[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, we're all in agreement that he was the best villain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: baron-zemo-179756.jpg (54 KB, 655x370) Image search: [Google]
baron-zemo-179756.jpg
54 KB, 655x370
So, we're all in agreement that he was the best villain of the past five films, right?
>>
I just got finished watching it and no. The guy barely existed and was generic eastern European villain #3. And he wasn't actually that villainous to begin with.
>>
Did they finally fix his damn door?
>>
>>82559114
Pretty boring, and really relied on a team of geniuses and spies being, you know, fucking stupid as hell.
>>
>>82559114
Anyone got some zemo fanfictions
>>
He was pretty good. Ultron was cool in a rather awful movie.
>>
>>82559114
So how do you think they'll pull off Thunderbolts with this type of Zemo?
>>
>>82559114
>he was the best villain of the past five films

That's not exactly a huge accomplishment.
>>
>>82559185
You just don't understand they were blinded by fear and paranoia!!1
>>
>>82559114
>we're all in agreement that he was the best villain of the past five films
Being the king of Shit Mountain isn't something to be proud of.
>>
Yeah, I mean, I loved him. I thought they did a great job bringing what makes Zemo so good leading the Thunderbolts into the MCU.
>>
What other movie do I know that guy from
>>
Reminder that people were calling Killian the best villain of the MCU when Iron Man 3 was brand new.

Give it time and everyone will grow to either hate or forget him.
>>
>>82560122
Inglourious Basterds.
>>
He's alright. Better than they usually do with villains at least. His dead family motivation was kind of weak, but at least he survived and has room to develop more as a character later on.
>>
>>82560125
Heck just a few days ago people were unversally sucking Zemo's dick nonstop. /co/ just hates everything once it stops being cool liking it, there's no need or reason to care about what this board thinks about the movies
>>
>>82560139
Oh, that's right! Thanks again, Anon
>>
His motivation was about as stupid as all the other antagonists, so no.
>>
>>82560122
Inglourious Basterds? The Edukators? Good Bye Lenin? He mainly does euro cinema.

>>82560125
I thought he was a lot better and more effective than Killian desu. But I really did not enjoy Iron Man 3 at all.
>>
File: 1241242.png (1 MB, 858x643) Image search: [Google]
1241242.png
1 MB, 858x643
>>82560164
>his motivation was stupid

autist detected
>>
>>82560122
I recognized him from Rush
>>
>>82560164
>>82560148
>revenge for your family is a stupid, weak motivation
Should I go look up all the heroes and villains with dead parents, siblings, lovers, etc? Would I even have time to list them all? It's a tried and tested motivation.
>>
>>82560164
Care to explain how?
>>
>>82560045
They were blinded by their need for revenge and to justify their positions. Tony's position gets proven to be absolute shit in this movie, Cap's position gets shit on at the end of the movie when it turns out Cap's big bad that would've justified his position was bullshit.

Zemo had multiple plans and variables at play and played them at their historically weakest point.
>>
Zemo should have used his DNA to create a giant CGI monster (Fin Fang Foom) for Cap, Iron Man, and Bucky to fight in the final act so the whole movie didn't have to be about the internal conflict, because god forbid anyone want a movie entirely dedicated to that.
>>
>>82560164
It was the same motivation as T'Challa, the government making the Accords, the black mom at the beginning, Wanda in AoU, and Stark at the end. It was a good exploration of how far people are willing to go for vengeance.
>>
File: 2WyGlt9.gif (204 KB, 500x219) Image search: [Google]
2WyGlt9.gif
204 KB, 500x219
When it turned out he killed all the Soviet super-soldiers instead of activating them, he jumped a hundred levels in my book. I love it when a villain is after something other than destruction or world conquest, because a villain who can reach inside the hero's head and hurt them is so much more effective.
>>
>>82560213
There's nothing inherently wrong with having the desire for recompense in the name of dead loved ones as a primary motivation, but it all hinges on what their deaths mean in relation to the others characters and the wider story. I guess weak was a poor way to describe it, as Zemo really wasn't that bad now that I'm thinking about it. It was just more low key than what I was expecting.

I suppose Zemo in this context is the ultimate consequence resulting from the damage caused by the battles the Avengers have fought catching up to them. Zemo's arc also ties nicely with Black Panthers, with Zemo reflecting the end point of where the pursuit of vengeance leads allowing T'Challa to see this within himself and overcome it. Overall, I see it as just the beginning of Zemo's story, so it isn't all that bad
>>
>>82560045
The whole point was that he realized that the fear and registration would only weaken the team, and that Tony and Cap would still work together. He planned for that and kept the video as a trump card to put the nail in the Avenger's coffin.
>>
>>82560449
The whole movie revolves around that motivation and the toll it takes on various characters (or the lengths they will go to). Potentially beyond what's actually intended: the movie probably isn't aiming for enough depth or ambiguity to take Tony's motives at the start as insincere but personally I think that's quite an easy reading to make on the MCU canon.

I liked Zemo a lot. His motivation wasn't spectacular but it was workable and it was really essential that he had that motivation in the context of the movie. His methods also worked well to highlight the flaws in both Steve and Tony's opinions here.
>>
>>82560543
I didn't hate this Zemo like I thought I would, but I hope to see him grow a great deal as a character into something colorful. I did really like his scene with Black Panther on the mountain top though, that was a genuinely good moment for both of them. They both had genuine sympathy for each other, both of them seeing a dutiful son trying to do right by their father's memory in one another.
>>
I liked Yellow Jacket more, but Zemo was still great.
>>
I'm liking him more as time passes, because soon after the movie ended i was PISSED because "not muh zemo"
I realized i was being kind of an autist when my wife son called me out for it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.