[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>since when is Black Panther bulletproof?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 13
>since when is Black Panther bulletproof?
>>
>>82548513
I guess people just don't understand the concept of Vibranium.
Not like the MCU actually bothers explaining it anyway.
>>
>>82548543

How is a skintight vibranium suit possible? Is it chain mail?
>>
>>82548566
>How is a skintight vibranium suit possible?
Speed Force.
>>
>>82548566
There is a dude walking around with vibranium skin you know.
>>
>>82548566
I dunno, vibranium filaments woven into a fabric?
>>
File: 941977-blackpantherbullet_proof.jpg (104 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
941977-blackpantherbullet_proof.jpg
104 KB, 523x800
Since Priest's run
>>
>>82548566

Yeah, a mesh or mail would work.
>>
>>82548513
MCU Black Panther wears a Vibranium weave suit.
>>
>>82548715
Black Panther's only weakness: shackles.
>>
File: avengers thomas.jpg (53 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
avengers thomas.jpg
53 KB, 640x266
>>82548513
wasnt he bulletproof in EMH too?
>>
>>82548655
How do you even cut vibranium?
How do you melt it?
"THAT THING DOES NOT OBEY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS!"
>>
>>82549930
With lasers.
>>
>>82548566

It's the simultaneously the strongest and most versatile metal on Earth.

Ultron mentioned this with his frisbee comment, while building Vision, who's entire body and cell is made of vibranium.

Plus, it just makes sense that T'Challa's people would know how to manipulate it better than anyone else since:

A) Wakanda is the source of it, and

B) Wakanda is the most technologically advanced country on Earth by a large margin.
>>
>>82550434
>a country in Africa is technologically advanced

Who the fuck is writing this Bullshit?
>>
>>82550483
Jack Kirby, I think.
>>
>>82550031
It reflects all energy though
>>
>>82550507
>jew who got cucked by Stan Lee
>>
>>82549930

Vibranium isn't indestructible so it can be used like iron. Vibranium alloy is the one you can't do anything to like Howard Stark's shield.
>>
>>82550483

Man I do wish people would read comics sometimes
>>
>>82550741
Why would I ever read a black Panther comic? Also shit like this ruins my suspension of disbelief
>>
>>82550776
Lmao 0/10
>>
File: Vibranium.png (1 MB, 847x815) Image search: [Google]
Vibranium.png
1 MB, 847x815
>>
>>82548513
His father sure as hell wasn't.
>>
>>82550619
Everyone got cucked by Stan. Even you and j.
>>
>>82550907
Still 0/10
>>
>>82550907
I do. McGregor's Jungle Action run with T'Challa is a great comic. Possibly one of the best of its decade.
>>
>>82550907
They took all the intelligent Africans and put them in Wakanda. Then Wakanda built a wall to keep out the starving Africans with IQ 70.
>>
>>82550907
>>
>>82550976
Based Wakanda
>>
>>82550434
>Vision, who's entire body and cell is made of vibranium.
NO, pay attention.
His cells are coated in Vibranium, the machine recreates human tissues they just added vibranium to coat the cells
>>
Is it just me, or does it seem Marvel's actors are a lot less depressing than DC's actors? Is it because the overall ton of the movies and the actors try to keep up this dark persona?
>>
>>82550907
You tried my man.

But I enjoy the hell out BP. Very nice concept.
>>
>>82551081
That's because Synder is a hack. He's trying to out Nolan, Nolan.
>>
>>82550434
It's sorta like in real life how certain empires were able to create technologies that are lost to us today. Like Damascus steel and shit.
>>
>>82551081
I was thinking the same thing. Watching a video with Bucky and Falcon and they seemed overall happy and very energetic. Then watching taht Batman and Superman interview with Ben Affleck about to kill himself just depresses me to all hell.
>>
>>82550976
That's smart, you see.
>>
>>82550976
Truly, wakanda is redpill
>>
>>82551132
We have Damascus steel. It's just steel with carbon nanotubuals
>>
>>82551179
But don't you know that's racist! How dare they not allow poor people from other countries come and live off their success?
>>
So this movie has really gotten me interested in the character. What are some good runs or trades I should look at for Black Panther?
>>
>>82548513
>so who was the black guy supposed to be?
>I don't know. Cat Man?
>oh, I thought it was like, Iron Cat
>nah, that sounds stupid
>>
File: bvssquad.jpg (82 KB, 750x561) Image search: [Google]
bvssquad.jpg
82 KB, 750x561
>>82551081
It's Snyder. The BvS cast look goddamn envious of the Squad cast.
>>
>>82549930
You don't. They use vibranium molders to shape it and that works on a quantum level.
>>
>>82551315
This looks like the cover photo of some shitty TBS sitcom about college students. Like a smart all around brilliant college merges with a college that is "party hard"
>>
>>82551267
Christopher Priest's run has recently been collected in trades.

I don't know if there's a trade or omnibus or anything of Don McGregor's Jungle Action.
>>
>>82551315
Why is Afleck always sad?
>>
>>82550483
A european in the 1300s.
>>
>>82551315
Is Sad Affleck just reality and not a meme? Did BvS really ruin him that badly?
>>
>>82552177
BvS, his divorce, and a successful live action Daredevil have all aligned to form a perfect storm of sadness.
>>
>>82552174
>we wuz kangs
Are you literally trying to pretend Sub-Saharan Africa was ever advanced?
>>
>>82551315
What's wrong with the color in this picture?
>>
>>82548513

Vibranium bullets would work, right?
>>
>>82552177
SadAffleck is the DC's Laughing Chris
>>
>>82550955
The very act of replying shows that it was enough to bother you.

You can't have it both ways, cupcake.
>>
>>82553259
It sounds like you got bothered by the score to respond.
>>
>>82550434
>>B) Wakanda is the most technologically advanced country on Earth by a large margin.
Didn't they cure cancer and just choose not to tell anyone?
>>
>>82550483
Comics

Are

Weird
>>
>Being so racist that all you can do is spout memes about how a superhero isn't your version of realistic
>>
File: aFu1Y81.jpg (442 KB, 1500x1422) Image search: [Google]
aFu1Y81.jpg
442 KB, 1500x1422
>>82548566
>>
>>82553534
I don't know why people keep thinking cancer is curable without using intelligent nanomachines or some shit. Do people not know what cancer is? It would be far easier to cure HIV/AIDS.
>>
>>82552314
>Are you literally trying to pretend Sub-Saharan Africa was ever advanced?
Are you literally trying to have this conversation here?
>>
>>82553419
LOL there's literally a giant green monster in this universe.
>>
>>82554015
>intelligent nanomachines
Or piss passed through a vibranium mesh
Because vibranium
>>
>>82550483
it's fiction, chill. or does even the idea of a successful black civilization trigger you this badly?
>>
>>82551267
Avoid anything by Hudlin
>>
>>82551315
Why is Affleck looking at my soul?
>>
>>82554498
well it only makes sense because of the vibranium. otherwise yeah there's nothing there to foster a civilization, and lots there to retard it. tldr it aint black people's fault they never had a civilization, it's africa's. white people born there would have been just as primitive, plus sunburn
>>
>>82550483
Real shit. Made the whole thing lose some feeling of "It could happen in some parallel universe"
>>
>>82550483
It used to be that T'challa was the one who single handedly modernized Wakanda by his own intellect and skill. Now we're supposed to believe that this hyper advanced, almost alien, nation that has the cure for cancer (and won't share it by the way) still uses a fucking tribal duel of strength to decide who rules it.
>>
>>82550706

But we clearly saw Cap's shield damaged by Panther's claws in the movie.
>>
>>82556505
Panther's claws are vibranium alloy.
>>
>>82556505
which were also vibranium if I'm not mistaken. I think it can damage itself
>>
>>82556472
>Now we're supposed to believe that this hyper advanced, almost alien, nation that has the cure for cancer (and won't share it by the way) still uses a fucking tribal duel of strength to decide who rules it.

Well they're still keeping their inventions in terms of their own culture. Since spears were the primary survival tool there, it makes sense they'd perfect it to make it shoot lasers.

And the duel isn't really tribal. There's a whole contest of will and mental in the duel as well.
>>
>>82548513
Have they cast his father yet?
>>
>>82556505
The shield gets marked up like that in several movies. It's just the paint job.
>>
>>82556505
No, you only saw the paint job get scratched.

The shield isn't actually red white and blue naturally. It even had a 'stealth' paint job in TWS where he fought batroc on the boat.
>>
>>82556663
Died in the movie
>>
>>82556757
>I always found it weird how primitive the cultures of every black country is compared to nonblacks ones even the middle eastern people have more sophisticated cultures than BONGO DRUMS JUJU ZUMA.

Well Sub-Saharan Africa doesn't have a history of Europeans shitting on their culture and tearing it down. Double down with the confirmation bias you have against blacks and of course you think less of them.

Also what even is African American Culture by your standards?
>>
>>82556952
>>muh slavery
Oh don't start this. That's not an actual argument.

>Your culture was the same jungle nonsense you can find in Papua New Guinea long before we even knew you blacks even existed.

Then you know nothing on pre-colonial Sub-Saharan Africa.

>Black American culture is literal cancer it is a breeding ground for sociopathic moronic criminals.

African American culture isn't ghetto culture.

Anyway, why do you come here to debate htis? Must you shoehorn your political ideology everywhere? Can you not enjoy fiction without pulling your cesspool of beliefs into it?
>>
>>82556952
>>82556902
Take it to /pol/ you two
>>
The king of the land of vibranium has a lot of vibranium? No way!
>>
>>82556952
>Black American culture is literal cancer it is a breeding ground for sociopathic moronic criminals.
Bill O'Reilly pls go
>>
>>82556505
Wanna beat vibration? Well you better have vibranium of your own.
>>
>>82557188
>More like you know nothing because you think blacks werent doing their jungle shit before we enslaved them

Sub-Saharan Africa isn't a jungle. Hence Sub-Sahara. Also, there is many ethnicities in West Africa, to think every group of them were doing the same thing is moronic and only emphasizes your ignorance. Yes they were enslaving each other, who the fuck said they weren't? But they still had shit going for them outside the slave trade. the Empire of Ghana was great in it's prime and breeded many more after it fell.

>we whites we ditched our tribal cultures centuries ago.

Tribalism is something common within human history. Yea Africa had tribal cultures, but so did everyone outside of West Africa.

>Yes it is because the culture is made for ghetto backwards people in the first place, thats why the most popular form of african american music is rap music because it fits the mindset off the culture that promotes it jackass.

The ghetto breeded the individuals inside it. You put people in a piece of shit environment and make sure they don't succeed, that's what is going to happen. Rap wasn't always the sountrack to the average African American life. Notice how within different eras there were different genres of music. First it was blues, a symbolism of sadness over the conditions of the African slaves. Then came jazz and rock something upbeat that harmonized with the booming of African American culture in the 20's.

>Any black that tries to act decent in America is called a coon or an uncle tom you know fuck all about black americans.

The fact that, there are these labels means that not everyone in the black community is on the same page. Just as any other community. Like every other community of people in the world there is infighting between people who don't agree with one another.
>>
>>82554498
>All real black countries are shitholes of dispair and suffering
>Hollywood makes a black country (Which in reality, should be a shithole) a paradise

>Implying this isn't Liberal propaganda.
>>
>>82557520
>Hollywood created Wakanda
Why can't /pol/ stay on /tv/ where it belongs?
>>
>>82557608
>Blacks literally turn anywhere they exist into ghettos its amazing how fast they can destroy a civilized area once they grow in numbers, look at every majority black area in America nothing but crime, poverty, and chaos.

The irony of you saying that, and not realizing how the same was done to West Africa during imperialism, does not escape me. On top of that you seem to ignore that there were once successful black neighborhoods all booming pre-Reagan administration.

>You literally cant explain it blacks literally fuck up everything because they are black.

I literally just did. But I also literally understand that you're bias and not welling to accept truth from me, but instead wish to whore out your ideology just to vent. So I'll allow you to do so.

You say places like Africa are tribal shit holes, but you're looking at these places and ignoring their very blatant historical prejudices. Africa wasn't just "POOF NOW A SHIT HOLE" it turned like that after years and years of international malfeasance.

>Let's go into West Africa and take over all their economy and resources leaving the average African with little to no profit that way he and his family can only make a career in the military
>Since he's in the military he obviously won't need much education, because any dumbass with a gun can shoot
>Alright we're done here we'll put the countries back into your hand! GOOD LUCK!
>Oh you can't find anyone wiht proper education, to lead a nation. Too bad. Better put one of those dudes with military leadership in charge
>OH NO! All this military guy knows is war! It's shocking that he actually only leads his nation into more war!
>>
Why is only one of the /pol/ retards getting his shit deleted?
>>
>>82556283
1, They're a secretive hidden nation
2, This is a world where the literall Norse God of thunder is a bout doing shit. Where does your suspension of disbelief break?
>>
>>82548566
NANOMACHINES, SON.
>>
>>82556472
It's a tribal duel overseen by a god that actually exists. Do you really think any of them are stupid enough to try and stop doing a religious ceremony in front of their GOD?
>>
>>82548715
>>Barely let's out an "Ayo hol up.">>82548720
>>
>>82549930
Who pumps the batmobile tires with air, Anon?
>>
>>82558212
I don't even remember whom that is but I do know that he is an actual named character.
>>
>>82553534
The writer in question at that time was a dipshit by the name of Hudlin I think. He basically spent his run jerking off BP and Wakanda; it's rather maligned among fans for that reason. And like with a lot of shitty writers in comics, we try to pretend the events they created don't exist - see OMD and that whole Gwen fucking Osborn thing.
>>
>>82548655
bingo there are fibers with actual metals woven into the cloth
>>
>>82558479
once again THEY WERE TEST TUBE BABIES the rest was memory implants to fuck with peter
>>
>>82552314
Mansa Musa had so much fucking Gold he wrecked the economy for half the world island just by giving out freebies on his Hadj

Timbuktu at its height was the largest source of knowledge on earth.

Egypt was ruled for generations by subsaharan nubians.

In fact "white" nations have only really been dominate for the past 500 years or so.
>>
>>82553104
Sadfleck
>>
>>82556589
Laser Spears are everything retarded about Wakanda in two sentences
>>
>>82558472
>>82558212
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Allnut
>>
>>82559554
Nubians ruled for maybe a king or two. Then they got their asses handed to them, and their empire was wiped out, their mark on history erased.
>>
>>82556663
King T'Chaka died but he (or Erie Hudson) could be the uncle Syan
>>
speaking of vibranium, what the fuck will Cap do now?

Will Panther provide him with a new shield?
>>
>>82560098
>Then they got their asses handed to them, and their empire was wiped out, their mark on history erased.

That last comma should have been a semi-colon white boy.
>>
>>82560098
There have been Kings and Kingdoms in Africa throughout history, especially on the eastern and northern coasts. The Kingdoms of Ethiopia were wealthy from trade with the Arabian nations.

The Greeks even had mythological stories about heroic African Kings, like King Memnon of Ethiopia, who marched his army up the Nile River across northern Africa and through Turkey in order to join the Trojan War, where he was the greatest rival of Achilles in battle.
>>
How did caps punches even hurt him or for that matter hawkeye
>>
>>82561402
Punch shit for awhile and then get it back when the team reunites for IW. We're not slated to see Cap till then anyways.
>>
>>82561505
Cap is superhuman anon don't forget that.

I guess Hawkeyes punches weren't very effective?

I mostly remember him shooting arrows at Panther.
>>
>>82561606
aw shit really

damn I just really started liking Cap too.

know any good runs I should read to keep me busy, anon?
>>
File: 1456806812518.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456806812518.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>82548513
He is so cute I wanna eat his ass and swallow his cum
>>
>>82561505
Cap has a Vibranium (alloy) shield. Out of anyone else that's not wakandan he should be the one guy that knows how to mess with vibranium in a combat situation.
>>
>>82561505
Hawkeye was just grappling trying to slow him down.
Cap is a superhuman, his punches are concussive blows of superhuman. Vibranium is subject to surface area, hence how Cap is blown away with his shield when he tries to block explosions.

A concussive blow from someone as strong as Cap will hurt, through a thin layer of vibranium.
>>
>>82556505
Vibranium somehow damages itself.
>>
>>82561635
Brubaker's run is the most influential on the movies, so if you want something in a similar vein, that's a good place to start.
>>
>>82556505
There are two types of vibranium in the Marvel Universe. One is the vibranium found in Wakanda, the one that absorbs sound and kinetic energy and all of that. The unprocessed metal gives off a radiation that causes mutations in people and plants.

The other type of vibranium is found in the Savage Land, and is called anti-metal. Where standard vibranium absorbs, anti-metal destroys. It breaks bonds or some nonsense. Basically, it cuts through metal like hot steel through butter. That's what Panther's claws are made of.
>>
File: 1460683048285.jpg (164 KB, 581x501) Image search: [Google]
1460683048285.jpg
164 KB, 581x501
>>82559697
>laser spears
>two sentences
>>
>>82559697
this sg1 clip is the first thing i thought of. quite fitting, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8
>>
>>82557119
>>82558003
as a liberal, it is actually quite disgusting that one side is being censored.

it's coarse but since there's a discussion happening, imho both sides ought to be left intact.

obviously, i would disagree if the poster was just going 'NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS'

just my two cents.

/inb4 not reddit -as if reddit would be any better when it comes to boo boo nannying
>>
>>82565503
At no point was that ever alluded to. You're just making shit up about BP's claws.
>>
>>82569550
There isn't much that can get me to side with someone I disagree with quicker than seeing them censored. Nor is there anything that makes me as likely to read a post as seeing that big red (Dead).
Every post on the topic including these should be purged or none of them should be.
>>
>>82551200
The art of making it was lost until the early 80's, idiot.
>>
>>82570698
>today
>>
>>82569277
>arming native insurgents

Even in fucking space we cant stop doing that
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 632x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 632x560
>>82561659
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.