[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so. how long you think it's gonna last? I mean Marvel is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: mahvel.jpg (347 KB, 2444x1485) Image search: [Google]
mahvel.jpg
347 KB, 2444x1485
so. how long you think it's gonna last?

I mean Marvel is probably making plans for MCU movies up to 2025 or so. But do you think it's gonna last that long? Not just the MCU but the superhero movie genre in general.

Are people already getting burned out? Is Warner Bros hilariously late to the party? Was the first Avengers the peak of the superhero genre in terms of popularity and box office?

itt we discuss superhero movies, past present and future
>>
People will be tired of super hero movies about the same time that they're tired of action movies.
Which will be in about never.
>>
>>82568462

that's like saying people will never get tired of teen paranormal romance movies or star wars movies. it's bullshit, they will and you know it
>>
>>82568541
If every movie was a rehash of batman or iron man films in structure then you'd have a leg to stand on.

Winter Soldier, ANTS, and guardians were all great films with the subgenre of superheroics because the directors don't want to make the same movie 20 times and call it a wrap.
>>
Peopel who say the bubble will burst do not realize that there are plenty of people who only go the theater to watch tent pole blockbusters. What would they flock to instead? Nothing. It's ten bucks to chill with your buddies and watch your hero beat some dude up. They've made over twenty James Bond movies. So long as you evolve at the times, the movies won't die off.
>>
>>82569338

>They've made over twenty James Bond movies.

24. 25 if you count that Sean Connery Thunderball remake
>>
>>82569338
We saw the "bubble" burst for action hero war movies in the mid 2000s or so
I can see capes doing the same, at least toning it down to the rate of cape movies before MCU started churning and all the copy cats started to copy
>>
>>82569671
Name an example of those sorts of films. Do you mean like Saving Private Ryan esque movies or like Ancient Greek war?
>>
>>82569779
Like Arnold Schwarzenegger and such used to make in droves.
We still get the occasional ones, but in far less numbers than before.
Same thing as westerns and creature horror
Genre's come and go in popularity all the time, it only takes a couple bad movies or public dis interest to kill the momentum.
>>
>>82568462
People said the exact same thing about westerns.
>>
>>82569920
Only retards said that.
Westerns are handicapped by the setting and the similar tones/tropes. Capes are so goddamn varied it's insane.
>>
>>82568292
Disney bought Marvel and Star Wars just so they could churn them out forever.
Owning the IP is VERY VERY important.

Warner would poop out Harry Potter sequels and remakes forever if they could, like MGM does with Bond.
>>
File: 1396205163615.gif (391 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1396205163615.gif
391 KB, 500x372
>>82569984
>Capes are so goddamn varied it's insane.
Cape's chief strength is kids and foreign market, not the stories or "variations."
>>
>>82568292
It will die when people start getting bored of the MCU. So around phase 7-9. Going ahead that sounds crasy imo but fuck, who knows.
>>
I think it and Superhero movies as a whole will die out in the 2020s. I don't know what the fuck they'll do after Infinity War since they've been building and foreshadowing that story since the start and many of the stars will be getting old and their contracts will be ending. I can't imagine them being continually successful after that. Since the reason for the huge amount of superhero movies is other studio's following Marvel's success I imagine when they start to fail they'll stop and look for something else, unless DC manages to pull their head out of their ass in order to make some half way decent movies and keep this shit going for a little longer but I don't see that happening honestly.
>>
>>82570172
You don't think that the Marvel movies are at all varied? So like, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are the same kind of movie as Iron Man 2? I had absolutely no idea.
>>
>>82570255
I honestly think Marvel is jumping the shark a little bit. I think it would be smarter to stay on Earth for a bit longer and cultivate more characters before really getting into the spacey Thanos stuff. It just feels too much like the end-game when everyone knows that this shit can and will go on and on and on and on and on.
>>
I love the immediate high after a great capefilm comes out where everyone discusses and gushes and then the very next day, people come out of the woodwork to try and shut it all down saying it's the end times.
>>
>>82570350
>>82570255
Yer forgetting actors cost more money each film, there is a cap to which studios will pay.
The usual strategy is a trilogy deal with unknowns (like the Chris's) and a reboot ~10 years later with new cast.

>>82570391
Capekino has reached the peak, it can only go down.
>>
>>82568292
I think my favorite part of this fucking image is how goddamn tiny Zola looks.
>>
>>82568292
>burned out
>Batman 89
>Superman 78
>X-men 2000
>Spider-man 2001

nope
>>
>>82569338
>>82569412
hell, in addition to 25 Bond movies, think of all the other not-Bond movies with the same theme/style/genre.

Superheroes are here to stay. Like action movies, they're romcoms for men.
>>
>>82570221
and by that time, we'll have a fully-established DCEU version III by then. And hopefully a Gen 13 movie with full noodz.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.