[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkwing Duck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 256x192
It's been a while since I've seen a thread about this show. Let's fix that. Why was Liquidator used so little? I always liked him as a villain, but even Bushroot got more episodes.
>>
>>82576672
I feel like it's hard to balance liquidator in the show. He should be pretty much unbeatable.

I think that's why he got less play than Bushroot or Megavolt, because they could be more easily foiled.
>>
>>82576672
The writers said that he was a pain in the ass to write, that corporate salesman patter was really tricky to get right. Megavolt by comparison was much easier, they just got Dan Castellaneta in the recording booth and he'd ab-lib gags like taking batteries out of household appliances and scream about how his brethren were free from the shackles of domestic servitude.
>>
>>82576672
I actually know the answer to this, a billion years ago I knew some acquaintances of Tad Stones, the show creator/runner.

Apparently his "ad copy" dialogue was a real bitch to write, and the biggest reason they avoided using him much. Remember how he always talked like he was a commercial?

I also remember everyone observing that he was the most powerful amd hard to beat villain in some ways, I'd guess if not for the dialogue he'd get turned into cement or jello over and over again, I also remember how he got trapped in a net in an ep and everyone saying how stupid that was.
>>
File: lets get dangerous.jpg (66 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
lets get dangerous.jpg
66 KB, 639x480
Reboot when?
>>
>>82578261
The comic was revived recently, but no one seems to have uploaded it yet.
>>
>>82576740
>>82576782
Makes sense. A similar reason on Beast Wars is why Waspinator got blown up so much: the editors hated having to deal with his droning, drawn out cadence since it ate up so much time, so they would frequently blow him up just to get him out of of the scene and not deal with him.
>>
>>82578424
I nabbed a physical issue, if you like Darkwing Duck, you'll love the comic. Sparrow really nails Darkwing's alliterations, there's several in the first issue alone.

Villains outside of Megavolt haven't had a lot of dialogue yet but he was quite in character.

Spoilers regarding the first storyarc: it looks like we're getting Arkham Asylum a la Darkwing.
>>
>>82578636
Yeah, I bought the physical copy myself. Just saying that having an uploaded version means more people can read and discuss it.
>>
>>82578699
Ikr? Where are the scans people?
>>
>>82576782
>I also remember how he got trapped in a net in an ep and everyone saying how stupid that was.
Which episode was that? One of the "Fearsome Five" episodes?
>>
I remember getting really upset that they killed off the cute painting villain, I thought she was the best.

I was also about 5, so might have taken it too seriously.
>>
>>82578636
This is same continuity as the last comics right?
I wonder if and what they'll do with Quakerjack?
>>
>>82576672

Logia devil fruit users are always the hardest to combat. Unless you can literally nullify them how can you beat someone who is/turns into an element? It's pretty much impossible unless you have that opposite element or make them inert, which isn't always possible.
>>
>>82582507
Splatter Pheonix was way better in her first appearance than her second anyway. She had a different voice actress and the animation and writing were far worse in her second episode. Her first ep was called A Brush with Oblivion and it was one of the show's very best episodes.
>>
>>82578636
..That spoiler sounds AWESOME.
>>
>>82581971
I'm pretty sure it was, wish I could remember which one now. It was pretty stupid, but eh, it was a pretty cartoony show by Disney standards, closer to WB toons.
>>
>>82576672

I wonder what the Darkwing Duck Kingdom Hearts world will be like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdLbiF9gCo
>>
>>82583019
Came here to post this. How dirty do you think his diaper was during recording?
>>
>>82576682
remember when he just randomly turned all of the water in the city into yellow jelly?
>>
>>82582718
It is.

They don't seem to be in a hurry to get him back, considering all the villains they have to play with. They even brought back Wolfduck!
>>
File: Image278.jpg (56 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Image278.jpg
56 KB, 768x576
I like darkwing duck for scenes like this. best faps of my life
>>
In regards to the comic, the Phantom Blot is still out there, and it'll be very interesting when he and Darkwing finally meet each other. I'm hoping Mickey Mouse himself gets involved, since the Blot ended the last series swearing that "his greatest enemy" will fall before him, and we all know that there's only one Mouse he refers to as such.

>>82584014
Remember in the Disney Adventures comics when he tried to turn all of St. Canard's population into water puddles that he could reshape into a giant monster?

>>82585676
How could they bring him back? Wolfduck never appeared in the cartoon and was made up for the NES game. As to Quackerjack, we last saw him turning himself into a doll out of shame for breaking his girlfriend's heart, so I don't think he's in the mood for any villainy right now.
>>
>>82576672
Actually, seeing the image, I recall how Liquidator wanted to take Gosalyn to the factory saying that he appreciated her entrepreneurship. I thought it meant he was going to mutate her in the same way as he was.
>>
>>82587136

>take Gosalyn to the factory saying that he appreciated her entrepreneurship

he wanted to slap that h2o dick on her duck pussy
>>
>>82582718
>This is same continuity as the last comics right?

Sort of, they're ignoring the Duck Tales/DW crossover.
>>
>>82587575
With good reason, since it sucked and it was made without Disney's permission.
>>
>>82578261
>reboot
Get fuck, Hollywood whore!
>>
>>82583019
You shit posting or that rumor turn out to be true?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.