[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is going on with this. Anti Moniter randomly taken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: Justice_League_049_2016_We.jpg (257 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_049_2016_We.jpg
257 KB, 520x800
What the fuck is going on with this. Anti Moniter randomly taken out by new final boss Steve Trevor?

+ every other plot going on
>>
>>82486838
It was super interesting a few issues ago when the heroes got God powers and Darkseid died.

Every issue since then has just crammed in more characters and the suddenly AM goes down. What the hell.
>>
>>82486838
Why is jessica fighting for earth-3?
>>
>>82486929
Power ring and grid took over Jessica and cyborg.

Actual Jessica and Cyborg are trapped in lantern cyberspace, but there are so many plot points going on that it hasn't been investigated.
>>
>>82486838
You missed the grail tie-in, right? The anti life equation was removed from the Anti Monitor's body and Grail fused it to steve trevor. Technically speaking, Steve Trevor is the new Anti Monitor. The other guy is just mobius. That's why he was taken down so easily
>>
>>82487106
into the trash this story goes.

So much promise.
>>
>>82487172
I generally enjoyed it. Ecept for th last issue since it stretched the mystery of the baby for far too long, and Mobius went out too easily. I still have faith in the last issue, thought. Plus the tie-ins were quite great.
>>
>>82487579
There is one issue left and new characters are STILL getting introduced.

They will barely have enough space to give each character a panel to develop in. Yet we are supposed to have the God league plot resolved, baby plot resolved, crime syndicate plot resolved, barda plot do something? AM plot, steve plot and ofcourse the darkseid twist (because it is called the Darkseid war).
>>
>>82487640
It's double sized.
>>
>>82487687
Even then...
>>
>>82487579

yes this whole event was worthy just for having batman sitting on that chair and that cool looking dark superman
>>
>>82486838
>What the fuck is going on with this.

Johns was taking a bath playing with a rubber duck and his Forever evil figures and had a great idea for new toys. He would give god powers to the league so they could had new colored suits, just like in sinestro corps, blackest night, flashpoint, JLorigins and forever evil! More toys!

He wanted to use darkseid, gave them new god pwoers, but forgot about writting the story, he killed Darkseid in 3 panels in the 4th issue and then nothing happened until the end, only characters saying
>mobius mobius mobius mobius! so we don0t forget than The anti-monitor was a new god that really hates darkseid
He then run out of time and issues and is trying to tie all the mess in the last issue.

It's shit
>>
>>82487720
Yeah It seems complicated. I guess I'll just wait and see. At least I'm almost certain that I'm going to enjoy it more than the last issue. Plus #51 will be an aftermath issue, according to the solicits. Even thought it's not written by Johns. And not drawn by Fabok, sadly. The art alone makes the event a lot more appealing.
>>
>>82487741
>just for having batman sitting on that chair

Meh. johns benched two thirds of the league for 90% of the issues so far, so batman sitting and doing nothing is not interesting. Barry has been doing that since issue 1.
>>
>>82487901
For me, we are 10 or so issues in, a bunch of one shots and a single that set up the war. But what has happened plot wise?

1. Darkseid killed and JL gets God powers
2. ??
>>
>>82487901
>Yeah It seems complicated.
Is not complicated, is just a bad story
>>
>>82487938
>Barry has been doing that since issue 1
I picked up JL because the quality of Flash in new 52 was so low. Barry has been benched for the entire time.

AWOL for throne of atlantis, sucked into firestorm matrix for forever evil, caught a virus for amazo, body taken over in Darkseid war, disconnected from speedforce for trinity war.
>>
>>82487960
I mean complicated to tie up, since there seems to be a lot fo loose ends.
>>
>>82488046
But doesn't that make it a bad story? If you have a ton of loose ends that you can't tie up?
>>
>>82487857
What's up with the toys meme? Does dc sell action figures based on particular events that general audiences may not have read? (I don't live in the U.S so this is an actual question).
>>
>>82488099
>Does dc sell
No
>>
>>82488063
The overall quality of the story will depend a lot on the last issue. I think the first act was great. Most of the tie ins were, too (Particularly Luthor, GL and Shazam). The second act is pretty slow paced and the last issue felt like nothing really happened. Or at least nothing that should have happened (*cough* stretching the birth of superwoman's child for 2 entire issues *cough*), given how little time Johns had to wrap it up.
>>
>>82488207
>The overall quality of the story will depend a lot on the last issue
I disagree, a story that simply meanders for massive portions is boring.

I also strongly doubt Johns will pull off a satisfying conclusion, there are too many die in the air.
>>
>>82488000
Because Flash is so powerful he could solve all of those conflicts on his own in less than one issue so they have to bench him so fans don't go "Why doesn't the Flash just blah blah blah?"
>>
>tfw /co/ trusts Johns
>tfw /co/ believes Rebirth is going to be good and not another Johns disaster

It will be a bigger mess than the start of the New 52. You can count on it.
>>
>>82488271
>Because Flash is so powerful he could solve all of those conflicts on his own in less than one issue so they have to bench him so fans don't go "Why doesn't the Flash just blah blah blah?"
That's not true. A good writer knows how to use the Flash, you don't just fucking bench him, hell, they didn't bench Superman who is equally over powered. Superman could have punched Orm's head off in the first panel of Throne of Atlantis.

We could have had Flash saving people in the flooding city during throne of atlantis arc, you know, saving people. His fighting of Amazo could have given the villain a HEAP of energy to absorb, raising the stakes. The Crime Syndicate could have defeated Flash too so I don't think he would have belted them in one issue, instead we had the butler (E3 Alfred) OUTSPEED THE FLASH. That is terrible, awful writing.

I can buy that Vibe disconnected him from the speedforce, but why didn't he do any forensics work to clear supermans name? That is in character and would have progressed the plot as there was a group of characters trying to do just that.

"Flash is too powerful" is a shitty copout.
>>
>>82487640
Let's not forget the Joker's True Identity Revealed!!!!!!
>>
>>82488403
and Jessica/Cyborg trapped in central power battery arc.
>>
i just want the doom patrol back ?
>>
>>82488437
This shit should have double shipped and gotten the entire Johns team(Ries, Mahnke, Prado, Frank, and Finch) and just gotten this shit out.
>>
>>82488468
But they never went anywhere, anon. We are all the Doom Patrol, remember?
>>
>>82488292
If anything the description makes it seem like it's gonna be the opposite of the n52. And as ugly as 2011/2012 were for dc, It's effects will eventually be forgotten and it will become another cosmic event that enrichened the long evolution of the DC Multiverse. It was even acknowledged in Multiversity and the prelude of Darkseid War
>>
>>82488468
Young Animal My Chemical Romance is writing it.
>>
>>82486912
>AM goes down
Not just that, he got one shot.
>>
>>82488468
I have mostly enjoyed Johns arc and even I must admit that they probably won't come back anytime soon. At least not in the JL main title.
>>
>>82488550
Yeah the two big deaths (AM and Darkseid) have been deus ex one shots.
>>
>>82488519
The opposite as in they are trying to undo the new 52? Maybe
It's still gonna be a bigger mess because they are trying to undo it but "not really"
>>
>>82488207
>The overall quality of the story will depend a lot on the last issue.

So far is terrible
>>
>>82488776
>>82488550

And ultraman.
>>
>>82489378
Flash also telegraphed (read, spoiled) all the deaths.
>>
File: Justice-League-War-Shazam-1.jpg (615 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-War-Shazam-1.jpg
615 KB, 900x1366
>>82487741
I think the whole event was worth it for the bitchin' Shazam one-shot. Steve Orlando wrote this and it was great, he's got a wonderful handle on the kind of magical/omnipotent shenanigans that I want in a Shazam comic. If Johns isn't going to do one, let Orlando have it. It's not like he's on Midnighter anymore...

Seriously, being a Shazam/Captain Marvel fan is suffering right now. I think out of all the New52 characters, he got one of the best revamps, and I really wanted to see more. I started buying Justice League just because he was in it, but that was usually restricted to like, a page or two a month. He still hasn't gotten an ongoing, and now he's getting dumped out of the League once Rebirth starts. Fuckin' sucks man.
>>
>>82489378
How did ulty die. I missed that issue.
>>
>>82488271
Why would they even bother including Flash at all then? They had no problems kicking Hal out for 30 issues
>>
>>82490476
I liked the Shazam one shot a lot but the GL one shot made Darkseid War all worth it to me

best GL thing in YEARS
>>
>>82490476

I agree, Orlando gave us back a lot of most important stuff about the character, stuff that Johns got rid just by the sake of doing something new.

Really hoping orlando can get a Billy Batson Mini.

>>82490499
His whole controbution was to hit Superman (god of power) in one panel, and then get killed in the next one.
>>
File: 1461862848043.jpg (13 KB, 213x236) Image search: [Google]
1461862848043.jpg
13 KB, 213x236
>>82490476
>teve Orlando wrote this and it was great, he's got a wonderful handle on the kind of magical/omnipotent shenanigans that I want in a Shazam comic. If Johns isn't going to do one, let Orlando have it. It's not like he's on Midnighter anymore...
He's exclusive to DC too!

>>82490597
Even better, Tom and Doc both want to do it and are both DC exclusive.
>>
>>82490597
Actually, yeah. I don't even generally care for Green Lantern, and I loved that one-shot. I mostly checked it out for Shaner's art, but it was great, through and through.
>>
>>82490476
Not really a big Shazam fan, but that one-shot blew me away. Do we know if there's going to be a follow-up with Billy getting used to his new powers or is it going to be hand waved away by Rebirth?
>>
>>82490759
As far as I can tell, he isn't featured in any book once Rebirth starts, so I can image it will just get hand-waved away, if he ever does make a come back. I thought I heard DC was announcing another wave of new books for October at some point. Here's hoping he gets something.

One anon and I were discussing the idea of Billy's pantheon of Gods constantly shifting and changing over the course of a book so he could get all kinds of new powers. Shit would be awesome.
>>
File: 1460843671474.jpg (40 KB, 284x327) Image search: [Google]
1460843671474.jpg
40 KB, 284x327
>>82490823
>At the end of his new run gets to activate different powers based on different gods. New Gods, Greek Gods, Norse Gods, etc.
>>
>>82490695
>Even better, Tom and Doc both want to do it and are both DC exclusive.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/716810756952563713

I want to believe
>>
>>82490823
>Billy's pantheon of Gods constantly shifting and changing over the course of a book so he could get all kinds of new powers
Exactly this. I loved how the Wizard picked these gods randomly as well so Billy has to find a way to use them effectively. Gives me DialH vibes
>>
>>82490867
>>82490867
Based DiDio finally convinced Johns to let the character go to other writters.
>>
File: shazam-vs-zonuz-6.jpg (147 KB, 620x477) Image search: [Google]
shazam-vs-zonuz-6.jpg
147 KB, 620x477
>>82490863
That would be sweet. Every time he needs to acquire a new power, he would either have to do it by forming an agreement with the God in question if they are willing, or beating the shit out of them if they aren't. Holy fuck I want this book so bad.

>>82490867
I said before, I've never been a huge GL fan, but I would become one in a heartbeat if King and Shaner did a book together.
>>
>>82490867
>Wants to do another GL with Doc
>He's Kings favourite character to write
>Still no Green Lantern: Earth One
>>
>>82490867
>https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/716810756952563713

Holy fucking shit. I want this so badly. King and Doc's one-shot is instantly my favorite Hal Jordan story because it exemplifies everything the character is about.

Also: pic related. Easily my favorite GL page. That next to last panel is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>82491501
King really gets Hal and he said Hal is the most fun character to write so I desperately hope he gets to work on him in a more extensive capacity in the future
>>
>>82488271
then get rid of the fucking speedforce it was a mistake when it was first introduced and its still a mistake now just bring him back to being the fastest man alive what the fuck were they even thinking all those years ago.
>>
>>82490476
i really liked the bit where he went to scatter that guys ashes towards the start of justice league.

and the ping pong table gag.
>>
>>82492402
>what the fuck were they even thinking all those years ago.

Basically something along the lines of
>man there sure are a lot of characters with Goes Fast
>most of them seem to do a lot of stuff that doesn't really make sense even in context of going fast
>And man, I don't care how many burgers Wally eats, he still isn't going to have enough energy to do all that

So they created a thing that unified all the speedsters, that powered them and that explained stuff like they didn't catch fire or have their clothes sheared off.
>>
Johns Justice League Run has been so disappointing. The only parts are really cared about were Curse of Shazam and Forever Evil (and even those had flaws).
Everything else was either boring or disappointed. Johns needs to stick to smaller projects.
>>
>>82494265
>Johns needs to stick to smaller projects.

I really want him working on Minis, he still has talent, but he needs to deliver his own "Kingdom come" or his "killing joke". He doesnt even need to work outside continuity, just not be the center piece of the DC universe.
>>
>>82486838
The Justice League members one-shots were the obly good thing to come out of this event. The Green Lantern and Shazam ones in particular. Everything else is rather "meh" and the Grail is a boring villain.
>>
>>82486838
Because the Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics is off writing movie scripts and producing televisions shows instead of finishing his comics
>>
>>82495548
Then take him off comics. Say what you want about Loeb, but at least he's focusing on TV instead of splitting his time like Geoff is.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.