[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The sorry state of Gideon Gleeful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: S1e11_gideon_holding_dolls.png (517 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
S1e11_gideon_holding_dolls.png
517 KB, 1280x718
I'm still on the fence as to why Alex booked Gideon to be a babyface near the series finale but looking back on it I guess it didn't matter that badly since he obviously couldn't stop Cipher and Cipher would have probably betrayed him anyway.

There is also no point for his world domination scheme anymore since Dipper has all 3 journals and the only person smarter than him is Ford.
>>
>>82510020

I wish there was a season 3, for this character to have more development. He barely had any screen time in season 2.
>>
>>82510097

I'm guessing Cipher was desperate for his help even tho he failed to satisfy Gideon the first time.
>>
>>82510020
I thought was only interested in ruling Gravity Falls?
>>
>>82510471

Why stop there? With the power of the 3 Journals he could do anything...
>>
>>82510020
>Gideon

Who?

Oh, right.

Probably in the vague ideas for a 3-season series he was actually supposed to have a proper redemption arc not that 30-second "I just tried to kill this girl but now love is the answer" bullshit. Another thing that had to be truncated.
>>
>>82510774

Cipher also had a retarded motivation in wanting to take over the 3-dimensional world. He was...BORED
>>
If they do the superfluous season 3 it should be about the brothers Stan off on their old man boat adventures with cross dimensional shit thrown in once they get to the source of the "residual energy" or whatever Ford was talking about at the end of season 2
>>
At the end he was just another plot device with a rushed "redemption"
>>
>>82511001

Or they can just make a comic about it

Season 3 needs to be about Time Baby
>>
File: More sandwiches darling.png (58 KB, 185x277) Image search: [Google]
More sandwiches darling.png
58 KB, 185x277
>>82511088

>Padippica fans still on suicide watch

I would have much preferred Pacifica maintained her bitch persona but was trying to bribe Dipper to love her

Mr and Mrs Northwest did nothing wrong the people of Gravity Falls are fucking awful people.

They also should have done more shit with the Blind Eye Society
>>
How sad is it that the plots and characters could be easily picked apart after wards? Season 2B collapsed entirely.
>>
>Blind Eye Society
>Northwest family
>Presidental key
>Shiftshaping monster comments

How many other plotholes still were around at the end?
>>
>>82511191
Mabel handing the rift being totally ignored.
>>
Dipper wrapped in a cocoon and getting hypnotized
>>
>>82510994

Yes, or...something? I guess. They never went into it. Bill had a five second "oh I'm from the book Flatland and I believe myself to be in the right because I liberate you all from society's restrictive rules blah blah" shit speech but it was garbled and rushed as hell.

There were a lot of little things I personally found crappy like, Gideon just broke a deal with Bill I guess, and I guess nothing happens? Bill tortures him but he's doing that to everyone, I thought breaking a Helldeal would mean some actual consequences for Gideon or anyone

What purpose Gideon was ever really serving and the whole deal with the bubble didn't really make sense either, Gideon's job was to protect the bubble, but the bubble didn't serve a clear purpose, you can say "it was so mabel couldn't be on the wheel" but that's fan fuckery it wasn't made clear at all in the episode (even if the writers say that's why eventually way after the fact) or why Bill didn't bother to kill the wheel people if it was his big weakness, just a lot of little things.

I don't think 2B was "FUCKING SHIT 0/10 WORST FUCKING SHOW EVER" or even that there was anything really "wrong" with it, but yeah, lots of little things didn't quite feel tied off to me
>>
Was it rape?
>>
>>82511191

Mermando refusing to marry his dugong wife, and both twins fighting an underwater war between mermaids and dugongs. While in the process of rescuing Mermando's castle and Mermando.
>>
>>82511591
ya'know it actually was looking back at it, it was
>>
>>82510020
I never watched the show past a few S1 episodes but they way you're describing it makes me think of Miz's face turn.
Was it that bad?
>>
>>82511701

That's not a plothole.
>>
File: My face when disappointed.jpg (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
My face when disappointed.jpg
50 KB, 300x300
>>82511591

Don't think about it to hard.
>>
Didn't someone have a Google Doc that listed all of the plotholes that were not resolved?

>Dipper's name
>Shape shifting creature's message
>Blind Eye Society
>Presidental Key never being used
>Northwest family's involvement
>UFO
>>
>>82510020

Alex will always be a hack.
>>
CRACK THEORIES THREAD

Alex will continue Gravity falls in 2017, five years from the originail show where Dipper and Mabel are 18-year olds
>>
>>82511961
good now they can fuck each other
>>
>>82511961
I highly doubt that Alex will ever work with the mouse again. He's made some comments where it makes sense why he left.
>>
>>82512019
Anon, no.

>>82512178
such as?
>>
>>82512492
Poor working conditions such as rushing production only to have the staggering release schedule.

Lack of merchandise until the show was nearly finished.

Lack of commercialization where the show only aired on Disney XD and the Mouse used that ratings information to say that the show was "getting by" but not doing wonders.
>>
>>82511152
>Mr and Mrs Northwest did nothing wrong the people of Gravity Falls are fucking awful people.
Holy fucking christ they just went from being obscenely rich to very rich. I'm fucking amazed that /co/ is still shitting their pants over this, like it's the most horrifying punishment imaginable for someone to go from a billionaire to a mere multi millionaire.
>>
>>82512492

Anon, yes. Pinecest is love, Pinecest is life.
>>
>>82510774
That is honestly such a bullshit reason to not be a dick anymore. I honestly felt that his interactions with the prisoners being much more interesting route to redemption.
>>
>>82512572
Disney is shit to work for and it's amazing that anyone who works for them ever manages to get anything done. Their executives and business department are the lowest type of incompetent human filth only where they are because of blatant nepotism. They coast on how massive the company is and how much it controls and the brand name alone not on ever doing anything right.
>>
>>82511164

You unironically loved Roadside Attraction don't lie to us anon.
>>
>>82511744

Gideon's dad was a member of the blind eye but absolutely nothing foreshadowed this.
>>
>>82512594

You don't understand anon. Pacifica only has 1 pony

That's awful!
>>
>>82510020
Fucking hack.
>>
>tfw we never got to see Pacifica or Tambry's bare feet
>>
>>82511838
>Shape shifting creature's message
i'm pretty sure that was indirectly already covered
>>
>>82511305
Seconded
>>
>>82510994
Nah Bill wanted freedom but took it to the extreme.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.