[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best cape movie ever made ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: The-Dark-Knight.jpg (109 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
The-Dark-Knight.jpg
109 KB, 1024x768
Is this the best cape movie ever made ?
>>
Absolutely.
It and DDS1 & the first 4 episodes of s2 are the absolute greatest live action comic based material in existence.

TDK08 is flawless beyond Maggie being unattractive and DDS1 is flawless besides the fights in the last episodes being overly posed.
>>
>>82473004
Currently, Yes. Civil War fail to dethrone it.
>>
BB and TDK will never be beat.

On a side note, the moment I realized that the MCU was for children was when TWS came out yeah people here were calling it 'TDK tier'.
>>
>>82473004
No other cape movie has ever come close to even approaching it.

And despite what some people may say, Winter Soldier is no Dark Knight.
>>
>>82473935
>the moment I realized that the MCU was for children was when TWS came out yeah people here were calling it 'TDK tier'

This. It boggles my mind how anyone can even make the comparison. Sure Winter Soldier is "smarter" than most MCU films but its message and themes are heavy handed, the plot is nearly non-sensical, and the direction/cinematography is pretty standard for an action movie. TDK is on a whole other level.
>>
>>82473935
TDK is a great movie.

Frankly CW doesnt hold a candle to it. I believe it was a great movie because it actively tried to avoid the marvel formula. CW is just another Marvel movie. Its not memorable other than SM cameo.

Frankly I would put

TDK, X2, Batman 1989 or returns, SM2, TWS, first half of DDS1 and Ang Lee's Hulk. Those have a -film- quality that go beyond the rest. The rest are mere flicks.
>>
>>82474231
*TWS is a great movie
>>
Outta my Way
>>
Far from it, marketer.
>>
File: 1454287087646.png (176 KB, 515x548) Image search: [Google]
1454287087646.png
176 KB, 515x548
>>82473004
Spiderman 2
The Winter Soldier
Civil War
Batman Begins

all better.
you give Ledger too much credit.
>fight me
>>
>>82475319
forgot to add: The FUCKING Incredibles
>>
>>82473004
Not even the best Batman movie.
>>
>>82475417
Delete this comment, this image, and then your life
>>
People think TDK is a 'smart' movie

>that scene where batman suprises the joker even though he was standing directly infront of him, just out of camera
>his henchmen just monkey shuffle around instead of opening fire
>>
>>82475490
>People think TDK is a 'smart' movie

I'm pretty sure I have never heard anyone say that ever, and even if they had, none of these nitpicks about action scenes would have anything to do with addressing that.
>>
>>82475490

>for what ever reason batman has a chance to stop the joker
>screams like a retard and falls off his bike

>batman takes out a swat team by him self
>has trouble by a retard with a baseball bat two minutes later

>doesn't stop the joker when he has the chance multiple times for no reason
>saves the jokers life
>murders harvey dent using his magical teleportation powers
>>
>>82474231
>mere flicks
had me until there.
fuck /tv/ and this shit meme
>>
>>82475417
You're taking shitposting to a whole new level.
Roger Ebert wept.
>>
>>82474006
>Sure Winter Soldier is "smarter" than most MCU films but its message and themes are heavy handed
Everything the Joker says is about the conflict between him and Batman. There's nothing hinted at by the Joker, it's all speaches that make it very clear why he has an issue with Batman. The nature of the conflict and its symbolic meaning are laid out bare by straightforward dialogue.

The villains in this movie look directly at camera and say "HERE IS MY GIMMICK, BATMAN HAS TO BREAK HIS 1 RULE TO STOP ME." Jesus Christ, even Batman looks at the camera and explains why he's taking the fall for Two-Face.

Then there's narration by Gordon explaining again why Batman is taking the fall for Two-Face, he's telling his son who is the stand in for the audience in that moment. TDR is literally using a child as the audience surrogate at the end. And not in like a 'lost innosense' sort of way, but a 'you're too stupid, let the adults explain it to you' sort of way.

Now as for TWS, who cares? I'm not trying to get into company wars shit, I just think anyone who starts praising TDK for having subtle themes, a logical plot, or exceptional direction/cinematography hasn't grown past their high school aged viewing of the movie. Every characters motivation is explicated revealed by increadibly clear dialogue. Maybe TWS has shaky cam fight scenes, but TDK can't even remember which side of the frame the action is coming from.

TDK is still very highly rated for Superhero movies and is even still a good movie after everything I said, but it was never the 'best' in any regard except for how smart it made stupid people feel. Like Inception, a 7/10 that gets inflated into something 'intellectual.'
>>
>>82474006

you're fucking retarded

>le i don't need le money
>somehow still manages to obtain hundreds of weapons and have hundreds of followers
>manages to fill a hospital full of explosives
>what is homeland security

>saves the jokers life
>kills harvey dent

>i am dark night for this city deserves a man who saves the city for who am, the darkest is me 'I'm Batman'
>>
>>82473004
Batman Begins was a lot better. TDK is highly overrated.
>>
>>82473004
Yes
>>
>>82474231
>first half of DDS1
>not even putting DDS2 frank episodes.
>>82473935
>>82474006
>>82474231
>>82475682
Holy fuck /tv/
>>
TDK is just a noir crime saga, it's not a comic book movie

Tell me what comic book it's based on?

Nolan did everything he could to take it away from the comics.
>>
>>82478216
Why are all those "/tv/" when not all of them agree with each other?
>>
Yes absolutely, don't listen to anyone calling it overrated,they're just stupid contrarians,the movie has no notable flaws that effect viewing experience and enjoyment
>>
>>82478344
You dont need to base a Marvel/DC movie solely of a comic book
BB-Inspired by Batman Year One
TDK-Inspired by Batman The Long Halloween
TDKR-???Knightfall maybe????
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.