[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe I've missed something, but... Where the fuck is he?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: Red_Skull_002.jpg (137 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
Red_Skull_002.jpg
137 KB, 1500x996
Maybe I've missed something, but...

Where the fuck is he? Where did he go? Was he not teleported somewhere? Why hasn't be resurfaced? He isn't actually dead, right? It did NOT look like a death scene in the slightest.

I want him to come back goddammit.
>>
>>82569812
>He isn't actually dead, right?

Until they talk Hugo Weaving into coming back, he is.
>>
>>82569915
What, he thinks he's too good for a billion dollar franchise?
>>
>>82569915
Why the fuck wouldn't you want to be in the newer Marvel movies?

The ones that make billions of dollars?
>>
>>82569812
>Where the fuck is he?
No longer appearing in the MCU.
Or as Megatron.
>>
>>82569975
He said the movie was awful to film in and the makeup was horrible to do. He was really uncomfortable and unhappy.
>>
>>82569975
He would spend the better part of a day in the makeup chair alone.
>>
>>82569975
He was Elrond, he's got his franchise money already.
>>
>>82569975
>>82570000
For the same reason he's not going to be in any more of Michael Bays Transformers movies.
Because he doesn't like the role he's being asked to play, and he's rich enough it doesn't matter to him.
>>
>>82570000
Hugo hates a LOT of his roles
he hated being megatron.
He wasn't fond of the LOTR

basically, he doesn't need the paycheck, so if he doesn't feel like it, he won't be in the movie.
>>
>>82569975
>as a nazi
>not for a starting movie
>a show labelled hydra as god worshippers that are on jihad since old england
>>
>>82570112
I wonder if he liked being the villain in 4/5 eras in Cloud Atlas.
That whole movie looked like it was a ton of fun to shoot.
>>
>>82570112
Sauce on him hating elrond
>>
>>82570112
Jesus, what DOES he like? I hope he isn't a real asshole, but rather just enjoys very little. I like that dude as an actor.

Sad to hear he was unhappy doing Skull. He was really well casted in my opinion, I loved him.
>>
>>82569915
They could literally slap that makeup on anyone. Fucking Bill Nye could play him. I doubt Hugo Weaving coming back has anything to do with it.
>>
>>82570263
Honestly, it seems to me that he's probably just burnt out on franchise films. I mean, he's got The Matrix films, all the goddamn LoTR/Hobbit stuff, then Transformers.
>>
>>82570263
Maybe he enjoyed voicing the penguin in Happy Feet.
>>
>>82570263
>>82570368

Also, Hugo Weaving is 56. He probably doesn't feel like spending hours in makeup and then doing a bunch of long, exhausting shoots anymore.
>>
>>82570039
Don't we give JenLaw shit for saying the exact same thing?
>>
>>82570442
Can't say I blame him, everything I hear about make-up work in big movies sounds like a total nightmare.
>>
>>82570263
He probably enjoys working on plenty of movies. Just probably not ones you care about because they aren't genre films.
>>
>>82569812
They should get a no-name that can ape his performance for a fifth the price. Not like his face was lending a lot to the role.
>>
>>82569812
>Where the fuck is he? Where did he go? Was he not teleported somewhere? Why hasn't be resurfaced? He isn't actually dead, right?

Oh he's dead, but the Tessaract didn't kill him. It teleported him somewhere 70 years ago. Nigga was pushing at least 40 something in TFA. He died of old age, in some Kree old folks home or some shit.

A lot of people don't realize the amount of time that has passe din universe since TFA for some reason.
>>
>>82570471
I guess people prefer no red skull to weaving playing him but not doing any makeup, as I'm sure most people that complain about jlaw would rather have no mystique than her just like normal all the time
>>
>>82570471

I don't. It's not like she signed a six movie contract she's trying to break out of or anything. If she wants to stop being in the X-Men movies, that's her call.

Hell, of everyone they could lose, she's kinda the MOST expendable, since the very nature of Mystique means you could recast her with the most halfhearted of handwaves.
>>
>>82570596
>It's not like she signed a six movie contract she's trying to break out of or anything.

Sarcasm?
>>
>>82569812
He's a dude in a mask with a thick accent. Anyone could be the new actor for him. The bigger problem would be - what kind of storytelling would benefit from involving him again?

See, he's a super soldier in all respects. He's flawed with his arrogance and narrow vision. Cap actually shares that second limit as well, which is a direct tie between the two with their characters. But the main thing we come back to is that yeah, he's a Cap foe through and through.

If Skull was to emerge from his extra-dimensional exile (probably with a mangled or robot hand), and if Skull had faced his failures and recognized what he needed to do to overcome his limits, and if Skull also obtained resources to build with, especially otherworldly in nature...

In a comic he'd be a fun and seriously taken main villain, even for a whole team. In a movie though? I kind of don't see it happening. I'd love to see him with a triumphant return, but I get the feeling that if he were to return at all it would be as a lackey to some other larger threat that he's just aching to spring treachery on.
>>
>>82570647

Her contract's up after Apocalypse
>>
You know, we're rapidly reaching the point where the makeup excuse just doesn't hold up anymore. If they can make RDJ look like a teenager or shave thirty years off the leather sack Michael Douglas calls a face, I don't get why they can't just do all of Mystique or Red Skull's face in post.

Hell, look at Hulk. He's entirely performance capture.
>>
>>82570751

THANK. GOD.
>>
>>82570795
>relying on CGI for that

Ew.
>>
>>82570795
This is honestly a good point. I would argue for using techniques like that in the event that the actor is actually really uncomfortable and unhappy with the facial stuff.

I mean christ, Jim Carrey almost quit The Grinch because of how horrible the makeup and eye contacts were on his eyes. Supposedly hurt really fucking bad.
>>
>>82569975
Not everyone has a price, slut
>>
>>82570795
Because we're not yet at the point where 5 buckets of red powder and some molded rubber is more expensive than a dude that's good with photoshop.
>>
I can see them eventually bringing all the not completely obviously dead villains back under Thanos. Even the dead ones considering how the gauntlet works... Abomination, Iron Monger and Whiplash, Ronan, the Destroyer, Red Skull, that one Elf guy, the fire nerd from Ironman 3. Why not?
>>
If they were going to bring him back, I think they should have done it for Civil War or Winter Soldier. Now that Hydra's all but finished, he'd feel like an afterthought.
>>
>>82571196
>hydra
>finished

you don't get how it works, do you?
>>
>>82570567
and you know this how?
>>
>>82571254
all other parts have been eradicated by SHIELD/ATCU
>>
>>82570471
Kind of, but she's still in those movies despite bitching about the makeup. Hugo did his film and bailed after, he didn't stick around and traipse through multiple films without makeup. Pretty sure that nets him some goodwill that Jlaw doesn't get.

Also, he actually put some effort into playing his character, instead of recycling another role.
>>
>>82570471
I personally just don't like JLaw's Mystique, since she just seems so mundane, and it seems like with every movie they put more an more focus on her and it's kinda lame.
>>
>>82571254
Bless you. I was thinking the whole concept of him returning as a washed-up idea, and then you restore sanity to the notion of what Hyrda is all about. It's like, Hydra 3.0 has its core formed and is awaiting the next step of the Grand Plan as version 2.0 is behind the scenes orchestrating the nearly visible version 1.0 as it approaches the time of Sacrifice for the Great Gain to be had.

And it continues, on and on. Hail Hydra, and Hail Red Skull!
>>
>>82571368
All the ones they know about.
>>
>>82570795
The big problem is that CGI dates itself really fast. There's a reason so many movies get lauded for their use of practical effects, it's because in five or so years a heavy-CGI movie tends to look like crap.
>>
File: 1462420403170.gif (755 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1462420403170.gif
755 KB, 640x360
>>82570471
No, we give JLaw shit for making them make the makeup shittier because she doesn't like it.

Seriously, AoA Mystique looks retarded
>>
>>82570471
Yes. But she keeps coming back and shitting up our x-men movies.
Hugo didn't ask for less makeup to come back- he had the grace to simply leave the role.
>>
>>82571437
>it's because in five or so years a heavy-CGI movie tends to look like crap.
That's the sort of thing that neckbeards and "cinephiles" tend to pay attention to. No one making a movie is going to bother about what it's going to look like in 5 years, they're too busy making stuff 5 years ago look like crap, by continuing to push the technology forward.
>>
>>82571297
Being able to infer things from observation and what knowledge we do have?
>>
>>82571531
how do you know he didn't get teleported to Thanos?
>>
>>82571633
I never said I know where he ended up, just that 70 years has passed, and he was probably pushing 40 at the time. SSS doesn't make you immortal right? So he died of old age if nothing out in the cosmos killed him first.
>>
File: 1402377193496.jpg (17 KB, 170x236) Image search: [Google]
1402377193496.jpg
17 KB, 170x236
>>82571016
>the thanos movie will never have a scene of the avengers fighting a team of all revived villains
>>
File: 1457323790989.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457323790989.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>82571016
>that one Elf guy

I was JUST telling my wife today that Malekith wins the "Most Forgettable Marvel Villain Award" today.

>the fire nerd from Ironman 3
Anon, that's The Mandarin.
>>
>>82571673
yfw he's on ice in the collectors trophy room.
yfw he's just chilling with Howard the Duck
>>
>>82569915
They CAN compel him, he is still under contract.
>>
>>82571844
>Buddy cop Netflix Series of Red Skull and Howard the Duck
>>
>>82571871
Or they'd just settle out of court. That's how these things usually work, if they call on you to fulfill your contract and you decline, you just pay them a penalty and they find someone else. Which I'm sure he could afford at this point.
>>
>>82571881
>One's a Nazi
>The others a Duck!
>They're...
>The Duckschwitz Two!
>>
They'll likely recast him if he does return.

I was partially expecting them to reveal Pearce (or later, Zemo) was actually Skull in a new host body since he likes to do that a lot. But at this point we're unlikely to see him come back until after IW
>>
>>82571926
>The Duckschwitz Two!
>not The Duckschwitz Duo!

Alliteration is always better.
>>
>>82572045
Dammit, you're right. I was panicked and couldn't think of any good Duck/Nazi puns.
>>
If they were to bring back the Red Skull, couldn't they also use a different actor like they did with Bruce and Rhodes?
>>
>>82572045
>Quachtung!

I'm sorry.
>>
>>82571844
>>82571881
>>82571926
>>82572045
>>82572060
>>82572138
I now want some drawfag to make this
>>
>>82571496
At this point you honestly have to get upset at the production side, not the actress. She made her demands, and the company folded because they decided she was worth it. If they decided the makeup was more worth it, they would have found someone else, because as someone else in this thread suggested, Mystique is one of the easiest roles to recast.

Go ahead and hate on Jlaw for her acting if you are so inclined. But don't hate on her for standing her ground and the production buckling.
>>
>>82570368
>>82570442

This and that. Man's got enough working on franchises. He has the right to choose what roles he let's down.
It's a pitty,nonetheless,'cause Mr.Weaving's a fantastic actor and him as Red Skull was the greatest superhero movie cast decision since, I dunno, Ron Pearlman as Hellboy?
If need arises,Disney will just recast the character and come with some excuse for the change of face.
>>
>>82570986
Yer mum does
>its cheap
>>
>>82570986
The Price is Wrong, bitch!
>>
>>82570039
Son of Red Skull, end of problem.

I'm cool with Hugo not wanting to come back, but that doesn't mean a character that has actual progeny in the comics can't have new actors take the role in the movies.
>>
>>82570986
You mean whore. Whores have a price. Sluts do it for free.
>>
>>82571704
>>82571016
This is honestly the best idea I've heard in a good while. I'd fucking kill to have Stane and Skull back.
>>
>>82569812
He'll be back. He'll be the threat that brings the team back together.
>>
>>82573553
>Modern day Hydra's faces when they see this glorious motherfucker return.

Oh holy shit, I'd love to see it.
>>
>>82570471
>we
>>
File: MovieAbomination.jpg (20 KB, 412x241) Image search: [Google]
MovieAbomination.jpg
20 KB, 412x241
is he ever going to come back? I thought that the underwater prison in CW would have been his Easter egg appearance. A prison in the middle of an ocean sounds like a better place to hold a Hulk monster than a frozen waste land
>>
>>82569812
Marvel only plans shit out to an extent.

They intentionally left him returning a possibility, but with Hugo Weaving not wanting to come back and subsequent Cap films focusing on Bucky, they probably figure he's not worth the trouble.

Its still possible they'll do something with him, but if they did he'd probably be recast
>>
>>82571016
Mickey Rourke said he'll never work with Marvel again, same with Weaving (although the prosthetics make for an easy recast).

The rest I could see, apparently the Abomination was almost in AoU
>>
>>82569812
Either eaten, killed or raped by Frost Giants.
>>
>>82573865
What? Why is Mickey so against it?
>>
He should have been Robert Redford's character in Winter Soldier. In fact, I would have been into Redford recast as the Red Skull.
>>
File: 1442325267763.jpg (49 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1442325267763.jpg
49 KB, 800x500
>>82573681
Missed opportunity now that I think of it.
>>
>>82569975
He's been in no less than FOUR $1 billion franchises, he's not exactly short on work.
>>
>>82570471

Shes still in the movies while Hugo isn't. Huge difference
>>
>>82569975
the first avenger was meh at best.

Captain didn't become MCUs golden boy until the winter soldier.
>>
>>82573908

He hates the executive meddling. And before you start keep in mind he was in Iron Man 2
>>
File: Red Onslaught.jpg (511 KB, 600x935) Image search: [Google]
Red Onslaught.jpg
511 KB, 600x935
>>82569812
>See Infinity Gauntlet Story line through
>Thanos finally has all the gems and prepares to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet
>Fuckin; Avengers out nowhere, Fight Time Baby
>Knock him away from the Gauntlet and thus begins the most epic smackdown of all smackdowns
>Avengers finally manage to defeat him and the day is saved
>Cap goes to reach for the Gauntlet
>A gloved hand beats him to the prize
>Camera pans up
>"Surprise Motherfucker! Johann Schmidt all up in this bitch!"
>End Infinity War Part I
>To Be Continued in Infinity War Part II: World War Hate
I have no idea if they would even consider doing that, but it would be a pretty rad cliffhanger. A nice bait and switch if you will.
>>
>>82570263
he probably enjoys acting and alot of big hollywood movies have a ton of bullshit attached to them so he's sick of it at this point. dude should go back to theatre
>>
>>82569975
Weaving has been part of LOTR, Transformers, and The Matrix trilogy. He's got enough cash that he doesn't need to spend his time in an uncomfortable costume acting in a property he doesn't care about.
>>
File: 1460091104107.gif (969 KB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1460091104107.gif
969 KB, 190x200
>>82570960
>yfw Carrey had to train with the CIA to withstand torture just so he could survive filming in the mountains of makeup he had on during the Grinch
>>
>>82575746
Would jewy wood do this?
>>
>>82571673

70 Earth years may not and probably will not equal 70 years where ever the hell he ended up. Then there's also the serum.
>>
>>82570148
Hugo Weaving heavily loved Cloud Atlas

http://collider.com/hugo-weaving-cloud-atlas-interview/

He read the book way before the film came out.

Way I see it, Hugo Weaving strikes me as one of those arthouse guys who''ll do a popular culture movie if it gives him a good paycheck.
>>
>>82571804
I thought nerd guy Mandaring was the most forgettable villain.
I actually remember what Malekiths face look like, but that guy?
>>
>>82577703
and because of it we got the greatest christmas movie of all time
>>
>>82578433
>not Kiss Saves Christmas
>>
>>82570471
Hugo is fucking old.
>>
>>82569915
He can wear a CGI suit.
>>
>>82570567
>TFA
The Force Awakens? This is Marvel, not Star Wars.
>>
I kinda just want them to recast Red Skull desu. Would anyone really mind?
>>
>>82578835
The First Avenger. It's confusing because they're both terrible.
>>
>>82569812

>Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Obergruppenführer
Johann Schmidt stepped into the Cosmic Cube accelerator and vanished... He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by his pure strength of will to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Adolf, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Johann can see and hear. And so Obergruppenführer Schmidt finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that tomorrow belongs to him…
>>
>>82569812
Huge didn't like the make up

They could easily work around it though I guess (cgi/ he wears a "normal face" mask)

It's too bad because he was great and Red Skull is great
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.