[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Marvel going to bring Bruce Banner Hulk back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: CWfront.jpg (170 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
CWfront.jpg
170 KB, 1200x600
How is Marvel going to bring Bruce Banner Hulk back?
>>
Probably like how they brought back Quasar in Standoff, randomly.

The better question is, why is Civil War II bringing back Banner? Has Cho even been given enough time to do something.
>>
>>82482033
I don't get it?

Is all the Bruce Banner Hulk stuff not in this new continuity?
>>
>>82482305
It's all in continuity, the new Hulk series just started off after Bruce Banner had seemingly sacrificed himself and Amadeus Cho had become the new Hulk
>>
>>82482033
Pretty sure Jen dying will trigger Bruce to Hulk out somehow, maybe Cho took a lot of the Hulk from him but left enough Hulk to resurface inside Bruce.
>>
>>82482192
Because Banner is the only Hulk that has ever been any good. ChoHulk was always a waste of time.
>>
>>82486029
When was the last time Banner was interesting? Jeff Parker's Red Hulk was more interesting than any recent Banner book
>>
>>82486182
Bruce Jones
>>
I like how Hulk is a noun, a verb, and an adjective.
>>
>>82486182
How about every single moment since his first comic?
>>
>>82482033
Why are marvel so into changing the person behind the mask lately? With whir, fem wolverine, spider-man and hulk it seems like no character is just allowed to be themselves.
>>
>>82482033
He won't.
Issue 3 will be about Homer seeing a vision of a Hulk killing everyone, and a hero murders him thinking he's about to Hulk out.

#GreenLivesMatter
>>
>>82488370
so they can replace their actors the next time they ask for more money instead of recasting them and rebooting the franchise since the MCU is built on returning customers from film to film.
>>
>>82487211
what the fuck

>>82488370
It's a story DC's done a bunch of times but Marvel never really had so there's easy narrative potential. Marvel started the trend at the perfect time when new diversity in comics would make headlines. Imagine if DC's wave of Ryan Choi/Jamie Reyes/Jason Rusch had come out in the age of tumblr
>>
Bump for I will post the Marvel.com interview on this matter.
>>
>>82491836

Here we go:

>About a decade ago, a fairly new writer named Greg Pak began his run on INCREDIBLE HULK, and in the subsequent years sent the character into space, revealed he had a son, replaced him for a time with a certain Greek God, and introduced a new sidekick, boy genius Amadeus Cho.

>Now, with Civil War II looming and Cho stepping in to become a new version of the Hulk, Pak will bring back the man who wore the green for all those years before Amadeus lifted his burden: Bruce Banner. The original Hulk, now depowered, will return in TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #7.

>We spoke with Pak about what Banner’s been up to since Cho depowered him, what it’s like working with legendary artist Alan Davis, and more.

>Marvel.com: We’ve seen in past issues of Totally Awesome Hulk how the powers and burden of being the Hulk transferred from Bruce Banner to Amadeus Cho. Now that Bruce is back for a couple issues, what can we expect to learn about his time away?

>Greg Pak: We’ll reveal exactly what happens to Banner in the wake of losing his powers—with all the emotional turmoil and terrible danger that might imply. Has Amadeus given Banner the greatest gift of his life by stripping him of the Hulk—or just introduced the newest, cruelest version of his curse?

>Marvel.com: How has no longer being the Hulk changed Bruce Banner?

>Greg Pak: Banner goes through multiple stages during the course of the story. I can’t get too specific for fear of spoilers, but my editors encouraged me to dig deep. This is a big, emotional Banner story, and I hope you love it as much as we do.

>Marvel.com: What's it been like for you, returning to the character of Bruce Banner in his current state?
>>
>>82491867

>Greg Pak: I’ve probably written more comics starring Bruce Banner than any other character on the planet. I love the guy, and it’s tremendous to write this particular story, which goes places I’ve never gone with him. I was able to write a depowered Banner before during the “Son of Banner” storyline, but never a story with Banner grappling with these specific challenges and mindset. It’s a big story and I’m grateful I got tapped to write it.

>Marvel.com: In addition to the return of Bruce Banner, this is also a Civil War II tie-in. How does this story intersect with the main title? Will Banner and Cho have to choose a side?

>Greg Pak: This story really serves as a critical prelude to Civil War II. We’ll dig deep into a direct, real-time tie-in starting with issue #9. Stay tuned!

>Marvel.com: Is this the first time you’ve worked with artist Alan Davis? What's it been like collaborating on the story?

>Greg Pak: This is indeed the first time we’ve worked together! And for me it’s a huge thrill. Alan’s a legend; I’ve loved his clean lines and seamless storytelling forever. I’ve just been going over all of the art for the issue again, and even without the letters, you can effortlessly follow the plot and really feel those emotional beats. That’s what you get when work with a legend. Thanks so much, Alan!
>>
boop
>>
>>82491867
>>82491882
I hate criptic interview teases.
There's no point to them, all they do is tell you what idiocy was bouncing around in a writer's head.
If you want to know what happens in the story you read the damned story.
I've been ignoring interviews for a decade and it is better to just judge the work on the page without spoilers, crib notes, and somebody selling it as better than it really is.
>>
2 Hulks
2 Captain Americas
2 Spider-Men

STAHP
>>
>>82482376
>seemingly sacrificed himself
Eh? Nah nigga, he just got depowered when Cho drained the gamma out of him. Last issue even had Cho's sister tell him he should go to Bruce for help with handling the Hulk and Cho said no because he didn't want to bother him with more Hulk drama.
>>
>>82494224
>3 Captain Americas
>3 Spider-Men
Fixed.
>>
>>82486182
Indestructible Hulk
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.