[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did cartoon Starfire catch on and the 30+ years of comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 8994.jpg (298 KB, 690x1024) Image search: [Google]
8994.jpg
298 KB, 690x1024
Why did cartoon Starfire catch on and the 30+ years of comics characterization before are kind of forgotten? It can't just be nostalgia happening
>>
>>82478730
80s were a long time ago and the cartoon was pretty fucking popular. Slutfire's gone, bro.
>>
the 30 years of material was forgotten thanks to the autistic ditz version of her in the cartoon that tumblrtards and normies have clung to. It's like that with all the charachters in the cartoon. Fuck, raven went from "girl who is desperate to escape her inevitable fate as a servant of the apocalypse" to "Muh brooding goth girl because she so goth XD"
>>
>>82478760
>>82478859

I just want to remind you guys that the original Starfire was never like she was portrayed in RHatO.

She was a fiery and optimistic. She did everything with emotion.
>>
>>82478760
>Slutfire's gone, bro.

And now we're stuck with Dumbfire.
>>
>>82478730
easier to fap to cartoons than drawings
>>
>>82478760
>Slutfire's gone, bro.
Like 3 guys at the most post Crisis, and 2 at best Nu52
>>
>>82478859
Raven in the original comics was boring as fuck
>>
>>82479310

Dick Grayson, the arranged marriage for the sake of the planet, the general that helped her build the new planet and Captain Comet. So 4 guys.

She had less boyfriends than Wonder Woman.
>>
>>82479077
Right, like in R.E.B.E.L.S. v2 with Captain Bootycall.
>>
>>82479690

R.E.B.E.L.S. was a terrible when it came to Starfire. Remember that stupid arc with the female GL that took Starfire to the breeding grounds?

Either way in the comic she wanted to hook up with Captain Comet, but was honest with him about her still being in love with another man (Dick Grayson). He couldn't accept the relationship that way and so they broke up.
>>
File: Janeway are you serious.gif (761 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
Janeway are you serious.gif
761 KB, 300x191
>>82478730
>Implying anyone kids knew who the fuck Starfire was

She caught on because whether you like it or not, to a lot of people she was an endearing character. Same with Raven.

Noone rejected the old to have the new ditzy Starfire, 99% of kids literally didn't know any different.

I sure didn't.
>>
>>82479077
That's what I was referring to. The wolfman/Perez starfire, who was actually competent, mature, and fun without having to be silly by being like in the cartoon. She was full of life
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.