[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I read the first 250 issues of Iron Man. You guys said that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
So I read the first 250 issues of Iron Man. You guys said that it's one of the weaker Marvel comics but it's been fucking great so far (also, very cool rogues gallery). And this is my first Marvel comic ever (I'm mostly a DCfan).

Should I pick Ultimate Iron Man? I heard it's pretty good.
>>
Keep going on Iron Man, the John Byrne written issues are fantastic
>>
>>82508417
>Painted on armor

To this day, it will always be a bit of a pet peeve of mine whenever I see that, especially when it's meant to be an iron suit of armor and not some medieval chain-armor or something.

I mean, I understand why they went with it back in the early days, but it will always look a bit dumb to me. He's suppose to be wearing armor, not a zero suit.
>>
>>82508536
Gotta make sure your armor shows off your super huge biceps.
>>
File: im55_6-7.jpg (218 KB, 974x694) Image search: [Google]
im55_6-7.jpg
218 KB, 974x694
>>82508536
The yellow parts aren't armor, just the red parts. I don't think he got a full armor suit until Ellis
>>
>>82508536
Bob Layton's theory on the armor is that the more advanced it get the less it should look like a bulky metal type-thing. Like the ultimate evolution of the armor would look something like the Silver Surfer.
>>
>>82509398
That makes sense but the evolution of IM's armor straight up goes against that.
>>
>>82509440
It WAS going in that direction up until the Silver Centurion.
>>
>>82509646
But the Silver Centurion is such a GOAT armor.
>>
File: reed rekt by iron tony.png (700 KB, 630x489) Image search: [Google]
reed rekt by iron tony.png
700 KB, 630x489
>>82508417
>Ultimate Iron Man? I heard it's pretty good.

The book itself was crap but he was great in other stories in the Ultimate universe
>>
>>82508417
Early Iron Man is the tits. Only neo/co/ hates it.
>>
>>82508666
The idea was that it was some kind of metallic fabric that turned to armor once a current connected to it
>>
I've been slowly reading all of marvel chronologically, I don't read everything just what interests me, and iron man is probably what I've read the least of. The villains are shit, the characters are uninteresting, I just don't care. I like even Daredevil more and I don't care much about him.

The only books I've read all of are Spider-Man and FF, everything else I just skim/read if there's a cool villain, though I am thinking of going back and reading large blocks of Thor and Dr. Strange.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.