[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after /co/ praising this movie to hell and back I decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
So after /co/ praising this movie to hell and back I decided to do you guys a favor and give it another watch. And I'm afraid to say that my opinion hasn't changed from when I watched it in the theatres.
Yes, I formed the exact same opinions rewatching it as I did when I saw it the first time.

I'll start with humor. There was no humor in this film, less than any other MCU film perhaps on par with Age of Ultron. What scarce humor was in the movie was real bottom of the barrel shit (ie. virginity jokes, really now?). But humor is a subjective matter so I won't count this as a proper criticism.

Action was pretty good for exactly 3 sections: The SHIELD headquarters escape, the Bucky V Captain fight #1 and Bucky V Falcon. I didn't enjoy the car chase scene at all and I honestly don't believe that shit even belongs in a superhero movie.
Which is actually another gripe of mine. This wasn't a superhero movie, this was metal gear solid or whatever. It barely even belongs in the MCU because of it.
>>
>>82494656
Plot/themes:
Eh, this film had a great start with them building up an interesting "Captain's ideals V modern US government ideals" but this was thrown out the window so lazily with "it was HYDRA all along". Because of this, the movie ended up being a very cliché "taking over our taken headquarters" movie.

Characters:
Neither Steve nor Nat had any character growth in the movie. Steve stuck to his ideals the whole time and Nat was one dimensional. I hear many people praise their chemistry but honestly Thor and Loki's chemistry in Thor 2 trumps this.
As for Bucky, it's honestly sad he's the titular character and yet receives not only a lame final fight with Cap but doesn't have any significance in the film other than being a strong adversary. His existence had nothing to do with the themes or anything.

I'm really sorry, /co/, but I really hope you people will come up with actual rebuttals instead of calling this thread bait. The movie wasn't bad but it sure as hell wasn't anywhere near the top of the MCU.
>>
Thank you for posting your opinion
>>
>>82494665
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it, anon.
Carry on.
>>
It's fine that you didn't like it. After all, many people dislike perhaps my favourite MCU movie and that's okay.
>>
>>82494656

>REEEEEE there's not enough quips in this spy thriller superhero movie!!!

>REEEEEE this is not as formulaic as muh other MCU movies

>"I'm really sorry, /co/, but I really hope you people will come up with actual rebuttals instead of calling this thread bait."

Yet doesn't explain why you think the car chase scene belongs in a superhero movie. Captain America is a superhero but he has the blandest superpower, just physically stronger than a human and has a shield. What kind of action were you looking for in Cap solo movie?

Anyway nice thread bait.
>>
Great blogpost, liked and subscribed.
>>
>>82494656
I'm not going to address everything here but just want to put my 2 cents in.
First off with the humor. You're completely right in that humor is subjective, and personally the fact that there is almost no humor makes it one of the only watchable MCU films for me. I don't like grimdark serious shit like Snyder makes, but I don't want jokes anywhere near serious moments and I think both Avengers movies are some of the worst in the MCU because too many jokes.
Your complain about the car chase and it not being a cape movie is kinda dumb to me. If every movie is generic capeshit then that gets very boring very quickly. One of this movie's biggest strengths is that it is more than a simple superhero movie.
What story and character development you should take from this is that Cap learns to stand for his ideals rather than America itself. In this movie he starts as just another agent of SHIELD, learns shady shit and expresses his disapproval, then when things aren't the way he thought he goes against the organization he placed his trust in to stand for what he believes in even if no one else in SHIELD does. Nat also has progression but like with Steve is was a little more subtle than in standard capeshit. Her motivations are that she wants to make up for all the wrongs she's done by working for SHIELD, but like Steve realizes that you cannot blindly put faith in any organization. Like Steve she chooses to stand for her ideals and become a Superheroine instead of an agent. To make up for her wrongs she won't do spy work for whichever government she thinks is right, she'll do her best to protect the people from things they can't protect themselves from.
I feel like Bucky has more progression than you give him credit for. I find the final fight between Steve and Bucky to be absolute kino because of this. Bucky is still under brainwashing by the end of the movie but he's trying to learn, trying to find who he is. cont.
>>
nice blogpost

upvoted
>>
>>82494656
>>82494815
He can't stop himself from doing his mission but you can see it's tearing him apart to do it. He desperately wants to just talk to Steve and find out who he is. The last line Steve says is just enough to hold him back, and he cannot stop himself from saving Steve from drowning, showing that the slightest part of Bucky is coming back. Throughout the movie we can see he hates being the Winter Soldier, and don't forget that this movie was never meant to be a conclusion to this story.
>>
I think you meant to post this on blogspot.com you humongous faggot, at least put it in the other containment threads, your shit opinion doesn't warrant one.
>>
File: 1461695520177.jpg (51 KB, 415x392) Image search: [Google]
1461695520177.jpg
51 KB, 415x392
>>82494656
>not enough quips!
>the car chase doesn't fit in a superhero movie, why isn't this "generic capeshit #234"?
Take your shitty blogpost back to plebbit.
>>
>>82494901
>>82494853
>>82494819
>>82494744
>>82494742
lmao at least I can form a constructive argument. Your movie's bad and you should feel bad, faggots.
>>
>>82494656
>this was metal gear solid or whatever
That's because there was a ton of similarities between it and Sons of Liberty beyond just the overall feel.
>>
>>82494931
I'd enjoy a MGSCU.

As long as it was properly planned and not full of the anachronistic bullshit from Peace Walker and MGS V.
>>
>>82494656
>metal gear solid like
>bad
>>
>>82494665
If you want actual rebuttals, you have to come up with legit analysis, not plain accusations.

We have general and critic concencus to back up claiming the movie is really good, so until you back up your opinion you're just a contrarian.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>82494919
Your constructive arguments push a thread off page 10, kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>82494931
>mfw Kojima and Abrams are bros
>mfw Abrams gets Kojima into Disney's good graces
>mfw Kojima directing an MCU movie
>>
>>82495022
He's allowed to dislike a movie, you know. Although his "haha your movie is shit and you should feel shit" response proves that he's either baiting or less capable of balanced thoughts about a movie than I initially assumed from the OP post.

I mean I don't like Ghostbusters but I don't go around calling it a shit film on Ghostbusters fanboards.
>>
>>82495022
>come up with legit analysis
Which I did do, using examples from the fucking movie. I don't know how much more objective you can get.
>>
>>82495066
Hi OP you said this wasn't a troll thread but when I made two posts earlier in the thread in response to the OP you ignored them. Go fuck yourself, I hope you kill yourself since you have such bad taste in film, capeshit, and arguments. You just ignored them because I was right, didn't you?
>>
>>82495107
I ignored them because I respected your opinion. There's nothing more to it than that. I don't believe you were right, no.
>>
>>82495066
Obviously the movie's writing is too subtle for you.
>>
>>82495035
What would it be?
>>
>>82495125
To be honest mate, your opinions on the film sound like they came from someone who just didn't understand it. Sounds like it just went right over your head. You're the equivalent of a kid who plays call of duty but when a more high brow game is put on they scream WHERE ARE THE EXPLOSIONS??? THIS IS LAME
>>
>>82495050
You should.
The only good Ghostbusters movie is 2, and anyone who argues otherwise has nostalgia goggles on.
>>
>>82495176
I'm sorry but are you denying that
>Bucky had a lame final fight?
>Bucky, the titular character, wasn't relevant to the plot or theme(s) of the movie?
>virginity jokes are bad?
>the initial theme of the film was thrown out the window in favor of a more cliché plot?
>>
>>82495022
>We have general and critic concencus to back up claiming the movie is really good, so until you back up your opinion you're just a contrarian.
I don't hate the movie, but fuck off. Your kind is cancer.
>>
Hijicking this thread because OP is just baiting.

This movie was terrible. How can anybody like it?

Jesus.
>>
File: D for descarted.png (616 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
D for descarted.png
616 KB, 800x800
>>82494656
>muh opinions

Anon, this movie doesn't have a single bad scene.
>>
>>82495230
You like virginity jokes?
>>
>>82495191
The final fight with Bucky was straight Kino once Steve gave up fighting. Bucky was also very central to the plot, Hydra controlling him is a large factor into how Hydra infiltrated SHIELD that badly over time.I don't really think it was as much of a joke as two different characters interacting. Widow is very promiscuous due to the nature of her job, and she found it amusing just how pure Cap is. I'm going to ignore that last point, because you just called the plot cliche while saying in the OP that a lot of the spy thriller parts don't belong in a superhero movie. If cape movies didn't try to be more than simple cape flicks then they would be awfully cliche.
>>
>>82495230
Everything with Black Widow, but she consistently brings every movie she's in down.
>>
>>82495239
Only virgins don't like virginity jokes
>>
File: 1462346188104.jpg (71 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462346188104.jpg
71 KB, 640x640
>>82494656
>>82494665
Rebutals to what?
You didn't like it, even if we explain to you why it's good, will you suddenly force yourself to like it?
>>
>>82495279
Of course he will. As a being of pure, objective logic he decides whether he "likes" something based on arguments for and against it.
>>
>>82495274
Virgin here, it didn't trigger me like it did OP but probably because OP is ugly and fat while I'm thin and handsome
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.