[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freeman is a good choice for Ross but why did they choose this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Martin-Freeman-Civil-War-Banner.jpg (117 KB, 612x344) Image search: [Google]
Martin-Freeman-Civil-War-Banner.jpg
117 KB, 612x344
Freeman is a good choice for Ross but why did they choose this character and this actor for the role? It makes more sense for it to have been Henry Gyrich
>>
>Two govt leaders named Ross in the sane movie
Why?
>>
>>82583233

Because he's going to appear in Black Panther as well. Plus, Gyrich is meant to be way more antagonistic and a blatant obstacle to the heroes.
>>
>>82583233
His American accent was so confusing. My brain couldn't process it, like, "No, he's not supposed to sound this way!"
>>
File: добро.jpg (55 KB, 604x387) Image search: [Google]
добро.jpg
55 KB, 604x387
>>82583345
>sane
This movie is insane
>>
>>82583233
Marvel doesn't have the rights to Gyrich. He was in the first X-Men movie.
>>
>>82583402
That's how I felt when I first watched the Doctor Strange trailer and heard Bendydick's accent.
>>
>>82583345

Yeah, that's traditionally something you don't want to do.
>>
>>82583345
their roles should have been consolidated

>>82583385
I'm curious how that will work as Priest's Ross was a low level spaz while this version seems like a high level operative. Hard to believe this version would been dragged along on one of BP's American visits
>>
>>82583402
I was used to it from watching fargo.
Good show
>>
>>82583417
I'd question that. If Scarlet Witch is shared by the two companies, than Gyrich who's squarely rooted in Avengers lore probably can appear in an Avengers movie
>>
>>82583457

I can see douchy government asshole Ross being dragged along by MCU Black Panther while grumbling, protesting and complaining all the way.
>>
>>82583345
They are brothers
>>
I'm just happy Martin and Benedict are both part of MCU. Would it be too much to ask for them to meet eventually.
>>
>>82583468
Not that anon, but it was easier to get my head around his voice in fargo because he was doing that goofy minnesotan accent
>>
>>82583553
So this Ross will be Red Hulk someday?
>>
>>82583345
Yeah, that got confused. They should have flipped around Everett's name.
>>
I'm convinced at this point Gyrich got sold with the rights to some other Marvel property. No reason he shouldn't be around
>>
>>82583233
he shows up like twice in the movie. His total screen time is what, 5 minutes?

literally who cares
>>
>>82583385
Also Gyrich is almost certainly part of the X-Men film rights, despite starting as an Avengers character.
>>
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Everett_Ross_%28Earth-616%29
>>
>>82583233
As someone who wasn't familiar with this character...were they related?

Because I assumed they were
>>
>>82584169
No.
>>
>>82584169
No, there's no reason to believe that they're related. Ross isn't a rare name.
>>
>>82584158
So is he going to be in the Black Panther movie then?
>>
>>82584241
Almost certainly. There was no other reason to introduce him with such a prominent actor.
>>
>>82584261
Except for maybe Sherlock jokes with Bendyback Sourpuss.
>>
>>82584301
In that case they should have named him after someone in Strange's cast. Maybe Wong. Would people get mad at white-washing Wong? He's a negative stereotype to begin with. yes of course they would have
>>
>>82583417
Fox likely didn't secure exclusivity for that character
>>
>>82583553
>Russo bros.
>Ross bros.
Pottery
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.