[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War Thread: WARNING SPOILERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92
File: falcon.jpg (10 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
falcon.jpg
10 KB, 186x271
Instead of talking about the actual story, can we take a moment to talk about everything else in the movie?

This really isn't a spoiler, but I'ma play it safe just in case: Falcon got a real boost in power. I really fucking liked how he used his wings as a shield for him and others during fights. That was a really cool detail. He just seems to flow a lot better with the rest of the team. A real sense of synergy, y'know?
>>
>>82513470
Why doesn't anyone ever mention how he dropkicked a helicopter? Shit was badass.
>>
>>82513470
I like the Redwing headbutt.
>>
Fucking incredible movie.

Spider-Man was spot fucking on.
>>
I gotta say, the MCU certainly did wonders for Falcon. Makes me eager to see Vulture sometime
>>
>>82513583

I wish he wasn't thrown in though, it was a great exhibition of his character but he sticks out like a sore thumb and interrupted the tone of what's otherwise a pretty tense and personal stand-off

Love Tom Holland as Peter though, he nails the character perfectly
>>
Just got back, totally loved it.

They finally got a good villain. I was never a big Loki fan and all the good villains died after the first appearance or haven't shown up since, so it was nice to get a great bad guy that's sticking around.

Spider-Man was my favorite part, easily. The Empire line was a little weird, but that's my only complaint. Really nailed the fighting style and characterization. Hopefully we see him get stronger throughout the years, he felt somewhat nerfed in this but it's fine since he's only 6 months a hero. Also Aunt May was hot.
>>
>>82513642
The tone of the stand off was light. It started with Black Widow kicking Ant Man in the balls.
>>
How was Hawkeye?
>>
>>82513718
Great. And further reminder on why Green Arrow sucks these days
>>
>>82513718
Pretty good, actually. Used very sparingly, so the scenes he's in actually have a sense of importance. He isn't ungodly broken as he was in Avengers nor as useless as he was in Age of Ultron. Actually feels like a well built character this time around
>>
>>82513642

Nah, that fight was never going for that tone, so Holland fit right in.

He got out of the picture by the time shit was about to go down for real.
>>
>>82513718
He's the cool older brother in the movie.
>>
>>82513718
Showed up without reason (just like Ant-Man) to break Wanda out of Stark's custody.
>>
I just got back from seeing it. Competent but disappointing. it feels like none of the character arcs really got resolved ina satisfactory way by the end (with the exception of Black Panther, holy fuck he was great).
>>
>>82513601
>>82513470
I know it's not a great accomplishment, but he's definitely the best incarnation of the character.
>Cannonballing/Spin-kicking those 2 guys
>One-arm riot shield
>Back Shield
>Redwing BONK
>Dropkicking Helichopter
>Bird Costume
Dude was badass and complemented Steve in every way. Being outspoken over petty things Steve would be too polite, voicing his opinions to Rhodey/Vision, being careful yet accepting of Bucky. Helping Tony helping Steve from the raft.

Dude was an absolute bro.

Also, I'm waiting for Wanda to go (almost) full Akira on someone. Except the huge veiny throby version. The Russos obviously respect her a lot in terms of power and are trying to gradually build her up. If this is stage 2 of 4 for her, I can't fucking wait.
>>
BLACK PANTHER WHEN

FINALLY A COOL BLACK SUPER HERO

THAT NIGGA RICHOUS
>>
>>82513751
>we will never get a movie with Hawkeye and Ant-Man pulling some crazy heist scheme together
>>
I think an important distinction that we all need to learn to make is the difference between quips and bantz.

Because this movie had very little by way of quips, but it had some amazing bantz.
>>
>>82513642
Spider-Man was perfect and his character being the only one who actually quipped during the fights (I'd say Ant-Man was actually making real jokes) was perfect for Spider-Man too.
>>
>>82513470
Why the shit was the location text always so damn big? Did they worry if it was hidden in the corner nobody would get it?
>>
>token black sidekicks get generic action scenes
Who cares? Black Panther was somewhat enjoyable, but in a movie packed with a billion action scenes, Falcon and Rhodey were just yawn-worthy.
>>
>>82513768
He had a reason to show up. Stark was being an asshole to Wanda, and she owed her brother one for giving his life. They needed a small militia, and Ant-Man also owed one to Falcon. Plus he hates Stark and seems to love Cap.

I wonder if Pym as a SHIELD agent ever liked Cap as an iconic figure.
>>
Holy shit Black Panther.
I was so indifferent to him but holy shit his movie can't come out fast enough now.
>>
Black Panther's introduction was fucking killer. They truly demonstrated how awesome that character would be in real life, with his moves and the way his claws worked. They were fucking savage in that opening fight, and his agility and DEAD fucking silence was really defining for his character.

Spider-Man, don't get me started. It was literally perfect. They nailed the character in every single way.
>>
>>82513470

I can't think of anything in the movie I didn't like. I mean I could sympathize with every character and it really felt like they were all justified in their stances. It was paced right and everyone had a reason for fighting.
>>
>>82513779
February 2018
>>
>>82513845

Same here. Easily my favorite part of the movie.
>>
Black Panther was fucking amazing and I was so so happy to see Christopher Priest's name in the credits. Here's hoping that his solo film is heavily influenced by Priest's run.
>>
>>82513845
>>82513779
>>82513858
>>82513868
>yfw Baba
>>
My only actual complaints:
Took too long to build up, a little slow without much tension at first. But that's okay.

Scarlet Witch is unbelievably powerful, they even paint her as the only one able to take on Vision, and her magic is really potent. She would not have been one to make a simple mistake like throwing a bomb into a building like that. On top of that, they don't ever seem to acknowledge she is actively casting spells/performing magic, and they needed to really solidify that before Doctor Strange. I feel like Doctor Strange is going to under perform.
>>
>>82513779
Random thought but, how would you people feel if Kraven the Hunter was a secondary villain for the Black Panther movie? I mean Im fully expecting Klaww, maybe even in sound form, but it would be good world building if they decided to use Kraven later for Spider Man
>>
I'm decidedly "meh" on the movie. I can't think of anything I outright hate, I just think I have a hard time sympathizing with Tony like the movie really wants me too. (Protip, if your plan starts with "So we're going to relinquish oversight of our operations to the United Nations " then it's a terrible fucking plan.
>>
>>82513928
Tony was the bad guy in this movie.
>>
I gotta say, the comics did a terrible job of selling both sides as having points, but the movie fucking nailed it and all they had to do to accomplish this was make Steve a little selfish.
>>
>>82513928
Tony was not sympathetic. This was a Captain America film at it's core.
>>
>>82513718
I don't care
>>
>>82513971
The comics were about mutants. Mutants are what started the registration shit, so they did all they could do in the movie without having rights to mutants.
>>
File: 1460748636129.jpg (104 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1460748636129.jpg
104 KB, 620x670
Post yfw leaving the theatre
>>
>>82513928
Tony was definitely run by emotion rather than reason.
>>
>>82513987
Nitro wasn't a mutant though. He was a kree experiment.
>>
File: cutthecheck.jpg (10 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
cutthecheck.jpg
10 KB, 270x200
How are the Russos so based? Literally every character is a scene stealer. Who owns the scene when everyone is stealing it?
>>
>>82513994
They both were. That's the beauty of it. Cap pretty much threw out all logic because "muh bucky" while Stark gets guilt tripped into being an asshole.
>>
>>82514019
>Nitro wasn't a mutant

The mutant registration acts started the civil war.
>>
>>82513718

Actually Hawkeye for once.
>>
Steve making out with Sharon with Sam and Bucky going "hell yeah" in the background

They are the best wingmen.
>>
>>82514033
Its quite impressive how they managed to juggle so many characters, certainly better than Joss. I think WB needs to consult them
>>
>>82514019
>Nitro
>Reading wikipedia
>Not actually quoting it

When the mutant population was drastically reduced in the aftermath of M-Day, itself caused by a mutant, anti-mutant hysteria caused by extremist groups caused a majority of the remaining mutants, known as the 198, to relocate to the Xavier Institute, and raised public support for the proposed act.
>>
>>82514066
Joss was absolutely BTFO.
>>
>>82514064
I think Sam was a better wingman
>>
>>82513877
>yfw the villain called him handsome

Based T'Challa
>>
Movie Tony's entire character is being a dick and he still looks less like a dick in this movie than Civil War Comic Tony
>>
>>82514088

DUTIFUL, anon.

He said DUTIFUL.
>>
>>82514019
In almost all of the x-men comics and a lot of main marvel issues, mutants were always the primary cause for registration ideas and they were the ones that started the Civil War in the comics.

They obviously couldn't use mutants in the movie version. Which I think really made it seem like they were stretching. The Avengers "causing" terror by trying to stop it isn't really a good point.

The fanatical bullshit in the movie was moot because if she hadn't thrown the bomb into the building, it would've simply exploded and killed all the people on the ground anyway.

It's like, a very over exaggerated point.
>>
>>82513470
>>82513524
>>82513546
All of these were super cool
>>
>>82514115
> it would've simply exploded and killed all the people on the ground anyway.

It would've exploded and killed Steve on top of all the people around them.
>>
>>82513772
>being careful yet accepting of Bucky.

I want more Falcon and Bucky interactions in all Marvel movies from now on.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaa.gif (438 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaa.gif
438 KB, 300x169
>tfw HOHOHOHO
>>
>>82513772

Don't forget when he just dropped rockets on those mooks in Lagos.

Falcon got one hell of an upgrade.
>>
>>82513882

Note that the post credit teasers were for Black Panther and Spiderman solo movies, instead of a teaser for Doctor Strange.

Warning sign?
>>
>>82513642
His creed of "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" isn't spoken, but it hangs over Civil War like a judgmental shroud.

Peter is the fully realised embodiment of such a virtue, but everyone else around him has difficulties living up to it even when, as heroes, they have an understanding of its basic principles.

Vision is afraid of his power and thinks that by signing with the Accords, he is being responsible. In reality, he is just handing over that responsibility to someone else. He gets a taste of true culpability when he obeys Rhodey's orders to disable Falcon's flight pack and accidentally winds up blasting War Machine's arc reactor instead.

Black Panther has the technology, the fighting skills, and the intelligence to capture his target, but his reckless use of them has him chasing down the wrong man for most of the movie and his realisation of this hits him hard at the end.

Iron Man hopes to absolve himself and reign in his self-destructive tendencies by supporting the Accords, but as the ending showed, no amount of oversight or lip service to the UN can act as a legitimate substitute for actually fixing the broken machinery inside of him.

Captain America has a phenomenal personal advantage, the ability to get people to instantly trust him because his appeal and mission statement is broad enough that everyone from retired spies to shrinking rogues can interpret it how they see fit. He leads them on an off-the-books mission to stop what he thinks to be a menace whose neutralisation will finally legitimise the international vigilantism of the Avengers only for it to be a hoax, landing most of his followers in jail. In turn, he makes everyone else on Team Cap irresponsible with their own freedoms and powers because they just blindly trust him with them all

Honestly, the only Avengers that do take charge of themselves are Wanda, Rhodes and Bucky.
>>
Does Falcon still have the fold out Uzi's?
>>
>>82514139
Was this when Ant Man became giant? Because I was so hyped
>>
File: 1361089521094.jpg (22 KB, 316x274) Image search: [Google]
1361089521094.jpg
22 KB, 316x274
>>82514139

>tfw ant arrow

Ant-Man was the real stand out of the airport battle.
>>
>>82514176
Maybe it's because those two appeared in this movie

I had a Dr. Strange trailer directly before Civil War

it was the same one from the Fallon premiere, but still.
>>
File: 1456699113542.gif (284 KB, 108x147) Image search: [Google]
1456699113542.gif
284 KB, 108x147
Mfw I realize that Tony's new invention can pretty much solve all bullshit Bucky had gone through
Zemo was right , he fucking won.
>>
>>82514176

no, idiot
>>
>>82514176
I was expecting some expansion on what the fuck Scarlet Witch is doing. The fact she is using MAGIC first and foremost.

They avoided talking about the radioactive spider with Spider-Man, I get it, but everyone has clear and defined powers. Vision's are a little iffy, but what the fuck. They are skirting around Thor to begin with as "it's just so advanced it seems like magic" but they can't really skirt around Wanda.

There was no expansion on her powers or what she is even doing despite the fact she was a central point of the film.

Does magic exist in this universe or not? Doctor Strange is in trouble, I think, and most people left wanting to see Black Panther's movie and Spider-Mans movie.
>>
Just got back. Glad I can finally breathe on the internet.

Thoughts:

I felt so bad for Tony...
Black Panther and especially Spider-Man are simply perfect. I am beyond hype for those 2 films.
Vision wearing clothes and cooking for Wanda and longing to know what the mind gem is, is everything I want out of the character.
Everybody was terribly well written. Though I wish General of State Ross had more to say. Perhaps about the events of 10 years ago.
I was mildly surprised everyone left as fractured as they did. The Russos seem to have a clear picture of what Infinity War will be.
Bucky becoming Cap will never fly if that's what they plan on doing. No way Tony will ever stand next to him.
>>
>>82514176
I feel like Dr Strange is another "testing the waters" movie where marvel is gauging audience interest in magic material. If all goes well we might see a Ghost Rider reboot
>>
>>82514223
Doctor Strange could potentially be the first Marvel Cinematic Universe flop.
>>
>>82514033

The studio demanded Black Panther and Spidey here.

They also demanded Thor's vision quest in Age of Ultron.

The Russos handle marketing-based studio demands *much* better than Whedon did, and that may be as big a factor in Marvel trusting them as the commercial/critical success of the Cap movies did.

I'm definitely a lot more hype for Infinity War now that I've seen the Russos juggle these characters so flawlessly.
>>
>>82514176
Well Strange really isn't part of the Avengers yet , he's still unknown to the MCU only fags .
>>
>>82514268
You get this with multiple directors.
>>
File: Raft Cells.png (579 KB, 1025x419) Image search: [Google]
Raft Cells.png
579 KB, 1025x419
It's interesting to note the differences from the trailers. The Raft cells are empty in the trailer but the only time we see them is when they're full. So I guess they filmed the actors in their cells separately and RDJ wasn't actually talking to them, seems seamless tho.

Besides Hawkeye giving Tony a verbal lashing, Scott had the best exchange:

>Pym always said you could never trust a Stark!
>Who are you?
>Come on, man...

Intentional GotG reference or not?
>>
>>82514211
>that spoiler
Holy shit you're right. It seemed like such an unnecssary thing to the plot but it was staring me in the face the whole time.
>>
>>82514112
....I think that Chadwick is so handsome that I heard Zemo say handsome. I stand by what I posted though.
>>
>>82513994
Panther, Cap and Iron Man were all blinded by emotion and rage over the death of a loved one.

Iron Man straight up admits he's doing something wrong but doesn't care, because he needs relief and closure.

Cap does slide for the first time but takes the higher road and apologizes. Interesting how this was the first time Cap outright lied.

Panther sees himself in Zemo and backs away from going too far like the other two.

Zemo's whole arc was also about how he was taking emotional (yet calculated, because he's a villain) decisions because of his wife.

I really fucking liked the simplicity in Zemo's whole character/motivation. Literally a fucking nobody wrecked shit, but it works because he knew how much personal loss hurts and how it can be more powerful than an army because it makes you doubt and second-guess yourself and your fiends/allies, instead of making you rally for a clear goal.

The Russos are so fucking precise in directing a story and a bunch of characters it's incredible. They know all their beats and turns and have everything present at once in their mind, and rarely leave lose threads and faulty connections. They are very meticulous about everything, and it's a joy to watch.
>>
>>82514300
>Intentional GotG reference or not?

No.

And speaking of that, I get disgusted each time seeing that Suicide Squad trailer. It's fucking Guardians of the Galaxy to a T.
>>
>>82514261
I literally laughed out loud.

>>82514223
Doctor Strange will be the third in the trilogy of literally whos after Guardians and Ant-Man. Both of which were so well received, despite being under-marketed comparitively, that they each had sequels announced before they were out of theaters.
>>
>>82514268

>Black Panther was forced to be in

The fact that he feels almost like the tritagonist after Cap and Iron Man is a testament to how well the Russo's handle their business.
>>
>>82514223
They refer to it as telekynesis in AoU, I think. Must be something related to the infinity gem.
>>
File: 1373348401066.gif (919 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1373348401066.gif
919 KB, 500x281
my theatre fucking exploded into applause at Giant Man
>>
>>82514300
>>82514316
Well I immediately thought of Starlord. So it probably was a wink at least.
>>
>Black Panther was introduced, established to be a violence prone hot head, acknowledged his wrongs, and had actual character development in a movie with nearly a dozen other heroes.
>Meanwhile Superman stabbed a cave troll
I loved the movie but I am beyond mad at DC right now. Holy shit I just want all cape films to be good.
>>
>>82514317
>Doctor Strange will be the third in the trilogy of literally whos after Guardians and Ant-Man.

No it won't.
They have literally not established magic or what the fuck magic is in this universe, and the whole film makes no fucking sense. The trailer makes no fucking sense, and is like nothing from the MCU. It looks like inception and some other shit. It doesn't paint him as being a Sorcerer, and they balked on explaining what Wanda was doing.

HURR I DONT KNO WAT I DO BUT I DO IT
>>
>>82514223
>>82514261
>Doctor Strange is in trouble, I think
People said the exact same thing about GoG and Ant-man. I honestly don't know why people are still expecting this to happen. Law of averages? Because nothing about the performance of previous MCU films is a good basis for assuming that a new one is going to flop simply for being different.
>>
>>82514352

Wanda's powers came from the mind gem. They're cosmic in nature. Why can't you understand this?
>>
I can't think of any flaws.
Black Panther, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, they nailed these characters so much. The fact they put so much emphasis on Ant-Man and Spider-Man and shit, and really let them shine

This movie was so well done.
>>
>>82514351
Right? Theres literally no excuse for WB to be fucking up so bad. We live in a time where Ant Man,Panther, and friggin Vision have more going for them than Batman and Superman
>>
>>82513882
>On top of that, they don't ever seem to acknowledge she is actively casting spells/performing magic

Wanda doesn't cast magic. She's just a witch because she's a woman and her energy things look like magic bolts.
>>
>>82514346
Mine clapped at:
QUEENS
Vision phasing through Wanda's room
Hawkeye reveal
Giant-Man
Peter at the airport
Wakanda
Peter again

>>82514352
Wanda's powers are the result of experiments from an extraterrestrial rock. Not magic.
>>
>>82514261

>Marvel Cinematic Universe
>Following the successes of GOTG and Ant-Man
>Starring Tumblr fangirl darling and esteemed actor, Benedict Cumberbatch.
>Featuring killer special effects and fantasy elements marketed to the Harry Potter/LOTR generation.
>In the Marvel Cinematic Universe

It'll be fucking fine, stop doing this every time they take a risk.
>>
>>82514325
>MCU takes existingblack character and shows normies how cool he is

>Marvel comics will just replace Tony or someone with a random black side character to score brownie points
>>
File: Infinity_Gems.jpg (18 KB, 444x124) Image search: [Google]
Infinity_Gems.jpg
18 KB, 444x124
>>82514368
>>82514371
Doctor Strange is just a guy in an inception like movie. There's nothing wacky or crazy about it. It looks really generic and boring and odd. It's very weird looking. The fact magic hasnt' even been established as a thing in the MCU, and may or may not come from the mind gem is still not really meshing.
>>
File: 1461483843718.jpg (74 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1461483843718.jpg
74 KB, 601x601
>>82514346
Some guys at my theatre laughed when Rhodey free fall down to the ground.
>>
>>82514411
>stop doing this every time they take a risk

Seriously. They get pounded for being too "samey" already.
>>
>>82514346
The scene with The Volkswagon made everyone laugh their asses off, including me. That was funny as shit
>>
File: aint_that_a_kick_in_the_head.jpg (27 KB, 413x419) Image search: [Google]
aint_that_a_kick_in_the_head.jpg
27 KB, 413x419
>>82514346
Some fucker in my theatre yelled "ANTS". And I'm not even from an English-speaking country.

Of course, I yelled "ANTS" back, and someone yelled "ANT-MAN". Probably the first guy.

Made my theatre experience, even if it probably annoyed everyone else.
>>
>>82514351
>Black Panther was introduced, established to be a violence prone hot head, acknowledged his wrongs, and had actual character development in a movie with nearly a dozen other heroes.

Since this is technically the usual route for a first solo superhero movie foray, I wonder what the big conflict will be in his solo movie.

Given how the MCU ages in real time, he'll have had around two years to cope with his father's death and stifle the political fallout in Wakanda.
>>
>>82514422
>using existing black character and making him awesome instead of lazily raceswapping someone else

This is how diversity should be done.
>>
>>82514397
>>82514403
Well coming from the comics, where she is a powerful magic user, I am just confused.
>>
>>82514436
I love how there was yet another scene with Captain America stealing a car. Based Russos.
>>
Civil War and Dr. Strange are Feige's pet projects.
>>
File: 1462351046775.png (273 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1462351046775.png
273 KB, 600x583
>>82514432

Sons of bitches.

My theatre just had a few hushed gasps
>>
>>82514422
>Marvel comics will just replace Tony or someone with a random black side character to score brownie points

Bendis is doing just that in his new comic. Latest armour user is this 15 year old black tech girl
>>
Falcon of MURDER!
>>
Why does MCU have the most based black guys?

Rhodey, Sam, T'Challa, Trip, Mack

I don't remember any black heroes in BvS or Man of Steel, so they're probably racist

>>82514455
Gotta remember where it all began
>>
>>82514352
>>82514424
Why are you harping so hard on their not having established magic as a thing mattering? GoG introduced Marvel cosmic basically out of fucking nowhere, and that didn't matter in the slightest
>>
>>82513691
I wanna fuck Aunt May, too. We should be friends.

I felt this was an excellent movie with a very strong Tony Stark arc, who played the tragic villain very well.
>>
File: 1343527100668.gif (2 MB, 280x190) Image search: [Google]
1343527100668.gif
2 MB, 280x190
>someone didn't get thrown in a helicopter
>>
Some old ladies gasped when Tony immediately blasted Falcon down when he was like
>I'm sorry
>>
So when will Thanos actually do shit?
Strange or GotG2?
>>
>>82514453
But she was a mutant in the comics
>>
yo but real talk

[/spoiler]spider signal[/spoiler]
>>
>>82514453

They literally say it in the movie. Pay attention before you flip out.
>>
>>82514185
yes, plus
>Redwing drone
>wings acting as shields
>rockets
>>
>>82514473
Because none of them are stereotypes.
>>
>>82514485
Yeah but she still used and learned magic because she was manipulated at birth by a demon I think.
>>
File: df1.png (451 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
df1.png
451 KB, 600x528
>>82514346
>scene where Bucky wakes up restrained happens
>"your mother's name was..."
>someone in the front yells
>"Martha?"
>whole fucking theater laughs
>>
How the hell was this NOT a clusterfuck?
A cast this huge and the Russos didn't make it messy.
>>
ANT.
>>
>>82514473

They're written by capable screenwriters who have probably actually spoken to black people for more than ten minutes, which is more than can be said for most comic writers.
>>
File: iron man vs falcon.gif (493 KB, 317x175) Image search: [Google]
iron man vs falcon.gif
493 KB, 317x175
>>82514480
>>
>>82514515
Balance. Very fine balance and slow introduction with only one big action set piece in the middle.
>>
>>82514481
He's not in GotG 2, so Thor: Ragnarok is the best chance. I'm betting he shows up at the end of the movie to literally rip Asgard in half with his bare hands/power gem in front of Thor and Loki just to send a message.
>>
>>82514524
GIANT
>>
File: 1452175731075.jpg (9 KB, 289x166) Image search: [Google]
1452175731075.jpg
9 KB, 289x166
>>82514480
>>82514432
>>82514346
>>82514403
>>82514436
>my theater was packed with old and young alike
>It was dead-silent throughout. Same when I watched X-Men DOFP
>>
>>82514453
Wanda's mutant power was Hex stuff- as in upping the odds in her and her teammates favor, and making her enemies unlucky.

They then bullshit that somehow into reality warping powers on par with Pheonix, but it still not magic.
>>
File: 1462366220349s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1462366220349s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>82514530

>Blasting Steve's based wingman

This is when I realised Tony Stank was beyond saving.
>>
>>82514515
Because Based Russos

>Jim Rash cameo

We need the Bank Manager in Spider Man: Homecoming
>>
TIME TO MASTURBATE TO Tom Holland
>>
>>82514515
Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Black Panter, all of them were done so sparingly and essentially confined to one orgasmic scene. So fucking good. Left me wanting more of everything.
>>
>>82514504
I thought Dr Strange helped her because her mutant power oddly was similar but not exactly magic? Fuck this is confusing
>>
File: 1454209463997.png (23 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454209463997.png
23 KB, 557x605
>>82514437
well done anon
>>
>>82514530
Yeah, after Rhodey hit the ground the movie shifts tone a considerable amount. The theatre mood reflected that. It was a lot more sombre and heavy after it.
>>
>>82514554

Donald Glover in Black Panther
>>
>>82514549

>not magic
It's been magic for a long fucking time.

Writer Kurt Busiek redefined the Scarlet Witch's powers, and maintained that it was in fact an ability to manipulate chaos magic, activated due to the demon Chthon changing her mutation at birth into an ability to wield and control magical energy. This was offered as an explanation for her various feats that seemed to go beyond probability alteration, as well as why her hexes almost always have an effect that is favorable to her goals. During Busiek's run as well as the subsequent run by Geoff Johns, she was shown to be capable of large-scale spells given enough concentration and time to shape the chaos magic to a specific goal, including the resurrection of Wonder Man.

>I think the challenges that we faced with [Scarlet Witch] are going to be challenges that they face on Doctor Strange, as well — of trying to keep it not, you know, not wanting to necessarily go too comic-book graphic. If you want to try and give it a level of realism, you have to try and, you have to infuse that realism into that sort of graphic style.
>>
>>82514554
>Abed in Winter Soldier
>Dean Pelton in Civil War

If this is how I must get my Community fix now, so be it.
>>
>>82514064
The whole theater laughed loud during that scene.
>>
File: 1440265023722.png (522 KB, 802x777) Image search: [Google]
1440265023722.png
522 KB, 802x777
>>82514437
>>
>>82514554
>>Jim Rash cameo
Not only that but he was literally the dean.
>>
>>82514139
>>82514199

>yfw Stank's team doesn't have any cool gimmick powers
>>
>>82514581
>that explanation

Fuck, I'm old and haven't read anything with Scarlet Witch in forever.
>>
>>82513987
>>82514115
>>82514057
This is wrong. Mutant registration and the Registration Act that Civil War revolves around are two separate things. Mutant registration was already a thing at the time. The Registration Act was about all superheroes, not just mutants.
>>
>>82514584
Community hasn't been good since season 2. Which is when the Russos stopped carrying it and just directed a couple of episodes, incidentally.
>>
>>82514619
No, actually, it was about Mutants.
>>
File: batman-v-superman.jpg (201 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman.jpg
201 KB, 612x380
Man they handled the whole "superpowered people being dangerous" thing a hundred times better than BvS

BvS:
>superman is a god and that's scary!
>...
>yeah that's about all we got

Civil War
>superheroes cause destruction and people die
>but more would die without
>but we need oversight
>but oversight means agendas and not being able to help some people or stop others
>so on and so forth

BvS writers BTFO
>>
>>82514620
I just miss their faces anon.
>>
File: letrevorman.jpg (7 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
letrevorman.jpg
7 KB, 214x317
First for le crazy man of /v/ for JJJ
>>
>>82514635
BvS was just a terrible fucking movie.
>>
File: 1440265023721.png (372 KB, 630x360) Image search: [Google]
1440265023721.png
372 KB, 630x360
RIP
>>
File: 570871510_cV6N8-2100x20000.jpg (455 KB, 2100x1052) Image search: [Google]
570871510_cV6N8-2100x20000.jpg
455 KB, 2100x1052
>>82513524
Falcon game when?
>>
>>82514182
Wanda was just following whoever and is still suffering the same dilemma she was going through in AoU, Rhodes is just loyal to Tony and only sided with him just because, and Bucky's the living MacGuffin for like half the movie. Their problems are much more different.
>>
>>82514620
Season 3 was crazy but still funny as fuck and had the best episode of the entire series

Season 4 is shit, everyone knows that

Season 5 had a few great episodes with Donglover and was decent after that

Season 6 was just plain funny even with all the change
>>
>>82514638
What you miss most is the songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkkdp-HACE
>>
>>82514635
There will be plenty of time for us to discuss how much better this movie was at that plot point later, but for now can we keep the console wars to a minimum?
>>
Avengers 3 was a pretty good movie.
>>
>>82514552
Man, give Iron Man more credit. Once Zemo let him know that he'd been played, he immediately rushed to help Steve and Bucky fight the Super Soviet 5.
>>
>>82514346
Mine was when Cap kissed that chick and Bucky with Falcon chuckled.
>>
>>82514657
don't do this
>>
>>82514646
I'm just sad that the future looks grim for DC. I was really looking forward to BvS more than Civil War too.
>>
>>82514064
i loved sam and bucky's interactions.
>>
>>82514689
DC is not attempting to innovate or create. They are attempting to copy. They will never be successful if they just copy.
>>
>>82513809
a e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>82514700
They'll make their money. Justice League will make a billion easy.
>>
>>82514656
The remaining seasons weren't bad, definitely better than most of what was going around at the time (unless 30 rock still on?), but it sure as fuck wasn't early Community level, which seemed to indicate Arrested Development potential.

>>82514685
Ludwig is fucking amazing. I know he's doing something high-profile now, but I can't remember what.
>>
>>82514673

And then chimped out 5 minutes later.
>>
Some chicks yelled "oh my god" when Cap flexed his biceps while holding down the chopper.
>>
File: 1459448836099.jpg (36 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
1459448836099.jpg
36 KB, 446x299
>>82514700
Sad thing is that they got Batman great, save for him being bat of manslaughter.
>>
>>82514424
you've seen one trailer and know almost nothing about the movie and you're already bashing it.

Not sure if troll or just very stupid.
>>
>>82514530
I don't understand why people are angry at Tony right here? His best friend almost died right in front of him so of course he's going to lash out.
>>
>>82514723
It's like Iron Man's weakness is his heart or something.
>>
>>82514722
For sure, season 1 and 2 are pure gold, but the silver in the later seasons is still great
>>
>>82513691
He wasn't really needed. He lost to cap because Cap was a better fighter, but he clealry styled hard on everyone else.
>>
>>82514673
Yeah, and then he flipped his shit knowing full well that Bucky wasnt in control of his actions when he kiled his parents
>>
>>82513809
It looked fantastic. Something epic (in the literal sense) about it.
>>
File: 1462311729031.png (315 KB, 799x333) Image search: [Google]
1462311729031.png
315 KB, 799x333
>>82514727
>>
>>82514655
Rhodes was responsible in the sense that he didn't blame Tony or Vision for his maiming since it was his call, but he's still going to support the Accords by his own volition. Bucky realised that he needs to deprogram his HYDRA brainwashing before he's allowed to walk the streets, and Wanda decides not to be afraid of her powers anymore.
>>
File: 1354209435012.gif (968 KB, 380x262) Image search: [Google]
1354209435012.gif
968 KB, 380x262
>Spider-Man vs. Ant-Man
>Oh, please, pull an AT-AT takedown
>They do, and reference it
>>
>>82513786
Most of the quips were by Spider-Man anyway.
>>
>>82514437
when Cap finally kissed Sharon, I shouted "Murrika!" in my best Texas accent. I got a few laughs.
>>
SPIDER-MAN OP PLZ NERF
>>
>>82514717
Not if it gets shit reviews like BvS.
>>
>>82514727
and they said capes don't do enough fanservice for women and gay guys
>>
>>82514710
>>82514717
I feel like DC is reactive rather than innovative. They just look at the popular shit and go "alright now how do we repackage this?"
>>
>>82513786
The quips/bantz/whatever worked because they weren't fighting to stop the end of the world. It was friends fighting friends.
>>
>>82514717
Yes, the people who flocked to make BvS featuring WW a billion dollar movie will rush to see Cyborg and Aquaman on the silver screen!
>>
>>82514475
Because of THOR.

>It's not magic it's just really advanced technology
>>
>>82514752
I don't know why, but that entire bit just seemed SUPERMAN as fuck to me.
>>
>>82514756
What was YFW Spidey asked about the Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>82513772
Anthony Mackie is a funny guy, so I'm quite surprised how Sam has this commanding presence in this movie. He seemed like a legit 2nd-in-command to Cap especially from the middle of the airport fight all the way to the RAFT.
>>
>>82514782
They see Marvel making money so they do the same. It's how the movie industry works. See how we've gotten so many dark and gritty reboots since The Dark Knight made over a billion dollars.
>>
>>82514769
Vision and Wanda are the true OPs, good thing the movie was smart enough to make them battle each other
>>
File: 1462361634411 (1).jpg (88 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
1462361634411 (1).jpg
88 KB, 672x960
>>82514804
MFW was:

DISNEY OWNS MARVEL AND STAR WARS LOL
>>
>>82514756
first thing that came into mind for me was actually pic related
>>
>>82514749
>>82514723
You gotta wonder if he was doing it out of blind anger or if he was consciously going after Bucky to hurt Steve for lying to him for nearly two years.

>>82514769
His villains are even more OP than he. Peter needs all the help he can get.
>>
File: 1447813335188.jpg (52 KB, 377x566) Image search: [Google]
1447813335188.jpg
52 KB, 377x566
>>82514803
Marvel does Superman better than DC

Captain America is my Superman
>>
>>82513852
I like the distinction between being BP and being King of Wakanda, and how that'll clearly come to head in his movie.
>>
>>82514811
Is that picture the embodiment of Reddit?
>>
>>82513825
I wanna see Pym and Cap in a room now.

He probably had to approve of Scott taking the suit, but I imagine he said yes the instant he heard it would piss off Tony Stark.

Fuck, now we gotta see Pym and Stark together.
>>
File: 1462369694952.png (213 KB, 799x333) Image search: [Google]
1462369694952.png
213 KB, 799x333
>>82514803
someone photoshop the symbol of hope on his shirt.
>>
>>82514346
>people clapping in movie theatres

FUCKING AMERICUNTS
>>
File: 1462068156126.jpg (99 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1462068156126.jpg
99 KB, 500x650
>>82513470
Huh.
So that's what it looks like when invoking a parent's death to elicit an emotional response is done properly. Neat.
>>
>>82513772
A one-arm riot shield that can shoot missiles.
>>
>>82514727
SPLOOSH!
>>
File: 1460905830260.png (182 KB, 535x466) Image search: [Google]
1460905830260.png
182 KB, 535x466
AYO HOL UP , how come Cap didn't even mention Rhodey on his love letter to Stark?
Technically speaking his indirectly responsible for Rhodeys accident.
>inb4 he doesn't know
>>
I need a drawfag to make a cap bucky falcon road trip image
>>
File: e42.png (146 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
e42.png
146 KB, 356x256
"That shield doesn't belong to you"
>>
File: 1430754401933.jpg (27 KB, 313x252) Image search: [Google]
1430754401933.jpg
27 KB, 313x252
>yfw "Did it?"
>>
>>82514842
25 YEARS!!!
>>
>>82514833
o shit waddup
>>
There were a few moments when BP was fighting Bucky and he did something to his metal arm, I'm not sure what it was. Looked like he was bending it or something? Did anyone else see this?

>>82514842
Partially because it had the opposite effect as BvS so it made more sense
>>
>>82514669
This isn't about DC. It's about Warner Bros. being really really bad at film making, because they don't seem to understand how to let creators create and take their hands off the wheel
>>
>>82513470
Hey does anybody got that pic of Tony going "WHY DID YOU SAY JAMES?"
>>
>Clint holding Wanda hand during her escape
:3
>>
File: 1459956933572.jpg (57 KB, 1260x684) Image search: [Google]
1459956933572.jpg
57 KB, 1260x684
>>82514836
>scene where Pym and Stark talk face to face
>serious shit going down
>mild threats being made
>scene where juan punch man was spying on the two and retells the encounter to Scott
>>
>>82514885
His fathers ring does some magnetic shit. I think it's implied that Bucky's arm was vibranium.
>>
File: guy.gif (970 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
guy.gif
970 KB, 200x133
>>82514855
>>82514858
>>
>>82514436

One of my favorite bits
>>
File: 1462369694952.png (250 KB, 799x333) Image search: [Google]
1462369694952.png
250 KB, 799x333
>>82514839
Done
>>
>>82513470
But can he beat Eminem in a rap battle now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2hiFbuQ-Qw
>>
>>82514888
I know that man. I just don't want Snyderfags shitting up the first reaction thread I dropped into.
>>
>>82514805
Conversely, Rhodey is the calmer influence on Tony. It's a good parallel. I like how both the air-force black sidekicks were arguing even before their respective senpai's voiced their opinions.

Details like that make a huge fucking difference in characterization, and the Russos surgically make the right call on these kind of details every time. Everything is so clear in their movies, and even the things they aren't particularly great at (CGI integration, making music stand out) start to become meaningless because of your engagement. Heck, I could see them directing a dialogue based Avengers movie without a single action beat and making it compelling to watch.
>>
As a guy who knows very little about Black Panther, how would you adapt M'Baku The Man Ape for a Black Panther movie?
>>
>>82514888
>This isn't about DC. It's about Warner Bros. being really really bad at film making, because they don't seem to understand how to let creators create and take their hands off the wheel

That was WB's problem with Green Lantern.
They learned their lesson with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, only they also decided to trust an absolute fucking retard with said wheel.
>>
>>82514211
Until the next Avengers movie comes around and we get basically a revamped version of the return of Shield by way of the return of the Avengers, possibly backed by the Wakandan military.

I'm planning on commissioning someone to draw me smirking next to him and showing him video of said event. "How does it feel knowing that it really WAs all for nothing? And that you're a pathetic hypocrite?"
>>
>>82514917
Red Skull pls
>>
File: x354-q80.jpg (17 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
x354-q80.jpg
17 KB, 354x354
>>82514924
>The Man-Ape gained superhuman powers by consuming the flesh of a sacred white gorilla and bathing in white gorilla blood, enchanting him through the mystical transference of the abilities of the rare Wakandan white gorilla. M'Baku's mystically augmented powers include superhuman strength, speed, agility, stamina and durability equal to that of the mystical Wakandan white gorilla.

>that stupid fucking shit
>>
>>82513825
I'm guessing he would respect Cap for what he does but not be a fan of him being so iconic

Original Ant-Man was a stealth thing and he seemed like he regretted doing it a bit

>>82514904
Yeah I thought they were going for something like that but never followed up on it
>>
>>82514922
>making music stand out

there were really good tracks for panther and spidey
>>
>>82514836
>Scott: I mean, I don't like the guy that much either, but give Iron Man a little more credit; he risked his life to stop a nuke from hitting the States, just like you.
>Hank: He also created a psychotic maniac that nearly destroyed the world with misused technology! I sure as hell never did anything like that!
>Scott looks sideways at a picture of Hank and Cross smiling
>Hank strides over to it and slams it facedown on the table
>>
>>82514411
I thought the effects were way closer to Inception, least the teaser.
>>
>>82514928
I really hope there was a guy on set who just stopped whatever job he was doing and shouted "THE FUCK ARE WE DOING PEOPLE?"
>>
>>82514587
It was certainly lively in the theater I went to as well despite it being early on a weekday afternoon at half-capacity. Lots of chuckles and giggling at
>Spiderman's quips
>Antman's quips (You're speaking to your conscience)
>Falcon's quips

But during the last part where Ironman and Cap almost kill each other, the theater became silent and serious. That part was really painful to watch.
>>
>>82514211
>spoiler

I can see it now. Tony, while trying to trace more of the remnants of HYDRA comes across files about the Winter Soldier initiative. He learns about how Bucky Barnes was a shell, his personality overwritten by that of the Winter Solider. He sees video of Bucky trying to escape, to fight back, and slowly being turned into something that just isn't him. And as he learns about the kind of conditioning they put him through, he takes a look at the prototype for his machine.
>>
>>82514964

Even better for comic fans who get to snort over the Ultron thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8
>>
>>82514971
>Your conscience scene

I was almost in tears at that scene.
>>
>>82514944
So yeah my question stands given the material we're fucking dealing with
>>
>>82514268
It helps that this movie had two writers and two directors while Whedon thought he could do all of that by himself.
>>
>>82514955
Yeah, but they always put the songs on too low a volume. They did the same thing on Star Wars. I left the theatre thinking there were no original songs, because they always put the original ones on 11 and the new ones (like Rey's theme, which is fucking beautiful) were always lower than the dialoge.

That said, I love the main Civil War theme. It's a bit cliched, but it fit very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyiS1nXlqJE

I think it should've been louder and more of a needle-drop. Might just be preference, though.
>>
>>82514411
Sorry, the trailer looked really confusing and off the wall stupid. The effects were like Inception and Interstellar shit and without understanding the comics you have no clue who the guy is and that he is a Sorcerer of actual magic spells.

It's going to flop.

Guardians of the Galaxy looked crazy and fun. Doctor Strange doesn't.
>>
>>82514316
Eh, it's dark comedy GotG with crazier shit going on. I'm still looking forward to it, if only for the visuals.
>>
I have to say I kinda smiled when I noticed Rhodey and Sam talking to each other. Black sidekicks man
>>
>>82514924
I would do him like Zemo
>>
>>82514903
>Pym hated Howard Stark
>the twist being that he thought Obadiah Stane was an all right guy.
>>
>>82514524
>1/6 scale
Not "Possible 1:1 scale"
>>
>>82515013

This happens literally every time.

When will you people tire of being wrong?
>>
Civil War Bests Top 5

1. Spider-Man
2. Ant-Man
3. Black Panther
4. Vision
5. Falcon
>>
Did Spider-Man's spider sense go off at that door? He made a noise like "woah" and ducked something coming from behind him.

It was really brief.
>>
>>82515003
>>82514971
>Your conscience scene

Tony: Not buying it. You don't sound a thing like my ex-girlfriend.
>>
>>82515023
>He wears a white suit made from a gorilla
>>
File: 13077.jpg (20 KB, 484x308) Image search: [Google]
13077.jpg
20 KB, 484x308
Saw it over a week ago so things are a bit hazy
Why did Zemo call the maid to deliver breakfast to his room if he wasn't there? Only so she could discover the dead doctor? Why?
Also was the real doctor supposed to look like both Russos combined? Heh

Anyway, it was fucking solid. 8/10. Not as good as TWS but still superior to both Avengers movies. Based Russos + Markus and McFeely. Can't wait to see them deliver on Thanos.
>>
>>82514924
Tarzan
>>
Do you think Zemo's hypocricy will be brought up to him in future films?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.