[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fapping to Raven and Star aside, does this actually hold up for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: latest-1.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Fapping to Raven and Star aside, does this actually hold up for any of you?
>>
>fapping to underage girls aside
I hope you die in a fire.
>>
The early parts of the series feel like a slog to go through. I'm guessing they're trying to find their footing, but so far it's pretty meh.
>>
Weebshit, inferior to the source material and inferior to YJ and legion
>>
I grew up loving this, an i maintain that it is superior to 99 percent of the shit that is on air today.
>>
>>82507686
They were older than a lot of us when it came out.
>>
>>82507654
Zone has replaced most of my original memories of this show
>>
>>82507654
Extremely hit or miss. Some episodes hold up spectacularly, while others are pretty garbage. Most of them are just forgettable though.
>>
I don't understand why /co/ despises Powerpuff Girls and loves TTG when they're essentially the same shitty show.
>>
>>82507755

it is inferior to source material, i wont dispute that, though i do love it dearly, if i hadn't seen this i never would have gone back and read the source material.
>>
>>82507896
Because there's no memes or any SJW stuff? From what I've heard new PPG is full of it.
Also
>loves TTG
Yeah, no
>>
For me, some of it holds up well.

The Raven and Cyborg stuff holds up well as the whole am I a person or am I a monster thing is always good for some solid drama. Also both characters are funny almost all the time but for different reasons and in different ways. They also had in my opinion the best season focused storylines in Cyborg vs Brother Blood and Raven's Trigon story.

I was surprised rewatching it how much I enjoyed Robin episodes post-season 1. From the more comedic fare like his date with Kitty to the very well done "Slade" returns episode, Robin works as the leader of the team in almost every situation.

Then we get to the weak links.Everybody on the show has their runs as comic relief but Beast Boy takes up that mantle way too often. I doesn't help that when compared to Cyborg and raven his jokes just aren't very funny. Not to mention the only times he's interesting in the dramatic episodes is when Terra is involved, making The opening and concluding storylines of season 5 a chore. Although the episodes about Madame Rouge and Hotspot are really good.

Starfire. Sweet, boring, annoying Starfire. She only works for me as a side character in other peoples episodes. Any time there's one about her, it was always a drag as her whole naive schtick just doesn't interest me. The only good episode for her is the season 1 episode with Blackfire and that has less to do with her and more to do with the Teen Titans actually going out to party in their downtime. Let's just say, i can see why she never got a season long story to herself.
>>
>>82507654
The continuity and the character building was great, and totally holds up.
Unfortunately, the "teen" part is pretty bland and generic "oh those crazy kids!" Type of stuff. If TTG improved on anything, it's that aspect.
>>
The music was decent. Most of the show's arcs were pretty good. The one-off episodes in the later seasons were OK, and while the early ones were episodes were generally weak, they laid the seeds for some interesting stuff down the line.

It still holds up, but the novelty's gone, so the roughness of the first season and a half sticks out more than it did at the time (but even back then people thought it had a rough start).
>>
>>82507654

As an adult first time viewer with no nostalgic connection to the show, I find most of the episodes just okay with the occasional great and bad episode. I've seen three seasons (39 episodes) and I would consider rewatching maybe 7 or 8.
>>
>>82507654
The Apprentice and Haunted are truly stellar episodes imo.
>>
>>82507654
>Censored for kiddies
>Weebshit
>Not part of the DCAU

It really doesn't hold up at all.
>>
>>82507974
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIj7tZhaNs
>>
>>82510634

>Nevermore
>Apprentice (both parts)
>How Long Is Forever
>Terra
>Titan Rising
>Betrayal
>Aftershock (both parts)
>Haunted

The great episodes from the first three seasons.
>>
>>82507686
kek. What a faggot
>>
File: 635.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
635.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
Slade episodes still hold up; giving Ron Perlman the best lines will do that.
>>
MUH ANIME DC

It's sad when Teen Titans Go has more in tone with the original Teen Titans comic.
>>
It's weird I never noticed the anime style this show had as a kid. It's so glaringly apparent now as an adult lol.
>>
File: 1353953314133.png (650 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1353953314133.png
650 KB, 720x540
>>82507686
>2016 year of our Lord
>being a fag
>>
>>82510684
>Not part of the DCAU
This is a bad thing, how?
>>
>>82511344
>TTG
>more in line with the original comics
How?
>>
>>82511344
Not really, the Teen Titans cartoon in terms of tone is a lot closer to Young Justice.
>>
>>82512157
>Teen Titans is a good Young Justice cartoon.
>Young Justice is a good Teen Titans cartoon.
How did I notice this.
>>
>>82512274
*How did I not notice this
>>
>fapping to Raven and Star
>not the idea of Slade being my daddy
nigga please do you even middle school
>>
File: 34652457780.jpg (102 KB, 776x720) Image search: [Google]
34652457780.jpg
102 KB, 776x720
>>82507813
which episode was this?
>>
I just watched the episode with the Hive Five as if they were the main cast instead of the Teen Titans, and the final episode of the show where Terra pretends not to know Beast Boy. They both held up remarkably well. Probably not as emotional or original as the binge watch I did years ago, but they held up quite nicely as I never actually watched the show when I was a kid.

Only time I watched Teen Titans, Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo was when we were in a motel and I got to watch cable. Looking at these shows now they still hold up remarkably well. Teen Titans can be extremely hit or miss sometimes, but the majority of its episodes are good.
>>
>>82507654
Does it count if first time I watched it was like 4 hours ago and I had no emotional attachment and nostalgia goggles?
>>
>>82512906
Thoughts?
>>
I tried watching the first episode a few months ago and couldn't get over the overly exaggerated anime expressions. I guess with it being over ten years since I'd last seen an episode, my tastes changed. I'll try again some other time.

To this day though I'm still salty about Slade. Not being into comics at the time, I and my group of friends had all these theories as to who he actually was, even entertaining the idea that he was Bruce. Then I get into comics years later and he's fucking, an actual DC character, Deathstroke the whole time.
>>
>>82513013
Overall, its strong points hold up pretty well, if anything would scare new viewers away today, it would have scared them away back in 2003.
>>
>>82507755
>inferior to the source material and inferior to YJ and legion
Here's your (you)
>>
>>82507755
>inferior to the source material and inferior to YJ and legion
Nice meme. The TT comics have always been shit and the TV series is one of the few entries in the franchise that's actually good. YJ was terrible mainly because it was trying to be Justice League lite and Legiuon got canned before it even did anything memorable.
>>
>>82507654
I thought it was great. Though as I got older its not as enjoyable.

When you're younger, you don't pay a ton of attention to the weeb jokes because you don't understand where it comes from, you just think the show is wacky. It was a nice blend of action and it had some jokes. I would say the show is pretty fun to watch.

I feel like it just didn't age that well.
>>
>>82513061
Honestly, it doesn't start off well. Gets better as you go.
>>
File: terra_and_slade.png (87 KB, 472x328) Image search: [Google]
terra_and_slade.png
87 KB, 472x328
Slade and Terra's relationship made me really uncomfortable, due in no small part to her design making her look 10 years old.
>>
>>82507654
It does for me. I watch it with younger bro every now and again for them feels.
>>
>>82507654
I rewatched all of it recently, and I think it holds up pretty damn well. Slade was a pretty fucking awesome recurring villain and someone who actually got shit done. The final season with the league of villains with madame rouge and the rest was pretty well done as well.

Terra can eat a dick, though.
>>
>>82512089
Terra is an actual horrible person, at least.
>>
>>82514688
Ron Pearlman's Slade was the fucking man.
>>
>>82507654
Yes it does.

Btw, from what I've seen in a few comics, Starfire is a complete and total slut, as in she has no qualms with having sex with ANYONE. Is that really her character? Because if so, my boner cannot process how hot it is for her to go from naive innocent alien girl to slut in the matter of a few "college years"
>>
File: Jlfounding.jpg (117 KB, 788x614) Image search: [Google]
Jlfounding.jpg
117 KB, 788x614
As a preteen I always found it weird that Justice League went so overlooked by everyone in favor of Teen Titans. JL felt so smartly written and respecting of the audience's intelligence, that going from it to Teen titans felt like such a downgrade. It didn't help that I was a total weaboo as a kid and a lot of the anime things TT was trying to ape where a pale imitation. even the art style reminded me of those How to draw Anime books. I think I've grown softer on it in recent years, but it still kind of pains me that Teen Titans constantly gets talked about while JL and JLU don't get that same love. TT doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>82514688
>Terra can eat a dick, though.
By god can she ever.
>>
>>82514754
>Starfire is a complete and total slut, as in she has no qualms with having sex with ANYONE. Is that really her character?
Pre New 52 Star is more of a hippy/free spirit than a slut since her culture is all about being open about your emotions. Slutfire is what you got in RedHood and the Outlaws which stripped her of all her character which a lot of people weren't happy with. DCYou Starfire seems to be taking ques from her TV incarnation making her more bubbly and naive to Earth customs.
>>
>>82514788
JL was apart of an existing universe that doesn't really need much discussion as it was just expanding on shit that already existed think what the MCU is now. Teen Titans was the new kid on the block and mark a departure to what all DC animated series had been up till that point so people were more interested in what it was doing at the time plus it had much more appealing events and a less serial format so people could easy get in at any time. This is not to say JL was a bad show in fact it was great and as you said much better put together than TT its just that what's been said about it could have been said about the rest of the Bruce Timm verse as a whole.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.