[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't tell if I'm getting superhero fatigue, or if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: super-hero-movies.jpg (536 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
super-hero-movies.jpg
536 KB, 1280x1600
I can't tell if I'm getting superhero fatigue, or if these movies are getting shittier, or if I'm just growing out of superhero movies...
>>
>>82536057
They're just getting shittier.

Iron Man 1, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Winter Soldier are good movies.

Everything is just okay to bad.
>>
Marvel movies are the best ones and they are the same story copied and pasted over and over with a different coat of paint every time.
>>
>>82536137
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>good movie
lol no. I shut that shut off as soon as it became a dance-off.
>>
I asked myself, would Civil War be good if Spider man wasn't in it? And my answer was no. It was horribly boring. I'm tired of these characters. It's essentially a kiddy cartoon show at this point. There's always a villain of the week character, no one ever gets injured or hurt (le but Rhodey!!) accept it, you know no one important will EVER die in the MCU.

It's starting to grow stale, and my hype for everything MArvel in the future is completely gone.
>>
>>82536305
this desu

I mean, at least DC movies had the balls to let characters die
>>
>>82536305
If any even remotely major comic book character dies, they come back to life. That's why writers try to avoid having to kill characters off in mainstream continuity.

There's more stories to be made out of living characters than dead ones.

Comic book readers largely know this, and most drama comes from character struggle or side characters dying.
>>
>>82536179
>I shut that shut off as soon as it became a dance-off.
...so, like, ten minutes away from the end?
>>
>>82536414
Which is baffling.
The range of stories you can tell by following the stale rules of traditional comics is severely more limited than just telling any story.

No death, no permanent change, the "good guys" always have run of the mill morals to appeal to the widest possible audience, so there can never really be ideological conflict.
The "bad guy" must always suffer or pay in an equal measure to what he's done, so even there, there is no reflection on fairness and punishment, you just copy and paste the industry-standard retributionism.
Family and friends are the center of the universe, and can be sacrificed only to save other people's family and friends.
Here, watch this dead wife, dead father and dead daughter, listen to the sad violin music, feel sad with us anon! Atomic Muscle Man has lost his doggy, will you cry for us?
Fuck that. Always the same ideals. Always the same tragedies. Always the same excuse of megalomania and insanity for villains. Always the same formula with the hero which "almost loses and then doesn't". Always the same 4 or 5 personality types for everyone.

i can't take this anymore.

In my life I've watched more than 10 movies all following the same standardized rules.
Fuck that.
This is not for me, it's for 12 year olds who are growing up now and have never known these stale stories before.
And the next movie will not be for them when they are 13, but it will be for ANOTHER generation of 12 year olds and so on.
>>
>>82536338
Like who? Who dis it have the balls to let die? And don't even think of saying Superman since we see at the end of the movie that he's not even fucking dead anymore. Literally didn't spend even a quarter of a movie being dead before letting audiences know that he's fine.
>>
>>82537288
>Dent died
>Bane died
>Talia died
>Zod died
>>
File: 1461686598524.jpg (162 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
1461686598524.jpg
162 KB, 1024x614
>>82536057
>Using an outdated picture
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.