[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: sushi eating with foot girls.jpg (333 KB, 715x1000) Image search: [Google]
sushi eating with foot girls.jpg
333 KB, 715x1000
Sushi thread.
>>
TURTLES COUNT IT OFF
>>
File: count the medals.jpg (20 KB, 240x480) Image search: [Google]
count the medals.jpg
20 KB, 240x480
>>82494981
ONE TWO THREE FOUR
TWO
THREE
FOUR
>>
File: 1453079994132.png (942 KB, 1132x682) Image search: [Google]
1453079994132.png
942 KB, 1132x682
I love how many talented artists they've had working on IDW TMNT. It's a really nice way to give every arc it's own distinct feel.

That said, I really hope Sophie Campbell comes back to do a few issues. Northampton was great, and her art is cute without being out of place in the grand scheme of the comic.
>>
>>82495800
Campbell is good but her art is too "cute" for TMNT imo. She will bring her "glam fantasy", it works for Jem but for TMNT...nah. Northampton was nice but I don't want to see her again on the ongoing. On a mini why not, I'm sure Casey & April would have been better with her.
>>
>>82496264

Nothing could have improved Casey and April.
>>
>>82496383
A better story and a better art.
>>
>>82496383
Anything could have improved Casey and April.

Then again, Casey's been the biggest dropped ball in IDW's run even before the mini. The most interesting thing about him is his dad: he's far too normal and safe otherwise.
>>
>>82497643
Hence the second onhoing. They introduced many characters and now they can't develop them correctly.
>>
>>82497670
Casey's problem isn't screentime, he's had tons of it. He's just... boring. He's not terrible but he's not crazy or angry like his old iterations. He's a regular guy with regular problems, an everyman who happens to have an abusive father. He's a nobody in concept.

They really did introduce way too many characters though, and not enough of those characters had a clear role in the story or real plans to follow up on. For a while the comic got really directionless.
>>
>>82497720
Yes I can feel you on this. Casey is not the only character to suffer from this problem. April too. The evolution of some characters seem a little clumsy or hazardous for the moment.
Since Shredder death, they introduced Street Phantoms, Dunn, Bishop and Dark Water. Now turtles are elsewhere, outside NY and the new characters are out of the screen. It's like starting a battle without finishing it and then starting a new battle against new foes. It's confusing. I know that all of them will come back later at the right moment and they're all threats but it's weird.
Anyway I trust in Waltz, Curnow and Eastman. I know they have a plan in their minds. I have great hope for TMNT Universe to be a good addition to the main ongoing but I'm not a big fan of Allor as a writer though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.