[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: TKJ-laughter.jpg (159 KB, 596x307) Image search: [Google]
TKJ-laughter.jpg
159 KB, 596x307
>It's an extremely good adaptation
>The Batgirl prequel doesn't just feel tacked on
>It's one of the best DC films in years
>BUT
>They change the joke at the end
>>
>>82576305
>knock knock
Who's there?
>dick-punch
>>
please put the joke in a spoiler because I might never see this film
>>
>>82576527
So read the comic.
>>
>>82576557
Did you not just say they changed the joke?
>>
>>82576560
Op posed a hypothetical. Don't be an ass.
>>
File: 1456580749654.jpg (158 KB, 417x515) Image search: [Google]
1456580749654.jpg
158 KB, 417x515
>>82576527
Righto

>>82576305
If you change the joke you remove the entire point of why Joker feels Batman's help is futile as well as an illustration of Joker's psychology.

He starts out somberly admitting failure and just wanting to be beat up and hauled away, but when Batman declines and insists to dwell on their dire situation Joker manages to express it in a humorous fashion because finding humor where others see none is all the Joker is and has left.

Joker acknowledges the memories he has of things may be hallucinations, he doesn't know for sure so he doubts recovery is possible or someone running around in a batsuit has much hope rehabilitating him. He acknowledges through the joke that whatever got Bruce over to the other side worked for him, sure, but Batman's hopeful but uncertain attempt at offering help only seem rational from his side of things because he's already safely there.

For Joker Batman is asking him to make a leap of faith for something with immediate signs of failure that more rational people would question the sanity of either of them even imagining was a good idea.

To Joker he's hearing Batman say
>Just get in my batmobile, come to my batcave, battalk to me and I'll batfigure something out
And Joker's basically responding
>Just throw my ass back in Arkham senpai

On the other end because Bruce listens to what Joker's trying to say in response to his offer as well as how he's saying it through the anecdote he both gets the joke and humors Joker in return until the cops arrive.

It demonstrates a disturbing but mutual understanding of each other that Batman had been trying to establish since the very premise. Without that conclusion the story would just trail off.
>>
>>82576305
No, thanks. Original joke or bust.
>>
>>82576599
Capped. Beautifully said, my friend.
>>
File: lemongrab-unacceptable-1024x571.png (213 KB, 1024x571) Image search: [Google]
lemongrab-unacceptable-1024x571.png
213 KB, 1024x571
>>
>>82576599
God damn, anon. You thought this over.
>>
>>82576305
I'd rather have the whole film be a shitfest except for an amazing ending with the original joke ofc
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.