[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
writefag thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
because why not, its been a while since the last one
lets try to keep it actually /co/ related as much as possible, so lets try to answer by self promoting youre shitty fanfic (not /co/ related stuff is also fine, but lets keep it at minimum)

Now some questions to get thing started. (you don't have to answer them all)
>What ya writing? describe your story or just give us a little resume
>Do you plan your plot or write it on the go?
>How much do you have?
>What is your daily/weekly/monthly quota?, are you there yet?
>Who is your MC? and describe him/her/it, both physically and mentally, tell us what you based on to create it
>Who is your main villain?
>What is the setting?
>Any other thing you are writing?
>>
Is it a good idea to upload ideas on Reddit?
>>
>>82554309
just like doing it on 4chan
someone can steal it and you will never know until its too late

but yeah, maybe they arent so bad, give it a try
>>
File: sponge.gif (464 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
sponge.gif
464 KB, 500x338
so i started writing and drawing stuff when i was 17 for an idea that i would like to turn into a cartoon

now im 19 and i think i finally got the last piece i needed to make every part of the story make sense, so now i only really have to conventrate on making concept art better

but i have another little problem, im not american, or canadian or french, my country has an animation studio but is famous for ruining good idead by being extremely lazy, i shit you not, they somehow always managed to get the license to things that are universally loved in my country, and sometimes they even have some help from cartoonist that i admire but they always end up making mediocre stuff

so i guess what i want to ask is, to what part of america should i move if i want to have a chance at selling my idea to a good company

i have my english certificated, so i guess all i have to do now is finish school or become an exchange student so i can move there

it will probably take me 3 or 4 years but that's ok i will use that time to get better at drawing
>>
Every 500 years the planets align and a champion is chosen. The 500 years the champion is an astrophysicist from Earth. Utilizing powers from the 8 planets of the solar system, The Interplanetary Man protects his home planet from cosmic thrests from beyond the galaxy.
>>
File: mmhm.gif (842 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
mmhm.gif
842 KB, 500x540
i want to write my own original fiction about a future, maybe a couple hundred years, where the first half is based around these humanoid aliens that are simple and primitive (by that time's standards) not mud huts, but maybe like what we were like in the 1940s or so.

i want to have a long going theme about some evil, some scourge of their planet that has been wiping them out, make it sound like some kind of oppressive government or monsterous aliens.

then, halfway through the book reveal that the monsters are actually real human beans in big scary mech suits.

I'm a firm believer that as soon as we get faster than light travel, we will be a menace to the universe, going around, harvesting entire planets, enslaving and genociding less advanced races, and that is a theme that isn't seen often enough, in every alien movie the monsters are the aliens, not the human
>inb4 MUH AVATAR!

yeah, it would kind of be like avatar, but the humans aren't trying to negotiate at all, we are just slaughtering them. Why waste time trying to trade and be nice to the alien niggers when we can just kill them all and take whatever they have for free?
>>
File: Test_couleur1_8.jpg (2 MB, 4959x3506) Image search: [Google]
Test_couleur1_8.jpg
2 MB, 4959x3506
>>82554229
Finally. I thought this kind of threads would be dead forever.
>http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv

>What ya writing? describe your story or just give us a little resume
The way back home ("On rentre!" in French). A cartoon about sibling children that get abducted by aliens to another planet. After escaping from an alien Zoo they must cross the Galaxy to find the way back to Earth. No translators, no maps, no direction, no knowledge. Adventure in the purest sense of the word.
>Do you plan your plot or write it on the go?
My goal is to get author rights by Summer so I write as often as I can in order to have finished soon.
>How much do you have?
3 Scripts, 21 synopsis, character sheets, a dozen colorized drawings, a query letter, a pitch and lots of sketches. All of which I have translated into English can be read in the pastebin above.
>What is your daily/weekly/monthly quota?, are you there yet?
One or two pages per week at best.
>Who is your MC? and describe him/her/it, both physically and mentally, tell us what you based on to create it
I wrote Jules on the idea that his qualities are how I used to see myself as a child and his defaults how others used to see me. For Julie apply the same formula to my sister.
>Who is your main villain?
I have none for the moment.
>What is the setting?
A village in the French Souuthwest for the first episode and Space after that.
>Any other thing you are writing?
A movie script
>>
File: mania_sad.png (222 KB, 440x404) Image search: [Google]
mania_sad.png
222 KB, 440x404
>>What ya writing? describe your story or just give us a little resume
It's a Marvel comic script I titled Tangled Web of Venom
>>Do you plan your plot or write it on the go?
A little of both, I have scrap paper that are my brain storms which I work at while I'm are work, then when I go home to start writting the panels I work them in or change them around
>>How much do you have?
Two comics (100+ panels each) worth
>>What is your daily/weekly/monthly quota?, are you there yet?
I've fallen so far behind that I think my Symbiote threads on Sunday are suffering because of it
>>Who is your MC? and describe him/her/it, both physically and mentally, tell us what you based on to create it
It switches from arc to arc, but right now it's Andi / Mania, and next up is Eddie / Toxin
>>Who is your main villain?
Mephestio
>>What is the setting?
Philadelphia right now, soon to jump to nyc
>>Any other thing you are writing?
A few things, a story based off my last DnD run, a story about a brother and sister getting introduced to the Super nature aspects of life, and a crossover fan fic between Tenchi Muyo and Monster Masume.
>>
>>82558727
I am very pleased to see you I this thread and I really hope you get this made in the way you want because it sounds amazing.
>>
>>82555971
california

>>82557073
more pls

>>82558397
>i want to write my own original fiction
whats stopping you m8y?
sounds neato as fuck

>>82558727
>frenchfag blessed my thread
im honored, keep up the good work pal, i believe in you

>>82559285
>I've fallen so far behind that I think my Symbiote threads on Sunday are suffering because of it
why jerm? whats the problem my man?
maybe we can help
>>
>>82559876
Lack of motivation and outside distractions, Dark Souls 3 got me back into Video Games. It's just when I sit down to write, the moment the pen hits the paper I lose all motivation
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.