[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was season 4 so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nao2mg6NuH1rgam01o1_1280.png (904 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nao2mg6NuH1rgam01o1_1280.png
904 KB, 960x600
why was season 4 so shit?
>>
>>82506795
because aaron mcgruder didn't have anything to do with it i reckon
>>
>>82506795
Aaron didn't have anything to do with it. So we ended up with a plot that never actually got solved, a repeat of "Tom, Sarah, and Usher" and other random shit.

I kinda liked Freedom Ride or Die though
>>
It wasn't People just figure because the showruner left it should be shit, therefore it is shit, even if it isn't.
>>
>>82506795
It went from the Boondocks to The Whacky Granddad show and his sidekick Ruckas
>>
>>82506795
It became the very things it was trying to parody, with none of the self-awareness.
>>
>>82506795
Why didn't the show ever introduce Cairo?
>>
>>82506795
I love how they ragged on BET having mindless nigger nonsense years ago when it became the very same thing in Season 4.
>>
>>82507188
I meant Caesar
>>
>>82507188
That's Caesar. And i don't think Aaron ever explained why he didn't make it.
>>
>>82507244
He said he couldn't find a good enough VA for Ceaser
>>
>>82507083
on a long enough timeline irony will always degrade to zero
>>
>>82506795
The season is actually better with the episodes in the correct order.

Apparently, the girl in the SIRI episode actually DID pay off the debts, as that was supposed to be the second to last episode. Then Freedomland is the season finale.

Adult Swim BUTCHERED the final season by making everything out of order.

I also generally enjoyed a few of the episodes, even if they werent as good.
>>
>tfw Riley x Cindy didn't become canon
>>
>>82506965
This. I mean, I like Unlce Ruckus, but they literally threw him into every single episode of season 4. Like sometimes for no reason other then to do it.
>>
>>82506965
>>82508464
S4 made Uncle Ruckus sucked
>>
File: Everything is fine.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Everything is fine.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>82508464
>tfw The Colour Rukus was my S3 favorite episode
>Hear about season 4
>See Rukus
>Wonder how his new view of black people will play out
>Season 4 happens

Holy shit.
>>
>>82506829
This.
He wasn't involved.
>>
They ramped up the craziness without keeping it grounded.
>>
File: 1444843144058 (2).png (247 KB, 277x502) Image search: [Google]
1444843144058 (2).png
247 KB, 277x502
>Check out a random episode of season 4
>It's called Freedom Land
>The ep seems like it was written by a guy who took a subtlety class in the school of Hammer-to-the-head
>Fucking Rukus was dialed to the extreme and felt like a flanderized shell of his former self
>The entire ep feels like a drag until the fight sequence which is pretty good
>The weak-ass phoned in "zingger" at the end

I must say, that was quite terrible.
>>
File: sud.png (253 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sud.png
253 KB, 640x480
I don't even remember season 4.
>>
>>82506864
>I kinda liked Freedom Ride or Die though

That episode alone made me wished that they made a battle shonen about Robert and Sturdy traveling around the South to fight racists.
>>
>>82506965
I think the worse episode had to be the Kardashian one. That QT didn't deserve to die and have her ass exploded.
>>
>>82509591
Well to be fair they gave him way too much power in show. Ex racist running for mayor, give him run of a plantation plant theme park.

Like hey Arnold when you see chocolate boy on Hey Arnold kick chocolate. You knew that wouldn't last.
>>
>>82506795
Season 4? What are you talking about, there was no season 4 anon.
>>
I didn't see the last half of S3 or any of S4. Did they ever use their total lack of censorship ability to actually have one of their gorgeous female characters full frontal naked?
>>
nigga did i just catch you having fun ?
>>
>>82511133
>The ep seems like it was written by a guy who took a subtlety class in the school of Hammer-to-the-head

DUDE DUDE DUDE

Y'know...the middle class is like...slaves man. And...BLACK PEOPLE used to be slaves.
And the Freemans are black!

Social commentary is so easy!
>>
>>82511457
There's like two or three chicks tits in the whole series, and If i recall, one chick full frontal nude.
>>
>>82511248
>Fight Racists
I think you mean nonviolently resist Racists.
>>
>>82511204
I feel the same way. I knew I did not like season 4 but no episode comes to mind when I think about season 4.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.