[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about All-New All-Different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (878 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
878 KB, 1280x720
We're a few months in. What do you like/hate about ANAD? What do you pull?
>>
It's not all new or that different. They Killed Ultimate for no reason I will never forgive them.
>>
>>82474411
Vision is nice
>>
I honestly think nearly every book has shit the bed. Boring as fuck first arcs and it feels like most writers aren't even trying I was so fucking hyped for all of this and it hurts to be this disappointed.

I've tried nearly everything and the only stuff I pull:
>New Avengers
>Ultimates
>Black Panther
>Vision
>Probationary Period (might drop): Punisher/Moon Knight
>>
I'm pulling New Avengers and Vision, which is five or six titles less than what I initially pulled. I dropped most of them because they were boring or dumb.

Dislikes: Half of my favourite characters disappeared, Jean exists and quickly ruined the good X-Men comic and the event comics are worse than before. (And this is coming from someone who enjoyed AXIS.)

>>
>>82474455
>>82474602
Glad to see other people are reading the best book Marvel has published in years.
>>
>>82474411
>What do you pull?
Ultimates
Doctor Strange
Vision
Old Man Logan
Ms. Marvel
I was reading New Avenders but I'm really behind on that one and not sure to continue reading.
BTW, in a podcast yesterday, Gerardo Sandoval mentioned some of the Marvel artists are getting moved from their assigned titles and that he will be doing Venom. Any idea of any oher changes in lineup like that?
>>
>>82475284
Marcus To is doing Nightwing, so that makes two artists off New Avengers. I wonder who's replacing them
>>
>what do you pull?
All New Wolverine
Illuminati
Silk
Spider-Man and Deadpool
Extraordinary X-Men
Vision
Carnage
And just picked up Thunderbolts today.
>>
>>82475537
Paco Medina is getting moved onto New Avengers, which probably means that Contest of Champions is getting cancelled.
>>
>>82475537
To too? fuck, I just wish they get somebody with a fun style that fits the book.
>>82475600
>Illuminati
What is it even about? The illuminati were my fave super team but I don't even know who most of the new roster are.
>>
Is the new Blade book out?

Also I pulled:
Silk, Spider-Man and Deadpool, Vision.
>>
I pull these titles, I'll give them a 5 star rating because this is my personal blog.

>Red Wolf ****
>Ms Marvel ***
>Herc ***
>Starbrand and Nightmask **
>Spider-Gwen **
>Silk ***
>Spider-Man Deadpool *****
>Spider-Man 2099 **
>Spidey ***
>Vision *****
>Black Knight (canceled now) *
>Daredevil ***
>Contest of Champions ****
>Carnage ****
>Spider-Man (will most likely be dropping this if Bendis doesn't get his shit together. So, 100% dropping at the end of this arc) **
>Moon Knight ****
>Picked up Punisher today, but I haven't had time to read it

I've enjoyed most of those. I would have dropped Starbrand and Nightmask, but with sales i the quadruple digits, I thought I might as well watch the last remaining piece of the New Universe whimper and die.
>>
>>82475788
Fuck, I forgot

>Hawkguy ****
> Old Man Logan ****
>Doctor Strange ****
>>
>>82475779
>Is the new Blade book out?
No. Some shit went down with the original artist so they had to put the book on hiatus until they got that sorted out. They've recently announced that they've found a new artist for the book so it's finally going to be coming out, but they're not releasing it until after Civil War II so it doesn't get cannibalized by event hype.
>>
>>82475678
Oh, nice! His art looks good and suitable for the team's roster.
>>
>>82475719
>What is it even about?
It's a Masters of Evil book with Hood and Titania as the main protagonists.
>>
I enjoy reading Ewing's books Ultimates, new avengers, contest of champions. They all seem like a collective spiritual successor for Next Wave.

It's kinda great.

Bendis Spider Man is the Miles book we needed like 4 years ago so that's been fun.

Uncanny X- men feels like your regular good X-book imho but that might just be me.

I kinda dropped Deadpool for some reason but I will probably get back to it. I keep dropping in and out mid arc? Not that it's boring or anything but idk.

Ms Marvel is always a delight and so is Vision by Tom King.

AS for books I read grudgingly? Lemire's Extraordinary Xmen. Fuck him so much. He can do solo books well but sucks balls with Team books. It seems like Marvel deliberately chose him for the flagship xbook knowing he would be shit.

Then there is Tom Taylor's all new wolverine. I love the guy's work but it isn't working for me. I know plenty of people like it but I just personally keep hoping for it to get good.

Amazing Spider-man, the zodiac arc was so fucking boring. I am so close to dropping it. Slott seems like a mastermind by bringing MJ back so I am suckered back in. Fuck Marvel and OMD.

Dr Strange is another book I hate. I love Strange but Aaron is a fucking hack of a writer. He just copied his godkiller arc and turned it into magic stuff. I love his world building but Stephen is so horribly characterized it just makes me have an aneurysm. It is a damn travesty that casual fags will actually have THIS book as an intro to Dr Strange. There are dozens of other books that not only do him justice but are WRITTEN WELL.
>>
>>82475900
Fair enough.

I honestly enjoy Blade so having a new books is hopefully worth the wait.
Hopefully.
>>
>>82475779
>Is the new Blade book out?
No

In fact just a few days ago Seeley said he has no idea what's going on with it.
They got a new artist, and they may just be holding off on it so Civil War II doesn't destroy its sales.
>>
>>82475719
It's a villain book now, basically Hood is trying g to rally all the supervillains togeather and form a network where they are all working with each other rather than side by side. I'm a sucker for villain books and Hood was a favorite of mine ever since he showed up. The interior art is questionable, but I still enjoy it, and the writing isn't going win any awards.
>>
>>82475678
>Contest of Champions is getting cancelled.
Oh yeah, I pull that too, fuck!
>>82474602
>Half of my favourite characters disappeared
This. I was super into Namor and Cyclops before secret wars. At least Namor did something in the event... but I will never forgive Bendis for having Scott in the perfect place to have one of his most memorable arcs and doing nothing with him.
>>
>>82474411
I like Jane in the Avengers, I like Sam (Nova) and Kamala in Avengers, I like Kamala and Vision solos. Sam (Cap/Falcon) is OK in avengers and solo but not great, Ultimates is OK, A-Force is OK, Silk seems to be getting worse but I'm sticking with it. Jane in Thor is insufferable, Miles is just as boring if not more than when he was in 1610, Jessica (Spider Woman) I don't like but I've never been a huge fan of any solo thing she's done. I've said it before and I'll say it again I wish they killed her off for Ultimate Jessica to be here somehow. Spider-Gwen SUCKS but damn that costume still looks good just not good enough for me to bother with her book anymore. Maybe kill her to and give 1610 Jess some dark red version of that suit.
>>
>>82475928

Books that I think are okay?

Uncanny Avengers: Some parts are kinda bad, but it hasn't gone completely awful like Bendis Avengers used to do on its bad days. Stuff like UltronPym, Johnny Storm, dickish peitro, Cable etc are things that keep making me come back.

Even if the writing can get subpar.

All New All Different Avengers: I love Waid. I think it was about time he got to write a flagship avengers book. However I think his stories are suffering from this recent trend of doing 6 issue arcs. Fuck Marvel for encouraging that. I know its great for Paperbacks but I get fucking bored for a simple arc taking half a fucking year of my life.

Anyways I did indulge a bit in Spider Gwen, Silk and A Force. They seem decent enough but like I dunno. Just aren't grabbing my interest. I recommend you guys check it out either way. Also check web warriors I guess if you want your alternate reality fix. Contest of Champions is ten times better in that regard.
>>
Minorityvengers
>>
>>82475955
Spoiler alert regarding Namor's stats: he's getting brought back in Squadron Supreme's Civil War II tie-in
>>
>>82475952
>It's a villain book now
yawn, pass.
>>
>>82476057
That's fine, I'm just happy that there are a few villain books out there, I get really tired of hero pov from time to time.
>>
>>82476051
>Civil War II tie-in
But... I don't want to read that shit!
>>
File: 1460076855718.jpg (90 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1460076855718.jpg
90 KB, 728x636
I really haven't noticed too different a "status quo". Got some diverse Caps and Spiders..... And more gays. That's about it.

PULLING:
A-Force, just grabbed 4&5 gonna figure out if i wanna stay with.

ANAD Avengers, I'm enjoying it.

ANAD Wolverine: i like laura but I'm getting bored

Amazing: Caumoulli is a fucking hack and his same face is awful. I'm only pulling, because muh spider-man

Black panther... We'll see

Sam wilson: pretty good. His race is not an issue to me.

Carnage: started slow, but I'm really liking the story now.

Doctor Strange: dat Bachalo

Extraordinary X: bought for Ramos, stayes because subscription

Hyperion is dec but you can really tell a girl draws it

Illuminati is what ever

karnak seemed great but wasn't impressed by last issue

Ms marvel is decent

Moon Knight seems good,gonna read #2 soon, but i didnt finish the last 2 series he was in

Nova is decent

Old man logan has it's moments, but i am starting to really like the art

Spider 2099: peter david

Spidey/Dp has it's moments

Squadron Supreme is okay

ULTIMATES is the best one of the mix

Uncanny X for the team, but Land usually has me questioning why i spent money on it

Weirdworld is okay

They're all okay. I'm sticking around hoping they'll all get better, (well some more than others), but i don't think it'll happen..... Pic related to these feelings...
>>
>>82475900
I just want Seeley to be exclusive for DC. He won't do it it, he's working everywhere currently.
>>
>>82474411
I pull my dick to Kamala. Everything else is trash.
>>
vision is really good. reading deadpool / UA too. might try out moon knight and black panther

there isn't much to like a bout marvel right now, weakest they've been in a while
>>
>>82476051
>he wasn't dead for a year
lol
>>
>>82474411
>Like
Miss Marvel, but only because she's cute.

>Hate
Almost everything else. It's all shit.

>Pull
Nothing. Those hacks don't deserver a cent.
>>
>>82478749
Yeah he even has a new Aftershock book coming out this summer I think.
>>
>>82474411
None of it, because I can't stand forced SJW faggoty. The only thing partially redeemable is a new cute waifu like Kamala
>>
>>82474411
>MCU shit leaking in still
>legacies getting blacked
>legacies getting femed
>some legacies getting femed and coloured at the same time
>only spidey and (from looks) Tony remain unscathed
ERIC
>>
>>82474411
Mook Knight and Black Widow have been good so far but everything else I've read of this era has been painfully boring or mediocre. Even books I thought I'd enjoy like black Panther or Vision are bland.
>>
>>82474411
Is Red Wolf s till even ongoing? He had a pretty huge push but I barely even notice him.
>>
>>82482405
vol 1 was taken off the trade so it's dead
>>
>>82482509
Bwahaha, and people aren't even giving a fuck about this? Didn't Spencer praise how Marvel has these experimental titles?
>>
>>82474521
>I was so fucking hyped for all of this
Idiot
>>
Daredevil's been fucking awesome. Vision is a trip. Antman's still trucking along. Every other book either seems enjoyable or same old same old. Hyperion I actually really've been liking

Red Wolf was... Disappointing. Don't taunt a man with Cowboy Universe when the real book's just about police drama

I'd rather see some more series like Vision that breaks everything going on in the character's long epic 10 year avengers/X-Men/Spiderman arc for something different entirely

Also, what the fuck is GA Torchie doing? Give dat flame nigga his own book. Shit'd be rad
>>
>>82482569
Marvel has stealth cancelled at least 10 books already but I haven't seen a complete list of them nor is anybody talking about it

The closest was when Black Knight was cancelled before everything else and people were just like "IT BEGINS". After that people are lucky to bring it up when talking about solicits.
>>
Vision is the winner by a country mile.

Everything else is mediocre to crap.

Well, Ms. Marvel's still as good as it was before the "relaunch".
>>
File: tumblr_o3acdmITgg1rsus6so1_500.png (326 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3acdmITgg1rsus6so1_500.png
326 KB, 500x419
ANAD Avengers is alright
All New Wolverine is ok
Spider Man (Miles Morales) is actually interesting
The Ultimates is probably the best out of those, but not my favorite
>>
Great
>Vision
>Ultimates

Good/Ok
>Moon Knight
>Black Widow
>Old Man Logan
>Contest of Champions
>Karnak

Why the fuck am I still reading?
>Scarlet Witch

First issue of Black Panther was alright too. Hercules was good but it's over now and I dropped Squadron Supreme after the whole Weirdworld shit. Punisher first issues was meh and Thunderbolts is one of those "so retarded it's kinda fun" comics, will probably check out the storytimes every month.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.