[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"No, you move."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
"No, you move."
>>
>>82594383
I would get out of your way any day of the week miss Atwell.

Or are we going by Agent Carter this evening.
>>
Okay, but it's not really a challenge for me. I'm alive.
>>
>>82594383

MCU-wise, it's really much more a Peggy sentiment than a Steve one. I like that they let it be her quote.
>>
Thought it was a nice comic reference. Not like anything else from that shitty event should show up ever again.
>>
>>82594383
If agent carter gets renewed for a season 3 I'd like to hear her say this
>>
>implying I would move a inch before you force me to with those massive cow titts
>>
>>82594383
>Except when you compromise because you have to.
>>
>>82594383
I got sad when they went to her funeral. It's like seeing your friend at 30 and then suddenly jumping to his funeral.
>>
Not casting Hayley as Sharon is such a missed opportunity.
>>
File: MI0001553765.jpg (24 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
MI0001553765.jpg
24 KB, 400x394
My move, you say?
I choose to take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life.
Make the white queen run so fast, she hasn't got time to make you a wife.
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time and its news is captured, for the queen to use!
Move me on to any black square, use me anytime you want.
Just remember that the goal is for us all to capture all we want.
>>
>>82594516
Nah, that would have just been weird.
>>
File: 1404765291563.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1404765291563.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>OP posted expecting /co/ to be mad at them giving Peggy Cap's quote.
>Just looks like a giant faggot instead.
>>
Fit more for Peggy/Sharon than Cap to be honest. If it ever came out of Cap's mouth during the movie, he would just look hard-headed and arrogant but since he took it as inspiration from someone else and someone who has literally had a lifetime of hardships then it makes more sense.
>>
>>82594516
Probably a lack of hindsight, they didn't know how well Cap 1 would do.

It could have bombed, but it didn't so negotiating a new contract which they would have had to do to have her come on for more movies would have been a bit cumbersome, considering Atwell could have asked for a pretty penny considering she's one of the few women actually competent enough to be a good actress.

But yeah, would've takin 10 seconds
Steve:Wow you look just like--
Sharon:Yeah I know, heard it a thousand times before
Boom done and done, on with the plot.
>>
Anyone else disappointed that the last we saw of Howard Stark was John Slattery and not Dominic Cooper? I get how contracts work, but I'm more emotionally invested Cooper's version of the character. It would have served the scene better, I think.
>>
Kinda pissed me off that Cap didn't say it.
>>
>>82594677
>That line in the S1 finale of Agent Carter where Peggy talks about how Howard loved Steve as much as she did
>The realization that Tony's daddy issues are rooted in Howard's homolust for Steve
>>
>>82594684
It woulda been nice if he'd echoed it to someone else later. Maybe Spidey, like in the comics.
>>
>>82594684
MCU Cap isn't a pontificating speech making douchebag.
>>
>>82594747
I never understood why they kept this whole "Howard loved Steve" thing

They met as late as Steve getting the SSS and barely see him until his demise on the plane.
>>
What if we're both stuck in a long, cramped hallway going opposite direction?

What then?
>>
>>82594807
There's an entire montage of cap kicking ass across germany in the first movie, odds are he and stark had some time to grow as buddies in that window.
>>
>>82594807
They didn't have time to get him to show up in the montage but he was there. They were good buddies.
>>
>>82594762
That wouldn't have made sense. Peter isn't in a place where he required some kind of heroic speech.

Wanda is the only existing hero that I think it would have made sense for. Maybe if Clint told it to her but he's not that wordy.
>>
>>82594869
He taught him how to enjoy melty cheese on meat!
>>
File: normalfags.jpg (281 KB, 1200x1520) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.jpg
281 KB, 1200x1520
>>82594810
>not lying down so Peggy can walk over you
>in heels
>with the extra weight of her cowtits
>>
>>82594892
I'd have settled for them crediting JMS for the line. But they didn't even give him a Special Thanks.
>>
>>82594807
At the bare minimum, MCU Howard regarded Steve as the only "good" thing he ever made (aside from Tony, as per the IM2 video).

We can safely assume that they developed some level of friendship off-screen, given how fondly Steve discusses Howard whenever he's brought up and the depth of Tony's love-hate resentment of Steve over how fixated his father was on him. We also know that CA:TFA only presents a condensed and partial account of Cap's career with the SSS, and that he did many missions and ops that weren't included in the film (rescuing Peggy's future husband, for example).

As for whether it's love, that's obviously pure fan speculation. But it is interesting that Peggy draws a direct line between her (clearly romantic) love for Steve and the love that Howard had for Steve. There's plausible deniability, but it's not an outrageous jump to make.
>>
>>82594684

I'm glad. It's a shit speech
>>
>>82595220
Only because you're one of those young naifs who thinks the world constantly trends leftward and opposing the zeitgeist necessarily means being old-fashioned or hateful.
>>
>>82594610
That would've messed with the reveal that Sharon and Peggy were related.

Also, that just would've been fucking weird.
>>
I feel like it's a Cap line, but not a MCU Cap line. It just doesn't seem like what he'd say based on the scripts he's had
>>
>>82594807
Time passed in the war.
>>
>>82595345
Don't project on me faggot.
>plant yourself like a tree by the river of truth
Come the fuck on. The movie version was miles better than the comic one.
>>
>>82595043
>(rescuing Peggy's future husband, for example).

Which we now know is Susa.
>>
>>82595345
Not him, but it's a dumb quote because it could justify literally any action from the KKK to ISIS.
>>
>>82595471
*Sousa
>>
>>82595506
Or the French Resistance, or abolitionism, or opposition to Japanese internment. Your complaint is that it's not specific enough for you?
>>
>>82594383
> Peggy will never peg Wanda.
;_;
>>
>>82595370
>That would've messed with the reveal that Sharon and Peggy were related.
Yeah cause Steve waking up decades later and then seeing "Peggy" hasn't aged a day wouldn't have made for an interesting reveal at all.
>>
>>82595857
I'm saying it has no moral value because it could be used to justify literally anything.
>>
>>82594383
Honestly? I'm glad they gave a bit more to her character, it made sense in an overtly British way as well. Being steadfast and firm believers.
>>
>>82596029
It's not a statement about morality, it's about integrity.
>>
>>82594383
But she also said compromise where you can.
>>
>>82594383
"Can you move your seat up?"
>>
>>82596029
that's... the point?

standing up for what you believe in is not a good thing to teach people?
>>
dont they take this from a scene cap has with spidey in the comics?
>>
>>82596328
yeah
>>
File: icky.jpg (151 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
icky.jpg
151 KB, 720x1280
>>82594516
Peggyfags would have been satisfied but it would have been really weird if she was cast as Sharon.

EVC is fine, she's cute and she's making some tumblrinas butthurt pic related.
>>
>>82594491
when cap got the text that "she passed away in her sleep" i was like oh shit and started gettin really teary. that scene from winter soldier is so hard for me to watch.
>>
>>82596029
>Convictions are bad
>Never stand up for yourself, Hitler stood up for himself and look how that turned out.
>>
>>82596029
It's about standing up for what you believe to be right, about having the strength of your convictions, even in the face of the majority being wrong.

It isn't a justification for said convictions. It doesn't mean you're right for holding them. You could actually be completely in the wrong and doing harm, not good, by saying "No, you move.". While it'd be nice if people with bad convictions would give them up pretty easily, the bigger damage would be if the people with good but unpopular convictions would give them up easily too. So you have to accept the occasional bad to get the good.

In the end, you can only hope that the people will have the sense to eventually realize those with good convictions are right to have them, and come to share them, and that those with bad convictions are wrong to have them, and reject them.
>>
>>82596441
What are they so butthurt about?
>>
>>82594518
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
>>
>>82599226

Sunken ships.
>>
>>82599226
They want to keep Cap pure for Bucky
>>
>>82599226
Probably just that their ship wasn't the one vindicated. I know I am. StevexPurity 5ever.
>>
>>82594383
So cap is making on her daughter or nephew?
>>
>>82599508
>cap fucking peggy's nephew

wew lad
>>
>>82599508
Peggy's grandniece but I bet if Sharon was Shawn Carter people would have jumped on that ship in a heartbeat.
>>
>>82594610
They've done that with Emily VanCamp and Natalie Dormer
>>
>>82599226
I dunno but that person is mad
>>
File: capsa3.jpg (149 KB, 700x618) Image search: [Google]
capsa3.jpg
149 KB, 700x618
>>82594383
>>
>>82599235
/pol/ did it better.
>>
File: 1462406188439.jpg (919 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462406188439.jpg
919 KB, 1920x1080
Once again, Peggy is the best character in the whole MCU. Even while dead.
>>
>>82594939
>I'd have settled for them crediting JMS for the line
Why? It's a Mark Twain quote.
>>
>>82600517
[citation needed]

It wasn't all lifted.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.