[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I downloaded Wolverine and the X-Men because apparently it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: WolverineXMen-1-ZONE-000.jpg (908 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-1-ZONE-000.jpg
908 KB, 1920x2951
I downloaded Wolverine and the X-Men because apparently it has a Husk storyline in it that is gets her powers wrong and further destroys her character.

How big a mistake did I make?
>>
>>82581151

Not that big. Bachalo's art is usually nice, so at least you'll enjoy that
>>
>>82581151
>it has a Husk storyline in it that is gets her powers wrong and further destroys her character.
that's like 1 or 2 arcs (4-8 issues). Art is ok most of the time and I liked the focus on Quentin.
>>
It's good, lots of X-Teens and a nice mix between silly and serious stuff.
>>
File: WolverineXMen-1-ZONE-028.jpg (2 MB, 3900x2998) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-1-ZONE-028.jpg
2 MB, 3900x2998
Well, the first issue certainly acknowledges that this entire premise is stupid, and spend the whole time crapping on Wolverine-as-teacher. That was alright.

This is pretty fun too.
>>
File: WolverineXMen-2-ZONE-016.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-2-ZONE-016.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
So Gay, right guyze?
>>
File: WolverineXMen-3-ZONE-008.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2914) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-3-ZONE-008.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2914
>>82581286
>I liked the focus on Quentin.

I am honestly surprised so many people like "My Mutant Power is Tumblr" Man.
Although this third issue is the only time I think I've ever found him not annoying outside of that Exiles one-shot alternate universe version.
>>
It's probably the most fun you'll have reading an X-Men story in a few years. Doesn't take itself too seriously, and has a lot of fun characters. And some Doop appearances.
>>
File: WolverineXMen-4-ZONE-002.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-4-ZONE-002.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
Ah, Schism, a storyline where Rightclops was so Right, Wolverine continued to agree with him even after quitting to move back to New York.
>>
File: WolverineXMen-5-ZONE-003.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2914) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-5-ZONE-003.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2914
You guys are right. I am enjoying this so far.

This is the most Accountant Iceman's ever been, and I really like that Aaron did that.
Bobby Drake's like the only X-Man capable of having a real job.
>>
File: WolverineXMen-5-ZONE-004.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2914) Image search: [Google]
WolverineXMen-5-ZONE-004.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2914
Warren may have been memory wiped, but he apparently retained his Austen-era position on public nudity.
>>
>>82581151
It's a really bad series that beyond that tries to be overly jokey and goofy but isn't entertaining. Quire's a fucking shit character too. Anyone who tells you it's good is lying to you, it's garbage. It'd be the lowest point of the last 10 years of X-Men books if the current crop of books didn't exist.
>>
>>82581151
You moron.
>>
>>82581799
That's the entire problem. Having a goofy comedy book as an ancillary title is fine. Having it as one of the main titles of the entire line is fucking stupid. And the comedy in the book for the most part wasn't even good.
>>
>>82581451
>comic cook club - from Kirby to Morrison
>kek
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.