[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15
Captain America is inspiring an entire generation of Asian kids
https://youtu.be/4kbQjmiDgls

Can we just appreciate how insane it is that Captain fucking America is the most popular comicbook character on the planet right now?
Cap thread
>>
>>82535028
Why are those three so cute together?
>>
>>82535028
What a time to be alive.
>>
> most popular comicbook character
Not even Marvel's most popular character.
>>
>>82535184
Who would it be?
Also thanks to these movies everyone in the world knows and loves Cap. Hes forever part of modern pop culture now
>>
>>82535361
Spider-man
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x314
>>82535361
>>82535392
Always Spiderman!
>>
File: Crazy Devil Guy is Happy.jpg (20 KB, 431x352) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Devil Guy is Happy.jpg
20 KB, 431x352
>Captain America teachers a generation of Chinese kids to look up to America.
>>
>>82535361
Most Superheroes movies get drowned in the sea of cape movies that are coming out. It's a lot different than Donner's Superman or Raimi's and Nolan's trilogy era. Shared universes destroy individuality as well.
>>
>>82535579

It teaches them to look up to what America should be, not what it actually is right now.

That's always been Captain America's thing -- making people believe in the ideal America and not the actual America.
>>
>>82535639
Yeah but Caps movies are one of the few that actually got better as they went. Its reviving high praise from fans and critics
Also dat airport scene
Caps movies will be remembered for a long time
>>
captain america's whole shtick is that he's basically the most likable guy on the planet. He's supposed to represent everything good about America in the same way Supes can but without the godlike power.
>>
>>82535028
Is he the ''new'' Superman?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-md3lKxvX4

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
>>
>>82535863
Based Grillo
>>
>>82535848

It's really a shame that Batman holds an incontestable position as everyone's favourite hero. I can't remember the last time Batman as a character was interesting.
>>
>>82535848
We've been forcefed Batman since the 1960s.

Actually I don't have a problem with Batman. I've kinda accepted that he's been rehashed every 5 years or so.
>>
>>82535965
Read some comics and stop just watching tv and movies.
>>
>>82535028
>Captain fucking America is the most popular comicbook character on the planet right now?
Kek
He's still behind Spider-man, Batman and iron man (just)
Someone post the merchandise chart.
>>
>>82535863

>"But this isn't Batman."

Based Sebastian.

I liked them shutting down the normie interviewer, though.
>>
>>82536025
Her asking Sebastian to go down on Chris, though. As much money as I'd pay to see that, it seems really awkward during an interview.
>>
>>82535984

His comics not being interesting for a long time is what I'm referring to. The most interesting the Batman mythos was in recent years is when Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne took up the reins.

Death of the Family, Court of Owl, that "Joker is magical" shit. None of that was interesting.
>>
Iron man is still more famous.

And Spider-man obviously.
>>
>>82536061
Thats literally one bad writer and one bad run.
>>
>>82536079

It's a bad run that's stemmed over recent years. That aside, I don't think most Batman stuff has been interesting for a while now, even before the New 52.
>>
>>82535857
Yes
How many people do you see wearing Cap shirts because I see a fuck ton. The same amount of people wearing superman or batman shirts. Normies don't like superman because hes
>boring
>too powerful
>murderman
Snyder definitely didn't help his public image. When people think of Cap they think of doing whats right because its right. Hes genuinely inspiring
>>
>>82536148
Well your retarded cause you just praised Morrison's one which was the one directly before New52 so way to show you don't read comics and you just scan threads on /co/ and talk shit. Now please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>82535959
Hopefully he shows up in Infinity War, alongside all the other cool villains who died.
Those shotgun gauntlets were badass.
>>
>>82535028

People used to laugh at me for liking Captain America and Superman. 1 out of 2 ain't bad I guess.
>>
>>82536020
>>82536091
That's two years old.
>>
>>82536215

I said MOST Bat stuff as in not all of it, and I clarified already that the Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne stuff was the excpetion.

You're just pissy because I dared to insinuate that your favourite character isn't interesting, which means I CAN'T POSSIBLY be an informed comic reader such as yourself.
>>
File: SonsofBatman.png (112 KB, 246x254) Image search: [Google]
SonsofBatman.png
112 KB, 246x254
>>82535848
It'll always be Batman.

It will always be Batman 4U.
And I don't have a problem with that.

The grade-schoolers being turned onto super-heroes are not being turned into Bat-fans.
>>
>>82536271
No you just sound retarded. Especially cause you think Snyder's run was the only Batman ongoing over the course of the last few years. Just admit you are a little baby who just watches Disney films.
>>
>>82535863
God Grillo is the best. THANKS FOR KILLING HIM BEFORE WE GOT A THUNDERBOLTS MOVIE RUSSO BROS
>>
>>82535028
Captain American isn't the most popular comic book character
That's still either superman or batman
Captain American is the most popular superhero movie character, specifically superheroes based on comicbook characters
But the distinction is simply people don't like or recognize Captain America's comic version because it's not the same as the movie version
They prefer the movies to the comics, which is why the movies make billions and the comic industry is slowly dying
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
Batman is the most popular character for aging comic neckbeards and casuals over the age of 40.

Young people and comic newbies care more about Harley and Joker than Batman.
Deadpool is probably more popular a character with people under the age of 30 than Batman.
>>
>>82536304

>only Batman ongoing

I literally never implied it was the only Batman ongoing, that's just something you projected onto what I said. Those were just some examples of recent developments in the Batman mythos off the top of my head.

>Just admit you are a little baby who just watches Disney films.

Christ, man, how old are you? This isn't how an adult should react to someone having a dissenting opinion.
>>
>>82536267
You think spider-man has gone from outselling batman, the avengers and superman combined to selling less than Captain America?
>>
>>82536353
Kek stop implying you have an informed opinion mate. You made ill informed statements and showed your ignorance. Your rebuttal is lacking.
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16 KB, 210x236) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16 KB, 210x236
>>82536304
>Questioning someone's maturity on a comic and cartoon board on a Mongolian Puppet board.

You couldn't be a more pathetic faggot if you trained like Batman at it.
>>
>>82536280
>The grade-schoolers being turned onto super-heroes are not being turned into Bat-fans.
This
I work at an elementary school and do you know whats on all the kids backpacks?
Captain America, Spiderman, Ironman, Hulk, Thor, even fucking Antman
But who you don't really see are Batman or Superman. There will be a few sure but the vast majority of what the kids are into right now is Marvel and STARWARS
>>
>>82536398
>comics are only for children!

Christ reddit please leave.
>>
>>82536395

This is outright pathetic.
>>
>>82536418
Lego Batman sellls a bit, you practically can't give away Superman garbage.
>>
>>82535848
Batman is a grasshopper surrounded by ants.
And no, that isn't an Ant-Man joke, although at this point it could be.
>>
>>82536433
Reading comprehension much?
>>
>>82536433

You're not doing a very good job of conveying that you're a mature, intelligent adult who reads comics, desu senpai.
>>
>>82535863
Christ, Chelsea Handler is obnoxious.

>do you take acting seriously?
>>
>>82536442
Yes forgot about that Batman has Legos on lock down
>>
>>82535848
>>82535965
Batman is still going on strong because of TAS and the Dark Knight. An entire generation of kid grew up watching Batman.

Captain America can't really compare unless he get a show on par with TAS.
>>
>>82536521

I'm not even saying Captain America should win out, I just think that Batman's kind of old and busted and that other more interesting heroes should be given more attention.
>>
>>82536565

You're just lashing out now. To think all this started because someone didn't like your fictional father figure/self-insurt.
>>
>>82536608
Im actually just trolling you while I'm at the gym but thanks for entertaining me between sets.
>>
>>82535965
> I can't remember the last time Batman as a character was interesting.
Mate do you read Batman comics ? If yes then Court of Owls and Zero Year should've convinced you,if not then a gorillion of other Batman comics should've convinces you.
>>
>>82536684
The obnoxious glut of Bat-product has the opposite effect, really.
Just like the Quarter pounder with cheese isn't the best hamburger i've eaten in the last year, the endless mill of Batmaterial doesn't do the character any great service.
>>
File: excalibur.png (135 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
excalibur.png
135 KB, 680x750
>>82536639

>hurr sorry anons I was only pretending to be retarded
>i'm actually macking out at the gym working on my sweet bod, gotta get back to my six figure job and my girlfriend, peace

really nigga
>>
I just wanted to talk about Cap...why are you all fighting?
>>
>>82536684

>Court of Owl

I read that, man, and it just seemed really overrated to me. I didn't think it was a particularly interesting or exceptional story.

>Zero Year

In all fairness, I haven't read this one.
>>
>>82536770
Now you are going to get beat up as a casual because you don't slavishly follow 6 Bat-titles a month.
>>
>>82536797

I would have, anon, but the batfag went back to pumping weights and being a winner
>>
>>82536744
Because batfags always love to shit up a thread when somebody mentions their edgy wank fantasy in passing, and this is coming from a guy who likes batman supes is bae though
>>
>>82536730
Well at the end of the day,it's a company,they want to please fans but make money too,sometimes only do the latter.Batman has the best superpower of all,the ability to make DC a shit ton of money. I can't make you change your opinion,but Batman will always be my favorite character.
Also you're a fucking nigger faggot for not sharing the same opinion towards a fictional character as me.
>>
File: Aygohr.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Aygohr.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>82536826
Avengers 2.5 is about to humiliate Justice League 0.5 in the theaters.

When a movie like Ant-Man 2 outgrosses a Batfleck film, the asshurt will be picked up by the International Space Station.
>>
>>82536733
I mean I have all of those things and I wasnt pretending anything. I poked holes in every one of your rebuttals and you resorted to ad hominem. I wouldnt expect anything else from a drone.
>>
File: amazing-spider-man.jpg (55 KB, 595x555) Image search: [Google]
amazing-spider-man.jpg
55 KB, 595x555
>>82536925
>Batman has the best superpower of all,the ability to make DC a shit ton of money.

Enough sustained mediocrity can ruin any bankable franchise, ask Sony.
>>
>>82537023
What? You do realize Sony was doing fine and Disney begged Sony to use him right? Literally begged as in see not a dime from any merchandise begged.
>>
>>82537023
>mediocrity
But the last thing in years to have Batman in it and be shit was BvS,and most people think that Batfleck was the best part of the film. Also Batman:Endgame
>>
File: Dracula.jpg (46 KB, 372x336) Image search: [Google]
Dracula.jpg
46 KB, 372x336
>>82537070
>What? You do realize Sony was doing fine

>Movies costing more and more to make
>Grossing less and less at the box office

You have an interesting definition of "doing fine" buddy.
>>
>>82537214
T O Y S
O
Y
S
>>
File: Spider-man box office.jpg (52 KB, 734x210) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man box office.jpg
52 KB, 734x210
>>82537263
Sony doesn't make Spider-man toys.

There is no way to make this look good, sorry.
>>
>>82537070
>What? You do realize Sony was doing fine and Disney begged Sony to use him right?
That is literally the opposite of what happened
>>
File: Affleck Dogma.jpg (32 KB, 415x260) Image search: [Google]
Affleck Dogma.jpg
32 KB, 415x260
>>82537325
TDK $538 million domestic
TDKR $448 million domestic
BvS $326 million domestic.

That's unadjusted btw.

Batman is on the same downward trajectory.
>>
>>82536998
Fuck. You're so cool, man.
>>
>>82537399
you should include Batman begin.
>>
>>82535679
The ideal america is an interventionist private superpoeer that answers to no one and puts personal ties over public safety?
>>
File: Bat-boxoffice.jpg (73 KB, 791x361) Image search: [Google]
Bat-boxoffice.jpg
73 KB, 791x361
The internet can coo about Batfleck all they want, BvS took in about half domestically what Heat Legend did.

When your franchise keeps making $100 million less each outing, while costs keep rising, you don't have to be an accountant to see a problem.
>>
File: Batman_and_Robin.jpg (162 KB, 977x768) Image search: [Google]
Batman_and_Robin.jpg
162 KB, 977x768
>>82537440
Begins and Batman's Gay Adventures are the only two Bat-films BvS out-performed.
>>
>>82535863
Point of fact, though, is that Bucky predates Robin by quite a long time. Also movie Bucky is in no way similar to Robin. He's the same age as Steve and he was the "big brother" in the friendship before Steve became a super-soldier.
Bitch clearly hasn't done her homework.
>>
>>82537599
Robin appeared in comics in 1940, Bucky in 1941
>>
>>82537599
>>Bucky predates Robin by quite a long time

what? the first appearance of Robin was April 1940, that's even before the first appearance of captain America (march 1941)
>>
>>82536930
Technically the second Thor movie made more money than Man Of Steel because of the differences in production and advertising budgets. It didn't out-gross it, but the net profit from the film was higher.
>>82537114
>But the last thing in years to have Batman in it and be shit was BvS
Disagree. I disliked the entire Nolan trilogy. TDK wasn't as bad as Begins or Rises, but I'd never buy a dvd, much less a BD (don't even have it downloaded). It was painfully in denial of even being a cape movie. They tried so hard to avoid making it a superhero film almost nothing of the character save for "parents are dead" and the silhouette of the costume actually made it in.
>World's Greatest Detective
nope, he just built a super-duper sonar thingy
>world-class martial artist who's ready for anything
had to run from two dogs
>"Crime never takes a day off and neither do I"
It's okay, now: the nuke went off on the *other side of the river* so I can retire now and go to Italy with Catwoman.
>>
>>82535579
>>82535679
China already looks up to America, just look at comments on Chinese sites, it can get hilarious but everyone is usually like
>If this was America than this would never happen!
>>
>>82536331
>That's still either superman or batman
>Superman
It's never superman, iconic does not equal popular,or even good.

I'd say it's a throw up between Batman and Spider-man.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.