[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the Marvel equivalent of The World's Finest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
What's the Marvel equivalent of The World's Finest?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>82534964
Well, there ya go. Threads over, we can move on now.
>>
>>82534882
They don't have any.
>>
>>82534964
>Would rather punch each other's faces in right as the end of the world is happening rather than help each other

Not really.
>>
>>82535755
You know that Batman and Superman fight aplenty as well, right?

They're not exact parallels but they're the closest that Marvel has. In the comics at least things are much more collaborative than "these are the srandout heroes beyond heroes".
>>
>>82534991

It means They have to be friends.

We just need a Powerful guy having a not so powerful guy friend.

Spider-man and daredevil are closest to "world finest".
>>
File: 9582.jpg (42 KB, 770x770) Image search: [Google]
9582.jpg
42 KB, 770x770
>>82535843
>Spider-man and daredevil are closest to "world finest".
>>
>>82535840
Until there's an arc where the full on end of the multiverse is happening and Batman and Superman would rather punch each other's faces in rather than try to stop said end of the multiverse, I fail to see how those two would be the equivalent.
>>
Iron Fist and Power Man.

This is from a time when Marvel was more street level.
>>
Who's Marvel's trinity?
>>
File: 049.jpg (100 KB, 484x750) Image search: [Google]
049.jpg
100 KB, 484x750
>>
>>82535843
It doesn't mean anything of the sort. To me it's in the name. World's Finest. They're not called World's Friendliest.

The major heroes that others look to and are the flagships for their company. This is Tony and Steve for Marvel currently.
>>
>>82536138
I think it would be Hulk, Spider-man, and Iron Man
>>
Used to be >>82536169

Now it's >>82534964
>>
>>82536138
Fuck the "Trinity" concept to be honest, DC doesn't even have a Trinity it has Superman and Batman and they throw in Wonder Woman sometimes but not always.

It's always a duo and Marvel's duo is Captain America and Iron Man.
>>
File: tumblr_m4qq9sD64K1qfxwtoo1_1280.jpg (909 KB, 800x1219) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4qq9sD64K1qfxwtoo1_1280.jpg
909 KB, 800x1219
>>82536138
Typing "marvel trinity" into Google Images gives me endless variations of this so I think it's safe to say these guys for the moment.

I mean personally I'd put Spiderman in over Thor but hey.
>>
>>82536181
There's nothing "finest" about two lunkheads that would rather settle a pissing contest than save as many of the human race as they can. Peter qualifies for "world's finest" far more than both Steve and Tony combined.
>>
>>82534882

Spider-Man and the X-Men for decades until Marvel started pushing C-Listers
>>
>>82536286
>There's nothing "finest" about two lunkheads that would rather settle a pissing contest than save as many of the human race as they can.
Yeah if only one of them said their mom's name.
>>
>>82536323
Oh I'm sorry. I must have missed the other earth people actively attacking the planet while Batman and Superman had their little fight going on in the movie.

Oh wait...
>>
>>82534882
Just pair up spider-man with anyone
>>
>>82534882
>>82534964
And Thor's Wonder Woman.
>>
>>82534882
Spider-Man + Wolverine is the closest you have. Or had.

Now it's Cap + Iron Man, but those two are more like Sonic and Knuckles.
>>
>>82536361
>>82536286
>>82535915
>>82535755
So your definition of World's Finest, for the purpose of this thread, is what?

The two most iconic heroes who happen to also be the best of buddies and one of them is a superhuman icon while the other is a sort-of-we-pretend-he's-only-human combat master?

If you want all the boxes ticked then sorry Marvel doesn't have one. There are plenty of superheroes who are friends with each other, but the super iconic ones aren't BFFs (even though they actually are mostly friendly but let's ignore that because hey why not?)
>>
>>82536286
When the hell did this happen?
>>
>>82536539
No, they're meant to be exemplars of human virtues. And while they can have differences in ideals and methods, while they can end up arguing with each other and actually coming to blows, when the chips are down and humanity needs their heroes the most, the two can still put aside their grievances to work on what needs to be done.

>>82536570
The final incursuion. As 616 and 1610 were smashing into each other old man Steve donned power armor to get into one last punchfest with Tony. The last you see of them they get crushed by a helicarrier iirc.
>>
>>82536446
Spider-man team-ups are more like Marvel's Brave and the Bold
>>
>>82536649
Steve and Tony are exemplars of human virtues and generally work together just fine. So there was a shitty piece of writing recently big fucking whoopdidoo. As others have said, Batman and Superman have fought for enormously petty or poorly-handled reasons before.
>>
>>82536718
It's not that recent anon. It's been something that Marvel's been escalating. With Civil War they let their egos blind them so much that it took civillians stepping in to make Cap see they aren't doing anything remotely heroic anymore. Then history repeated itself, only this time there was no one there to stop them from being total assholes toward each other.
>>
>>82536718
> As others have said, Batman and Superman have fought for enormously petty or poorly-handled reasons before.

Yes and even with that they manage to push past each other and set aside their differences to work for the good of everyone. Hell even in Injustice, where Batman and Superman are at the absolute ends of the spectrum they still end up realizing they need to work together when they realize that Trigon and Mxyzptlk's fight was tearing the fabric of reality. And the year after that. after having Batman dead to rights from Zeus manhandling the lot of them, Superman still goes to fight the greater threat that is Darkseid once Batman makes it clear that everyone was being played by him.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.