[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /co/ RIGHT NOW that don't think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: silver.jpg (10 KB, 255x224) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
10 KB, 255x224
>there are people on /co/ RIGHT NOW that don't think that Treasure Planet was the best movie to come out of the Disney Renaissance
>>
Why did it fail again?

I saw it, I liked it.
>>
>>82536985
Someone post the screencap, you know which one.
>>
>>82537039
No no no no no
>>
>>82537004
Several reasons, but here's the big ones.
>Incredibly weak marketing campaign, especially after the brilliance of Lilo and Stitch's.
>Market saturation. Disney had already released like three other animated films to theatres that year, and five more DTV. Eisner had made it so Disney movies weren't events everyone had to see and instead were just cheap toddler fodder. It took Lasseter and Catmull ten years of careful positioning to break that taboo to the point that they're JUST NOW considering doing sequels again.
>Had the misfortune of coming off of Atlantis and Titan AE. Both of those bombed, and to the public TP looked like more of the same. See the failed marketing campaign above.
>Eisner actually pulled the film from box offices early to try and appease fickle stock holders and cement control over the animation studio, so it never got a chance to be a slow burning hit, The home video sales were actually very good, so who knows what would happen if the film had been given a fair shot?
>9/11 forcing last minute edits and nonsensical cuts.
>>
>>82536985
The thread had enough attention two days ago. Don't be greedy.
>>82476330
>>
>>82537039
Fuck, what did I name that? I know I have it. Give me a minute.
>>
File: treasurePlanetGuy.jpg (2 MB, 1873x4842) Image search: [Google]
treasurePlanetGuy.jpg
2 MB, 1873x4842
>>82537039
>>82537069
>>82537561
Oh. Cool, I named it something obvious.
>>
>>82537231
>threads have limits on when they can be posted
>>
>>82537606
Have as many Treasure Planet threads as you want. But at least try to be original. Come up with something else to say about it.
>>
>>82537647
I'm not even that OP lol
>>
>>82537207
> last minute edits and nonsensical cuts
Really? Did they censor a lot?
>>
It's good, but it's no Lion King.
>>
>>82538480
>Lion King is ebin meme
>mufasa died lyk if u cri errrytiem

back to 9gag
>>
>>82537577
Check'd and kek'd.
>>
File: 1462417533555.png (427 KB, 688x484) Image search: [Google]
1462417533555.png
427 KB, 688x484
>This is /co/'s idea of a meme thread

Fucking embarrassing
>>
I turned it off when the the shitty doctor got with the captain. Fuck it. Its Wreck it Ralph all over.
>>
I had a dream about Treasure Planet last night. In it there was a whole series of Treasure Planet movies, but their canon status wasn't clear because they all stared the kid and he died at the end of the first movie through a heroic self sacrifice.

I've never seen Treasure Planet so I have no idea why I dreamed all that.
>>
>>82539746
>not liking Jack McBrayer
>>
>>82538366
Dunno about Treasure Planet, but a lot of Lilo and Stitch was changed due to 9/11. Originally they were going to steal an airplane from an airport (Hence why the big red ship looks like an airplane) and were going to lead Gantu through the city around the airport, barely avoiding buildings n shit.
>>
>>82537577
>those laughing shoes
>>
>>82539832
>liking him
>>
>>82536985
that's because it was probably just about the worst movie Disney ever produced
>>
>>82536985
I actually saw it for the first time in my life the other day.

No, it's nowhere near the top. It's worse than Princess and the Frog if you want some sort of baseline. It's... it's a very very mediocre movie.

Unlike movies like Hercules which stand the test of time.
>>
>>82539746
>when the the shitty doctor got with the captain
The end if the movie?
>>
>>82541218
Oh fuck off you know what he meant. Their romance was hinted very early and was the cringiest part of the film.
>>
>>82539801
Then wtf could you possibly have dreamed about
>>
>>82541240
Talking to each and actually ending up together are totally different. A permavirgin sperg like you wouldn't know the difference, hehe
>>
>>82536985
The last third of the movie kills it for me. That goddamn robot was irritating as hell. But the relationships are full of feels.
>>
>>82541297
Even before that it was a really good but never spectacular movie, for me. But that final third just killed whatever enthusiasm I had for the movie.

The idea that people prefer this movie to something like Lilo & Stitch is honestly baffling, to me.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.