[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did your favorite cartoon jump the shark? Is there any cartoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: supersaiyan.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
supersaiyan.webm
3 MB, 720x480
When did your favorite cartoon jump the shark?
Is there any cartoon that never jumped the shark? (not counting cancelled shows)

webm unrelated
>>
When Frieza came back as a robot and a random bumblefuck earth scientist built cyborgs that were vastly more powerful than the most powerful being in the galaxy at the time in a cave with primitive earth technology.
>>
>>82548168
What the fuck is going on?

I even remember seeing this movie on TV once and I am still drawing a blank as to what the fuck is happening.
>>
File: ll.png (63 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ll.png
63 KB, 300x225
>>82548228
Yeah you're right, that makes no sense at all.
>>
>>82548265
In fairness while Dragonball should have ended with Frieza it didn't become truly irredeemable until after the Cell games finished.
>>
>>82548228
Whats worse is when Frieza caught up to goku/vegeta in terms of power after only training for a few months, when it took them years to get to that level.
>>
>>82548293
And then buu happened

And then GT happened but no one thought it to be canon so who cares

And the after so many years they decided they hadn't fucked enough milk out of its corpse and Super happened, with brand new god forms created in mspaint and a whole lot of other lame shit.

The dragonball universe is just like another shitty neverending comicbook setting now.
>>
>>82548318
Dude you're talking about stuff that was made literally two decades after Dragonball stopped being good. If you were still following it at that point that's on you.
>>
>>82548293
Buu was better than Cell.
>>
>>82548362
It was intended to end the original Dragonball series but it was too popular and the publishers forced the creator to make more. So then it was meant to end with Freeza but again it was too popular and he made more. Then it was Cell, then Buu. GT was him putting his foot down and not wanting to be tied to the series forever so other people who worked on it took over.
>>
File: Bright 3.jpg (167 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bright 3.jpg
167 KB, 1600x1200
>>82548388
Buu and everything else post Cell was abject trash. And even the Androids/Cell sagas were after the point where they should have stopped making Dragonball.
>>
File: Titlecard_S6E6_breezy.png (2 MB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard_S6E6_breezy.png
2 MB, 1152x648
>>
>>82548293
I wouldn't say irredeemable. More like pointless. I found parts of the Buu saga genuinely entertaining.
>>
File: 1349007886470.gif (413 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1349007886470.gif
413 KB, 500x282
>>82548486

I haven't watched AT since the Lich first got beat. Can someone explain to me why everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY on /co/ seems to hate this episode?
>>
>>82548318
Frieza's race is ultimately superior than saiyan monkeys, Freiza was just an idiot who didn't predict how far the power-gap expanded by the time he was gone.

Though Frezia should have at least been aware of how powerful the god of destruction was.
>>
>>82548293
Dragon Ball should have ended with Frieza. Androids was for a few episodes a cool throwback to the good old days, then Trunks and Ascended SSJ happened and it all went to shit.

At which point DBZ made its full transition into a stupid over the top shonen, which in those lights makes Buu not as bad. But GT and now Super are bad no matter which way you split it.
>>
>>82548168
Ash stop you aren't a pokemon pls you don't even fit in a ball that's ridiculous
>>
>>82548293
Cell arc was literally the perfect ending to the series. Buu is pointless but still has some entertaining bits.
>>
File: 1461444804780.jpg (105 KB, 859x755) Image search: [Google]
1461444804780.jpg
105 KB, 859x755
>>82548293
>>82548362
DBZ became fun again during the Buu saga. Before then it was all super serious. The original Dragonball series never had a tone that serious until the end with Demon King Piccolo. But the inclusion of Gotenks, Hercule, and overall wackiness of the rest of the cast really delivered some fun times.

DBSuper is still doing the same today, but powerlevel fags can't deal with all the uber powerups. That's not the point of Dragonball. You all should have realized that the powerlevel bullshit became moot once scouters became useless.
>>
File: Biocombat.jpg (26 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Biocombat.jpg
26 KB, 300x225
Can't pinpoint the exact moment, but the third season of this became pretty messy.
>>
>>82551635
Fin got raped by LSP. Also he was being a fuckboi.
>>
>>82551635
There's really no way to explain it without you seeing it for yourself, and it doesn't really make sense without seeing the shit that came before it
>>
>>82548168
>that was the last traditionally (as in hand on plastic cel animation) animated film ever made
>and it was the worst AG movie

should've been the lucario movie instead
>>
>>82548293
Androids > Buu > Cell

Super Buu sucked, and Gohan jobbing was lame, but otherwise it was a good arc.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.