[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Angry Birds movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15
File: angry-birds-movie.jpg (225 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
angry-birds-movie.jpg
225 KB, 670x377
is actually good?
>Agreeability gets you so far in life, but when the chips are down, it helps to lose your temper sometimes. That’s a pretty unexpected moral takeaway for a kids’ movie, and it’s just one surprise of many in “The Angry Birds Movie,” a fast, fizzy and frenetically entertaining extension of the manic gaming franchise.
http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/the-angry-birds-movie-review-1201768669/
>>
>>82576842

What about the whole allegory for the German migrant crisis thing?
>>
>>82576942
Its all in your head
>>
>>82576942
It is what it always was, /pol/ bullshit and signs that people need a hobby
>>
File: crying game.jpg (26 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
crying game.jpg
26 KB, 500x264
>>82576942
>tfw you came to the same conclusion as /pol/ independently.
>>
>>82576842
Nothing wrong with righteous indignation.
>>
6 years late
>>
>>82576942
Reading the description I thought it was a reference to how groups can "peacefully protest" and nobody gives a shit until you start breaking things because humans only respond to violence.
>>
>>82576842
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>Best video game movie ever is fucking Angry Birds
my sides
>>
File: merkelbird.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
merkelbird.gif
2 MB, 700x394
Positive reviews include:
Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/angry-birds-movie-film-review-891692
Flickering Myth: http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/05/movie-review-the-angry-birds-movie-2016/
IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/07/the-angry-birds-movie-review
Director's Cut Movies:
http://www.directorscutmovies.com/2010s/the-angry-birds-movie
The Movie Blog:
https://them0vieblog.com/2016/05/07/non-review-review-angry-birds/
A guy named Jimmy Cage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2I_9hZNJk
A German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrOd1gKhaCQ&feature=youtu.be

A mixed review:
Screen Daily: http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-angry-birds-movie-review/5103462.article

And some negative reviews:
TheWrap: http://www.thewrap.com/the-angry-birds-movie-review/
Indiewire: http://www.indiewire.com/article/review-the-angry-birds-movie-jason-sudeikis-josh-gad-animated?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=FaceBook#comments
Impulse Gamer: http://www.impulsegamer.com/the-angry-birds-movie-film-review/

also I made a merkelbird gif
>>
>The film’s protagonist is a bird called Red, and he is – you guessed it – angry. Other birds mock his eyebrows. He can’t impress the hottest girl birds. And he is the only one who thinks the arrival of pigs to his native island is anything other than a multicultural delight. Technically, this suggests Red is an instinctive racist, but my guess is that his suspicions will be vindicated. (Of course, that will make the moral of the story that it’s right to fear and mistrust strangers. Sounds problematic. Someone consult Twitter.)

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/07/here-comes-the-angry-birds-film-but-why-cant-a-game-just-be-a-game
>>
File: 1455740298430.gif (691 KB, 255x209) Image search: [Google]
1455740298430.gif
691 KB, 255x209
>>82579460
>This film is problematic and spreads problematic messages
If it's good then I'm definitely seeing it then to add to the assblast
>>
Not even /pol/ but when I first saw the trailer I immediately thought of Europe and muslims coming in.
The coincidence is astounding, I might see it just to see how much it resonates with /pol/
>>
>>82579460
In the games I think the pigs ate the birds' eggs and that's why they are angry.
>>
>>82576942
I can see how you could come to that conclusion if you just happen to a complete moron.
>>
File: pig of peace.jpg (20 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
pig of peace.jpg
20 KB, 470x313
>>82579911
Except the similarities are pretty accurate.
Especially with how the other birds react to Red's suspicions. It is almost identical to how leftists react to anyone who criticizes the sort of suicidal mass immigration that is occurring in Europe.
>>
>>82579213
Because that's such a high bar
>>82579867
They wanted to eat the eggs, but the birds stopped them before they could.
>>
File: J494B1q.jpg (857 KB, 977x7000) Image search: [Google]
J494B1q.jpg
857 KB, 977x7000
>>
File: WhatTheRatchetIsThis.png (180 KB, 336x321) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheRatchetIsThis.png
180 KB, 336x321
>>82579234
>Looks at Positive reviews.

I can't believe I live in a world where Angry Birds, a game with little to no plot has a better movie than Ratchet and Clank, a game WITH a plot.
>>
File: 1456688600004.png (52 KB, 172x157) Image search: [Google]
1456688600004.png
52 KB, 172x157
>>82579460
>Sounds problematic. Someone consult Twitter.)
>>
>>82580080
You are either American and have no idea what is actually going on in Europe or you're European and you have actually bought into the neofascist propaganda we've been bombarded with in the previous year and either way, I pity you.

I live in Germany and sure as hell poor decisions have been made, we never should have been the ones to carry the fallout of the Syrian civil war and if we had been smart we would have just refused to take any responsibility like everyone else did.

But if you honestly believe in some leftist conspiracy to destroy Europe through, what you call "suicidal mass immigration" are pretty much a pawn to the very same collectivist forces that are currently trying to sell us repression in the guise of "healthy" nationalism.
>>
>>82576842
Wait , is /pol/ right about this movie ?.
>>
>>82580324
>>82579460
This is taking the piss out of Twitter right? Lately I've been seeing more and more media outlets shitting on SJWs, and not even right leaning rags either.
>>
>>82580313
Actually kinda makes sense. Angry Birds isn't tied down to any sort of expectations, so they're free to do whatever they want.
>>
>>82580639
I blame Merkel, she really wanted that Nobel Peace Prize and thought this could do it. Now Germany has ruined the continent for the third time in a century.
>>
>>82580313
Narratives in video games tend not to adapt well into other mediums, so having no plot was probably a plus for it.
>>
>>82580862
>This is taking the piss out of Twitter right?
knowing The Guardian probably not
>>
>>82580939
She's a poor chancellor and always has been and everyone who voted for her after we had all seen how she handled the NSA-scandal a few years back has only themselves to blame. By that point everyone should have realized she's a spineless sellout.
>>
>>82580639
>>82580939
>>82581081

Uh maybe it's because I don't care as much but how is any of this related to a movie about bird, pigs and slingshots?
>>
>>82580639
You may love the repressive EU government that is trampling all over democracy and breaking its own rules left and right, but you don't talk for the rest of us. Our EU masters have not been elected by the people. They want more power, and they can only get it by wrestling it out of the hands of independent nations. When you attack nationalism, you are helping them accomplish that goal.

In any case, the movie has been in development since well before the manufactured immigration crisis hit.
>>
>>82580202

Everytime.
>>
>>82581219
Plus animation takes so long that it can't really be as reactionary as some imagine.
>>
File: Finn pepe.png (93 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
Finn pepe.png
93 KB, 600x578
>>82580639
I'm a Finn, and I sure as fuck know what is going on in Europe. Thankfully shitskins can't stand the cold and autismal culture of my homeland, so they are leaving willingly, into your homeland for example.
>mfw when that refugee shit escalated, refugee centers getting firebombed became almost a weekly thing here.

In your case however, you have a shit future ahead of you. It doesn't take a genius to see what is coming for you, and Swedes, when both of your homelands have more foreign born men under the age of 30, than that of actual native german and swedish men.
>>
>>82581081

Well she's a woman so that's a given.
>>
>>82581179
Media can be a reflection of current event, either as a warning or a way of influencing people.
>>
>>82576984

Who cares if you thought the same as /pol/? I would rather think like /pol/ than tumblr. This is counter-productive though since /co/ has a huge tumblr problem that they constantly pretend doesn't exist.
>>
>>82579234
Adding to the list...

Positive reviews:
From another German: http://www.film-rezensionen.de/2016/05/angry-birds-der-film/
From a Frenchman now: http://www.cinopsis.be/film/the-angry-birds-movie/

Mixed:
Live Love Cinema: https://livelovecinema.wordpress.com/2016/05/08/cine-reviews-the-angry-birds-movie-2016/

Negative:
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/angry-birds-movie/review/
>>
>>82581219
I don't see why you would accuse me of being an European federalist, for all I care every single member of the Union should declare independence. Hell ,if it was up to me every single person would declare indepence.

I might not be a nationalist myself but I'm by no means attacking nationalism in general, I'm attacking the current brand of authoritarian nationalist populism that asks us to sacrifice our values and our rights to preserve some nebulous notion of a national identity.
>>
>>82576942
It's like that thing where you should be a Christian because the alternative is going to hell so a few decades of church is worth it to avoid that. It makes sense within a narrow context but then when you expand your view it breaks down.

Also like Christianity, if the guy who wrote the thing appears to you and says, "Yeah, that's the deal," you should probably believe it.
>>
>>82579460
Except that they go and look to an outsider for help. Twice (Red and the Eagle). The moral is more, "Be wary of people who show up out of nowhere and promise you lots of cool shit." The refugees aren't that. They're ASKING for help, not promising it, and they didn't show up out of nowhere; they're the nigh-inevitable result of the West's political meddling in the region.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1280x1083) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1280x1083
>first good mainstream vidya movie
>it's based on an iOS app

Great
>>
File: 1328160108276.png (202 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1328160108276.png
202 KB, 480x360
>>82580313
>Angry Birds is gonna be known as the most critically acclaimed videogame movie
>>
>>82581697
Just wait for the Minecraft movie. I can already see it being like the Lego movie.
>>
>>82581935
The Lego movie had no right to be that good.
It was a fluke.
You can't expect the Minecraft movie to be as good base don the similarity to the shilled product
>>
>>82582160
>>82581935
Lego movie had Lord and Miller so it was going to be hilarious no matter what
>>
>>82581747
>>82581697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsrei58-VPA
>>
>>82581415
>the current brand of authoritarian nationalist populism that asks us to sacrifice our values and our rights to preserve some nebulous notion of a national identity
I don't think the nationalists/populists are asking that at all. If anything, it's the left (and now even the centre) who are saying we should sacrifice European values and our rights to appease people who don't share or respect them.
>>
>>82576842
>/Pol/ is right; the movie.
Great; now I'm interested in seeing it, but live with a family that's full of normies to not go see it with. Even if I go alone, they'll be like "Are you serious; you need to grow up!"
>>
I'm surprised the movie is getting decent reviews.

Shame you're unable to discuss it on 4chan
>>
>>82579234
>green swine in Daft Punk helmets
Well, I'm sold.
>>
>>82582493
Except that European values and rights are what drove the initial openness, and the events that lead to the codification of those rights are themselves the injustices and horrors that lead to the circumstances that are now testing Europe's commitment to observing those rights.
>>
>>82576942

Would the allegory also have worked if you had the birds as natives and the pigs as settlers? The pigs seem to have better technology than the birds, and the pigs live in a European style castle while the birds seem to live in much more simple homes.

>>82580202

Aren't the sheriff bird and the mother bird the same character?

>>82581697

>tfw your favorite video games will never get movies
>even if they did, they'd probably totally suck

>>82582593

Can't you just tell them you're going to see a different movie? Do you think they're going to send someone with a camera to make sure to go to a normie movie?
>>
>>82583032
The movie is just using the colonialism metaphor as a shade for the actual Refugee crisis allegory
>>
>>82582493
Our new German nationalist party (which, started out as a fairly moderate party that advocated a Euro reform and only really jumped onto the train if nationalist populism fairly recently which does little to alleviate my feeling that we're facing an organized campaign to turn Europe towards authoritarian nationalism) is fairly open about it's plans to restrict our freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom of journalism and change our school system to be more in line with their ideology. The nationalist party in Poland that has recently come into power has already started to do these things. The Austrian one that is about to come into power has voiced similar ambitions. And from what I've heard about France, the Netherlands and most of Eastern Europe they seem to be very much the same. And let's not even get into whatever the hell Donald Trump is on about.

Don't get me wrong, I have little love for the political left, I find the currently popular notion of political correctness and the solipsistic pushing of identity politics to be counterproductive to a functioning society at best and absolutely destructive at worst but that's far from the most urgent problem we're facing right now.
>>
>>82576942
ugh, could you just, like..... NOT??? Europe is for everyone there needs to be loads more diversity and only pissbabies from /pol/ disagree #refugees welcome
>>
>>82583451
Different guy here. What we're seeing is pendulum backswing. Too many "enlightened" liberal types forcing their "superior" ideology down everyone's throats and decrying anyone who opposes them as a backwards racist/sexist/whatever-ist. Instead of trying to be cooperative and nuanced, they used a sledgehammer to get their way. And it worked for a while, like this sort of thing usually does. But when they tried to tamper down all opposition, it inevitably caused angry festering instead. Now everyone who disagreed with them on certain matters (i.e. immigration policies based more on idealism than reality) are seeing themselves vindicated in the face of governments which refuse to take responsibility and still blame the people for everything going wrong. So as far as many people are concerned, out with the old and in with the new.

Think of it as the opposite of what happened after World War 2. Fascism's failure prompted an openness to Communism, but both were still bad choices. It was just a different extreme offering unrealistic promises.
>>
>>82581255
>This comment
Well you're a troglodyte, so that's a given.
>>
>>82579460
Don't they tell kids not to trust strangers ?
Seems like a good message to me
>>
>>82583769

>biting such obvious bait
>>
>>82581349
>spot the redditor
>>
>>82583713
That makes it all the more important that centrist, middle of the road people don't lose their heads and advocate pragmatism in the face of increasing political polarization and growing extremism.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 305x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 305x290
>>82583769
Here is your reply
>>
>>82583884
I'm really not sure what they should advocate at this point. Emotions are running high and people are flocking to the easy-answer givers.
>>
I just found a Q&A session with the directors of this movie on Quora.
https://www.quora.com/session/The-Angry-Birds-Movie/1
>>
>>82584006
Terrorist attacks inflence people more than anything. Turkey's in trouble right now, more than they're letting on, but an attack in Germany or Britain or another attack in France may catalyze the situation. A bigger problem I see going forward is what will happen when the war in Syria ends, will 8 million plus people just go back?
>>
>>82584166

>The Birds as a community actually aren’t angry in the beginning. They are comically naive, having lived their whole lives on Bird Island in peace, protected by the legendary Mighty Eagle, a hero no one has seen for decades. Red doesn’t share the same outlook, based on his own life experiences. He’s more in touch with his darker emotions and a lot more realistic about how life can be unfair.

>When the Pigs show up and steal the Birds’ eggs, there’s plenty to be angry about.

>It was fun to explore the idea that anger isn’t necessarily a negative emotion. Like Aristotle said, “Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.”

>The interesting part is that in the first game, Red is the one bird who doesn’t have any special powers. We liked that idea and decided his “power” or“skill” is his anger and his natural ability to speak the truth and lead. He’s the one guy who doesn’t have a talent, yet he’s the one everyone turns to when it’s time to get even.
>>
>>82584166
>They are comically naive, having lived their whole lives on Bird Island in peace, protected by the legendary Mighty Eagle, a hero no one has seen for decades. Red doesn’t share the same outlook, based on his own life experiences. He’s more in touch with his darker emotions and a lot more realistic about how life can be unfair.

>When the Pigs show up and steal the Birds’ eggs, there’s plenty to be angry about.

>It was fun to explore the idea that anger isn’t necessarily a negative emotion. Like Aristotle said, “Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.”

Huh...
>>
>>82584293
>>82584300
the /pol/ is getting stronger
>>
>>82584769
>>>/pol/73420111
Just testing here.
>>
>>82579213
The game had zero plot and only character designs that could be implemented in a movie.
What makes most adaptations shit is trying to appeal to standards set by the original and fail. Here the writers had a blank canvas to work with.
>>
>>82585266
So I guess we can expect more movie adaptations of mobile games. A Clash of Clans movie might be fun. They might make a Candy Crush movie too, while they're at it.
I hope this does good for Rovio and they start making animated movies, maybe even based off original stuff. That being said, a movie based off Amazing Alex could be cool.
>Rube Goldberg device: The Movie
>>
File: 1453935652028.jpg (177 KB, 634x370) Image search: [Google]
1453935652028.jpg
177 KB, 634x370
>>82584769
/pol/ is always strong
>>
File: 1453960545694.jpg (263 KB, 956x596) Image search: [Google]
1453960545694.jpg
263 KB, 956x596
>>82585434
>Candy Crush movie
Absolutely halal.
>>
File: 20141219_joejihadi.jpg (122 KB, 1550x913) Image search: [Google]
20141219_joejihadi.jpg
122 KB, 1550x913
>>82584293
>They are comically naive, having lived their whole lives on Bird Island in peace, protected by the legendary Mighty Eagle, a hero no one has seen for decades.

>>82584769
>the /pol/ is getting stronger

The Syrian rebels aren't exactly looting their TOW missiles from government supply depots.
>>
http://www.impulsegamer.com/the-angry-birds-movie-film-review/
I should double feature this with Civil War when the semester ends.
>>
>>82579234
Forgot to add a positive from Letterboxd:
http://letterboxd.com/cmerigo/film/the-angry-birds-movie/
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.