[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth thread. Not that long now until rebirth begins. What're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 20
File: DC-Comics-Rebirth.jpg (217 KB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
DC-Comics-Rebirth.jpg
217 KB, 1500x750
DC Rebirth thread. Not that long now until rebirth begins. What're you going to pick up? Me?

>All of the Bat-titles
>Justice League
>Might give Super-sons a go.

Also, can someone explain to me like I'm a complete idiot what the hell they're doing with superman? They're killing off new52 Superman and replacing him with pre-new52 Superman... on the same earth?
>>
>>82496374
I'm pissed because they won't continue Midnighter.
>>
File: Rebirth_checklist_2.jpg (3 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth_checklist_2.jpg
3 MB, 1200x4800
Latest checklist for those who didn't know that they uploaded outdated and older versions of this.
>>
>>82496374
>Wonder Woman
>Deathstroke
>Nightwing
>probably Batman
>The Super-Man
>Blue Beetle

If Flash and Trinity aren't shit I'll probably get the trades of those but I'll see
>>
Green Arrow, Nightwing and Flintstones

"The storyline will see the prehistoric animals of Flintstones world, the ones that used as construction vehicles, transport and everyday household devices organising together to rebel against a humanity that has enslaved them."

It's Animal Farm in Bedrock
>>
>>82496420
Op here, shit I forgot Deathstroke, given that Priest will be writing, I'll definitively give it a go.
>>
>>82496416
New Super-Man looks interesting. I mean, a chinese fucking Superman appearing? Shit might be good.
>>
Right now I'm planning on getting
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>New Super-Man
>Blue Beetle
>Superwoman
>Trinity

Plus all the Young Animal titles, Scooby Apocalypse, and Future Quest.
>>
>>82496374
Of all titles I'll buy, only New Super-Man and Superwoman look fresh.
I dought NSM will live until 10 issues, though.
>>
File: DC_Rebirth_catalog__00028.jpg (88 KB, 575x336) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth_catalog__00028.jpg
88 KB, 575x336
Will giving Jason a shit team stop the Lobdel machine?
>>
>>82496374
Jesus your taste is fucking boring.
>>
>>82496416
How long are they going to keep this 2x monthly thing going? Obviously it won't last.
>>
>>82496374
Nightwing
Super sons
Superman
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans
>>
>>82496620
>Bizarro
I still don't understand why, isn't the plot them infiltrating a Gotham street gang?
>>
>>82496374
Teen Titans.
Supersons.
Superman.
>>
Super sons
>>
>>82496374
>What're you going to pick up?
Tom King Batman
Rucka Wonder Woman
Uncertain about Abnett Aquaman. Of the three issues he's done so far, I really liked one and was meh on the other two. We'll see I guess.
I am specifically not buying JL because the booted Shazam off the team, just to make room for a POC Green Lantern.
Might look into Blue Beetle.

>Also, can someone explain to me like I'm a complete idiot what the hell they're doing with superman?
No idea. I mean, all current signs point to him dying off and being replaced, which seems like the fucking biggest, shallowest, most desperate attempt to get back the pre-Flashpoint audience. God forbid we have a Superman that actually showed a decent range of emotions and growth over the course of his career, instead of always being an insufferable boy scout. Whatevs. I'm not buying any of the new Superman books either. He can take his blue boots and bugger off.

>>82496707
In defense of OP, the Rebirth line is boring. At least when New52 initially launched, it had some variety. Shit like Demon Knights, Swamp Thing, Amethyst and All-Star Western. Now we're basically just getting your standard fuck-ton of Bat books and popular capeshit. I suppose it's what sells. Can't blame them.
>>
>>82496620
No. If anything else, now he'll boost sales with Batfamily crossovers.
Unless I'm silly anon and book set in Gotham ignores Batfamily.
>>82496716
Not to say that fucking Cyborg, GL, Flash and Aquaman got biweekly treatment.
>>
>>82496796
>Uncertain about Abnett Aquaman. Of the three issues he's done so far, I really liked one and was meh on the other two
You liked issue that ended with Mera becoming Aquawoman, I presume?
>>
>>82496374
Nightwing
Super sons
Superman
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans
Trinity
>>
>>82496825
Actually, I liked that one and the next one, although I'm not into this Dead Water villain, much. The most recent issue, I don't even remember what happened, other than Scavenger showing up for the cliffhanger ending.
>>
>>82496374

>Supersons
>Superman
>Nightwing
>Teen Titans
>New Super-Man
>>
>>82496893
I figured Dead Water is just there for Arthur to punch until Rebirth. And I'd rather have some old villain revamped for New 52 instead of seeing Scavenger again.
>>
>>82496374
I do what I usually do and pirate the first couple issue then buy up the ones I like
Last thing I want is to have a bunch of #1s in my collection by themselves
>>
>>82496374
>Super-sons - Teen Titans
>Superman- Aquaman
>>
>>82496374
>>Super-sons
Superman
Probably Nightwing and Teen Titans

not sure if : Wonder Woman
>>
>>82496416

Why the fuck is that quote on the ad? It looks like a joke.
>>
>>82496374
>Super-sons,Teen Titans.
>>
>>82496796
So what, pre-new52 Superman was on New52 earth all along or something? Or did he arrive somehow? Will there also be two Lois Lanes?
>>
Was reading:
>Justice League
>Robin: SOB
>Batman
>Action Comics

Thinking of getting:
>Super Sons
>Trinity
>Teen Titans (a good TT book might just be a pipe dream at this point)
>All Star Batman
>Wonder Woman
>JLA (hoping this is the remnants of the JLU team)

Probably trade wait
>Batman
>Superman
>The Flash

I just want to find out the creative team on Super Sons.
>>
Postan, because.
>>
>>
>>82496374
>Super Sons
>Nightwing
>Teen Titans
>>
>>82496374
I don't really get floppies anymore, I'm just so sick of them. But I will get these trades:

>Batman by Tom King
>Detective Comics by Tynion
>If New Super-Man gets enough issues for a trade, I'll get that one too.
>Justice League
>Teen Titan
>Deathstroke
>Superman, if it turns out good.
>>
>>
>>82497205
WOW COOL.
>>
Superman
Super-sons
Nightwing
Teen Titans
>>
>>82496374
>All of the Superman-titles
>Super-sons
>Nightwing
>Teen Titans
>>
>>82496374
>Super Sons > Teen Titans Damian Wayne stuff.
>>
>>82496416
>woo twice monthy aquaman
>with a shitty new costume
>twice as much speedforce bullshit as we used to get
>>
>>82497145
He arrived during the Convergence event, and yeah, his Lois is with him.
>>
>Teen Titans
Super-sons
>Nightwing
Superman
>>
File: YJGirlsLaughing.gif (828 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
YJGirlsLaughing.gif
828 KB, 500x225
>>82497218

Betcha 2-to-1 that Black Canary is FELICITY.
>>
>>82497218
Happy to see Green Arrow with the beard again. However Black Canary better not be Felicity
>>
>>82496416
>blue beetle
>not ted kord

I thought he was coming back. Why did you guys lie to me?
>>
I'm getting:

>Wonder Woman
>Flash
>Batman
>AS Batman
>Suicide Squad
>Wacky Raceland
Maybe Aquaman and Hell Blazer.

Really can't wait for Rebirt, can't wait to read characters I have never read like Flash, Wonder woman
>>
>>82496374

Everything for 3 issues, then the dropping begins.
>>
>>82497413
Ted trains him. No idea what version of Ted, though.
>>
>>82496374
Nothing. I have no idea why you would be excited for this outside of some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>82497458

Don't you like any DC characters? For me even if it is shit I can't stop picking up certain titles e.g. Batman, Ant-man, Daredevil etc.
>>
>>82497343
So what has he been up to? I've not read new52 Superman outside of Action Comics vol 1.
>>
>>82497497
I just don't know how many more examples you need of DC not giving two shits about anything outside of the bottom line.
>>
>>82497438
It's Giffen, so most likely the one we know and love.
>>
>>82497513
Watched as League fought Darkseid, burned arrow that'd kill Batman, dicked around with Hank Hanshaw and fought against some psionic dude.
>>82497545
Yeah, I guess. But we'll have to wait and see to be sure.
>>
>>82496893
Dead Water, like many arcs right now, is a fill in villain until Rebirth so I wouldn't be too worried.
>>
File: 1462456467673.jpg (2 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
1462456467673.jpg
2 MB, 1200x4800
>>82497497
Why would you support garbage books? Follow creators, not characters. People like you are why soap operas are still on the air.
>>82497606
True, I also want the Scarab to be its YJ counterpart.
>>
>>82497626

Well desu what I have been buying isn't shit but if it got shit I would still pick it up. Don't really follow creators only characters I like but if I see a writer or artist I like it would sway me to buy the GN.

I would never buy a Green lantern,Superman,Captain america, or Spiderwoman book even if they got the best writer or artist going or even if they were by one of my favorite creative teams.
>>
Wonder Woman is being written by Greg Rucka a very well renowned writer and so I’ll be looking forward to this run. The only thing I can see going wrong here is Rucka undoing/going counter to Azzarello’s run. And I really liked Azzarello’s run and the things he did with the gods.

Action Comics is being written by Jurgens (who is largely mediocre) and focusing on Doomsday (a terrible villain) I don’t think it’ll be terrible just incredibly middling.

Superman seems to be focusing on Clark, Lois and their son and what it means for him to be a family. I enjoyed what Tomasi and Gleason did with Batman and his son so this is a book I’m interested in trying out. Though, Tomasi’s prior Superman work, whilst not terrible, has left me not all too impressed. And that includes the current Sueprleague crossover in the Superman titles.

New Super-Man looks like it could be pretty great. It’s being written by Gene Luan Yang and stars a new Chinese Super-Man based in Shanghai. So yeah, I’m looking forward to this.

Supergirl seems to be going the route of synergy with the tv show by introducing the Danvers and having her move to National City. This does not please me one bit. And to add to that it looks like they’ll be rehashing some of the beats from the New 52 volume whilst changing her character from the one that I enjoyed. And I’ve felt all of Orlando’s works I’ve read have been mediocre. So yeah, this is a book I am not looking forward to at all.

Superwoman stars Lois Lane in the titular role after receiving powers. The how of it is currently unknown but the creative team on the book is good so I’ll be giving it a try.

Super Sons has no creative team on it yet so I’m not sure what to think of it. But it stars Damian (son of Batman) and Jon (son of Superman) so I’ll be trying the title out regardless, unless the creative team on the book end up being folks I think are terrible.
>>
>>82497780
Tom King is probably the biggest up-and-coming creator in mainstream American comics. His work on titles like The Vision, Grayson, and Omega Men among others have all been phenomenal and he’s garnered much critical acclaim for it. Marvel understood this and tried to push his Vision book really hard and DC also understood this by giving him an exclusive contract and putting him on their biggest book, Batman. In case you couldn’t tell, I too am a big Tom King fan. So yeah, I’m probably most hyped for this book.

Detective Comics has a very interesting cast and premise but the writer has completely killed all interest for me. Tynion has been involved in some not so great Bat-books, most notably Batman & Robin Eternal which was, in my opinion, absolutely irredeemable trash. And him stating that ‘Tec will be a continuation of B&R Eternal gives me zero hope for the title.

Batgirl is being drawn by Rafael Albuquerque and I love his art so I’ll be trying this out. Also heard good things about Hope Larson as a writer so it looks promising.

Zero interest in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. It’s being written by a bunch of CW writers and seems to be regressing the role of Helena Bertinelli. So I don’t care for this one bit.

I fell off Gotham Academy, but I’ll give it another try with the relaunch: Gotham Academy Second Semester.

Nightwing is being written by Tim Seeley who had a pretty great run on Grayson (alongside Tome King) so I’ll be looking forward to this title.

All Star Batman has a killer art team, but it’s being written by Scott Snyder. I don’t like Snyder at all and felt his Batman run wasn’t very good. I don’t think this’ll be very good outside of the art.

Manapul is a mostly middling writer but his art is gorgeous. And being partnered with Clay Mann assures that Trinity will be one of the finest looking books on the stand. I’ll try it out and if nothing else it’ll be a very nice looking book with servicable writing.
>>
>>82497795
Batman Beyond is being written by Jurgens, so pass.

Teen Titans stars Damian trying to lead the Titans while they don’t want to. I love Damian and him being a smug brat so I’ll be trying this book. But I can’t say for sure whether it’d be good with the creative team on it. Plus the Teen Titans have had a bad string of books for a while.

Abnett is continuing his run on Aquaman which has been decent so far. While it could be good, it’s not something I’d recommend as of yet.

I am incredibly ambivalent on The Flash. I like the artists on it and I’ve enjoyed some of the stuff written by the writer, but I can’t stand the premise. It’s another evil speedster and random people are getting speed powers. This is nothing new and just a rehash of the New 52 stuff. We had two evil speedsters there and an arc with folks getting speed powers. I do not want that again. Give me something new. That being said it could be decent and I love the Flash so I’ll check it out.

I fell off Ben Percy’s Green Arrow run because there was nothing there really grabbing me. Since it wasn’t terrible, I’ll give it another try with Rebirth but expectations aren’t too high.

Green Lanterns is the green lantern book I’ve been wanting since the end of Geoff Johns run. Sadly it’s written by Sam Humphries, whose previous works I’ve found all to be terrible. And it looks like he’ll be ignoring Charles Soule’s run on the Red Lantern book, one which I enjoyed immensely, and returning the Reds to status quo. That does not appeal to me one bit.

Hal Jordan and the GLC is being written by Venditti who has till now done a mostly boring job on the title. I’ll give him on GL another try since I’ve enjoyed his Valiant stuff and so I’m hoping that quality rubs off here. But no high hopes here.

There is literally nothing to do with the Cyborg book that interests me.
>>
>>82497809
Bryan Hitch’s JLA has had some good moments but has ultimately been incredibly mediocre. This is mostly due to it being far too decompressed. With him no longer on art duties I’m hoping his Justice League will fare better.

Deathstroke is being written by Christopher Priest, one of the most acclaimed writers in the industry, and that’s enough for me to check this title out. But admittedly I haven’t read any of Priest’s works so I’m not sure what to expect, but I hope it’ll be decent. Even Geoff Johns has stated that this is probably the most nuanced book of Rebirth.

I don’t like Harley Quinn, so I’ll pass on her.

I have no interest in Suicide Squad but I’ll give the book a try and see if it does anything for me.

I don’t care about the Titans and I’m not fond Brett Booth (and absolutely hate his colourist Andrew Dalhouse) so I’ll (probably) pass on this book.

The Hellblazer could be good. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read from both the writer and the artist, but I don’t like supernatural stuff so I might just end up dropping this. Will give it a try anyways.

Red Hood and the Outlaws has a very interesting team but I don’t like Lobdell’s style of writing so I’m not interested.

Giffen, Kolins, Kord & Jaime. Say no more, I’ll be reading Blue Beetle. Basically the book stars the two most famous Blue Beetles in a mentor/apprentice sort of relationship and is being written by one of my favourite creators. So this is a book I’m quite looking forward to.
>>
>>82496416
Gotham Academy Next Semester is a part of Rebirth. It was in the big Rebirth previews issue.
>>
>>82497205
Hate it. Give him red boots at the very least. It breaks the monotony of the blue. Also the blue looks borderline black.
>>
>>82497146
>>Teen Titans (a good TT book might just be a pipe dream at this point)

Considering it's a rehash team with Damian and Black Wally it's gonna be trash.
>>
>>82497843
>originally announced as part of Rebirth
>retracted at Wondercon
>rolled back in the physical DC Rebirth PREVIEWS special catalog
>>
>>82497146
>>I just want to find out the creative team on Super Sons.
I'm betting on it being stealth cancelled.
>>
My Pull List:

Superman
Batman
All Star Batman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Batgirl
Aquaman
Hal Jordan and the GLC
Justice League
Harley Quinn
Suicide Squad
>>
File: big two fans.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
big two fans.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
>>82497458
Logic and common sense doesn't apply to them, my friend.
>>
>>82496374
>What're you going to pick up
Nothing. I'll wait for the next reboot in 3 years.
>>
>>82498158

Why?
>>
Wait, are we still getting Seven Seas Arc for Aquaman?
>>
>>82496807
>>82496716

What makes you say "obviously"?

I've said this before:
1) The reason why "multiple shipping" in almost all forms doesn't last is because of the stress on artists/writers, NOT because of sales.
2) Sales-wise, biweekly/monthlies are almost always successes, if only because it'd be impossible to get 2-4 books with as much sales. With individual books, they'd also all need to have their own editorial teams, they're own marketing, etc.
3) So, as long as the artists and writers are happy with the bi-weekly setup, it will take a while before it actually ends. Until then, it'll effectively print money for DC for the next 2 years.
4) Also, all things considered it'll take pretty low sales for a bi-weekly to be cancelled. And at that point, it'll be CANCELLED -- not moved to monthly (which would be the dumber thing to do). Going to monthly won't suddenly make the sales improve, and you're more likely to have two new monthlies or one new bi-weekly get bigger numbers.

DC, in general, has only experimented with bi-weekly in big events that were intended to end at a certain point. This is a completely different thing: there's honestly no precedence for something this big within the Big 2. It'd be silly to suggest we'd know what will happen.
>>
>>82497780
>AC/Superman

Honestly, I'm exactly the opposite. Tomasi's work as of late (which, admittedly, might just be because DCYou has been making every writer look like shit) has been extremely mediocre, if not bad.

Jurgens' Lois and Clark run has been great -- I'd even call it a breath of fresh air among recent Superman stories.

>All Star Batman

To be perfectly fair to Snyder, he had a tremendous amount of pressure on him to make Batman the "big, epic, blockbuster" book for DC. He's delivered good work when he has more freedom, so I think ASB could be decent in that regard.
>>
I know this isn't related to Rebirth, but what about Batman Earth 1 Volume 3? Or Miller/Lee's Dark Knight, Boy wonder?

Also, are they really giving up on Earth-2? It thought it sold decently?
>>
>>82498729
See >>82496416 for Earth-2. It's still being continued, with Abnett as the writer, and has been solicited up to July's #14.

And I'm assuming Johns and Lee are too busy with things to finish/start those projects. Johns was basically the architect of Rebirth, the COO of DC Comics, and he's an involved part of Affleck's Batman movie. Lee is drawing Suicide Squad for the time being.
>>
>>82498592
>>82498794
>>82498805
>>82498823
Laim Sharpe's Wonder Woman work looks so fucking good!
>>
I'll pirate the first issue of all of them and see what I like.

The only ones I'm excited about are Young Animal books, Flinstones and Deathstroke. The Rebirth line-up looks pretty boring in general.
>>
>>82496374
>Aquman
>Red Hood
>Blue Beetle
>New Super-man
>Deathstroke
>Wonder Woman
>and maybe Hal&GLC

Batman and Superman were in the list, but I decided to pull them off because I am not impressed so far. Though, I might give Batman a chance.
>>
>>82498639
>Tomasi's work as of late has been extremely mediocre, if not bad.
Yeah I do agree, which is why I'm not completely sold on him being on Superman.

>Jurgens' Lois and Clark run has been great I'd even call it a breath of fresh air among recent Superman stories.
Completely disagree. It's very middle of the road. And couple that with the fact that Action Comics looks to be rehashing a lot of the stuff Jurgens did in the 90s makes me very wary of it.

>he had a tremendous amount of pressure on him to make Batman the "big, epic, blockbuster" book for DC
[citation needed]

>He's delivered good work when he has more freedom
Yeah, I hardly believe he didn't have freedom writing for Batman. And I'm not a fan of his Wytches series, but tbf that's more to do with the art. In general it's Snyder's writing style that puts me off more than his plotting.
>>
>>82498729
>but what about Batman Earth 1 Volume 3?
It is indeed happening and work on it has started, but it'll be done when it's done.

>Miller/Lee's Dark Knight, Boy wonder
That's all on Lee. I'm not expecting it to ever happen but Lee did joke about it when talking about him doing twice a month Suicide Squad.
>>
Honestly I was really hype at first but everything seems like I should just tradewait. Probably only pulling Blue Beetle and Gotham Academy.
>>
>>82497780
>Action Comics is being written by Jurgens (who is largely mediocre) and focusing on Doomsday (a terrible villain) I don’t think it’ll be terrible just incredibly middling.

Yeah that looks like a solid 1.0 on the Jurgens scale. I don't understand how people are that excited for it especially after reading Lois and Clark. Unless they have just given up hoping for a quality Superman book and will accept mediocrity, but I look at the writers on Batman and WW and it makes me mad that Clark's books won't be great too.

Could be worse of course, at least it's not where GL is.
>>
> Hype
Wonder Woman
Batman
Nightwing
Super Sons
Young Animal
Flintstones
Future Quest

> Will check out
All Star Batman
New Super-man
Supergirl
BOP
HJGLC
Blue Beetle

> Will check out but my expectations are very low
Green Lanterns
Green Arrow
>>
>>82497795
>I fell off Gotham Academy, but I’ll give it another try with the relaunch: Gotham Academy Second Semester.

Cloonan coming back will help. I think that Yearbook arc was pure filler to keep the book in people's minds instead of having it go on hiatus for half a year.
>>
>>82498185
Johns said he'd do it as an Aquaman arc with Abnett and Reis, but I don't really consider him trustworthy at this point. He might want to do it but plans change a lot with him.
>>
>>82499316
>I don't understand how people are that excited for it especially after reading Lois and Clark.
People unironically think Lois and Clark is a great book. I mean it's nto bad but it's very middle of the road

>I look at the writers on Batman and WW and it makes me mad that Clark's books won't be great too.
I feel the same way. Get some A list talent on Superman
>>
>>82499358
I fell off before the Yearbook arc. An issue or two before the Robin War tie-in
>>
>>82496416
>Wonder Woman
>Hellblazer

That's it. FWIW I'm looking forward to the Young Animal line too, it looks less boring.
>>
Green Arrow
'Tec
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Blue Beetle
Flash
Batgirl
Trinity
Everything Young Animal
>>
>>82499382
Yeah, maybe he goes and start shilling WW movie.
Fag.
>>
>>82499448
Fair enough, I think that was around the Tim issue which was probably the worst of the main story ones.
>>
>>82499251
Dark Knight, Boy Wonder will never happen. Lee/Miller? It won't stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever hitting the shelves.
>>
>>82499660
Yeah, I think that was the last one I read
>>
>>82496416
Batman
Justice League
Trinity
New Superman

That is literally all I'm getting as nothing else seems interesting.
>>
>>82500174
Trinity might be the rare "buy for the art" book. I'm not really impressed by anything Manapul has written but him and Mann will produce a gorgeous title.
>>
File: DC Rebirth Pull List.jpg (3 MB, 3520x2712) Image search: [Google]
DC Rebirth Pull List.jpg
3 MB, 3520x2712
>>
>>82497043
It is to some extent. Johns seems to be quite self aware.
>>
>>82496374
All the Bat Titles Sans Batgirl and RHatO
Super Sons
Teen Titans
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Justice League
Death Stroke
Super Chinaman
Might look at Aquaman.
>>
>>82502659
What's there to wait and see with Blue Beetle? Keith Giffen, Scott Kolins, Jaime Reyes, Ted Kord, and Doctor Fate! That book is screaming must buy!
>>
>>82496374
>all Bat title
>means pulling Jurgens Batman Beyond
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>82496620
Why would you want to stop Lobdell containment anon?
>>82497906
Doubt it. It's generated fair bit amount of hype and Damian has the biggest fanbase currently out of any robins aside from Dick.
>>82497497
Characterfaggotry is the cancer killing this industry.
>>
>>82496374
>will definitely buy
Batman
Deathstroke
Nightwing
Supergirl
Trinity

>will check out first couple of issues to decide
Suicide Squad
Superman
Wonder Woman
New Super-Man
Super Sons
>>
File: 32423423.png (111 KB, 195x262) Image search: [Google]
32423423.png
111 KB, 195x262
>>82504454
If that book somehow isn't great I might get a suicide pact going or something
>>
>>82496796
>No idea. I mean, all current signs point to him dying off and being replaced, which seems like the fucking biggest, shallowest, most desperate attempt to get back the pre-Flashpoint audience.
Pre-Flashpoint Superman will be the full-time Superman. New-52 Superman will still be around, but just as Clark Kent.
>>
File: Super-Sons-Robin-and-Superboy.png (272 KB, 639x317) Image search: [Google]
Super-Sons-Robin-and-Superboy.png
272 KB, 639x317
Definite purchase:
>Wonder Woman
>Deathstroke
>Suicide Squad (Liked the April Fools special.)
>Supergirl
>Super Sons
>Teen Titans (I can't believe I have a Teen Titans book on my planned purchase list.)

Interested and waiting on previews:
>Aquaman
>Batman
>Flash
>Green Arrow (Liked the preview that just came out.)
>Green Lantern
>Nightwing
>Hellblazer
>New Super-Man
>Superwoman
>Trinity
>>
>>82496416
how many issues are the rebirths?
>>
File: CakpylSUUAAiOLg.jpg (73 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CakpylSUUAAiOLg.jpg
73 KB, 600x450
>>82496374
Everything
>>
>>82507174
they're one shots that lead into the ongoings
>>
>>82507174
See >>82507266.

In particular, they're the in-between issues for the series. It'll go:

* Issue #52 or final issue equivalent--which, besides a few series, won't have much to directly deal with Rebirth -->
* DC Universe Rebirth Special, which will be a big thing in itself but also be the catalyst to most series' rebirths -->
* Rebirth one-shots, which for all intents and purposes set the stage for the characters following whatever happens in the DCU Rebirth Special -->
* The series themselves
>>
>Blue Beetle
>New Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Batman
>Deathstroke
>Superwoman
>All of Young animal
>All of HB
Might check
>other superbooks
>Tec
>All star Batman
>Flash
>>
>>82497205
Needs the boots
and briefs
>>
>>82496374
New DC fag, well, minus reading new 52 Batman, I'm planning on diving into DC with rebirth as Marvel kinda sucks right now.
Batman and Detective Comics
Either Superman or Action Comics
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Harley Quinn (Sue me)
Titans (haven't read Abnett since War of Kings, he still godly?)
Teen Titans
Maybe Supergirl too?
And Trinity is tempting too with Mann on the art.
>>
>>82508436
>Titans (haven't read Abnett since War of Kings, he still godly?)
yeah he's pretty good

I'd go with his Aquaman over Titans personally
>>
>>82496374
Batman
All-Star Batman
Trinity
Titans
Flash
Superman
And I'll try Hellblazer, I've never heard of the writer but I think John's due for a good series again
>>
I wonder if Captain Communist Superman works out will we get a Justice League: China?
>>
Been getting:
>Grayson
>Midnighter
>Omega Men
>Robin Son Of Batman
>Batman & Robin Eternal (blame Stockholm Syndrome)
My entire DC pull list is going away, thanks a lot lmao why does it hurt so much.

Definitely getting:
>Batman
Genuinely curious for this.
>Nightwing
I'm annoyed by Grayson ending, but I like Tim Seeley obviously, so I'm gonna give Nightwing a go.

Probably getting:
>BOP
Mainly because I need more based Helena. I don't really care about Nu!Batgirl or Nu!Canary, but Matron was one of the best things in Grayson and I'm picking this up solely for her. Fingers crossed.
>Supergirl
Because based Orlando. I'm a little disappointed that this is his only Rebirth book, but he gave me the Middy run of my dreams, so maybe he can bring his magic to this one as well.
>Detective Comics
Mostly because I want to see someone try to salvage Tim Drake. It's almost morbid curiosity at this point. If it's lame or has too much Harper, it goes.

Maybe:
>Wonder Woman
I'm not a big WW reader, but everyone seems so hype for this and I've been looking to get into her more.
>Supersons
I love Damian, but I'm turned off because the Kent kid is literally who for me. Could be cute, regardless.
>Teen Titans
Might pick up for Damian. I don't know. Haven't really liked a TT book since those old NTT ones.
>Titans
Same.
>New Super-Man
Not a high priority but it sounded interesting.
>Cyborg
The writer's pitch sounded cool and I was always a fan of Victor in NTT.
>>
>>82496374
Blue Beetle and Batman Beyond.
Might check out Birds of Prey, Teen Titans.
>>
>>82496474
I like my Man of Steel free of lead poisoning
>>
>>82496796
>He can take his blue boots and bugger off.
I feel it
>>
>>82504686
Hey it could work out, We have obviously Terry back in the mix and maybe if it all ends well and the timeline they describe is accurate Tim can stay the fuck away from TT and be Terry's Navigator.
>>
File: Kingsvillains.jpg (35 KB, 634x379) Image search: [Google]
Kingsvillains.jpg
35 KB, 634x379
Which villains do you think he'll use first?
>>
>>82509290
Cluemaster.
>>
>>82509290
Calendar man
>>
>>82509290
Well Calendar Man is confirmed for the Batman rebirth oneshot
>>
>>82509348
That'd be hilarious.
>>
>>82504686

It hasn't been great but I liked the Terry flashback last issue enough that I'm willing to give him another shot when takes over as Batman again. Jurgens could have a decent Beyond in him if he gets it away from Future's End baggage and Tim
>>
File: 1461984388380.png (927 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
1461984388380.png
927 KB, 950x1229
>>82497205
>>
>>82510915
based Gleason
>>
>>82512564
that's a fan (specifically, /co/mrade) edit.

Note how the blue metallic cuffs and blue boots are wrong.
>>
File: Green Lantern (2011-) 052-024.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern (2011-) 052-024.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
man HJ&GLC is going to have a clunky logo
>>
>>82512564
Gleason's had no underwear, just a yellow belt
>>
>>82512629
>>82513300
fuckin gleason
>>
>Priest
>Deathstroke
>his first response to being given the name was "LITERALLY WHO"

dis gon b gud

But aside from that, Nightwing and maybe Red Hood.

Hope to fuck Midnighter gets something maybe who am I kidding.
>>
>>82496374
I just saved that image as "Thor threw his bouquet .jpg"
>>
>>82513253
kek
>>
*Superboy Prime is the big death in DC Rebirth #1. The Gentry kill him to try and silence him from telling Post-Crisis Superman about their threat.

*Ra's Al Ghul is now in charge of the Manhunters. Paul Kirk is his bodyguard and they imply that they are going to redo Millennium via Ra's Manhunters having spies throughout the super-hero community.

*The corrupted Nu Earth 2 Darkseid/Apokalips has vanished and replaced with the OG Earth 2. We meet up with the Earth 2 Spectre, who puts up a barrier keeping people from other planets (IE the people from the Earth 2 comic) from returning to the new planet.

*The big shocker is that OG Wally has joined the Gentry. They offered a position in their group to Superboy Prime, but he recoiled in horror at what they truly were. Wally on the other hand, having lost everything and then some and pissed the fuck at Barry did during Flashpoint, takes their offer up.

*Ted Kord is Blue Beetle, who's backstory is that he was a vigilante hero who everyone hated because he was light-hearted and silly, until something bad happened when he tried to get the JLA into making him a member. He retired after that until Jaime Reyes resurfaces (it's vague how much of the Nu52 still happened for Jaime, except to say that Jaime has been stuck in outer space for quite some time) and Ted seeks him out to take him under his wing. It should be noted that Jaime's no longer got the scarab/armor and will be getting a low tech costume similar to Ted's trademark suit.

*Joker's secret identity will intersect with Donna Troy's tangled origins in that Joker, like Donna Troy, is a retcon that walks like a man. Joker's a walking retcon who's origin changes depending on which fragment from the multiverse is the dominant one, ala Donna Troy and her tangled ever changing backstory. That makes Joker a key to the multiverse (similar to how Donna was revealed to be one in Infinite Crisis) and central to the mystery of the true nature of the DC Universe.
>>
Definitely buying Batman (even if Finch makes me want to claw my eyes out, King is too good to resist), Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Deathstroke (never been a fan of the character in a solo role, but Priest is great so I think it'll get my interest), Blue Beetle, Future Quest, and pretty much everything in the Young Animals line.

I'll be checking out Aquaman, Green Arrow, Flash, Superman, Birds of Prey, Trinity, Super Sons, Teen Titans, and Wacky Races (if this is the tongue-in-cheek Mad Max thing I hope it is)
>>
>>82517296
I love all of these, keep going anon
>>
>>82517296
>>Continued
*Mr Twister is an agent of the Gentry, who's specifically after the Titans. It's also implied in his interaction with the team and Dick (as seen in Justice League #52) that he's wiping out the legacies as part of a meta plot to kill the DC Universe.

*The new "original" Doctor Fate teases the existence of the JSA in a scene where he holds a meeting with John Constantine. Constantine seeks him out after an off-screen fight with Geoff Johns creation Johnny Sorrow and announces he is leaving the US for the UK, tired of dealing with super-heroes and their ilk.

*It's mentioned in the Superman segment of the story that the 30th Century is inaccessible and stuck in a time storm, which will be the plot point for any status quo changes to the Legion if and when they come back.

*The Red Lanterns get a major tease in the story, with it implied strongly that they have cut a deal with the Gentry to serve them in exchange for some unstated reward for their alliance.
>>
>>82517465
>>Continued
* JLI is mentioned in one segment, as Batman wanting to expand the League and Barry shitting on the JLI as a failed experiment that needs not be be repeated.

*Damian and Starfire are going to have an interesting relationship, in terms of Starfire treating him as a surrogate son and Damian not knowing how to handle a non-evil mother figure.

* Hal's absence from Earth is going to be a big deal and the Red Lantern/Gentry alliance is going to end up a big deal, Sinestro Corps War big deal in terms of build-up and pay-off. Same with the Manhunter/Ra's Al Ghul storyline

*Finally, the deaths of the male Amazons is getting retconned and retconned hard in Rebirth, when Wonder Woman finds them all alive and well, when the JLA shut down a Ra's Al Ghul/Manhunter training camp/brainwashing camp. They raid the camp and find a brainwashing facility and Diana recognizes several of them as her "brothers" and uses the lasso on them to find out that they were sold to Ra's Al Ghul by Hephaestus in exchange for Ra's giving him Manhunter alien tech. This kick starts the whole Rucka storyline of WW realizing that her whole existence has been a lie/been manipulated with falsehoods.
>>
>>82496374
>NONE of the Bat-titles

>Cautious on Flash, Blue Beetle, Aquaman and the Hitch JL

>Hopeful and optimistic on Nightwing and Wonder Woman

I'd buy pretty much anything with Manpaul writing and I think Trinity is a better idea than a Bat/Supes team book with a Supes/Wondy team book, but I'd rather it be it's own thing, even if it's mostly focused on one or two of them for an issue or two, rather than using it as ANOTHER book to cross over.

In other words, if they pulled off a good story featuring the three of them as with the Cross-Worlds trade, but with Manpaul's art, I'd be very happy.

I feel what people are saying about Tomasi but I'm willing to give him some slack for Superman, but Action, SuperWoman, and Super Son (except I'd prefer Shaner and Parker on this versus the Jonny Quest book) are automatic buys. New Superman will really depend on how the Clark Death Spiral plays out, but I'll check it out.

Maybe 1-2 impulse decisions, but everything else is mostly 'eh.' I'm sorry to see Midnighter go, thought they could so something more with Grayson than just bring Nightwing back, Supergirl sounds unappealing and I didn't like the Nu52 version either, and I really liked some of the characters on E2, just the writing and what happened till Convergence has kept me from reading the trade sitting of Society so maybe it is fine that it's gone? I kinda would miss Jay, Val and that Lois.
>>
>new Hellblazer
>Animal Man
>JL
>
>>
>>82513253
Straight up looks like a Space Cowboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhAf62wfgE
>>
>>82517694
>Finally, the deaths of the male Amazons is getting retconned and retconned hard
I want these to be true if only for this, the gargareans could be super interesting
>>
>>82510199
>Future's End baggage and Tim
They literally have to confront that bit though. My hopes is that Terry and Tim fight with Tim breaking the control of whoever has control over Terry and then giving back his suit. Then have them both confront whoever the big bad is by having Tim take up the Red Robin suit we know is sitll in storage which end with Tim being crippled.

Then, because we know the Timeline is the way it is, have Tim stay there with Terry and act as an oracle figure.
>>
>>82517296
>>82517465
>>82517694
What are these allegedly spoilers for? Rebirth special?
>>
>>82497458
Because I like the creators.
>>
>>82517694
>Barry shitting on the JLI as a failed experiment that needs not be be repeated
Big talk, speedster. Big talk!
>>
>>82518152
To be fair, it's a running bit for Barry to forever talk shit about the JLI. IIRC he outright said that he wished Guy Gardner was dead in the pages of Geoff's GL run when Hal "died" and Simon Baz got the ring before being told that Hal was the dead Earth Lantern who's ring Simon wore. And in Geoff's JLA run, he made several negative comments about the JLI in general.
>>
>>82518250
I stand corrected. Didn't read much of JL.
>>
>>82517296
>>82517465
>>82517694
I kind of doubt the big death will be SBP, though. Mainly because it's catering WAY too much to the interest of oldfags, and most/all New52 bandwagoners won't understand even a lick of his importance.

Also, part of me doubts they'll ever bring back OG Wally. I mean, of all people Johns probably wanted him gone more than anyone.

There are other things that seem believable, though (Joker identity, Legion stuff).

The male Amazon thing seems unlikely, too. Not that it wouldn't get retconned, but that it would be retconned in the Rebirth special as opposed to Rucka's run itself (e.g. WW Rebirth).
>>
>>82518310

Given the albatross that the manazon massacre left on Wonder Woman (and Donna Troy), I can see DC wanting to deal with that right away in Rebirth, just to reverse that entire element upfront, outright as a show of faith to fans. Plus, they need something to set up WW and the "Lies" arc and what better way to kick that ball into high gear in terms of story hook.
>>
>>82518310
Killing Superboy Prime would make the Gentry a big deal in terms of introducing them to normies who didn't buy Grant Morrison's latest vanity project no one bought or gave a fuck about.
>>
>>82518514
>Killing Superboy Prime would make the Gentry a big deal in terms of introducing them to normies who didn't buy Grant Morrison's latest vanity project no one bought or gave a fuck about.

Multiversity is the nest thing DC published in the last 4 years fuck off
>>
>>82518310
I think they could make the death work. Just say that Superboy Prime is an evil Superman from a long dead parallel earth who is running hard and fast from a pack of cosmic horror that wants to kill him and fuck everything up.

It's the Gentry that needs work to get people to care about them. What the hell are they even? Generic Lovecraft monsters who can warp reality and feed on suffering?
>>
>>82518310
>Johns probably wanted him gone more than anyone.
Fuck off.
>>
>>82518622
johnsfags being defensive
>>
>>82518565
Yeah, though I think you can explain them to readers (IE everyone who didn't buy Multiversity, which is the bulk of DC readers) as followed:

The Gentry are monsters who serve "The Empty Hand". They go to parallel earths, turning them into graveyards, killing everyone in sight and turning all super-powered beings into undead abomination slaves. They are nhillists who believe the point of existence is to suffer endlessly and target their victims through fiction (Ultra Comics in particular but also stuff like math proofs/resurrection formula in Pax America) in order to ensnarl their prey
>>
File: Wally-West-in-DC-Comics.jpg (254 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Wally-West-in-DC-Comics.jpg
254 KB, 1200x600
>>82518622
>Look, we couldn't get rid of wally, so we made him black.
>>
>>82517296
>*The big shocker is that OG Wally has joined the Gentry. They offered a position in their group to Superboy Prime, but he recoiled in horror at what they truly were. Wally on the other hand, having lost everything and then some and pissed the fuck at Barry did during Flashpoint, takes their offer up.

Phenomenal butthurt incoming if true.
>>
>>82518642
Alternatively, Black Wally's the big casualty and they are hiding it by having him front and center in the publicity to hide the real Wally's return.
>>
>>82518673
It makes more sense for Superboy Prime to join the Gentry and them setting up Wally as his counterpart/cosmic being who resets reality in the DCU to try and fix shit so as to stop the Gentry from further corrupting the DCU like they did the worlds featured in Multiversity.
>>
>>82517694
>WW realizing that her whole existence has been a lie/been manipulated with falsehoods.

Oh boy. Real original.
>>
>>82518720
SBP wants better world not dead.
>>
>>82518700
>Johns will actually get his wish to kill off a Wally, making fans rejoice upon the return of the old wally

What a sly fox, but we're on to his game.
>>
>>82518626
>>82518642
He's a silver agefag but he's also a legacy fag. There have been multiple times where Didio forced his bs down Johns throat. After Flash Rebirth there was a big plan of introducing a flash Corps title but it fell through because Johns was ultra busy. I doubt he went to Didio and said let's get rid of Wally. You wallyfags are literal cancer.
>>
>>82518834
kek why are you so upset about that?
>>
>>82496416
Why is Huntress black?
>>
>>82519023
No she just has a tan like she always does.
>>
>>82519023
>>82519048
Nu52 Helena is a mulatto
>>
whatever happened to tony bedard
>>
>>82521251
He did a few Convergence minis, haven't seen him since
>>
>>82521251
i didn't like his New Guardians run
>>
>>82521299
He has written a motion comic tie-in to Gotham the TV show, and he still goes to cons.
>>
>>82521251
He's doing a couple Teen Titans issues before Rebirth
>>
>>82521345
It was the only good part of New Guardians
>>
>>82521345
it was still leagues above what followed
>>
>>82521373
>>82521384
man that must've really been some shit then
>>
>>82517296
>evil Wally
I'm sure Geoff "I love legacy more than I love my own family" Johns will definitely do that

>Gentry
I doubt it, Morrison probably put his toys off limit
>>
>>82521469
>"I love legacy more than I love my own family

>Barry Allen made me the Flash
>>
>>82521469
>I doubt it, Morrison probably put his toys off limit
To Geoff? They're hypercrisis pals
>>
This will be my first pull list
>detective comics
>flash
>wonder woman
>nightwing
>blue beetle
>suicide squad
>Supergirl
>if I like the first issue, then maybe super sons
>>
File: Rebirth - Pull.jpg (2 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth - Pull.jpg
2 MB, 1200x4800
>>
I'm planning to get all the Bat books and Trinity.

May drop Batgirl and Detective if the writing is as terrible as I fear. I'm picking both up because I like the story pitches (and cast in detective) but I'm really worried that the attached writers just aren't going to be able to carry it.
>>
I'm just fucking bummed out they cancelled Midnighter.
>>
>>82522462
I'm in the same boat.

I'll give Detective longer to prove itself since they are going to have to balance the larger cast. (Plus Batwoman finally being used again in a main bat book)

However, Batgirl only has about 3-4 issues to impress before I drop it. I was really put off by the teenybopper Burnside Batgirl and they need to show improvement fast if they want my money.
>>
>>82517296
Turning Wally evil is a meme and kind of spoils your entire gimmick here. There's no way one of the big plot points of Rebirth is "We're bringing back Wally as a supervillain"
>>
>>82518834
If the guy who was writing The Flash title wanted to bring up Wally some more then it was well within his power to do so. He certainly didn't fight for it and, after Rebirth, never made a pro-Wally statement again.

He got his wish -- to bring Barry back. Wally being a casualty has never even been a thing he deigned worth talking about.
>>
>>82521469
Loves legacy so much that he shat all over both the GL and Flash legacy characters for his silver age husbandos.
>>
>>82523068
The way he handled legacy in JSA was top notch nigga

>Loves legacy so much that he shat all over both the GL and Flash legacy characters for his silver age husbandos.
In what way did he shit all over the GL legacy? Surely you mean he helped finish undoing the massive shit that DC had taken on the GLs a decade earlier?

And Flash Rebirth was literally the last time we actually had the Flash family in one place, you can cry all you want about the "made me the Flash" line but that doesn't invalidate the rest of the book
>>
>>82523943
Johns controlled The Flash for two years after Rebirth and did nothing with the family. Unless you're telling me Johns had no control over what he got to write in his own book, in which case you're a liar.

I can accept DC cancelling backup books or tertiary pitches but the fact that Johns killed/neglected The Flash family in The Flash book is all on him -- The Flash never needed 5 other books to show off the family. It only ever had a single spinoff. Johns was the one who was okay with upending everyone else for Barry.

GL from Johns was The Hal show featuring Hal and his sidekicks. Much like Flash Rebirth was "Barry is better than everyone else" the story.
>>
>>82523943
Maybe if Wally West was Johns' little sister he'd have survived the reboot.
>>
>>82517296
I know this is obviously fake but man I'd be real mad if they brought back OG Wally as some murderous warped villain...who apparently has less moral scruples than fucking Superboy Prime. Jesus.
>>
I'm going to trade wait because here in Australia floppies aren't a viable way to buy but I'll still wait on a verdict before I confirm any series. I'll be looking at
>Aquaman
>Batman
>Wonder Woman
>Nightwing
>Deathstroke
>Titans
>Blue Beetle
>Trinity
>Super Sons
I would really like to read one of the Supes books but none of the creative teams instill much hope for me, same with the books of the other JL members
>>
Batman
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
Justice League
Trinity
All-Star Batman
Titans
Nightwing

and possibly Superman, or Green Lanterns
>>
>>82524944
>GL from Johns was The Hal show featuring Hal and his sidekicks
So? How is that any different from Batman starring Bruce or Superman starring Clark or GL starring Kyle? Plus the other humans got plenty of play in GLC
>>
>>82517465
Lol, the John Constantine one is fitting considering that yes, he's going back to British Creators again.
>>
>>82525378
Because glorifying Hal and the detriment of all those who came after him is the exact opposite of what anon was saying. Johns wanks legacy until he actually gets to go for the "iconic" characters, then he shits all over the legacies for them.
>>
>>82517296
Johns I failed you.
>>
File: 1460819375633.png (241 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460819375633.png
241 KB, 480x480
ive never read dc stuff and this seems really interesting is this a good start point for the dc universe if so what should i pick up?
>>
>>82525664
Try out characters you're interested in. Avoid Lobdell.
>>
>>82525664
whatever looks good to you. I guess maybe Rucka's WW, but you gotta remember the Odd and Even Numbered Issues have different ongoing story arcs.

I suggest Supersons, Deathstroke, Blue Beetle, Super-Man, Supergirl, and Nightwing.
>>
>>82525699
counter point, seek out Lobdell, laugh about how stupid the entire premise is. Get hooked somehow and see how painful the story will get.
>>
>>82525595
There was no detriment to anybody who came after Hal, though.
>>
>>82519023
Read Grayson faggot
>>
>>82525761
Kyle got sidelined really dang badly, so much so that everyone thought Johns hated him more than anything for not being Hal.

Guy and John weren't so bad but that was by comparison, they certainly didn't benefit too much. They were basically just around to talk about how great Hal was and suck his dick.
>>
>>82525664
Really, pick characters who interest you.
+
Pick good creators.

My personal subjective (I repeat: SUBJECTIVE) list of DC writers:

USUALLY GREAT/GOOD
* Tom King (Batman)
* Joshua Williamson (The Flash)
* Dan Abnett (Aquaman)
* Greg Rucka (Wonder Woman)
* Tim Seeley (Nightwing)
* Christopher Priest (Deathstroke)

USUALLY GOOD/OK
* Keith Giffen (Blue Beetle)
* Scott Snyder (All-Star Batman)
* Steve Orlando (Supergirl)
* Rob Williams (Suicide Squad)
* Simon Oliver (Hellblazer)

USUALLY OK/MEDIOCRE
* Dan Jurgens (Action Comics)
* James Tynion (Detective Comics)
* Peter J Tomasi (Superman)
* Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (Harley Quinn)
* Francis Manapul

IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL QUALITY GOING INTO REBIRTH
* Robert Venditti (Hal Jordan and the GLC) because his Valiant stuff is great and many writers were fucked by the tail end of the New52
* Bryan Hitch (Justice League) because he'll be off art, and his current JLA is decompressed and not fantastic, but he has been OK before
* John Semper Jr. (Cyborg) because he's a good animation writer, but hasn't written a comic
* Hope Larson (Batgirl) because it's her first capeshit
* Julie and Shawna Benson (Batgirl and the Birds of Prey) because its their first capeshit AND they're originally TV interns on The 100 for CW
* Gene Yang (New Super-Man) because, like Venditti, DCYou fucked him over and he's been amazing before

AVOID UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
* Scott Lobdell (Red Hood and the Outlaws)
* Sam Humphries
* Benjamin Percy (Green Arrow, Teen Titans) because although he's not awful, he's still not used to using the comic book layout effectively

Most of the art teams for Rebirth are perfectly fine to my eyes, so there's no point in me going over them in detail. WW's team is a highlight; Batman's team is kind of mediocre/bad but King could use them well. Everything else is subjective as fuck.
>>
Is there going to be a Shazam ongoing? I might pick that up if there's someone good on it.
>>
>>82526243
Man lay off Percy, his GA has been better than Abnett's Aquaman despite the atrocious art. He's got great ones for Rebirth though.
>>
>>82526304
>Shazam ongoing
>in current year
Only if we're joking.
>>
>>82517296
>*Ra's Al Ghul is now in charge of the Manhunters. Paul Kirk is his bodyguard and they imply that they are going to redo Millennium via Ra's Manhunters having spies throughout the super-hero community.

This could gel well with the current super-hero spy book starring a super familiar face.
>>
>>82517296
>That makes Joker a key to the multiverse (similar to how Donna was revealed to be one in Infinite Crisis) and central to the mystery of the true nature of the DC Universe.

>Bruce listen to me! The Joker! He is the key!
>Got too soon?!
>>
>>82526243
>USUALLY GREAT/GOOD
>Dan Abnett

>USUALLY GOOD/OK
>Keith Giffen

No. Switch them then you'd be right.
>>
>>82526402
>This could gel well with the current super-hero spy book starring a super familiar face.

Grayson? But that's over anon
>>
Why can't we just go to the time before the Nu52 and just integrate the good nu52 stuff with the old universe
>>
Is Babs going to lose her legs and become Oracle again, or is her character assassination going to continue?
>>
>>82526150
>Kyle got sidelined really dang badly, so much so that everyone thought Johns hated him more than anything for not being Hal.
He got his own mini and co starred in GLC, how is that getting side lined
>>
Are they going to make Amanda Waller fat again?

Is Scarlet, Red Hood's sidekick from Batman and Robin coming back?

Is DC just going to fuck this up and everyone will just be pissed off even more?

Someone please answer my questions.
>>
>>82496416
Probably just Wonder Woman, The Super Man and Hellblazer for now. I'll trade wait on Flash and Superman because poorfag. Might pick up Superwoman or Super Sons if they end up being any good
>>
>>82530023
Yes.
No.
Maybe.
>>
So what are they rebirthing other than old superman and twice a month?
>>
>>82530473
>No.
B-but they included her in Convergence!
>>
>>82530496
Wally :^)
>>
>>82510915
Based. I remember the thread the anon made this in. I never understood the green in the belt buckle though.
>>
>>82530507
Hey, not saying she'll never appear, everything's possible.
>>
>>82517465
>It's mentioned in the Superman segment of the story that the 30th Century is inaccessible and stuck in a time storm, which will be the plot point for any status quo changes to the Legion if and when they come back.
I really like this.
>>
>>82526304
I'm really doubting we ever will at this rate. It's been years since he had those backups in JL.
>>
>>82518565
>>82518635

This rumor seems pretty unlikely, although now that I think about it, considering how Johns has killed both Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor one after the other, I guess there's space for some new cosmic threat.
>>
>>82517694
>Damian and Starfire are going to have an interesting relationship, in terms of Starfire treating him as a surrogate son and Damian not knowing how to handle a non-evil mother figure.

>Hey little version of Dick. Would you like to partake of what humans call the /ss/?
>>
>>82517296
Is Snyder writing Joker, or King? This is important.
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.