[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I USED TO LOVE THIS SHOW BUT WHEN FP LEFT FINN IT LEGIT DEPRESSED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (695 KB, 1024x627) Image search: [Google]
image.png
695 KB, 1024x627
I USED TO LOVE THIS SHOW BUT WHEN FP LEFT FINN IT LEGIT DEPRESSED ME, I HAVENT BEEN THE SAME IN TWO YEARS, FUCK YOU FLAME PRINCESS, IM SO LONELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
You know, I usually laugh of the "oh no c u c k e d" fags, fucking ridiculous, but I have to admit that when Shitamon Bun "keked" Finn I actually got really pissed off. First and only time ever. Bravo, Adventure Time. You made me break my one rule.
>>
>>82485641
>Getting angry at a fictional character
Get angry at Somvilay Xayaphone, not Flame Princess. Poor writing and mishandled characters hurt the show, not the characters themselves.
>>
>>82485752
I hate both. I know its irrational but i hate that fat bitch though i love her thicc curves
>>
>>82485641
>>82485712
Get rekt, kekolders.
Personally, I was just tired of those stupid dramas, I want comedy action with occasional deepest lore.
>>
>>82485809
Fuck you, why cant it have been an action show, with finn having a fucktoy like fp on the side?
>>
>>82485858
Flame Princess as a fucktoy was boring as hell.

Playing with Fire was literally the only time she's ever been handled really well, and it wasn't even a part of the actual show. She had a lot of potential that was never used, and now this is the world we live in.
>>
File: 1410924315086.png (202 KB, 462x453) Image search: [Google]
1410924315086.png
202 KB, 462x453
>mfw this thread
>>
Is this an NTR fetish thread?
>>
>>82485943
>>82485965
Fuck you man.
>>82485907
She was funny and cute eyecandy, till they made her literally cuck finn for an anyhromoprphic grease filled mall thing.
>>
You people are retarded. Cb isn't with her he's just like what Finn is to pb
>>
>>82485641
I know that's you Finn you salty bitch.
>>
>>82485965
>he isn't on board the c-u-c-k train
>>
>>82485641
it had been going downhill for a while already when this happened
>>
>>82488971
Yeah, but this is what killed the show for me.
>>
You guys do know cuck isn't filtered anymore, right?
>>
>>82485641
I prefer beating off to BMO over Flame Princess.
>>
File: image.jpg (384 KB, 850x1416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384 KB, 850x1416
>>82490385
>I prefer beating off to BMO
Thank you
>>
>>82485641
the real problem is that Cinnamon Bun went full retard afterwards, that was the only time that he actually acted like a knight.
>>
>>82485641
That isnt what's really bothering you, is it? Do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>82492178
this. Also there's an upcoming episode where PB creates CB's partner, putting this whole thing to a rest.
>>
>>82492256
My gf broke up with me around then, and i havent fully recoverd.
>>
File: jontron sweat.gif (725 KB, 245x172) Image search: [Google]
jontron sweat.gif
725 KB, 245x172
>>82491723
>>
>>82485641
Your problem is that you are a gay.
Watching AT past the first season is a tell tale sign that you enjoy the company of the same sex.
>>
>>82494118
Pretty sure this is absolutely 100% right.
>>
I find the fact the /co/ is still enraged by this plot arc is hilarious. People took this way too personally. It's like you guys prove a point: that cucking is a very sensitive topic among average white males who watch cartoons. Too bad you're not AT's main demographic, huh?
>>
>>82494174
this whole post is full of passive aggression and therefore , unsubtle

I rate your bait 3/10
>>
>>82494174
Why would anybody think cheating is ok?
>>
>>82494174
I'm hispanic and ntr is fucking wrong man.
Stop trying to give it a pass because it's your fetish.
>>
>>82494174
>cheating is okay because it's cartoon characters!
Imagine how fucked up our kids will be, jesus.
>>
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 900x813) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 900x813
>>82494078
>>82494118
You say that like its a bad thing : )
>>82494174
Every fucking bitch who wrote and particpated in this shit plot line should be beaten.
>>
>>82494182
>>82494226
>>82494247
>>82494267
>>82494275

Looks like I hit a nerve ;)
>>
reporto and ignoro dummies
>>
>>82494321
One of those people is asking a question; myself.
And you aren't answering.
>>
>>82494331
Why? This is a legitimate thread. Why would you report us?
>>
>>82494355
Nothing in this thread is anything but shitposting. Least of all the op.
>>
>>82494334

there was no cheating involved, anon. CB is not FP's boyfriend. Finn's relationship failed because the AT team wanted to simulate the heartbreak of an adolescent's first breakup. The point of the arc was to give Finn an opportunity to grow as a person. The breakup wasn't particularly justified, but rarely are breakups fair.

I think the main problem is how seriously people took it. I feel like a lot of /co/ identified with Finn, and when the relationship failed with no good reason, people felt personally slighted by the show. Maybe because a lot of people on /co/ have faced a rough breakup before, and this particular moment in AT reminded them of that.
>>
>>82494390
Not quite what I was asking or why.
Or referring to.
>>
>>82494405
sorry anon, what were you asking?
>>
It's going to end after today. An episode designed to address this situation is on the way. PB creates a companion for CB, Finn accidentally bumps into Phoebe.
>>
>>82494388
Lol, no its not. Eat shit anon.
>>
>>82494419
Well one of the posters was being rather passive aggressive about, "boy you guys sure are sensitive about cucking!"
That's what I was referring to when I asked, "Why would anybody think cheating is ok?"
>>
>>82494475
How convincing.
>>
>>82494495
I was that poster. I also wrote this >>82494390

Cheating isn't okay, of course. But that plot arc in AT was not cheating. Like I said, CB is not FP's boyfriend. The whole scenario has been exaggerated. There was no real cucking, just people who felt like they were cucked. A real emotional response was elicited by that single episode, as proven by some of the posts in this thread:
>>82485712
>>82485793
>>82486554
>>
>>82494526
So I've heard.
>>
>>82494390
>I think the main problem is how seriously people took it. I feel like a lot of /co/ identified with Finn, and when the relationship failed with no good reason, people felt personally slighted by the show. Maybe because a lot of people on /co/ have faced a rough breakup before, and this particular moment in AT reminded them of that.
That's projecting

Ever consider we just thought it was bad writing , I mean it was by xylophone and his episodes in the last season weren't exactly the best, far from it actually
>>
>>82494390
>No good reason
Didn't it fail because Finn was deliberately manipulating FP because he got off to seeing her mad? And instead of talking about those wierd new emotions to her, he used her personal feelings as ammunition to fuel her anger? And then after that being a creepy fuck more interested in trying to impress her than saving her kingdom?
>>
File: 1439265708857.jpg (14 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1439265708857.jpg
14 KB, 262x263
>>82496041
yes
yes
yes
ITS THE WRITER'S FAULT
>>
File: 1460252079239.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460252079239.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1280
>>82485641
It was handled really poorly.

But I feel like they've started to pick things up since then with the most recent season.
>Finn hasn't been such a little crybaby faggot
>Actual adventures happening again
>Finn trying out new romance shit with Huntress Wizard
In fact, the HW stuff felt like an apology over the FP shit. Her remark about them both "being wild beasts" that can't love each other seemed a bit more fitting than the bullshit we got before.

Finn's an adventurer. His squeeze shouldn't be some temperamental princess that comes packed with DRAMA: it should be a nice calm girl to balance him out.
Like Roselinen.
The only relationship he's ever had that went perfectly.
But then he forgot all about it.
Dammit, I want her back.
>>
>>82496105
Huntress Wizard was a good show of Finn actually maturing. He wanted to hook up with her deep down, but it wasn't the all-consuming motivation for what he did. He was genuinely trying to help her do what she wanted and not using it like a "Look how cool I am, don't you want to date me?" ploy. And when she says it won't work out, he's able to take it like "That's too bad but I'm glad it still ended pretty well."
>>
>>82496041
>And then after that being a creepy fuck more interested in trying to impress her than saving her kingdom?

This actually felt like flanderization , Finn didn't even care about adventuring and was way too overbearing
>>
Finn wasn't cucked. And you can get what the writers were going for, kinda. They wanted to invoke the feeling of getting your heart broken for the first time, of losing someone that really could have been the one if you hadn't fucked it up. And then they wanted to show what happens when you find yourself unable to get over that person, how easy it is to start acting weird, how in the end it's going to hurt even more because they'll end up viewing you as a creep.

These are rough emotions to portray. The problem was, it came at a time when people were getting tired of the emotion of the show and wanted to get back to fun adventures. Finn was at a low point, but they had stretched it out for too long and made it annoying.

Then came Red Throne and while you can see what they were going for it just felt like they were rubbing your face in it. "Haha, Finn's a fucking creep now and look, even a drooling retard like CB is better than him! Haha!" As I commented at the time, it felt like the writers actively hated Finn during that season. A lot of the fun had gone out of the show, making it into something weird, and RT was the apotheosis of that. That's why it provoked such a strong reaction.

Now that AT has recovered a bit, it's easy to look back and think the reaction to the ep was an overreaction. But really it made a lot of sense at the time.
>>
>>82485641
Wait, has today's episode already aired?
>>
>>82496177
>it felt like the writers actively hated Finn during that season.
This
>>
>>82496105
>>82496133

I agree about the HW stuff, it really did show that Finn had matured. But I disagree that Finn needs a nice 'calm' girl, necessarily.

Finn's thing with women is that he likes powerful princess types for immature reasons. PB with his crush on her, FP with him getting turned on by her kicking Ice King's ass.

The women he actually seems to get along with best, however, are kind of wild spirit/feral type girls, like Marceline and HW.

A mature relationship for Finn would be him pursuing a relationship with that type of girl, despite not feeling the immature infatuation for them that he feels for princess types.
>>
>>82496165
It was painful to watch as a whole but it's a flanderization that makes sense for a growing teenage boy. And I do like how we got to present Finn who's interested in romance but has enough self control to be cool about it like with Huntress Wizard.
>>
File: 180px-PennLeft.png (50 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
180px-PennLeft.png
50 KB, 180x191
I'm more mad at Flame Princess being shunted into her current boring-ass 'stern ruler' role than the Cinnabon thing. She just became interesting during Vault of Bones, I actually wanted to see her relationship with Finn develop, good or bad, and then they ended it with a big fat 'fuck you' in Fire and Ice.
Not to mention the slew of shit episodes that came after it regarding Finn's boner
>mfw Too Young
>mfw Breezy
>mfw it looked like they were redeeming themselves in Flute Spell but they fucked that ending up too
>>
>>82496263

Yeah, Breezy was fucking dumb, and it is sad to see a potentially great character like FP reduced to "well LOL she's ruling the fire kingdom now and....uh...well she just HATES lying"
>>
>>82485965
It's called cuckolding now, get with the times grandpa.
>>
>>82496227
I suppose that is also a viable option for him.
I think the more important factor is the freedom.

A Princess is just too tight to deal with. They have all these obligations and stress that could easily end up backfiring on their relationship.

But a more free spirit, someone open to just accepting the bullshit that happens as bullshit that happens, works with them being either calm or wild.
>Roselinen worked as she was willing to travel their pillow world with Finn and still love him/raise a family
>He gets along with HW & Marceline cause they allow him to relax and just talk about shit.

Then again, he now sees PB as a kind of teen boy hearthrob/cool bro to hang with so I'm not sure where the romance would lie before it gets to that point.
>>
>>82496263
when AT nosedived, it nosedived hard
>>
Has today's episode already aired? I it what people are discussing about, here?
>>
>>82496285
Cuckolding is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay older term there gramps
>>
... did this storyline hit too close to home for /co/ or something?
>>
>>82496571
Well, even the mods had /cu/ck word filtered...
>>
File: 1389294020919.jpg (16 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1389294020919.jpg
16 KB, 300x100
>>82485641

>/co/
>>
I remember watching this since I was a kid in 2010. It started to get boring and unfunny as time went on. Finn getting cucked by a cinnamon roll was the last straw and I dropped it.
>>
>>82494390
OP here, this is honestly ehy i hated it. Finn was someone i connected with, and seeing him cucked without being violent and lashing put at Fp, and taking it like a little bitch and letting himself get depressed and lonely, really fucked me up and i still havent fully recoverd.
>>82496041
Doednt fucking matter, the fucking cunt shouldve sucked it up and forgave him.
>>
>>82496994
>I was a kid in 2010
Get the fu-
>A 12 year old would be 18 now.
Have the times pass on so long?
>>
The show was already stale as hell when she left.

I don't care anymore.
>>
>>82485641
I wish FP just became Finn's gf the way Rainacorn is Jake's. She's mostly off screen and only occasionally comes back instead of centering so many episodes and drama around her.
>>
>>82485641
Fp was their shitty saving throw after they blew out Finn/BP so blowing out Finn/fp was the nail in the coffin for a lot of people and made it clear that Finn is a FUCKCKING HWHITE MALE and was no longer allowed to be a. Happy or b. The protagonist of his series

Which, I bailed when the bubblegum thing happened since I personally don't need to see EVERY nail go into the coffin but some people held out hope and that's fair
>>
>>82497496
With an attitude like that, you're going to be alone for a loooooong time.
>>
Don't worry kids, Bubbline will let Finn join them when he's older
>>
>>82485641

>self-inserting as Finn

You had it coming, loser.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.