[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one still watching for the payoff with these two?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Am I the only one still watching for the payoff with these two?

Simon, Marcy and now Betty have the most engaging and heartfelt story in the show without question, and it's arguably up there with other solid works.

"I remember you" still gives me the feels.
>>
>>82483911

Nobody should give two shits about Betty
>>
>>82483911
Xyalaphone is still a writer so no, I don't have any hope for the show
>>
>>82484012
I kinda hate how they're trying to kill the whole "magic and science can coexist thing" by reminding us all "MAGIC AM JUST SCIENCE LOOK THE CROWN HAS CIRCUITRY" thing, but I am legit hopeful for this storyline at least.

The turning Simon into a cuck at the hands of that one vampire bint was a misstep but at least it was offscreen in a passing comment so I can pretend it didnt happen
>>
>>82483911
didn't they turn betty into some sort of magic-man crazy lady though?
>>
Who cares, after sugar left the rushed the fuck out of Simon's arc. They've ruined him.
>>
>>82484407
yeah, she stole Magic Man's magic and she's an ambiguous level of crazy right now, but in a way that makes it more interesting since it actually gives her a reason to not be around Marcy or Ice King at all times
>>
>>82483911
what show or comic is this?
>>
>>82485535
Adventure Time
>>
>>82485593
Never heard of it. Is it new?
>>
>>82485631
...no...
>>
>>82484202
>The turning Simon into a cuck at the hands of that one vampire bint was a misstep but at least it was offscreen in a passing comment so I can pretend it didnt happen

What the hell is up with the writers and this shit fetish?
>>
>>82484202
>The turning Simon into a cuck at the hands of that one vampire bint was a misstep but at least it was offscreen in a passing comment so I can pretend it didnt happen
what
>>
>>82489657
the vampire hypnotist was tauntin marcalins inability to protect simon and said that at one point "he was happier when he served her",
implying simon got caught by her until marcy killed her the first time.

If thats your standard for geting cucked whoop de-doo
>>
File: 1458161488157.jpg (26 KB, 850x467) Image search: [Google]
1458161488157.jpg
26 KB, 850x467
>>82485631
>>
>>82483911
Yeah, actually Ice King and Finn's many swords are the only two plots I actually care about. I skip all other episodes.

Actually the BMO episodes that deal with his background and creator aren't bad
>>
The episode Betty killed not only this storyline, but the entire show. I Remember You was one of the best 12 minutes of TV I'd ever seen and they fucking ruined it by jamming what should have been a four-parter into 12 minutes, rushing over Betty and Marcy being reunited with Simon, and shoving Betty into this bizarro world. I'll never forgive them.
>>
File: 1452395652221.jpg (15 KB, 269x253) Image search: [Google]
1452395652221.jpg
15 KB, 269x253
It is absolutely astonishing how Ice King, the saddest and loneliest character on the show since the beginning, has scored more than Finn.

Finn just needs to hang himself by now
>>
>>82493125

that was the last time i was excited for adventure time.

waiting for betty to air, had friends over to my dorm room who liked the show and everything and then disappointment.

stakes was ok but adventure time is dead imo and i have no hope they will actually finish or do anything significant with any of the promising plot lines that made me fall in love with the show in the first place.

its extra sad cause unlike spongebob or the simpsons that got bad later on i cant even really enjoy old adventure time much anymore knowing the plots will go no where, a lot of what i loved was waiting to explore and see more of the world and backstory of everyone... why did they have to fuck this show up it was amazing for a brief moment in cartoon history.
>>
>>82493568
I don't know why I expected anything from Stakes

They set up the previous season ending with PB leaving Candy Kingdom so they made you think things were going to start changing. Then Marcy gets cured of Vampirism, and...

Everything goes back to normal at the end of the miniseries. Thanks status quo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.