[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Goddamn Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
Am I wrong for liking this interpretation of Batman better than most? I mean, it ends way to quickly, but aside from that, it's great
>>
>>82520031
I only recently found a new appreciation for Millerbats after someone storytimed ASBAR, Holy Terror, DK 1 & 2, etc. If you read it as an elseworlds, its' pretty great.
>>
>>82520031
This is where Batman and Canary fuck?
>>
>>82520052
Well, it IS an elseworlds. And this Batman, as much as I love it, gives me that same appreciation for regular batman, though I think he should be a bit more vicious than he is. Not at Millerbats level, but he certainly needs a bit of an edge.

>>82520077
Yeah
>>
>>82520084
>Well, it IS an elseworlds
Yeah, I know, but people tend to forget.
>>
Is All Star Batman in this vein? Not dark, but is it in the same series as superman and Batman&Robin, or is it separate like Section 8
>>
>>82520232
Book from Snyder? Don't think so. It'll be Two-Face story he wanted to write for some time.
>>
>>82520239
Sounds cool nonetheless. I want more from that series though. Maybe an All-Star Green Lantern?
>>
>>82520031
I just like it because finally someone wrote Batman as a maniac who uses child soldiers to combat violent crime. Something, you know, a maniac would do.
>>
>>82520264
Yeah. It's a real shame that the All-Star line died as quickly as it did.
>>
It's a really weird take on him but it works if you take all Miller's work like >>82520052 said (he forgot Year 1). Sadly after 9/11 Miller went insane and used Batman as an outlet for his insanity. I am more fond of looking at Robbin's dip into insanity over Batman's and you can see Miller trying to almost explain why Robbin became the Joker in ASBAR.
>>
>>82520365
Honestly, first time I read ASBAR I was thinking what the fuck was going on with this Batman. Then I read through Year One, ASBAR, TDKR and TDKSA and honestly, I can totally see ASBAR-bats being the same bats as those others, ASBAR bats is especially close to TDSKA-bats. Interestingly enough, Bruce has been Batman again for 2-3 years at that point and gotten more into it again, and he's behaving more like he was in his youth, during ASBAR.

Having read through them all again like that, I can't see where all the " not muh noble Batman" arguments come from, from people who hate ASBAR.
>>
>>82520271
>>82520264
If All-Star Batman is gonna be succesful, who knows, maybe they will bring it back? I mean, All-Star Superman is one of the best know, if not THE best known Superman graphic novels.
>>
>>82520365
Year one was serialized in Batman magazine though, and it kinda works much better as a part of post-Crisis continuity.
>>
>>82520084

So he uses guns, is a little extra violent, but doesn't kill TOO many people...

I think I have just the thing for you.
>>
>>82520266
Yeah it's a shame ASBAR didn't continue for that alone.
I wanted to see how Bruce actually handles him because in #10 he clearly had some regrets with Dick but they found their groove regardless.

Also Miller said they wouldn't like each other much and I need to see them banter more.
>>
>>82523641
Very much so.
#10 is just Robin finally being able to do all of his acrobatic flips and just have some fun, and Batman trying really hard not to say something
>>
>>82520031
It's certainly one of the less boring and overrated

I especially enjoyed Bruce and Dick painting that room just Hal couldn't use his ring onthem.

>>82520052
It is an elseworlds. The only Millerbat comic that was ever canon to the main DCU is Year 1. The rest are their own timeline.
>>
>>82523708
*less boring and overrated Miller stories
>>
>>82523641
>>82523700
I don't remember but did Dick ever felt any regret after almost killing Hal? I mean Bruce finally took him to see the grave of Dick's parents to get some closure but I don't remember Dick ever going "Oh god I almost killed a man"
>>
I wonder how Snyder would do a film adaptation of this after watch BvS
>>
>>82523811
Not really.
He just went "I don't understand".
>>
>>82523827
I wonder why they keep letting Snyder over literally any one else be in charge
>>
>>82523811
I don't think so
Dick said he didn't get why Bruce was so mad cause he was just doing what Bruce taught him
And then a couple pages later he said in the narration boxes that he wanted to kill Hal
>>
>>82523827
Isn't Miller a core team member of making the DCCU or whatever they are calling it? I want to say I saw his name in the credits.
>>82523855
My guess is they didn't want to reboot it a 3rd time. Since the whole thing was meant to start with Green Lantern which bombed and after Man of Steel they just said "Whatever we can work with this" and kept Snyder to continue the adventure. I'm guessing right now their is talks to get him off the project as soon as possible and bring in someone that can either do a Crisis (or say that Man of Steel and Batman v Superman was in a different universe) and reboot it without just starting from scratch or try to work with what they have and hopefully fix it.
>>
>>82523921
>Isn't Miller a core team member of making the DCCU or whatever they are calling it? I want to say I saw his name in the credits.

Nah, he hates movies based on comic books.
>>
>>82523811
You can argue he might've been freaked out by killing Hal, but Dick did acknowledge that he wanted to kill him.
But he was more worried about Bruce firing him than the fact he almost killed somebody.
>>
>>82523921
I think George Miller is vaguely involved with the dc movies still

Wrong Miller though
>>
>>82523921
They don't have to reboot it to fix it.
>>
>>82524090
He directed movies based con comic books
>>
>>82524090
I think this anon has confused Frank Miller with Alan Moore.
>>
>>82524821
I think he's confusing Miller with Moore.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.