[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows that inspire you to work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 960x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 960x531
Are there any /co/ shows out there that get you into the mood to draw/write/animate or do any sort of craft?

For me I'd have to say Gravity Falls and Mission Hill really get me in that zone where I can feel somewhat more confidant in my artwork but also try and learn new things.
>>
>>82572644
Yeah and the inspiration lasts a whole 3 minutes.
>>
>>82572644
Seeing how Alex Hirsch came out of art school and just made Gravity Falls which is really creative and yet so simplistic in its character designs, it was inspirational. Made me want to create something that great. The manga Bakuman too. And of course Zootopia. That documentary about how it was made is great
>>
>>82572945
Gravity Falls isn't creative.
Alex literally stole every plot point and idea from Eerie, Indiana, and then pretended he did something amazing. all he really did was get Disney to accept the show and be a little more "Edgy."
>>
>>82572644
English is not my first language.

Please, expain me the meaning of the word "inspire" in its common use. Because I saw countless pictures of flower, piece of pavement, third world kids, hipster guys or clouds posted on facebook with the word "inspiring".
>>
>>82572644
Gravity Falls and Adventure Time usually get my mind going, but recently I've been working on an idea for a short film/pilot maybe that's inspired of Wander Over Yonder
>>
>>82572979
That's the majority of TV animation sans maybe Wander Over Yonder and Amazing World of Gumball. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall, they're all just "borrowing" lots of story elements from other things with very little changes. Then they pass it off as their own. And the remaining shows, like Clarence or We Bare Bears, are too basic to be creative in the first place.

That's what happens when you get 20-something year olds to make a show after only a couple of years of experience. Ends up being obviously rehashed of things that inspired them when they were younger to the point where the homage outshines the original content.

I mean, Zootopia was inspired by Robin Hood but neither movie even feel remotely similar to me. Can't say the same about Stevenball Z or the X-Falls.
>>
>>82575567
What is it with psuedo-intellectuals on /co/ complaining about Clarence. Every time, it's their go--to example of bad, even though they've never seen more than one episode. If you'd watched it you'd notice Clarence was clearly inspired by primary-school directly as opposed to another peice of media.

Especially hilarous considering the shows you site as exceptions are no better, creativity-wise.
>>
>>82575765
>What is it with psuedo-intellectuals on /co/ complaining about Clarence.
I've literally never seen this. /co/ doesn't even talk about Clarence. Give me posts to show me what the fuck you mean.
>>
Shows no, movies yes but they tend to be old.
>>
File: 1395524663563.jpg (99 KB, 780x960) Image search: [Google]
1395524663563.jpg
99 KB, 780x960
>>82572644
I'm sorry but if you want real motivation, watch Space Brothers.

Cartoons have never really done anything for me but entertain.
Not putting them down or anything of course. But Space Brothers is pure motivation.
>>
>>82575567
>Stevenball Z
>X-Falls
Pretty Little Adventures and Regular Friends
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.