completely forgotten about him until you mentioned him
I guess painful memory suppression is a real thing
>>
>>82605935
You know, with that statement in mind

would Eisenburg actually make a good Joker?
>>
File: TeenTitansTogether[1].png (177 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansTogether[1].png
177 KB, 500x348
>>82597136
The worst adaptations are the ones that cause lasting damage.
>>
>>82606269
If he got a bit more ''cuhrazy'', maybe.
>>
>>82601823
They actually wanted the cartoon cat to play Spidey.
>>
>>82606272
How did this adaption cause lasting damage?Its the best thing to come out of the Titans franchise since the 1980s.
>>
>>82606311
Maybe he googled Teen Titans Go and an image of the first show somehow came up.
>>
File: 1451528032960.png (239 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
1451528032960.png
239 KB, 1130x900
>>82601257

>man of steel
>blade runner
>>
>>82601040
desu, the actor for Aang was pretty spot on, appearance wise. Too bad the acting was shit.
>>
>>82605929
I also didn't watch any star wars movie ever
Tho my bad for not getting a MK reference, fighting games are not my thing, at the arcade i preferred to play metal slug
>>
>>82606574
>he hasn't watched that really old movie Empire Strikes Back
>>
File: alfred-molina-spiderman2-3[1].jpg (57 KB, 533x269) Image search: [Google]
alfred-molina-spiderman2-3[1].jpg
57 KB, 533x269
>Octavius was a good boy who dindu nuffin, it was all the robot arms' fault
>>
File: old.jpg (34 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
34 KB, 500x280
>>82606604
>really old movie
>Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>82606689
It's 26 years old.
>>
>>82606733
It's 36 years old.
>>
>>82606805
Wait, what?
There's no way I miscounte- OH FUCK
>>
>>82606733

36 years old.
>>
File: igh ihh nigga.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
igh ihh nigga.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>82601624
Sonovabitch.
>>
>>82605912
Nick Cage would be infinitely better in a support role. A Cage Gizmo, or someone that just doesn't have to deal with any drama, would make a very enjoyable performance. He's just hard to believe with tension- Like he's strung too tight anyways, and any more and he'd bust.
>>
>>82600253
This is an interesting interpretation. Do you have any other examples from the movie to support the "lack of maturity" theme?
>>
>>82604315

Man-Thing was fine for the 2 minutes he appeared in the film.
>>
>>82609729
>Do you have any other examples from the movie to support the "lack of maturity" theme?
>"you're not my real dad, you just found me in a field"
>the whole talk about Clark and choices "when he becomes a man"
>aimless wandering without purpose
>wrecking the guy's truck
>looking for guidance from parents and clergy
>his indecisiveness until he's forced to out himself

He's "super" from the beginning, right? But he's not a man. His fathers are. Both of his fathers make their choices about their destinies and their son's that defy others. Both die for their beliefs while ensuring the continued safety of their son.

Clark starts to become a man in MoS because he's forced to choose. He's faced with an existential threat that forces him to make hard choices. He's better prepared than in the beginning, but he's not really prepared yet. You can add to the list above that his fight with Zod starts with him freaking out over Zod threatening his mother. He's a raging adolescence who helps destroy Smallville in his fight. He's unconcerned about the consequences of his actions, like an angry teen. Clark breaking Zod's neck, and his anguished cry, is his final loss of innocence.

This is why all why Pa Kent's death as it was portrayed is important, as is all of the talk about choices and consequences in Pa Kent's lessons. Men have to make hard choices and be ready deal with consequences, whatever they may be. Clark isn't ready for that, which is why Pa Kent dies. Clark starts the scene with the whole "your not my dad" rant like an angry teen.

I don't think Clark really fully becomes a man until he chooses to risk his life (and die) at the end of BvS because he's finally totally aware of what's at stake, accepts the risks, and commits.
>>
File: white-ang.jpg (59 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
white-ang.jpg
59 KB, 620x387
Did everyone just forget about this? I don't really want to remember either, but for the sake of this thread it must be done.
>>
>>82600468
Arnold was fine as a campy Freeze, but he couldn't sell the emotional part of his story at all.
>>
File: 1459821624641.jpg (497 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
1459821624641.jpg
497 KB, 1096x800
>>82599678

Obligatory.
>>
>>82610482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwOhFJ7Ylk
>>
>>82599845
man, that movie reminds me of that asshole producer, ex-hairdresser who kept busting Kevin Smith's balls about making a movie where Superman doesn't wear a cape, doesn't fly, but fights a giant spider.
>>
>>82610242
>Manchild of Steel
I like it. It has a contemporary feel to it, where child prodigies all over the world just give up after they hit puberty and squander their potential in their basements until tragedy really fucking strikes.
>>
File: 1456188339906.png (1 MB, 1240x800) Image search: [Google]
1456188339906.png
1 MB, 1240x800
>>82600468
How can Bane be stupid when he outsmarted the entire CIA?
>>
>>82612233
If anyone doesn't know what he's talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk
>>
>>82600492
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
good pa kent who still worries about his son and his abiities while
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSLXz8ReSe0
Bd pa kent
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.