[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys recommend me some Graphic novels and comics",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1457702451274.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457702451274.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Can you guys recommend me some Graphic novels and comics", preferably horror related thanks.
Examples and what i already have; Sandman, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Sin City etc...
*Side note i mostly collect Batman comics since other "superhero" stuff doesn't really interest me, i do have Punisher, wolverine, watchmen..
"i guess you can guess my range and interests regarding subject matter an thematics now" also if we're talking Manga's as well i already have most of Junji Ito's major work
>hurr this isn't the right board for this...
>>
File: Horror.jpg (2 MB, 2612x2392) Image search: [Google]
Horror.jpg
2 MB, 2612x2392
>>
>>82552720
Thx's i've read that 30 days has allot of flaws tho, i have already seen the movie as well so might skip on a few of these listed here
>>
>>82552627
bump
>>
There's Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham which just had a trade released recently, it's by the Hellboy guy and it's basically Batman: Lovecraft Edition if you're interested in that, definitely read it. Great story.

The Wake by Snyder starts off with a deep sea horror feel in the first half, and though it goes a bit off the rails in the second half still pretty decent. He also has an ongoing series Wytches which has its first arc finished and is supposed to start up again sometime this year, it's alright.

New 52 Animal Man delves into horror a bit, great run in general regardless.

That's about all of the newer stuff I can think of that's recommended. You can look at the recent Vertigo stuff too since a lot of it's horror lately, but the quality just isn't there in most of them to be honest.
>>
>>82553214
Thxs def will check them out...
Yea dark horse and vertigo release horror related stuff but the quality isn't always their, i guess it's kind of a pestering genre to pull of in a let's say more sophisticated manner.
>>
Beasts of Burden

Intelligent animals investigating paranormal events, the occult. It may not so much be scary, but more disturbing.

Example: A flock of sheep died in a fire, and their ghosts are still hanging around. The animals talk to the ghosts, who look like normal regular sheep. It's only once they solve the mystery that they're dead that the sheep can move on. Everyone is happy, but one of the animal members looks freaked the fuck out.That's because he saw their ghosts differently. He was seeing hem as charred, mutilated corpses.
>>
>>82553533
Right... some panels of that were posted on /x/ awhile ago
>>
>>82552627
> Graphic novels and comics
It's the same thing
>>
>>82552720
>Bernie Wrightson's Frankentein
Literally not a comic, it is just the novel with a few full page illustrations by Wrightson.
>>
File: BPRD Grunts.jpg (320 KB, 1189x734) Image search: [Google]
BPRD Grunts.jpg
320 KB, 1189x734
Hellboy and BPRD

I personally like BPRD better because their situation becomes more and more hopless as time goes on, and I enjoy nihilism in my stories

your welcome
>>
You should try Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing
>>
File: providenceact1hc.jpg (502 KB, 1261x1950) Image search: [Google]
providenceact1hc.jpg
502 KB, 1261x1950
>>82553768
Speaking of
>>
>>82553672
Yea yea me t thxs
>>
>>82553768
Sure anything alan moore is welcome in my book
>>
File: Jonah Hex - Two Gun Mojo.jpg (536 KB, 1024x1533) Image search: [Google]
Jonah Hex - Two Gun Mojo.jpg
536 KB, 1024x1533
Jonah Hex: Shadows West
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.