[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underwhelmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: preachermahniqqa.jpg (243 KB, 350x525) Image search: [Google]
preachermahniqqa.jpg
243 KB, 350x525
About to start the last book and was wondering what people's thoughts on this series is? The first book started off exceptional and had everything I wanted while the rest of the series seemed to just be edgy to be edgy. I do like the series and characters, it's just nothing memorable to me.
>>
>>82555917
Watch out anon, Ennisfags will come and defend his edgelord.
>>
>>82555972
Don't know why everyone always thinks Ennis is edgy. All his stories are about is friendship and war.
>>
File: bringit.jpg (127 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
bringit.jpg
127 KB, 1024x690
>>82555972
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>82556013
I don't understand why Cassidy was in love with Tulip. Literally came out of nowhere.
>>
>>82556046
Remember the kind of girls Cassidy's been with before. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a stiffy the moment he saw that gun in his face.
>>
I wish the tv series would be willing to go a tiny bit into Ennis territory. Like Ennis with someone helping him stay on the path is great, instead we get ultra edgy comics and we will get a ultra pussified tv show.
>>
>>82556174
I'm hoping they'll test their boundaries a bit with violence in the first season, and then give us something more consistent from the second on.
>>
>>82556013
Read Ennis run on Punisher. and that shit with a character named Cannibal Fuckface.
>>
>>82556349
Not even. His The Darkness run is pretty juvenile as well. An arc dedicated to stopping Jackie from having sex.
>>
>>82556349
prison pit isn't really edgy nor is it written by garth ennis
>>
File: 1470871-fury__3_p01.jpg (189 KB, 337x600) Image search: [Google]
1470871-fury__3_p01.jpg
189 KB, 337x600
>>82556694
no, in a punisher comic there was a side character called fuckface, who was a huge slab of muscle and flesh. the anon you are replying too just added the cannibal part i think
>>
>>82556956
ah i see, haven't read those yet
>>
I love it all the way through,but some of that might be nostalgia because it was the first comic I really got into as a teen. I think there's enough sincerity and humour to keep it from being nothing but and edge fest
>>
>>82556956
It's Fury MAX. Fury is literally in your filename anon.
>>
>>82556016
"Not enough gun"
>>
>>82555917
Finish the book you moron. Ennis always hits hardest in the start and the end of his books
>>
Ennis is the original edgelord. Preacher didn't age well because of it.
>>
File: tvtropes.png (122 KB, 131x330) Image search: [Google]
tvtropes.png
122 KB, 131x330
>>82561393

Preacher ended with a hastily-drawn whimper, though.
>>
I feel somewhat similarly. I liked a lot of the first half, but it felt a bit padded in the middle, and then the ending conflict with Cassidy was just a plot I did not care for, nor the resolution of everything. There are a lot of great moments buried in there, and Ennis's signature brand of humor can be fun, but I can honestly say I'm not disappointed at all that the show seems to be only inspired by the comics rather than an adaptation.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.