[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rebirth is the perfect oportunity to take detective comics back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Detective_Comics_1.jpg (989 KB, 1400x1906) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Comics_1.jpg
989 KB, 1400x1906
rebirth is the perfect oportunity to take detective comics back to its roots of being about various detectives not just batman.

dont get me wrong i love batman but it would still be nice
>>
>>82486807
Rotate out stories with The Question, the Specter, Martian Manhunter, The Sandman, and the Elongated Man in short story arcs.

I'd buy it.
>>
>>82486905
What about ya boy Slam Bradley?
>>
I wish the big two gave the non cape characters they own a second chance
National Comics was an awesome attempt at that but you nerds didn't care.

Roy Raymond Tv Detective will be awesome.
>>
>>82486926
I never thought i would say this

But there's a terrible lack of middle age overcoat detectives who punch people in comics
>>
>>82486905
What about Riddler?
>>
>>82487111
Well constantine is kind of a detective and he occasionally punches people
That said I haven't read any of the new 52 hellblazer only the original and justice league dark so maybe he's changed a lot
>>
>>82486807
>being about various detectives not just batman
death knell to sales

maybe just have little bonus back up issues in there

>>82487444
>I haven't read any of the new 52 hellblazer
keep it that way.
>>
>>82486905
what about john constantine
>>
>>82487578
>keep it that way.
Well I intended to wait until I finished the original hellblazer before moving onto nu52 anyway and I still have about 60% of that to go plenty of time to steel myself for a horrible reboot
>>
>>82487727
then read constatine : hellblazer
>>
File: 1437228983137.gif (479 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1437228983137.gif
479 KB, 450x400
>>82487120
You know, I might be in the minority here, but I always found The Riddler to be a far more interesting baddie than say the Joker because he felt like the picture perfect foil for batman
>>
>>82486807
Rebirth is about getting more money and a batfamily book is the way to do it
>>
>>82486807
I thought you were going to say it should go back to its original racist Chinese caricature roots. Now that would've been something.
>>
>>82488434
Sorry, Batman is all ME AM CRAZY AND SCARY SHIT!!
Stuff, his whole detective thing and having to outhink his opponents thing hasn't been a thing in any recent batman media outside of WB batman adventures.
I still remember that one ep of batman where the riddler couldn't figure out how batman got out of his perfect trap.
Think I'm kidding?

Consequently that's probably the only intresting riddler in existence.
>>
>>82488406
you mean Constantine: Gayblazer
>>
>>82488434
Yeah, I have the same feeling. I even prefer Two Faces over Joker actually.
>>
>>82488434
Riddler is too hard for most writers to write
>>
>>82489468
To be honest, what I like about Riddler is that he is pathetic and based at the same time. I recently have read the latest issue of Flash and Riddler is so dangerous but he does not apparent that because he looks like a wimpy guy but then he has everything so prepared Flash was almost able to do nothing and rogues were fooled, and I love when rogues get fooled. RIDDLER CAN'T FIGHT, AND IF HE CAN, HE IS NO BATMAN OR LADY SHIVA, BUT THEN HE DOESN'T NEED TO FIGHT. I would have loved to see at least an issue of Riddler facing Midnighter.
>>
>>82486905
Who would be down for multiple Questions? Renee AND Vic?
>>
>>82486905
I LOVE this potential line-up of rotating detectives, plus >>82486926, but what about involving a wild card or two every so often? Characters who are not normally detectives being thrust into the position of having to be one. Throw in someone like Richard Dragon or better yet Aquaman and allow his character to explore a detective story.
>>
>>82487120
>>82488434
I've seen the Riddler in various interpretations, but I'd love to see him featured as a detective anti-hero sort in a book like the one OP proposes.

I swear, OP. If you're a DC writer, you better give /co/ credit if your pitch makes it and sees publication.
>>
Detective Comics is the Batfamily containment book now, unfortunately.
>>
>>82486905
now, see, that's actually a cool idea
>>
>>82486905
Isn't the Question Judas now?
>>
>>82491947
If that is still the case it's probably gonna go out with Rebirth.

Or at least god I hope it will.
>>
>>82490717
That would be pretty cool
>>
>>82490773
No I'm not associated with dc sorry.
>>
>>82492132
You could be. I think the DC Writers Workshop thing is still open.
>>
>>82491947
>>82492084
Phantom Stranger is Judas, and it was the best handled of the Trinity of Sin.
No idea who Question is, except that he fucked up bad somehow.
>>
>>82486807
>back to its roots

You mean all 26 issues?
>>
>>82492219
Well I doubt they planed for it to become all Batman with 27 so more like all 27 issues
>>
>>82492171
Do it! Do it! Do it!

We need a book like this. I know sales figures say otherwise, but I want some variety in my comics and not only have Batman, Superman, GL books offered to me.

My favorite part of DC now is getting to know the second and third-tier characters better and see them become more popular.
>>
>>82492191
>Phantom Stranger is Judas, and it was the best handled of the Trinity of Sin.
Nothing about trinity of sin was good, that's what you get when idiots that had no idea about mythology or magic have to work with mystical characters.
>>
>>82492471
i liked the immortal killer gun (although i assume a lot of people hated it) but i havent really read any s.h.a.d.e stuff so maybe thats preexisting
>>
>>82492556
im about to read some of that frankenstine stuff right now hopefully it will be better then justice league dark was probably more of an action focus then that had but maybe thats for the best jld sort of couldent decide what it wanted to be.

i still enjoyed jld overall though
>>
File: hiss.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hiss.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>82492171
>All those stories I want to tell in the DCU
>Pretty sure I could do better than some of the hacks that get regular work at DC
>Have literally zero published material
>>
>>82492751
Same with me, all I have are crappy Pokemon fanfics from years ago, and even then they would have to be translated into English
Feels bad man, I'd love to have a try at breaking the Titans curse
>>
>>82492700
well i got a bit distracted but im just starting it off now i can see from the 4th page there willing to go rather over the top which could be a good thing
>>
>>82492751
I bet you can't do better work than them. I find writers with this kind of hubris are just as bad as those they claim superiority over
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.