[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that this is the best super hero fight in any film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
Reminder that this is the best super hero fight in any film every made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0

Try to debate if you want.
>>
I just never liked how Doc Ock repeatedly gets punched in the face by Spider-Man and isn't fazed. It's the arms that have super-strength, he's just a regular guy.
>>
Glad i dont have shit taste and Im not stupid enough to try to change what some lonely faggot thinks about this. Enjoy your reply.
>>
>>82512200
There were shots where we were meant to see Doc Ock start to black out from the blows spidey dishes out
>>
How does doc throw spider-man through the gaps in the bridge, pass him, and have spider-man magically gain speed midair to catch back up?
Sorry, my autism just spoke.
>>
>>82512370
Throw, not through
>>
The fight is great, but I think the scene of Spider-Man actually stopping the train is easily one of the strongest moments in the character's entire history.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

I like this more, because it feels more brutal and the hits have weight to them.
>>
>>82512129

The CGI is dated as hell, and the choreography lacks in agility and creativity.
It's fun to watch, but there's nothing really visually compelling.

>>82512766

It's superman shit. And Tobey's face is just awkward. No to mention the "Good new yorkers' trope right after.
>>
>>82513100

Well, it saddens me that the best bits were left out. The extended bits are awesome.
>>
Raimifags are the fucking worst.
>>
>>82512129
>EPIC!
>>
So why was Ock robbing a bank in that earlier scene anyway? He just wanted the expensive metal for his experiment, right?

Was he going to give the money to Harry Osborn?
>>
>>82513512
Because villains robbing banks is a classic thing to do.
>>
>>82513303
>complains about the old movies
>has a hot dude in the remake

nice try faggot, that mega-douche is staler than a 2x4
>>
>>82512200
spidey doesn't punch with his super strength into normal human
>>
>>82513512
>Not robbing a bank with your new bullet proof robot arms
what are you gay
>>
>>82513570
This. Spiderman holds back like crazy when fighting normal people(well, "normal").

I remember in Superior Spiderman when SpOck lost his cool and full-out punched someone and took the entire lower half of his face off.
>>
>>82512814
Who's Dontel?
>>
>>82513100
>>82513303
>it's not by Disney so it sucks
>>
>>82512129
Before Winter soldier and Civil war you would be totally right, its still a great scene, but there are instances of better fights.
>>
Haven't seen Civil War yet.
Hope the hero vs. hero fights top this scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDpSDM-sRmo
>>
>>82512129
It's a PERFECT text book example of what PEOPLE don't want.

>Not enough punching.
>Not enough destruction.
>Too much emotion.
>>
>>82512129
Hahah lmao no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3GnJStVEw
>>
>>82517881
Graphics is outdated and lack of credibility of the CG models, but it's a great scene.
>>
>>82512129
What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg
>>
>>82513570

Then why punch at all?
>>
>>82521959
Because webbing is expensive.
>>
File: 1445346837047.jpg (64 KB, 680x1047) Image search: [Google]
1445346837047.jpg
64 KB, 680x1047
>>82518453
I wouldn't exactly call Neo a super hero but this scene was fucking bananas

I think because of all the parodies and because of the one-upmanship that Reloaded and Revolutions suffered from, we sometimes forget how cool, well-conceptualised and well-choreographed the stuff in the original Matrix was

yfw at the end and Neo fucking flies; cut to credits
>>
Spider-Man's such a physical character, something that's bothered me about all his films so far (I haven't seen Civil War yet), is just how stark a difference there is between the shots where it's the clumsy human actor maybe doing some half-assed punching or something, and the shots that are fully CGI where every movement is almost balletic and so direct in its purpose, not to mention like, at least three times as extreme.

It's such a problem with CGI fights in superhero movies, you'd think over the past decade they would have put more effort into trying to get it a bit more seamless, but at times it looks like the opposite of that.
>>
>>82522086
...COME ON
>>
>>82520770
I love the treatment of Black Widow in this scene. She has a go at him, but is clearly outclassed. I wonder how such a fight would have gone down in a Whedon movie.
>>
File: Bucky.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Bucky.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>82520770
>eye watching the knife
It's so great.
>>
Nah. This is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg

Though the Iron Man v Cap v Bucky fight tops it.
>>
>>82512200
Well if those arms control his mind through his nervous system they might be able to lessen physical trauma.
>>
>>82513512
Probably for money to spend on a hideout and some goons to protect his experiment.
>>
>>82512200

I feel like I'm the only one, I FUCKING HATE that about this fight
>>
>>82520770
The music (or should I say lack of music) is so fucking good
>>
>>82512129
1. it's subjective, so no
2.that's also the only good fight in the Raimi movies, soooo....
>>
>>82522372
>might be able to lessen physical trauma.
Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow addressed this, Luthor's neck and spine pack up after a swift blow from, he bites it and Brainiac tries to pilot his body but the thing is unless the machine doing the mind control is performing instantaneous repairs on the organism the human should be a sack of immobile flesh once internal bleeding, organ failure and ultimately cell death kick in.

So the problem with the Ock fight for me doesn't start with the possibility of Peter holding back since he knows Ock and he doesn't want to just kill this one dude for no reason if he can avoid it, that's all well and good, no the problem starts when he's supposedly still holding back after Ock threatens Aunt May. There is a lengthy deliberate scene of this with Ock even mocking Peter and yet his only real reaction is to fight a little bit harder.

That was when my suspension of disbelief even in this fictional setting could not hold and it was basically just a punch out scene for the sake of it. In virtually all material once someone goes after Peter's close family cocooned bodies show up in the morgue.
End of story. When Norman did it in the first movie it could be excused by Peter not knowing the stakes but by this point he just seemed too reserved. Yes, I know that would seem a point of irony given all the MoS criticism but it's two different scenes. That random family in MoS seemed to just want to be vaporized until Superman broke this dude's neck while Aunt May is an old woman with no choice other than to be threatened. At which point Peter should have tore Otto's limbs off.

Also despite the other oddities in the movie and how short the scene was I liked the dynamic of the Neo Goblin fight. Harry seemed literally fucking possessed on killing Peter.
>>
>>82512129

You know, a thing that always made me wince when it came to Spiderman.

He's just wearing spandex. He had to fight dudes like Ock or the Goblin, who had lethal weapons. Goblin, for instance, was wearing power armor/a cut-rate Kamen Rider costume. Punching him would fucking hurt.

Being hit by his shit would hurt even more.

I think this movie had the best depiction of Doctor Octopus of all time, however.
>>
>>82522092

Well clearly the new Spider-Man is all CGI so there's no jarring cuts. There's no actor there.
>>
>>82522519
>lack of music
Are you a retard
>>
>>82522318
>Iron Man v Cap v Bucky
Boring as hell
>>
>>82516115
you'll be in for a few good surprises

especially if you want more ANTS
>>
>>82518453
>that music
>that locale
>that natural use of super powers
>that choreography with barely any shaky cam
>that build up to each failure of the fight
>that ending
>all of this leading into this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYwdzYC3uUc
Literally the best superhero and Campbell hero movie ever created
>>
>>82512129
Warehouse scene in BvS is the best and you know it.
>>
>>82522318
I love the choreography in the knife fight

I didn't watch the movie when it came out bc I ddin't really like cap1, but when I watched WS before AoU it just blew my mind
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.