[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any other cartoon ever had an episode explaining the jewish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: tommy pickles.png (483 KB, 719x539) Image search: [Google]
tommy pickles.png
483 KB, 719x539
Has any other cartoon ever had an episode explaining the jewish holiday Passover?
>>
Arthur did, I think.
>>
>>82526446
Arthur showed one of its characters celebrating Hanukkah during its Christmas special but I can't recall if Passover was ever mentioned.

There had to have been another Passover cartoon at some point. Just not anything as popular or well known as Rugrats.
>>
>>82526446
>>82526524
I think the only Jewish holiday episode Arthur had was for Yom Kippur.
http://arthur.wikia.com/wiki/Is_That_Kosher%3F
>>
I really wish cartoons didn't further the teachings of cults.

It's kinda fucked.

Yeah yeah I know. Fedorafedora get some better material fedora.
>>
>>82526524
I'm pretty sure there was an episode about Passover. It was about Francine struggling to fast and she gets all worried about not being able to fast long enough.
>>
Idk but Harold stole a ham.
>>
>>82526588
Never mind, it was Yom Kippur. I don't know shit about Jewish holidays.
>>
>>82526579
lol go tip your fedo-

No, you're right. Cartoons should be secular.

I remember being fourteen and forced to watch CGI Christian fruits and vegetables comically re-enact Biblical fables in Sunday school alongside kindergartners

If ever I am able to head and afford a stable family, never shall I introduce them to such horseshit.
>>
>>82526419
He's rubbing his hands together.
>>
File: harold-butcher-1.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
harold-butcher-1.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
>>82526595
>steals
>is "punished"
>"learns" lesson
>continues being a fat shithead

Fully Jewish
>>
>>82526579
>>82527542
>Not wanting to see other cultures
*Yawn* Even if you think they're bullshit, they are interesting. Also, you don't even need to be religious to find them exciting. Explain why there are Atheist theologists?
>>
>>82526419
I liked the Rugrats specials because I could relate being in a both jewish/Christian family
>>
>>82527840
>*Yawn*
Sure, mythology is pretty interesting at first, but it's static. Most religions are thousands of years old, translated from extinct and esoteric languages. What has been written will never be built upon in the future. Even as a skeptic, the old bullshit has to be taken somewhat literally to have any sort of cultural worth.

Above all, none of it can be sensibly adapted in a comical cartoon format, even if it is marketed at small children who don't know any better.

>Explain why there are Atheist theologists?
Because they want to understand why people can be so dull and gullible? And they like to tip their fedoras at said people?
>>
File: Harold's_Bar_Mitzvah.jpg (169 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Harold's_Bar_Mitzvah.jpg
169 KB, 512x384
>>82526595
>>82527631
You'd think the Jew in Harold would stop him from ham...
>>
File: Proud Family.png (384 KB, 660x360) Image search: [Google]
Proud Family.png
384 KB, 660x360
No but both Rugrats & Proud Family did a Kwanzaa episode (go figure)
>>
File: image.gif (885 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
885 KB, 500x418
>>82528825
>just now realizing this.
>>
>>82526595
>the part where the rabbi is exceptionally mad because Harold stole something that isn't kosher

gets me every time
>>
>>82529184
>we haven't eaten ham in 5000 years, we don't need to start now
>>
>>82528236
>And they like to tip their fedoras at said people?
which you're not doing at ALL.
>>
>>82527542
Veggietales was the shit
>>
>>82528936
You didn't watch the episode, did you? It's actually pointed out when his parents and his rabbi are upset that he not only stole, but stole something non-kosher.
>>
>>82528825
I was hungry!
>>
>>82527542
>Cartoons should be secular.
No they shouldn't. The creator can and should make what they wish.
>>
>>82526419
did they not explain it in The Prince of Egypt?

seems like kind of an oversight if not
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.