[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: team tony vs team steve.png (1 MB, 1922x696) Image search: [Google]
team tony vs team steve.png
1 MB, 1922x696
What team were you on before the movie? What team were you on after?
>>
>>82548146
>the one with the black sidekick
>the one with the black sidekick

how about you, OP?
>>
>>82548146
Anybody's side that was kicking captain Americas ass

Why didn't he die like he deserved?
>>
>>82548178
>Before: The one with the friend, James
>After: The one with the friend, James
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 892x1266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 892x1266
>>82548146

Zemos side
>>
File: the death of maria stark.gif (1 MB, 322x136) Image search: [Google]
the death of maria stark.gif
1 MB, 322x136
"I’m glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single."

Apparently, you were nowhere near glad enough, Steve.
>>
>>82548146
team cap

team cap

cap was right all along

tony got played for a fool
>>
>>82548327
did howard and peggy ever fuck
>>
>>82548393
oh man

imagine if tony stark was howard and peggy's bastard child
>>
File: rivera iron man.jpg (81 KB, 473x640) Image search: [Google]
rivera iron man.jpg
81 KB, 473x640
>>82548146
Iron man
Iron man
>>
>>82548146

>"Some would say that (signing Lend-Lease) brought America closer to war."

Do you think America shouldn't have gotten involved in World War II, Cap?
>>
Team Spider-Man
>>
>>82548422
Now THAT would be a huge twist.
>>
>>82548146
Tony has cooler team
Cap has cooler ideology
Cap drinks Capri Sun coolers

Gotta go Cap
>>
>>82548492
holy shit, i didn't even know what they were talking about, and i consider myself fairly well-educated

that's some deep historical reference for a comic book movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
>>
>>82548492
Before Pearl Harbor public opinion was divided about America's role in the war.

Remember the creators of Cap faced some backslash when the comic came out.
>>
>>82548292
IS THIS DEADPOOL
>>
>>82548146
in the comics - team iron man
in the movie - team cap

there is a big difference in the situations present in the comics and movie. in the comics the heroes had to give up their secret identities etc
>>
>"What if they vote to send us to a place we don't want to go?"

Then you don't go. What's the UN going to do, write you a strongly worded letter? Sens Hans Brix to inspect yor living conditions?

Honestly the biggest reason they shouldn't have signed the thing is that the UN can't even pull its head out of it's collective asses long enough to stop genocides, much less deploy a team of heroes to stop a supervillain.
>>
>>82548146
What's with all these edge lords in here picking captain douchebag

Cap knew who killed his parents and when stark found out he tried to stop him for taking out his anger and tried to kill stark. Who does that

Supposed to be everything America stands for but constantly breaks the law all for a piece of shit friend, who in the end goes back to sleep anyway

Got numerous people killed to save 1 guy
He is a total dumbass
>>
>>82548664

The next part of the quote says exactly that
>>
>>82548146
Team Cap, then Team pls stop fighting! ;_;
>>
File: eturntold.jpg (213 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
eturntold.jpg
213 KB, 528x800
>>82548146

The fuck if I cared.
>>
File: So.png (2 MB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
So.png
2 MB, 988x1500
>Captain, people are afraid...
>Are they?

But still, Avengers mistake was to not engage immediately together with other governments, giving them the illusion to count for something.
>>
>>82548146
>Sharon Carter is seen in all the promotional images alongside the rest of team cap
>isn't actually in the hyped up air port battle

lol
>>
>>82548146
Cap, because Tony is an idiot if he thinks he can trust whatever agency the UN cobbles together to order them around.

Has he forgotten how he was dragged before a Senate subcommittee to surrender his Iron Man tech, and it turned out the guy in charge was working for Hydra? Imagine if Tony was complacent, and S.T.R.I.K.E. were outfitted with power armor. Cap wouldn't have been able to stop them in Winter Soldier and Hydra would have won.
>>
>>82548146
cap
cap
In both the comic and the movie cap was always right
>>
>>82548492
I really was hoping for this to happen
>Cap:Hey Tony were these pens really FDR's?
>Stark: Yes?
>Cap: Yeah I always thought he was a putz I'm not signing

But seriously fuck FDR
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 2041x1061) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 2041x1061
>>82548664
If they vote no and the world needs the avengers, every single world govt will demand the avengers get off their asses and do the UN bidding. I think the movie implied they would be drafted. Going against the will of the world in a military situation is treason. Not all countries have American rights such as giving Cap a lawyer. Tony was full time Iron Man so he had to have been pulled in too much and too soon by this initiative to be constantly in his suit, thus having to fight with his iron glove. I'm sure that's why we saw him choose his own life over his own heroics so he wouldn't have to stand up against the unilateral will of the world. Every day of his life would be taken away from him by mass overbearing hate, international demands, stress and threats for him to do the world's bidding. He can't laze around in his mansions anymore now that he's practically drafted.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.