[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who Censored Roger Rabbit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 7134655-L.jpg (66 KB, 305x500) Image search: [Google]
7134655-L.jpg
66 KB, 305x500
Is the book worth reading at all?
>>
Sure, why not?
>>
Depends on if you want to read the original, or the revised edition, made to be more like the movie.
>>
>>82524644
wait, there is a book?
>>
The book is nothing like the movie excepr for character names. Roger works as a star of a comic strip, not animated cartoons. Delves a little more into world building though.
>>
>>82524644
Even the author thinks the movie is better and wrote a sequel that made the first book a dream.
>>
File: eNtlu1r.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
eNtlu1r.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>mfw the author of the book himself was considered to play the role of Eddie Valiant
>mfw he would have actually been a great choice
That said, Bob Hoskins was part of what made the movie so great so I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>82524644
I heard there's a Garfield-cameo
>>
File: dr-slump-1762317.jpg (82 KB, 347x214) Image search: [Google]
dr-slump-1762317.jpg
82 KB, 347x214
>>82524644
I've wondered the same, OP. I love the movie.

>steamy broads and killer creampies
MUH DICK
>>
>>82529453
Also, is that Darren McGavin the motherfucking Nightstalker on the cover?
>>
>>82524644 >>82529453

It's interesting if you like WFRR and want to see what absolutely negligible merit did the source material hold in the excellence of the result.

The novel has an interesting enough high concept, and gives it a simplistic, charmless and all-round terrible execution
>>
>>82529669
>charmless

I don't know about that. I thought it was interesting enough.
>>
>>82524644

Horrible book was Horrible. Jessica Rabbit was actually a Tijuana Bible starlett. Ending came out of nowhere (something about a genie). The whole thing was bad and completely without merit.
>>
>>82531192
>Jessica Rabbit was actually a Tijuana Bible starlett.
This was the only sentence that mattered, and you know it.
>>
>>82531192
The whole thing was very much like the Hammet/Chandler novels it was paying homage to.
>>
Spoiler : it's nintendo
>>
>>82524644
I liked it overall but got really let down by the end. But I'd say yeah, go for it.
>>
>>82526740
really?
>>
>>82531330
Yes. Sequel is "Who P-p-p-plugged Roger Rabbit?" and I believe another book got made following after "Plugged's" story called "Who Wacked Roger Rabbit?"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.