[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think either Disney or Pixar could make good movies based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 1920x1080
Do you think either Disney or Pixar could make good movies based of Nintendo's IP's?
>>
>>82511139
Only if I wrote them.
>>
>>82511139
i dont think disney or pixar could make good movies based off of existing IPs period
>>
No, not even nintendo can make good stuff out of their own IP
>>
Most Disney franchises wouldn't make good movies at all. They're typically very gameplay-focused, and their stories aren't really able to stand on their own as a feature film without drastic cuts and changes.
>>
>>82511278
>Most Disney franchises
Hurr.

I mean Nintendo franchises, of course.
>>
No because making movies bassed on video game series has been an absolute failure on every level. They have proven themselves to be *consistantly* inferior and the fact that most gamers still decide to hopelessly hype themselves up for these things only goes to show how utterly deluded they truly are..
>>
Yes, if they focus on making a good story first and foremost

No, if they try to pander to vidya nerds who will bitch and moan if they do something as simple as have Link speak
>>
>>82511347
Yeah, but WHY are they failures?

Because they don't bother to try and write a decent story because they know they can coast on people seeing it based on brand recognition only.

Couple that with the fact that gamers don't ANY deviation from source material, even if the source material has almost no story to begin with, and of course they're always going to complain and the movies end up sucking
>>
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 917x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 917x715
>>82511468
Yeah, that's the common thing with video game movies (recently with the Ratchet & Clank movie) is that they try to appeal to the common movie goers and fans, and end alienating both sides of the spectrum. It's true that video game movies need a lot of thought put into them in order to be good.
>>
Pixi bump
>>
File: 1453671315112.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1453671315112.webm
3 MB, 720x480
Nintendo already has a top notch animation department
I wish they'd do more with it
>>
>>82511139
>the Mario is an I
Mind blown
>>
Maybe.

Just don't let Nintendo themselves do it. I don't trust them anymore.
>>
>>82511139
The thought of Mario's bristly moustache being animated by Pixar makes me smile.
>>
File: 1461195933302.jpg (98 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
1461195933302.jpg
98 KB, 640x359
I would like to see more of their Star Fox anime, there's that.
>>
File: OldTaleSpinDesign.jpg (238 KB, 962x664) Image search: [Google]
OldTaleSpinDesign.jpg
238 KB, 962x664
>>82512808
Because I know Pixar is going to add in some Easter eggs and references.
>>
File: 1462141951981.jpg (507 KB, 1500x1002) Image search: [Google]
1462141951981.jpg
507 KB, 1500x1002
>>82512841
Oh, and a few references to another property...
>>
Not any of their main IPs. I could see a good Dillon's Rolling Western movie being made, for example, but Mario would be a travesty. I could also see Pikmin working well.

I could see decent season-long shows (finished plot-lines, think Netflix Originals shit) being made from Zelda, Metroid, or Star Fox.They'd have a bit more room to breathe, show off the scenery a bit more, etc.

If you want to adapt Mario, I will point you toward what Disney is doing with Micky Mouse right now. Anything more intense or serious wouldn't work.
>>
>>82512695
Hey this is adorable as fuck.
>>
>>82514997
I don't know why people keep asking or a Zelda movie/tv show. The story's not deep at all. There's a lot of mythology which is great, but the individual arcs/characters aren't very compelling.
>>
File: 1432541610963.png (2 MB, 1434x1034) Image search: [Google]
1432541610963.png
2 MB, 1434x1034
>>82511139
I feel like MOTHER might work being a series so heavely inspired by western ideals and culture. I feel like Nintendo has the iconic characters but that execution would probably fail. Its probably would fail being able to capture that sweetspot of appealing to the old fans while still being inviting to those not as familar with a series.
>>
>>82511278
This.
A movie based on any of their games sounds like the most boring waste of 90 minutes ever and I say this as someone who likes their games.
>>
>>82515137
sure but it has plenty of potential
>>
Both are too greedy to actually work together or let the other use their IP without their full control. That's why Mario or Zelda weren't in WiR
>>
>>82511847
>>82511468
>we will never have a good Deus Ex movie

what a shame
>>
>>82517696
Metal Gear could be a badass movie. God of War could be your american 80s~90s action movie with the muscle guy killing everybody except instead of using guns he uses blades.
>>
>>82512808
https://youtu.be/cN0flaDk7j0
>>
>>82512695
Japan game industry have great animation. If you add up the all the cutscenes of some RPGs you have enough quality animation time to make a movie but for some reason their CG movies seems to be a generation latter. I guess it isn't as profitable as games and their animation industry is dominated by 2D so their 3D animation industry stays with the scraps...
>>
>>82511139
I think Disney or Pixar shouldn't make a Zelda movie.
Studio Ghibli should do it.
Xenoblade could also be a Ghibli movie.
Fire Emblem should be an anime series probably by Production I.G.
MOTHER would be either a CGI film by Pixar or a hand-drawn movie by Studio Ghibli.
I think Disney and/or Pixar would find Metroid too adult so I think it will also be an anime series by probably Studio Trigger.
I don't know about Mario or most of the other ones.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.