[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to that Powers TV series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: bendis-610.jpg (28 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
bendis-610.jpg
28 KB, 610x343
Whatever happened to that Powers TV series?
>>
That trailer was hilarious.
>>
>>82530165
I saw an episode of it, it looked pretty bad. Like, almost telenovela-tier production values.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq3W9wOKsGM
I just realized who Bendis reminds me of
>>
It's exclusive to the Plasystation network, no idea what anyone was thinking there.
>>
It's PS4 exclusive, not joking.
>>
It's on the PSN.
>>
>>82530165
Wow, Kingpin is looking like shit lately.
>>
>>82530342
>>82530325
>>82530318
HOLY SHIT
>>
I watched one episode and hated it, I have since heard it gets way better but I don't really plan to go back
>>
>>82530165
It was on the Playstation network.

>>82530726
No, seriously.

>>82530318
The PSN were thinking "people have heard of this Bendis guy, right", and Bendis was thinking "clearly the reason this script didn't sell for like ten years even though literally every network has seen it is because I don't need to change a thing, and when it does sell, then they'll hand over Marvel Studios to me and fire that Feige hack", because like most comic book writers he's fucking delusional about his level of skill.

You know how Jeph Loeb got into movies and TV? He spent forty fucking years working at it. He worked on Smallville, he worked on Lost, he worked on Heroes, he worked on fuck knows how many shows just as a producer, he worked on Batman tv and vidya as a writer, he created, wrote, and sold the script for Teen Wolf (which got a sequel and was later remade as a teen serial)... and after he'd established himself as a screenwriter, he moved into comic books. After.

Not before. Because nobody does before. Fuck, I think the last guy that was in comics before he was ever a screenwriter was Howard Chaykin, and he came back. I mean god knows Jeph Loeb has problems as a writer but at least he managed to sell his scripts without any problems. He sold like four, that's way above the odds for new screenwriters.

It's not a career path that works.
>>
>>82530726
It's still going, Season 2 starts soon.
>>
>>82531337
Didn't Yost move into screenwriting after Marvel cancelled on his New Warriors?
>>
>>82530165
it's on crackle i watched it on my roku
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.