[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no Mike W. Barr Batman collection Why no love for the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
>no Mike W. Barr Batman collection

Why no love for the best Batman writer?
>>
> No Norm Breyfogle vol 2
They hate the best artist
>>
Man remember that period when Brubaker and Rucka were double teaming the bat lineup? That shit was great. The actual stories themselves didn't exactly make the earth move but shit was so consistently good for such a long time. Mannnn.
>>
>>82491011
>he will never the money he needs to help pay for medical for his stroke
>>
>>82491011
Amazon says Vol2 is coming out Jan 2017 though
>>
I'm glad DC seems to be getting their shit together with digital versions of their old stuff finally. Their prices don't seem that great, though.
>>
>>82491107
I had to look for it, but you're right. DC is also putting out a collection of Anarky
>>
>>82490968
I just want a complete collection of Batman and the Outsiders.

And maybe the Outsiders series that followed.
>>
>>82490968

I've never read any of his Batman, to my knowledge. Where should I start?
>>
>>82490968
But Morrison's run is collected.
>>
>>82491067
I donated 5 bucks, but I guess that wasn't enough ;_;
>>
>>82493861
I love Grant but I can't put his stuff at the top
>>
>>82493861
Morrison's run is garbage, unless it's the only batman you've ever read
>>
>>82490968
I seriously hope you're kidding
>>
Barr is shit. If you want to talk about Engleheart, then go ahead.
>>
>>82493888
nope, no collected run of his Batman work to the best of my knowledge

no collections like Moench or Wein's
>>
>>82493845
Fear for Sale

best Scarecrow story
>>
>>82493915
>Muh Strange Apparitions
>>
>>82490968
Barr did the writing for the Legends of the Dark Knight: Alan Davis hardcover. He had a copy on display when I met him a few years back and he offered it to me for 75% off the cover price because no one else wanted it since there's an incomplete story (Alan Davis only did art for two of the three issues in Year Two, so the other isn't collected) and signed it. He was a really cool guy to talk to as well.
>>
>>82494150
I wouldn't want a complete hardcover of year two for 100% off
>>
>>82494162
I wouldn't want a complete collection of year two for 100% off.
>>
>>82494162
It collects a bunch of stuff, including Year Two and Full Circle. Barr was such a nice guy and I've been a big fan of Alan Davis' art since I first discovered Excalibur as a kid, so I couldn't turn it down.
>>
File: mike-w-barr.jpg (48 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
mike-w-barr.jpg
48 KB, 850x400
>>
>no messner-loebs anything
>>
>>82493801
They've been pushing Katana for a few years now so maybe?
>>
>>82490968
I've been reading a bunch of bronze age Batman lately and Barr got alot of letters published
>>
>no trades of the Maggin/Bates/Swan superman run
We did get a trade of the "Kryptonite Nevermore" arc, so it's not all bad news.
>>
>>82494878
Maggins Superman is the best Superman. A real shame DC hasn't collected that.
>>
>>82493886
Stop saying this pls. It makes you look stupid.
>>
>>82494995
but its true
>>
>>82494878
>>82494929
We need Curt Swan omnibus. Also there's Superman in the 70s trade.
>>
>>82495463
nah
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.