[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the MCU ever be able to produce a villain as good as Doc Ock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 720x540
Will the MCU ever be able to produce a villain as good as Doc Ock?
>>
HmmmNA
HmmmmmNA
HmmNa HmmNa!
>>
File: 240px-Butterfinger_wrapped.jpg (11 KB, 240x71) Image search: [Google]
240px-Butterfinger_wrapped.jpg
11 KB, 240x71
>>
>>82486933
Personally I want Doc Ock as the main homecoming villain. Do the master planner stuff forming the sinister six with him as the lead.
>>
Whatever MCU villains are lacking, I don't feel like it's the Raimi trilogy's one-size-fits-all tragic villain redemption arc
>>
>>82486986
Feige said he wanted to have heroes that have never been used in movies before.
Plus it's pretty much confirmed that it's going to be Vulture.
Maybe Mysterio in the second one.
>>
>>82486933
>I am evil because of super intelligent robot arms taking over my mind

He wasn't that great a villain, desu senpai
>>
>>82486933
As in a more interesting villain? Because they did that already with Fisk
>>
>>82487011
>Raimi trilogy's one-size-fits-all tragic villain redemption arc
Did you even watch the first Spider-Man movie?
>>
>>82487013
But cant we just cut the chickenshit and go all in?
>Doctor Octopus
>Vulture
>Shocker
>Rhino
>Mysterio
>Kraven
Im tired of this one and done crap
>>
>>82487070
Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus both die m80.
Doc Ock gets to sacrifice himself, but like the Goblin, all his villainous behavior is chalked up to temporary insanity. They're both regarded essentially as casualties of mental illness.
>>
>>82486961
I can hear it
>>
Even if we get good villains in our Spidey movies moving forward, now that it takes place in the MCU, can they even present them in a way without having the audience say "Why doesn't he just call The Avengers to help?"
>>
File: Mr. Burns Laughing.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Burns Laughing.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>82487048
Good one!
>>
>>82487286
>Post Civil War
What Avengers? And I highly doubt he has the contact info for anyone
>>
>>82487259
Dying =/= Redemption
Goblin was still a monster till the very end, while Octavius at least realized what he was doing and did the right thing.
And I wouldn't really call Octavius mentally ill, it's more a case of absolute power corrupts absolutely.
>>
>>82487286
>Why don't they just call the Avengers?
I fucking hate this so much, this isn't applied to comic books, why should it be applied to comic book movies? Do people just assume that the Avengers are watching screens, waitting for something, anything, bad to happen? If that's the case then how come in comics, when Spider-Man was fighting Juggernaut, The X-Men didn't show up? Or The Avengers? Because they don't fucking need to. You can tell that the people who ask that question have never actually read a fucking comic book in their lives.
>>
>>82487164
>MORE BILLINS =/= GUD MOVEE
It's fucking idiots like you who are responsible for garbage like AmazinG Spider-Man 2, Civil War and Batman V Superman.

Shoving MORE MORE MORE into a movie is the easiest way to ensure it will be shitty.
>>
>>82487259
>like the Goblin, all his villainous behavior is chalked up to temporary insanity.
Wow, holy moly you are pretty stupid.
Green Goblin doesn't get "redemption" at the end of the movie, it's never suggested he was "temporarily" insane.
He pretends to ask peter for help to distract him and then proceeds to try and fucking murder him
>GOD SPEED SPIDER-MAN
The "Don't tell Harry" line isn't supposed to mean he's sorry, he just doesn't want his son to know he was a psychopath.

You really are pretty stupid
>>
>>82487398
Did I EVER say that it would be easy? Fuck no. But Winter Soldier had more than one villain and that turned out fine. Its not like Rhino or Shocker need 2 hours worth of character development. The trick isnt how much screentime their given, its HOW theyre implemented. That said, Im sure Marvel knows what theyre doing
>>
>>82487386
On top of that, it's usually a matter of opportunity. Spiderman is always out there in the streets to meet the threats. When he's fighting a villain alone it's usually because he's the one who found them and needs to take care of them immediately.
>>
>>82487470
>Im sure Marvel knows what theyre doing
>Age of Ultron
>Ant-Man
>Civil War
Not anymore they don't. All of their movies are just Dragon ball Z where they seem to think each successive film needs more and more shit crammed into it
>>
>>82487164
I'd put some more well known villains (Rhyno, Dock Ock, Elektro, Sand-Man) as the sinister six, so you don't have to waste introductions and skip straight up to the actions. Give the roles to well-known actors just to have spidey battle them in his sleep whilst wearing the symbyote suit. Just like Spectacular Spider-Man.
>>
>>82487398
>Civil War
>Garbage
And BvS had far worse issues that had nothing to do with multiple villains.
>>
>>82487524
I'll give you Age of Ultron but youre way fucking off on the other two
>>82487525
Lets just stay clear of the symbiote for a bit. Thats another hornets nest entirely
>>
>>82487362
>Goblin was still a monster till the very end
But the Goblin was explicitly portrayed as insane, Peter figured this out, and Peter remembers the Goblin's death as a failure to save his best friend's father.
>I wouldn't really call Octavius mentally ill
The octopus arms have minds of their own, and the part that keeps them from influencing Octavius's mind gets broken. After that he has conversations with his arms.
>>
>>82487164
I want you to go watch Spider Man 3 and TASM 2, right now.
>>
>>82487524
But Ant-Man was good. And it definitely didn't have more shit crammed into it than previous films. It's probably one of the most straight-forward standalone movies in the MCU.
>>
>>82487398
TWS:
>Rumlow
>Batroc
>Sitwell
>Zola
>Pierce
>Winter Soldier

That's 6 antagonists. All had their presence justified and a function to fill.

Civil War had 12 different heroes, each with their own motivations and personality, plus a villain whose intentions were clear.

BvS had 3 antagonists, and neither occupied more screentime than they needed to. The dialogue sucked, but the number of villains was never a problem.

It's just a matter of doing it right and properly allocate time.

>>82487593
>Lets just stay clear of the symbiote for a bit. Thats another hornets nest entirely
This would be for the final movie in the trilogy, if S1 of Spectacular Spider-Man were to be followed.
>>
>>82487593
Because that Falcon scene SURE did improve the story of Ant-Man, mhm, boy howdy what an essential scene to the plot of the film.
>>
>>82487652
>But Ant-Man was good.
You're entitled to that awful opinion, but Ant-Man was a pretty mediocre movie. It's the most generic cash grab in the entire MCU next to AoU
>>
>>82487663
It sure as fuck didn't hurt none. He had the training, Falcon was the test.

Seriously, besides knowing the meta-reason for him being there, how the fuck did he hinder the movie more than say, Batroc.
>>
>>82487633
see
>>82487470
>>82487654
>>
Wait, so we hate Civil War now? That was fast; it's still not even out here in America
>>
>>82487712
Ok regardless your opinion on the movie, can we just acknowledge that Ant Man, ANT MAN, wasnt a complete fucking mess given the material?
>>
>>82487458
The fact that the Goblin died trying to kill Peter doesn't mean the Goblin wasn't made to seem like a victim of his own mental illness.
>>
>>82487737
Nah, just that contrarian fucker, who probably hasn't even seen it.

Besides of a couple of iffy CGI/animation shots, it was pretty fucking great at accomplishing what it set out to do and then some.
>>
>>82487595
>>82487766
It doesn't matter the reason behind his actions, he never redeemed himself. It's not a redemption story.
>>
>>82487762
But it WAS a mess. The plot was paper thin and all the characters were terrible, and none of the actors even tried and the CGI is astonishingly bad considering the caliber Marvel usually operates on
>>
>>82487768
>just that contrarian fucker
Yes, because when someone doesn't agree with your opinion, they're doing so to be edgy, not because they legitimately have a differing opinion
>>
>>82487811
>the CGI is astonishingly bad considering the caliber Marvel usually operates on
Fucking kek. Marvel's CGI is usually pretty shit, but Ant-Man's was probably one of their best besides GotG.

>>82487832
If you mean 'my opinion', sure. But you're not gonna convince me that /co/'s major opinion of the movie is yours.
>>
>>82487858
>you're not gonna convince me that /co/'s major opinion of the movie is yours.
I never said my opinion is /co/'s
>>
>>82487525
Rhyno is what happens when Aleksei takes estrogen and gets gynecomastia
>>
>>82487811
>>82487858
Nigga some of that wasnt even pure CGI, but magnified camera shots with CGI editing. Take for instance the bathtub scene
>>
>>82486933
Theres a reason the Raimi trilogy is still considered the best spidey trilogy.

It's because the villains were close to their counterparts, raimi fucking loved spider man with all his heart to the point of realizing spiderman 3 was a mistake and wanted to redeem himself in spiderman 4, and it was the closest to the sinister 6 in the MCU we've ever gotten.

Thats why i'm excited for homecoming, the new spidey has toby maguire, and andrew garfield mixed into one. Hes not a hunk who shouldn't be a nerd, and hes not a nerd that shouldn't be spider man. Hes just another kid improvising with the shit he has.
>>
>>82487903
I wonder if they could get D'Onofrio for the MCU Rhyno.
>>
>>82486961
You know, they really need the villains to have bombastic scores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lFsDsXGu5Q

Seriously, this shit i great.
>>
>>82487788
It's not that he redeemed himself, it's that he *was redeemed* by the suggestion that he was insane and therefore not in full control of his actions -- Not doing something he still would have done if he didn't hear his Goblin mask talking to him.
>>
>>82487951
>Theres a reason the Raimi trilogy is still considered the best spidey trilogy.

Because it's the only one?
>>
>>82486933
Generic nice guy becomes evil. OH and his fucking robot claws were controlling his mind and he wasn't really evil at all!

He was okay. I have no concept as to why you people keep claiming he's this amazing fucking villian.
>>
>>82487958
The spider-man trilogy had some of the best music in a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPr8ZqRHTQo
>>
>>82488004
Even if TASM3 would've been a 10/10, the average would still not beat Raimi's.
>>
>>82487970
your and idiot
>>
>>82487524
>Ant-Man
>Civil War
u wot?
>>
>>82487916
The Bathtub scene is one of the worst looking sequences in that movie
>>
>>82488065
It's okay anon, he's just a little donkey-brained
>>
>>82488011
Come to think of it...........what was Doc's deal in comics anyway? I cant for the life of me remember his goal outside of KILL THE WEB HEAD
>>
File: ANTS.jpg (54 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.jpg
54 KB, 655x380
>>82488087
Ah
>>
>>82488077
Alright Im going to call out the shitposting samefag now
>>
>>82487970
He wasn't redeemed. He did that to himself, and he had shown signs of being able to fight it throughout the movie. If anything the goblin was him acting without inhibitions, like when he took his revenge on the board of directors.
>>
>>82486933
The guy who wanted to set up an uncontained fusion reaction in an old brownstone and didn't even make people wear goggles in his "lab"?

He was fairly incompetent.
>>
>>82487970
He wasn't redeemed, what in the fuck?
Would you say the same thing about the Joker dying?
>>
>>82488087
>>82488065
Ant-Man is a pretty sub-par movie. Sorry if I've got standards when it comes to the movies I like
>>
>>82488040
Do you think that if the Goblin had survived, he wouldn't have been judged criminally insane?
Do you think that the criminally insane are considered fully accountable for their actions, however insistently malevolent they might be?
If not, what's your point?
>>
>>82488142
Not to mention, if he really needed like, four extra appendages to contain the reaction, why not just get some lab assistants and each one of them could control one arm?
>>
>>82488166
You're not as deep as you think you are, Busch.
>>
>>82488090
You're not wrong. I checked both Wikipedia and the Marvel Wiki because I couldn't think of his motive either. It just said that after the accident he turned to a life of crime. OKAY COOL.
>>
>>82488090
He's always been crazy. Idk why people hated the idea that he was controlled by arms since it's better than just having him be evil just because "he turned crazy".
>>
>>82488166
>Do you think that if the Goblin had survived, he wouldn't have been judged criminally insane?

He wouldn't. Protip: the Joker isn't criminally insane either
>>
>>82488166
Being insane isn't a justification for murder.
He isn't redeemed until he gets help and begins to understand and maybe feel remorse for his actions.
Dying doesn't automatically redeem you.

If this was true then I guess Injustice Joker was redeemed in death after destroying Metropolis.
>>
>>82488323
So we're really going with his arms want him to "DO SCIENCE SO HARD RIGHT NOW" are we? That just raises more stupid questions but hey comics
>>
Peter Parker befriends a wealthy scientific genius who serves as a sort of mentor and father-figure to Peter. The genius, following a horrible accident relating to his experimentation, becomes mentally unstable and physically gifted, and turns to a life of violent crime. The genius has a personal grudge against Peter's superpowered alter-ego, Spider-Man. This grudge puts not only Peter in danger, but also Aunt May, who the genius pays a startling visit, and Peter's love Mary Jane, who the genius kidnaps as bait for Spider-Man.

YFW Spider-Man 2 lazily rips off Spider-Man.

Disclaimer: I still really like both films, but I guess just because of the villains and their actors.
>>
>>82488386
I mean, they were programmed to do science, right? It makes sense that they would want to do hardcore science. What else would they want to do, become successful businessmen?
>>
Homecoming needs a showstopper
>>
>>82488483
That's more of a 2nd movie villain. One that completely fucks up Spidey emotionally.
>>
>>82488338
Peter felt like the Goblin should have been saved from himself, that he deserved to be rehabilitated.
The Goblin was redeemed in the sense that he was designated less than fully responsible for his actions.
>>
How do we do Kraven convincingly, but authentically?
>>
>>82488601
What are your concerns?
>>
>>82488090
He was actually a brilliant scientist who had created a novel way to use nuclear energy.
But he was sabotageed or something and his brilliant inventions, robot tentacles, that he used to handle the radiation fused too his spine

He found out that not only was his spine permanently fused to the things, but he was v sabotaged but his funds stolen or something and went totally duck tits.

He wanted revenge and money to do SCIENCE.
Oh and it's canon that he started personifying the tentacles but that is an either or thing and at no time was it shown or even hinted at that the tentacles were in control of his mind or will. They are subservient quasi personified entities that he constructed.
>>
>>82488715
I suppose it's the idea of a hunter in a city setting being done in a way that isn't laughable in live action.
>>
>>82488601
Guy is a hard as fuck russian game hunter
wants to kill spider-man for the thrill of the hunt

What else is there?
>>
File: NOOOOOO.png (665 KB, 1024x454) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOO.png
665 KB, 1024x454
>>82486933
>tfw a villain won't ever give a genuine scary scene like this in Marvel movie ever again
https://youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8
>>
>>82488758
If that's the case, do we make him a secondary villain that pops up now and again (risk of being slapsticky comic relief, but Spidey quipping is welcomed quipping)? That doesn't feel like enough of a motive to serve as a satisfying main villain.
>>
>>82488756
Anon, we have a fishbowl doing copperfield shit, a walking vibrator, and half the animal kingdom wanting Peter dead. I think a russian living out The Most Dangerous Game is fine. What do you want him to be the Predator or something?
>>
>>82488832
It was specifically the city setting I was referring to. His costume can one-to-one (I hope it is).
>>
>>82487958
Honestly, something about that level bombast rubs me the wrong way. I prefer Hans Zimmer.
>>
>>82488474
they're a guy's arms, it's impressive that he's even got any dick left to piss from
>>
>>82488897
I honestly dont see the problem with it. Watch Predator 2
>>
>>82488208
>Peter, you're a fine scientist, so I want to let you in on a secret: I'm super into needles. Right in the spine. Love 'em. Sometimes when I'm in bed with my wife -
>Gee Mr Octopus I don't really think -
>Listen, you want a tip for this pizza, you'll hear everything. I want you to come over tonight and stick needles in my asscheeks, Peter. Needles.
>>
>>82488090
I thought it was less about trying to kill Spiderman and more that Spiderman was just in his way while he tried to get revenge for his accident and his ruined career
>>
File: RENT.jpg (74 KB, 824x464) Image search: [Google]
RENT.jpg
74 KB, 824x464
I got the perfect candidate to play Kraven
>>
Jonah Hill as Otto
Bruce Campbell as Kraven
>>
>>82487958
This.
One of the main problems of many MCU villains is the lack of memorable leitmotifs and themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u783jgc0c4U
Last movie I recall even having them is ASM2.
>>
>>82488601
Wealthy nobleman from a line of warriors, knights and soldiers of fortune.
Is one of the most dangerous mercenaries on the planet and comes at an astonishingly high cost.

The terrifying thing about him is that his massive kill counts are accomplished with knives swords boa spears primitive weapons and his bare hands and teeth.
There's even stories of him having a large game presereve filled with animals that he hunts by hand.

He seemingly has enhanced senses and abnormal strength that is slightly above captain america like 3 ton range.
But his real strength is his animalistic nature and experience and skill as a hunter tracker and life long warrior.

Oh and he'll probaly use parkour and bestial movements as well as maybe some form of cloaking technology. Maybe mystical in nature.
>>
>>82489254
Why not throw in a Wakanda reference while youre at it
>>
File: Fishbowl.jpg (283 KB, 1280x912) Image search: [Google]
Fishbowl.jpg
283 KB, 1280x912
>>82488483
>that design
No thank you.
Either have the dome, or don't bother.
Something like Shattered Dimensions's design would be fantastic.
>>82488601
Have him be a recurring villain in the first two. Not entirely minor, but secondary compared to the main villain. His origins don't matter right now, don't bother. Maybe have him cameo in Black Panther too before fully appearing in Spider-Man.
Then end the trilogy off with an adaptation Kraven's Last Hunt that finally expands further into his story.
>>
>>82489346
Having Kraven and Black Panther be bitter rivals who have a permanent truce but meet occasionally to duel in a part of Africa would be interesting.
>>
>>82489403
What about this?
>>
>>82489495
I'd still prefer a full on dome, but I'd take something like that too I suppose.
>>
So for Mysterio, we gonna do a Spider-Man meets Now You See Me, kinda thing (but imagine that Now You See Me was a solid B+ at least and not the dumpster fire turd bomb that it is).
>>
>>82486933
>wife dies
>gets over it in 2 seconds and decides to build the same death machine that killed her

yeah, great villain. and don't give me the "his arms told him to do it" shit, that makes it even worse. Doc Ock should control them himself, that'd give more depth because then the viewer would know he's accountable for all his actions, rather than blaming it on magic CGI droid arms.
>>
>>82489670
I could buy that, but its should get ridiculous with holograms and hammy theatrics
>>
>>82489716
Over the top shakesperean and constantly does accents fake personas and changes his look at the drop of a hat and the like?
As long as he's not kill everything that moves kind of lame ass and is all about "what entertains the audience"

I can dig it. He'd be a more effective and entertaining joker.

Hell they could get super meta and shit with him and get him all into the net and stuff.
>>
File: 1460052385924.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1460052385924.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>82487398
>Civil War
>Garbage
>>
>>82487654
>That's 6 antagonists. All had their presence justified and a function to fill.

>Batroc
Batroc was an introduction, not an antagonist. He, as a character, served no purpose in the greater story. He had no greater motivations. He just got the action going and disappeared.

>Rumlow, Sitwell, Zola, Pierce, Winter Soldier
The antagonist was Hydra. These guys formed a cohesive unit and each served a purpose, but none were actually the greater villian (which was Hydra). Through fighting the Winter Soldier and crashing the Helicarrier, Cap defeated Hydra.

Winter solder was a single-antagonist movie. More than one antagonist bogs down the movie since you have to explore motivations for each antagonist.

That's why Winter Soldier was good and multi-antagonist movies were crap.
>>
What villain do you guys want to be Spidey's Turk Barrett (popping up here and there just to get his ass whooped)?

I want Shocker so badly. Just give him this function, MCU/Sony!
>>
File: Spock shrug.png (171 KB, 335x358) Image search: [Google]
Spock shrug.png
171 KB, 335x358
> Marvel will never make a Superior movie
>>
>>82489914
All of them.
He has a revolving door of low level super powered villians and he basically acts as the guy who introduces people to the real world of MCU.
Maybe have spot slyde speed devil paste pot pete and stiltman in there.

Can really see him having a laugh at paste pot pete and not being able to stop him as he walks out of the bank pissed. Maybe have the entire bank laugh at him.

Then later in the movie he comes back as THE TRAPSTER. And spiderman is all
"wait a second, I know that voice? Pete is that you?"
and he's all "NO I AM THE TRAPSTER" an spidey is like "Pete I know that's you dude" and Paste pot gets pissed and they start fighting.

It can just be a lot of special effects and cool stuff happening because that's the MCU now. Throwaway villians with cool powers and a few namedrops of low level superheroes.

He swings by a starbucks and we here someone at the counter say something about JENN WALTERS YOUR COFFEE IS READY and other stuff.
>>
>>82490075
That gag of Paste Pot Pete/Trapster spread across a movie at the beginning and end would have me in the theater regardless of the main villain.
>>
>>82490075
Replace Paste Pot Pete with Kingpin and Trapster with Rhyno.
>>
File: 793504-prv2568_pg1.jpg (238 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
793504-prv2568_pg1.jpg
238 KB, 900x1366
>>82490075
>Why the good holy FUCK do the different time zone clocks have different hours AND minutes
>>
>>82488587
You don't understand what redemption means.
>>
>>82490227
I thought it would be kind of funny. GIve the audience something to latch onto and for it to play up the...carnival and fun nature of the MCU.

And the Trapster punchline at the end should end the series. After he defeats the real big bad.

>>82490260
No and No.
Kingpin is to serious(plus the CW version of him is boring as fuck and not comic booky enough) and Rhino is a main villian in and of himself. A big deal that should be played up as a near hulk tier threat.

>>82490307
REASONS!!
>>
>>82491325
Not series. Movie.
It's supposed to be a light hearted sci-fi adventure movie for kids and teens.
>>
>>82489842
>He, as a character, served no purpose in the greater story. He had no greater motivations. He just got the action going and disappeared.
I'm tired of saying this every thread, but that's the only think people like Electro, Rhino, Scorpion or Shocker need to be, they are just plain old bad guys better as just dumb muscle for either Ock, Kingping or Osborne, not to hog the movie for themselves
>>
>>82487663
It was what landed Scott to be an Avenger. He can now be a true hero to the people who called him bad in front of Cassie.
>>
>>82489842
Batroc was hired by Fury so no one would notice Natasha stealing the data from S.H.I.E.L.D on the Star. That was pretty important to the story.
>>
>>82488145
Okay, but did you see Civil War?
>>
>>82488761
That's not scary. That's Army of Darkness-tier.
Although I admit it's scarier than anything in MCU outside of Kingpin in S2 of Daredevil.
>>
>>82487663
Falcon was getting in the way of Scott stealing the tech to infiltrate Darren's lab. It also showed Scott's fight training by Hope in action.
>>
>>82493498
No, not okay, Ant-Man was great.
>>
>>82486933
He didnt make sense.

How could he survive spidey punching him several times in the face?
>>
>>82493553
I agree. That anon already made his point about hating Ant-Man, so I want to know why he hates Civil War.
>>
>>82490031
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>82493520
I don't know, Darren getting shrunk one limb at a time wasn't "scary" scary but it was pretty gruesome.
>>
>>82486933
Baron Zemo, I hope.
>>
>>82493663
Already not a baron.
>>
File: fire.png (939 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
939 KB, 490x490
Why did he throw that car at peter?
>>
>>82493668
Helmut Zemo.
>>
>>82493553
It was a really good time.
>>
>>82487286
>solo movie
>"why don't they just call the Avengers?"
>Civil War
>"TOO MANY AVENGERS REEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>82491749
Ock is dumb muscle with more then a few braincells to rub together.
Kingpin does not work with Spiderman anymore
Osborne is a solo act.

And electro and rhino could take out virtually the entirety of the rest of his rogues gallery barring venom.
>>
>>82487013
>Mysterio
By far my favourite Spidey villain.
>>
>>82489225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k
This one is pretty good
>>
>>82487970
Peter feeling guilt is not an implicit redemption of Norman Osborne. That speaks more about Peter's mental state than whether or not Osborne was redeemable or not.
>>
File: My sides.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
My sides.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>82486968
>>
>>82486933
>Will the MCU ever be able to produce a villain as good as Doc Ock?
Most of them are, Doc Ock sucked.
>Muh arms are making me evil
>>
>>82487013
It's gonna be Judas Traveler
>>
>>82487398
>Civil War
>Garbage

wow. usually theres a couple of weeks before someone tries to be a contrarian and call a popular movie shit. like with GoTG and Star Wars TFA. I guess now people want to be the first naysayer asap.
>>
>>82487712
>AoU
>generic

say what you will about AoU but its full whedon. its not good but its not generic.
>>
>>82488761
the tentacles look so fucking cool.
>>
File: haddock.jpg (4 KB, 172x157) Image search: [Google]
haddock.jpg
4 KB, 172x157
>>82487013
>tfw Mysterio will never be Bruce 'The Chin' Campbell

it hurts.
>>
>all of these people saying the arms made him evil
All the arms want is for Otto to accomplish his life-long dream of building the fusion reactor at any cost. They seem to worship Otto and his goals. By the end of the film its clear that Otto has the willpower to easily overpower them if he wants to (he says "listen to me now!" like twice and they immediately fall into line). The arms only really seem to stroke his ego a little and he immediately agrees that completing his project is worth any price. He's the polar opposite of Peter. Remember that Peter gave up on being Spider-man on his accord, only to have Aunt May convince him that sometimes you need to give up on your dreams to do what is right. Otto is the opposite, with his arms convincing him that one should never give up on dreams, regardless of the amorality required to pursue them. The arms represent the dream itself and the all-consuming desire to pursue those dreams. His arms aren't controlling him, they just convince him of what he already wants. They are an expression of his id overtaking his super-ego. The psychology of Molina's Doctor Octopus is a lot more interesting than the psychology of most one-note villains we see in the MCU today, and the way the hero-villain dichotomy is depicted in SM 2 is absolutely brilliant compared to the simple "evil version of hero" we get in the MCU (Red Skull is evil Cap, Stane, Hammer, and Killian are evil Tony, etc.).
>>
>>82495788
I know he'll never be cast, but I still think it could work. Mysterio being a bitter, washed-up old SFX master really works for the character.
>>
File: WhyCan'tWeHaveNiceThings.png (682 KB, 712x1100) Image search: [Google]
WhyCan'tWeHaveNiceThings.png
682 KB, 712x1100
>>82495788
>>
>Marvel will never make a good live action villain.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
Plus Mysterio is like 90% voice. Bruce would be perfect for that hammy B-movie grandstanding lovable asshole.

SPIDER-MAN! DARE YOU MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH MY DEADLY MISTS? IF YOU DO, YOUR REWARD IS MY FIST IN YOUR FACE!

DID I SAY FIST? I MEAN THOUSANDS OF GIANT ELECTRIC FISTS OF DOOOOOOM
>>
>>82495911
DO WANT
>>
>>82495911
I still want Kate Mulgrew for Mysterio. Imagine the reveal.
>>
>>82496076
>Kate Mulgrew

oh god. Have campbell play him for the entire movie then have the post credits be mysterio going home taking off the helmet and costume then sitting down and turning off the image inducer and it being mulgrew after all.

That would be a brilliant double fuck.
>>
>>82488386
Think them this way.
They were connected to him before the incident and were receiving inputs about doing scientific research, and the guy was on the verge of making a great discovery in nuclear fusion field, so we can bet he was filled with endorphine and shit.
It had some inhibitor chip from the beginning, so maybe all his emotions and desires were amplified by this technological harness strapped to his very nerves.
So the moment he is fused with them, they are just receiving loads and loads of input - to do science, to further the discovery and enhancement of his theories in fusion power.
When he woke up, we was obviously overwhelmed by his own desires, recorded in the machines.
>>
>>82488601
make him like a scarred beast.
Don't just add stupid pelts or trophies.
Make so many scars because despite being able to dodge most ranged attacks, once he closes in for the kill, he doesn't let go, not even if you stab him in the eye.
>>
MCU has like a dozen movies and not a single Villain is amazing. Normies don't find anyone memorable except Loki.

DC at least has good villains even if they become memes. Like Bane, Joker, Batman, Superman, Zod etc.
>>
>>82488601
My idea has always been for Kraven to be a deadly mercenary who loves the thrill of the hunt and has killed all manner of beast with his bare hands. Have some big corporate baddie like Roxxon or Osborn, who ideally came into conflict with Spidey in an earlier movie, hire Kraven to capture Spider-Man. Kraven goes after him but is defeated, at which point his pride drives him nuts and he becomes obsessed with killing Spider-Man with his bare hands. At this point he goes rogue from whoever originally hired him and starts performing weird voodoo ceremonies to enhance his strength and senses before going after Peter a second time. From there I'd basically have it play out like Kraven's Last Hunt, with Kraven replacing Spidey before he returns for the final showdown.
>>
>>82486933
>Hears voices of his head for contrived and convenient reasons
>Motives are non-existent and serve no purpose
>Suddenly decides to stop listening to the voice because the plot needs him too

Black Electro was a better villain.
>>
File: Kraven.jpg (903 KB, 1280x1979) Image search: [Google]
Kraven.jpg
903 KB, 1280x1979
>>82488601
>big game hunter, not world famout but famous enough
>we get a shirtless scene and see his body is covered in scars
>hunted and killed the ice beast that was roaming around London after Thor 2
I'm not sure if he should just show up out of no where and start hunting to kill Peter, or have Jonah hire him to cature Spider-Man and then he reveals that he was gonna come to New York and hunt him anyway
>uses his special jungle herbs to boost his senses and his body
>he does ANYTHING to catch his prey; endangering his own life, taking a hostage to get Peter to come back to the fight
>variety of weapons, ranging from a big hunting knife to a net gun
dressed like pic related, or like how he was in the ASM2 game
>>
File: UwBYONC.jpg (81 KB, 960x814) Image search: [Google]
UwBYONC.jpg
81 KB, 960x814
>>82496460
>>
>>82487958
>>82489225
As crappy as ASM2 was, I actually really dug Electro's weird whispery dubstep theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqviqEnRJ4

I feel like there's a different villain it'd fit better than Electro, but I don't know who. Not necessarily a Spider-Man villain, or even a Marvel villain, but definitely a super-villain.

Maybe the comic book version of Zoom.
>>
>>82496460
>>82496467
Or, or, it's a brother deal. Chameleon is in New York doing something for like Roxxon or whoever and calls in Kraven, his estranged hunter/mercenary brother to bag the prize of his lifetime. Krave won't know, but he's serving as a distraction so Chameleon can do whatever it is he's doing, but her probably wouldnt care either way
>>
>>82496535
*he
>>
File: Krueger.jpg (88 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Krueger.jpg
88 KB, 800x532
>>82488897
You get this guy to play him.
>>
>>82487737
It was "fine" imo. Not in a rush to see it again.
>>
>>82496607
It sounds weird, but I ever since watching Elysium I always thought that he'd make a really good Carnage. I mean, sure he's got the accent but fuck it, I think it'd work.
>>
How could a normal human take punches from Spider-Man?
>>
>>82496691
He constantly holds back so he doesnt cripple or kill anyone
>>
File: 1411847004516.png (116 KB, 282x280) Image search: [Google]
1411847004516.png
116 KB, 282x280
>>82488761
>Chainsaw falls off table
>Hand raised into frame gripping chainsaw
Fuck man, I love Raimi so much.
>>
Is there anything that says an actor in a previous non Marvel Studios role could come back and play a character again? Because I want Molina back as Ock, even if just in a cameo role.
>>
>>82488912
are you trying to say that Zimmer doesn't go 100% ultra bombastic all the time? fuck outta here
>>
>>82487524
>He still hasn't watched Antman.
>>
>>82496669
Actually Copley did a pretty good American accent in Europa Report. The guy's just a great fucking actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsrpWvUQB4
>>
>>82496490
It felt really obvious and dumb to me. Just have someone whispering Electro's thoughts on the soundtrack? Lame.

But everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's just my two cents.
>>
>>82496425
wrong on all counts.
Voices in head are set up beforehand. Motives are clear and obvious. Decides to stop listening for clear reasons that fit with the established themes and characterizations of the film.

Black Electro had literally no motivation or character beyond "crazy guy who hates Spider-Man because of no reason."
>>
>>82489225
This one's pretty neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhIvDm0JlOM
>>
>>82487286
Cap's Avengers are fugitives hiding out in Wakanda.
Tony's Avengers only consist of himself, War Machine, and Vision and need permission from the UN to intervene.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.